Anti-gay marriage Tory MP, who supports Section 28, exposed as a love cheat

1. Garry Cassell 16 Dec 2012, 2:15pm

Yes, Bob…seems to be too stupid to keep your mouth shut…when mouth is open things fall out of the closet….Who said, Politicians were brainy”? More like scum….

2. Shades of the Tory party under John Major.

1. Wasn’t Edwina Currie under John Major?

1. They were just following official Tory policy – getting Back to Basics ! :-)

2. I think John major was right behind her

3. Keith Francis Farrell 16 Dec 2012, 2:25pm

Just goes to show, Bob, you never nowwhen the speed of your mouth will exceed the speed of you brain. When you point a finger at someone 3 are pointing back at you.
    You need to go back to school because they failer to teach you anything last time.

4. Robert Brown 16 Dec 2012, 2:30pm

WHAT a surprise . . .

5. Golly! I bet that’ll shut him up!

6. Sometimes hypocrisy make one smile. It’s usually when hypocrisy meets karma. This is one of those times.

7. Oh, this is just delicious news. What a nasty piece of work. I’m going to enjoy every minute of his humiliation. What a hypocrite. Busted!!!!

1. Cal, I agree! And I want to get my congratulations and thanks through to Carol Shaw. What a fine and principled woman! Excellent.

How can get through to her?

8. Jock S. Trap 16 Dec 2012, 2:41pm

No surprise there then!! As sleazy as they come but expect all others to live by some demented code.

Hypocrite!

9. Hahaha. Sanctimonious prat !

10. Scott Rose 16 Dec 2012, 2:44pm

Now interview his wife.

11. Robert (Kettering) 16 Dec 2012, 2:59pm

A hypocrite and a bigot to boot. I wonder just how many of these rabid bigots are hiding little secrets of their own? Time to bash down those closet doors methinks!

I wonder whether this one will make it into the DM? Probably not.

12. Aussie Gay Activist Paul Mitchell 16 Dec 2012, 3:00pm

Yep, caught in his own web of vicious lies and scandal!

When will bigots lean hey?!

13. In the words of the great Santa himself…
    Ho! Ho! Ho! and a Merry Christmas to you Bob Blackman.
    So good to see yet another homophobic hypocrite exposed with his trousers round his adulterous ankles.
    Thank you so much Carol Shaw for exposing this unpleasant little love rat for what he is.

14. Midnighter 16 Dec 2012, 3:05pm

Hahaha hahah hah haha ha hahaaha ha haha Hahaha hahah hah haha ha hahaaha ha haha Hahaha hahah hah haha ha hahaaha ha haha.

Ahem.

So the loudest bigots have the most to hide. Nothing new there.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 16 Dec 2012, 4:03pm

Makes you wonder who that male friend is living with Colin Hart of C4M doesn’t it?

15. A wife, and an 11 year long affair = Real marriage?

16. Please use commas in your headlines. It took me a good twenty seconds to figure out what was going on here before I clicked the link.

1. Yep, that has to be the worst constructed headline I’ve ever read!

17. Robert in S. Kensington 16 Dec 2012, 3:35pm

Hmmm, marriage is between one man and woman except if you’re a Tory opposed to equal marriage which in this case consists of one man and two women.

Now who was it who said that allowing equal marriage could cause a demand for polygamy?

Any comment Lord Carey, Anne Widdecombe, Colin Hart, and all of those Tory backbenchers? We’re waiting! Bloody bigoted hypocrite!

18. How do we thank Carol Shaw? Has anyone noted her whereabouts, address, or anything?

1. cllr.carol.shaw@brent.gov.uk

The above address was provided by the resourceful Cal.

2. If you want to thank her you can find her on the Brent Council website where she is a councillor for Brondesbury ward.

19. HYPOCRITE!!!!!

20. I’m so surprised……not! Nasty, bullying bigots always do it to distract from their own failings.

Well done to Carol Shaw for making Blackman’s hypocrisy public.

21. Well, well, well, what do you know ….another double dealing lying two faced bigoted tory having a bit on the side whilst telling others how to behave with their lives.
    You can always tell when a tory is lying their lips are moving!!

22. Robert in S. Kensington 16 Dec 2012, 4:16pm

Now he can go commiserate with that other Tory bigot adulteress, Nadine Dorries! There are probably a lot more of them on those back benches.

