Anti-gay comedian Jim Davidson signed up for Celebrity Big Brother

1. He’s trying to revive his dead career by saying hateful things. Good luck with that. Never liked him. Naff little man.

1. I agree! This guy is a fucking wanker! I hope he has a breakdown! And then we can vote him him in just to laugh at the poor excuse of a human being! :-D

2. I certainly won’t be watching. This TV show should have been buried years ago.

C5 really do not learn from the mistakes of the previous series with accusations of bullying. If the rumours are true and Rylan from the X-Factor is going in, can you imagine what it will be like. I’m not a fan of Rylan but would not wish this man on anyone.

1. Like the series with Jade Goody, as thick as she is! Being racist alongside Danielle Lloyd and Jo O’Meara!

3. Calling him homophobic is doing him a disservice. Hes also sexist and racist. An angry and sad individual who has no place in the public eye.

1. I’m no fan of Jim Davidson, but either you want equality or you don’t.

Being treated as an equal means that you’re not above criticism or ridicule, and that sometimes you’ll be the butt of jokes, whether your straight or homosexual, male or female, white or ethnic minortity.

Demanding that gays/women/ethnic minorites be protected from being made fun of like everyone else is the exact opposite of equality. That is special rights and privileges.

4. “Comedian”? Really? Well, if you say so…

5. I don’t get what people’s problems are with this. Surely the case against prejudice and bigotry is easier to win if the voice of the prejudiced and bigoted are heard?

1. That There Other David 20 Dec 2012, 4:45pm

Sadly in this case it’ll only be heard by the tiny group of people who still watch Big Brother ;-)

6. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7. Midnighter 20 Dec 2012, 2:15pm

While the guy is in my view unquestionably a bigoted idiot, the reference to the article on the Saville case if anything detracts from the otherwise valid point being made in this article.

Several of us pointed out previously

the statement he was quoted as making did not tally with Pinknews’ headline or conclusion. False attribution like this only serves to weaken an otherwise legitimate argument.

If we are to convince our opponents, we need to ensure our argument is watertight.

8. Dangermouse 20 Dec 2012, 2:20pm

Sad little old has been.

9. Isn’t Brian Dowling the presenter of this show?

The exit interview promises to be very uncomfortable viewing.

10. Wouldn’t it be ironic if Davidson were to join the others being questioned in the aftermath of the Jimmy Saville scandal? Less probable things have happened, and you know what they say about those who protest too much ……!!

11. Dear Pink News ,
    please can I suggest you start all articles about Jim Davidson as:

“self confessed comedian, woman beater and homophobe, Jim Davidson…………”

ta

12. Great news!!! Confirmation that his career [such as it was] is OVER!!!!

13. Alex Mckenna 20 Dec 2012, 3:25pm

Extremely unfunny performer. A total piece of shit as well. Anyway, wasn’t he arrested recently for something? Always was as creepy as Savile, and I hope his grave gets dug up the same way.

14. without the poofs you probably wouldn’t be where you once were, the poofs who make so many brilliant programmes. Where are you now Jim? You’re a backward in your thinking and living in a yesterday world we have moved on. you need to look at the official Jim, more straight men in married relationships are abusing children. Sure there are gay people do ing that also, but gay or straight you have to be a pervert to abuse any child -where you get all this show bus rubbish from I don’t know

15. I thought he had died a few years ago. Clearly not. Looking forward to seeing his downfall in 2013.

1. He probably did, Phill – I mean, if his act’s anything to go by he dies every time he gets up on stage.

16. I haven’t watched Big Brother since Pete Bennett literally cracked the lens with a dose of reality. He was himself. Not some jumped up wannabe like most of the contestants seem to be these days. Who argues over groceries or how many cigarettes they get a week? I mean… come on.

Perhaps this will be a Big Break, ha ha ahem! ;) for Jim Davidson.

17. Nick Davis 20 Dec 2012, 5:48pm

I don’t watch that tripe, and the show.

18. Scraping the bottom of the barrel. I think C5 need to rename that show to “Washed up has-been Big Brother”.

19. GulliverUK 20 Dec 2012, 6:10pm

Alcoholic, wife-beater, 4 failed marriages, tax-evasion, briefly successful on TV and as a comedian, career ended long ago.declared bankrupt owing the tax-payer £700,000 in unpaid taxes.

Happy to makes jokes aimed at ethnic minorities, people who are gay, those with disabilities. Once refused to go on stage because there were people with disabilities in the front-row. He’s been accused of plagiarism of other comics material. Also makes jokes about rape victims. Former Freemason (resigned).

Only now that it’s far too late is he just beginning to acknowledge all his flaws and faults. It’s a start, but I fear he hasn’t enough time left, or the ability, to correct them. And the problem is that sometimes you just can’t take back the offence you’re caused.

It’s bound to be great viewing for some, because there isn’t any doubt that Davidson will have a meltdown. He’s now an unstable individual and won’t be able to cope with the pressures inside the house.

1. It might be worth watching in that case. Good car crash telly.

20. I think he’s probably hinting at the fact that he’s also an “entertainer”. He’s also a “loner dresses and acts like a nonce and thinks he is the most important person in the world”.

I suspect he’s trying to tell us that he’s also a “pervert”. Maybe the police need to take a good look at him.

21. Shame fellow Welshman Gareth Thomas went in earlier would love to see Davidson quaking in his loafers

22. DickHead Davidson – the greatest living argument for mercy killing –

So far as wiper Jim – all the abusers have been hetro –

now go away and just die!

23. saw him in a shop in romsey ,hants .he was buying the daily mail!just saying….

1. That There Other David 20 Dec 2012, 11:12pm

They have shops in Romsey, Hants? I thought down that way everyone got Waitrose to deliver straight to their house!

24. Think I’ll indulge in a little christmas spirit and email C5 the reasons for me not watching this show ; namely the inclusion of this homophobic talentless little z-lister (not that i ever watch it anyway) wanna join me?

25. Years ago, when Mr Davidson’s career was already on the slides, a (gay) singer friend of mine appeared on the bill with him at Scunthorpe Baths Hall of all places… Even back then, my mate described him as being ‘so far up himself’, ‘arrogant’ and ‘a pig’…. Shame that some things never change….

26. Jim Davidson……ughhhhhhh. I’ve just been sick. Shame it was’nt over him!

27. Please do not give publicity to this nasty little piece of homophobic shit! The man craves the limelight, but if we all ignore him, don’t talk about him, don’t think about him, don’t mention him….he will fade away like the aroma of a noxious fart!