Colombia: Christmas gay nativity Facebook photo sparks Catholic anger

1. That one picture explains one of the greatest biblical mysteries of all time – how the virgin birth came to be.

So now we know.

Halleluja!

2. That There Other David 18 Dec 2012, 1:48pm

Yeah, because the Nativity has to always be portrayed exactly as it occurred doesn’t it?

The Census was in 8AD. Herod died 10 years before it. None of it could have happened on 25th December even if you believe it happened at all.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 18 Dec 2012, 5:17pm

Actually true. Astrologists have proved that it could not have been December 25th, but some time in October I believe.

It makes you wonder in which century the Catholic church is living using defunct words such as ‘sacrilege’ and some times ‘blasphemy’.

Their protest is a bit rich given it’s centuries old tradition of paedophilia and covering it up to avoid exposure and prosecution. Freedom of expression in this case only applies if its the Catholic agenda it seems.

3. Jock S. Trap 18 Dec 2012, 1:53pm

Oh dear Gaga, Catholic anger blah, blah, blah!!

Get real!

4. Tom Cotner 18 Dec 2012, 2:39pm

It makes as much sense as a woman who is still a virgin giving birth, and remaining a virgin afterwards.

In fact, it makes more sense to me!!!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 18 Dec 2012, 5:19pm

Well, they believe in the Immaculate Conception don’t they, getting pregnant without a real man but by the ‘holy spirit’? The very notion boggles the mind and to think that people actually believe it. Utter insanity if you ask me.

1. The Immaculate Conception refers to Mary, actually, meaning that she was kept free from the original sin when she was conceived…I know, still sounds like nonsense..

5. Perhaps the Virgin Mary had popped out to the local stored to get some nappies when the photo was taken ;-)

1. That There Other David 18 Dec 2012, 3:18pm

She’s in the kitchen making dinner for the men-folk….like a good Catholic wife ;-)

6. Pavlos Prince of Greece 18 Dec 2012, 3:08pm

And the next time on the St. Peters-Square in Rome, please! (or in private apartments of ‘Pontifex Maximus’ only – because danger to have sudden erection in presence of two very attractive men in the public is simple too big)

7. Hurray for surrogacy xx

8. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

9. I don’t really see what the problem with 2 fathers is, given that there were said to be 2 fathers in the first place, God and St Joseph.

10. What about the three wise men? It’s really hotting up now. Party time!

1. That was proved to be BS as well ! :)

11. they are obvious Catholic… so why all the fuss…Its Christmas….

12. I want one

13. Timon Goode 18 Dec 2012, 6:14pm

Father 1 to Father 2: “I don’t remember us having sex recently, do you think he’s a miracle?”

14. Timon Goode 18 Dec 2012, 6:23pm

Ass 1 to Ass 2: Watch it, the wise old men are just behind.

15. Well there not going to be happy with this years john Lewis nativity with no Joseph at all

16. Darren Theoret 18 Dec 2012, 7:40pm

let’s slow down and think through this. Priests who violate young children and then go on to consecrate Mass where the real presence of Christ is supposed to appear–not condemned. Placing 2 St Joseph action figures in the same barn–not even touching each other–brings condemnation. It makes my blood boil.

17. It amazes me this site sometimes, we talk about equality and treating people with respect. Yet at almost every opportunity we simply repeat the riducile and make fun of others.

18. Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

1. I thought recent polls showed that most Christians don’t believe in hell.

Evil spirits ???? What have you been drinking ? :D

Now quite stalking on here. :(

1. Actually, I forgot the other part of that poll, quite a lot of Christians don’t actually believe in Heaven either ! Shocking.

1. thrilling. I’ve read only 40% of the english even believe in god and that 1100 a day (?) are leaving xtianity.

There is hope that the curse of humanity – relgion will be soon be in the garbage dump of humanity

Replace all of it with 3 words Love all people

2. Ray has been watching The Exorcist.

3. What a waste of time. I would not log onto a Christian website and tortuously type out the lyrics of “I Am What I Am”………Ray presumably had to set up an account, too…..

19. You are right in a way but we are being attacked by those who wish to deny us hard earned human rights. There are still suicides and gay-bashing and threats. Religious leaders shamelessly tell their gullible followers we are deranged, evil and a danger to civilisation. We counter this with argument, lobbying, petitioning and peaceful protest. Some frustration is expressed – often through humour – on this site. I think you could find it in your heart to understand.

1. That message is for Ray.

20. Andres Vasquez 18 Dec 2012, 9:44pm

This is my nativity scene in my apartment. The Jesus’s family is the representation of ALL the catholic families in the world. Some of them are white and heteroparentals, others are asian style, others are blacks or latins, my nativity scene represent a reality. There are a lot of catholic families compose by 2 fathers or 2 mothers and in the case of 2 fathers, they need a surrogated mother (as maria was). Is not disrespectful is just an small adjustment to today’s times.
    avasquez@gayhills.com

21. ANDRES VASQUEZ 18 Dec 2012, 9:45pm

avasquez@gayhills.com
    AV

22. Should a paper really be giving out people full names and city as this could make them a target.

23. I agree broadly with most of the comments expressed on this page, but this does smack a little of poking a stick into the lion’s cage for no good reason.
    Why upset the zealots and give them ammunition with which to turn ordinary “god-fearing” folk against the gay population?

1. Zealots are Aealots Neil. they dont need any ammunition.

What we do need to do, at least in the USA is get / support the gay population to understand politics and how horrific the nut cases can be.

24. fo course they are outraged. The Columbia supreme court voted unaimoulsy I think it was a year ago that teh govt must implement marriage equality by mid 2013

One only wonders whether the catholic church will hire the druggies to stop this the same way they use to stop policiticans from ending the drug trade.

The unholy INquisition of murder,and toture is upon us again