Matt Damon: Why I never wanted to deny those gay rumours

1. indigopride 17 Dec 2012, 12:26pm

“Its a big fucking deal that it turns out noone gives a shit” love it!

2. its wonderful to hear these stories as an activist in the 60,s it makes me feel good
    Good on You Matt Damon

3. Same here- what a breath of fresh air- just think of Jason Donovan and Robbie Williams- SO concerned that anyone would think them gay!

4. He and Ben are great .

5. Best reaction ever to these type of rumours.

6. Bill (Scotland) 17 Dec 2012, 2:12pm

So refreshing. And he is a great actor too.

7. Aussie Gay Activist Paul Mitchell 17 Dec 2012, 2:46pm

As with the cage fighter pink news comment post.

We really need to get over labels!

I am an atheist
    I have also been called a hoon by a judge
    I am a bogan
    I am 100% gay
    I am a gay rights and gay marriage activist
    I am a better roads and better highways activist
    I am a advocate for repealing useless laws that are still on the books
    I am autistic
    I am 26 years old – that’s considered young
    I am 100% male
    I am a kitchen-hand (or what the Americans call a busboy)

See so so many labels!

I may as well have post it notes all over me describing and labelling who I am – when I walk around in the main street where I live in a small country mining town named Parkes, NSW Australia!

1. Mister Fister 17 Dec 2012, 5:56pm

You sound like a really interesting person. Add that to your list of labels. Well PN people would you care to contribute any further items to the lovely Paul’s credentials?

BTW – what is a bogan?

1. Gregg O'Grady 18 Dec 2012, 2:33am

Description care of Wikipedia-
        The term bogan is Australian and New Zealand slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from an unsophisticated background or someone whose limited education, speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies a lack of manners and education.[1] While bogan is widely recognised, localised names exist that describe the same or very similar groups of people.[2]

1. Mister Fister 18 Dec 2012, 10:47am

Thank-you for enlightening me.

8. I don’t understand why anyone would get offended of he denied the rumours aslong as he didn’t get offended by the rumours.

9. Jesus moran 17 Dec 2012, 4:41pm

Bravo Matt !!!!

10. Jim Nashville Tn 17 Dec 2012, 8:00pm

shows that Matt Damon is a class act ….
    and …. and Jimmy Kimmel gives him free publicity every nite at the end of his show .. it is people like Matt Damon who give this 65 year old gay man hope that the world is really a better place ..