Video: One Million Moms outraged by new advert featuring Ellen Degeneres ‘and three elves’

1. Are One Million Moms upset about Ellen or the gay elves?

1. Are there even 1 million of them? I doubt it.

1. 40,000 at last report.

2. Why do those dried up old sows just keep quiet. They have seen how ineffective their campaign is and yet they still try!

3. I’m really confused why we’re even talking about what this group says. It’s clear to everyone that they are just wing-nuts and JCP and other companies obviously are completely ignoring them.

4. That is incredible — they object simply because one of the people in the ad is a lesbian? That is jaw-dropping bigotry.

5. PantoHorse 7 Dec 2012, 4:28pm

They can sod off too. Why do all these people not just mind their own business and just get on with their lives quietly?

Ffs, is it Homophobe Friday or something?

6. They’re outraged? What? All 3 of them?

1. It’s obvious — 3 is a gay number. I’ll let you figure that out.

1. Why, yes, hank – 3 is a ‘gay number’ as in <3 ie love – something that seems to be missing from many christians' hearts.

1. Hey Iris, always glad to hear from you. My “3″ comment was facetious of course, but you did a nice comeback.
          Regarding the missisng element of love in many Christians has a lot to say and I agree that there are too many degrees
          of Christians with too many creating problems. Over the past year I’ve done much deep, serious study on the problems in Christianity. I’ve come to the conclusion,which has been brought out by numerous fundamental preachers/teachers, and that is too many Christians are ignorant of what Jesus Christ and his Apostles believed and taught. Without going into details, I’m getting so much pleasure and knowledge from studying the entire Bible — and the Old Testament has much to tell us about the coming days, which I look to be not happy for the world. I hope you’re enjoying life and things are going well for you. I’m sorry it took so many years for me to find the truth and become a very happy person.
          I figure I’ve got perhaps 10-15 more years left.

1. Your beliefs are deluded. Any likely Apocalypse will result from excessive use of fossil fuels, and this is predictable quite independently of any weird ancient writings.

2. hank, if your beliefs make you happy then that’s great. But don’t stray into the fundie/apocalypse area. That’s just one big conspiracy theory using the bible as ‘proof’ but it could just have easily have used Nostrodamus or messages from aliens.

And, as always, I wish you well too even though we often disagree. :)

3. PantoHorse 10 Dec 2012, 3:29pm

H – I got an awful lot of pleasure from reading The Famous Five novels, and thought I was learning so much too. Little did I know, at the tender age of 7, The Famous Five lived in a notoriously simplistic world and what Blyton offered was actually a rather bigoted view on social commentary. Luckily for me, I was only 7, meaning I was quite able to leave that fantastical world behind, safe in the knowledge I wasn’t going to come across other adults who would continue to spoon-feed me peculiar, sexist, snobbish nonsense.

Shame we can’r say the same about religion.

7. Nick Davis 7 Dec 2012, 4:35pm

Polonium is the only answer.

8. The obvious anger generated in these dozen wingnuts is rather enjoyable to see.

9. Dave North 7 Dec 2012, 4:57pm

Hysterical.

These “moms” really love making @rses out of themselves.

10. The ad is offensive??? LOL. They don’t make a very lucid case, do they?

11. I get the impression ’30 highly strung mums and a keyboard’ are insensed that Ellen is even breathing.
    Perhaps someone should tell them that both Ellen and Jane Lynch have now voiced CG characters in Disney/Pixar animated features (Finding Nemo/ Wreck it Ralph) and watch their collective heads explode.

1. Not to mention a now deceased trans woman was a voice in Pokemon.
      Of they knew that theyd all have heart failure on the spot lol
      That would be a dream come true.

12. The arrogance is breathtaking. The new McCarthyism.

13. I’m sure that Ellen’s 15 million twitter followers will take heed of One Million Moms’ advice. Oh, hang on…

1. That Matt 8 Dec 2012, 3:20am

In fact, come to think of it, Ellen probably has way over one million actual mums just reading her tweets. These 40k militant sociopaths really have nothing on her.