1. Robert (Kettering) 16 Dec 2012, 4:37pm

My thoughts exactly. Ms Dorries is another homophobic, publicity seeking, bigot who has also had illicit affair(s) whilst married. No shame whatsoever.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 16 Dec 2012, 5:27pm

Absolutely no shame! Now I hear that one in five Tories who voted in 2010 are going to support UKIP, beating the Liberal Democrats to third place. Part of the exploitation of equal marriage support by David Cameron. I’ve no doubt Blackman will vote the same way or just abstain, ditto Dorries. Labour now at 39%, Conservatives 29%, UKIP 14% and Liberal Democrats 9%. Amazing that some will vote UKIP knowing that it will guarantee a Labour government returned for probably another ten years. They’re absolutely bonkers and really quite stupid.

1. Robert (Kettering) 16 Dec 2012, 7:11pm

UKIP are absolutely vile and I wouldn’t ever vote for them. That Nigel Farage comes across as a smarmy know it all, quite a loathsome man.

I have little sympathy for the Lib Dems seeing they backtracked on important issues like student fees. To me they are just closet Torys these days.

I think I would rather have Labour in for the next 10 years then perhaps we’ll see the House of Lords properly reformed for starters.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 16 Dec 2012, 8:01pm

I would like to see the Lords reformed just to diminish the power of the church once and for all. I’d rather not have an upper chamber personally but if we’re going to keep it, then at least make it democratic and electable.

UKIP are irrelevant and going nowhere, thankfully. They’re just a bunch of disgruntled Tories most of them, not much in the cranial department it seems.

2. It’s mid term so the UKIP figures aren’t really so surprising.

UKIP will get a few headlines, perhaps even a fair turnout in the odd by-election or Euro election.

But most hardened Tory bigots will return to the fold at the 2015 general election because even they realise that voting UKIP means that Miliband would become PM.

All the more reason to fast track Equal Marriage so that it’s fallen below the Neo-Nasty radar by then.

23. I’m sure this must be untrue? Perhaps it’s a common purpose, “cultural marxist” smear campaign? He must be highly moral man (saint like even) after all he is opposed to equality for LGBT:-)

24. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MORON
    I have nothing else to say about this.

25. What are his views on marriage for adulterers? The bible has a lot to say about adultery. We should be told what his views on this issue are.

26. That’ll wipe that pig ugly smile off his face.

27. Another one bites the dust!

28. Don’t forget Roger Gale…

Here he is pontificating on his website:

“I am opposed to the concept of ‘gay marriage’ and I shall, given the opportunity, vote against it in the House of Commons. I shall do so because I believe that “marriage” describes the union, in Church or out of it, of one man and one woman…”

Actually, it’s was THREE women as Wikipedia reveals !

“Roger Gale has been married three times, firstly to Wendy Dawn Bowman in 1964, whom he divorced in 1967, in 1971 he married Susan Linda Sampson and they had a daughter – they too divorced in 1980. Later the same year he married Susan Gabrielle Marks and they have two sons and a host of pets.”

1. The dirty old bugger. I wonder who he’s poking now.

29. That There Other David 16 Dec 2012, 4:46pm

Ouch. Now I feel DOUBLY sorry for his wife.

30. So what we have here is a holier than thous, sactimonious bigot being exposed as a lying, hypocritical bigot. It’s almost like night following day, isn’t it?

31. People like this always want their moment of fame in the media, but turn the tables and they have nothing to say. I hope the media hounds the issues here to the end like they usually do when given a bone and we can sit back and watch yet another disaster unfold!!!

32. Sleazeball: a person who lies, cheats and steals to get what they want.

I hope his expenses are in order.

33. ““Bob was a terrible lover but I was madly in love with him,” she says. “He wasn’t one of these four-times-a-night lovers. He’d never try anything new. He would just say ‘I haven’t got much time’. He just wanted to get into it.

“It was once and then he would fall asleep. He would snore and I would have to wake him up.”” (Mirror)

1. She must have been desperate.

34. Mumbo Jumbo 16 Dec 2012, 6:05pm

One down but quite a few to go.

Let’s hope this useless creature is just the first of many vile, mouthy hypocrites to be exposed to ridicule over their nasty anti-gay views.