14. Its just a advert

Focus your energy on things that actually matter, what idiots.

15. mickie_newton 7 Dec 2012, 10:39pm

Was it the three elves that upset them? I mean surely it couldn’t be our lovely Ellen!

Those ladies REALLY need to get out into the real world more!

16. mickie_newton 7 Dec 2012, 10:42pm

Ahhhh I now know why they were so upset….They’re not REAL elves!!! Of course that’s why…How could I have ever considered it would be Ellen and her gayness!!!

17. Bloketoys 8 Dec 2012, 2:10am

They really need to rename themselves “40,000 radical right wing homophobic satanists” to be more accurate than they are. I’ve met a few Christians and although I find many of them intolerant, this specific american breed of “Christian” actually has more in common with a hateful satanist. These people should be ashamed for calling themselves Christian, and their kids should be in care for their own protection.

18. Christian Post: “…OMM does not have any objections to the content of the new JC Penney ad, (it) was simply DeGeneres’ appearance that was at issue.” Apparently the mere presence of a gay woman in an advertisement is somehow offensive. What a odd group of people…

Though apparently they dropped the campaign after three days: http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/12/one-million-moms-drops-campaign-against-jc-penney-ellen-degeneres-after-3-days/. Most amusing.

1. How on earth do they manage to walk down the street then?? Do they cover their eyes or something so they’re not offended by the sight of LGBT people going about their lawful business? Idiots!

1. How do they know? Do they have a reverse of gaydar that zones in on ordinary, normal people who just happen to live behind their closed doors in a different way?

2. I’m curious as to whether Degeneres could sue them for harassmnet.

19. PN needs a Humour tab for these stories. I suppose Entertainment will suffice.

20. Ahh one million trolls, we meet again. I’m sure they’re joke tbh, I don’t think anyone takes them seriously.

21. oh grow up…hate isn’t cool

22. I saw on the news the morning that 19 senior conservatives are cranking it up FOR gay marraige. I’m so thankful I live here in the UK rather than in the US which is riddled in all quarters by right wing bigots who are offended by a gay person in a commercial. Amazing in the land of the free!!

23. I begin to wonder how many of these companies that OMM get into a complete tizz over actually start planning their ad campaigns these days by saying, “Okay guys, let’s start Operation: Troll OMM!” Because ridiculing those nutcases is actually pretty entertaining.

24. I’m with you OMM!! Who wants elves in the family or even have our kids exposed to them? Why, our kids might grow (down) short or with pointy ears or even (gasp) be green! Elves are against god’s law to be tall and white and blonde!

25. Hahaha! Only in America! They really are a nation of hypocrites. They’ll protest day and night about a lesbian on TV but sit down as a family to watch Arnold Swartznegger ( … great family man he turned out to be …) shooting people’s heads off. Why are they unable to see what a laughing stock they are with their sickly-sweet christian ‘Stepford Wives’ organisations and their gay, anti-gay TV evangelists? Things, at last, may be changing. How else do you explain pro-gay rights Obama being re-elected?

26. douglas in canada 10 Dec 2012, 5:35pm

One Dozen Moms does so much to demonstrate their stupidity:

They obviously can’t count – or they would realize that they don’t have 1,000,000 members – not even close.

Their god is so helpless that he relies on these moms to withhold money to show their / his displeasure.

They preach that ‘prayer will be answered.’ You can bet that they have been praying like crazy and nothing has gone their way [oops, excuse me... "god's" way.]

I think the elves are gayer than Ellen, yet these “mom” are unable to see that.

I’d be curious to know if there are men in their organization. If so, how does a “straight” man be a “mom”?

Someone needs to check to see what chemicals are in these people’s drinking water.

Bunch of f*** heads