35. Unfortunately I live in Harrow and under his power. He wrote to me in May (after I wrote to him to support the consultation). This is part of his reply….

‘I am very clear that marriage is the union of one man and one woman’.
    REALLY Mr hypocrit?

‘I was proud to sign the Westminster Declariation…aimed at promoting Christian Values in Parliament – I intend to stand by those commitments’

REALLY? You should be stripped off your position as an MP now then your little secret is leaking uncontrollably and your pig brain is too big to handle the reality?

1. Robert in S. Kensington 16 Dec 2012, 7:54pm

Gerald, you should write back to him reminding him of his infamous line in his letter to you and ask him how it feels to be exposed as not only a liar, but a hypocritical bigot. He’s a disgrace to the office he holds and should resign.

1. I think it would be better to write to David Cameron with the letter as an attachment.. Now that he can’t hold the Christian values in Parliament and lie about his believes, he should be stripped off his MP status. I wonder anyone knows David Cameron email?

2. What a lying, hypocritical, smug, self satisfied toad.

3. What a bared faced liar.

36. Email Carol Shaw and congratulate her!

cllr.carol.shaw@brent.gov.uk

Address provided by the resourceful Cal.

37. Carl Rowlands 16 Dec 2012, 9:44pm

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones!

38. a person sexual peccadilloes should not be the subject of public condemnation.
    Monogomy is an unnatural state.
    we should aim to be Libertines and not seek to mimic the worse aspects of the heterosexual traditions

1. A person’s “sexual peccadilloes” are only the subject of public scrutiny and condemnation if he or she is a hypocrite and doesn’t practise what he or she preaches, as in this instance.

39. Normally I don’t have time for people who “Kiss and tell”

But when there is hypocrisy involved!

Kudos to the lady!

And to the hypocrites yet to be revealed remember the old saying…

“I might forgive… I never forget”

beware who you scorn!

40. This from a man who supports the view that ‘I support the legal definition of marriage which is the voluntary union for life of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others. I oppose any attempt to redefine it.’ It seems ‘for life’ means one year!

41. Nadine Dorries, bob blackburn, roger gale ……. The brazen hypocrisy of the anti equality brigade is nauseating. I read that dorries has got further support from her idiotic constituents after appearing in the jungle, what type of inbred fools live in mid beds lol!

42. de Villiers 17 Dec 2012, 8:12am

This MP is hypocritical but there is nothing sleazy in having an affair – it is a private matter and something that is not abnormal for people. To speak of an affair as being wrong or sleazy is prudery.

1. Not in this instance de Villiers. adulterer Bob Blackman has been holding himself up as a paragon and defender of traditional heterosexual marriage in opposition to same sex marriage, that’s where the deception and sleaziness comes in on his part

2. No it is not a private matter when you are a public figure and you are preaching the virtues of traditional marriage (i.e. that marriage is between one man and one woman) and then behind everyone’s backs engaging in an extra-marital affair. That is rank hypocrisy and indeed sleazy and deserves to be exposed. And by the way, since when does something sleazy have to be abnormal to people?

3. His “Till death us do part” wife would beg to differ.

Sanctity of “traditional” marriage my @rse….

43. So many hypocrites on the Tory back benches, I wonder how long it will be now before more tales infidelity start to reach the surface?

44. Hahahahahhahhahhahhahahhahhahhahahhhahahahypocrite.
    I wonder how he feels to have re-defined marriage?

45. Daniel Pitt 17 Dec 2012, 4:33pm

This couldn’t have happened to a more deserving twit – poetic justice is a beauty, ain’t it?

46. Love cheat? Why not use that old term ADULTERER. That’s what his Bible calls him.

47. PinkPolitico 18 Dec 2012, 1:50am

Delighted that this vile homophobic bigot has been exposed for the hypocrite that he is.

And equal marriage will last a lot longer than the political career of this idiot, who hopefully will be held accountable for his bigotry and double standards at the next election.

48. Geoff Foster 5 Feb 2013, 11:41am

The wisdom of him publicly stating his viewpoint is open to question given his past impropriety. However its still possible for him to uphold the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman and oppose homosexual behaviors and marriage whilst having engaged in adultery in the past.