Video: National Organisation for Marriage warns parents to ensure kids don’t have gay friends

1. I hope this will backfire in the face of anyone idiotic enough to take their advice; people at university get away from their parents influence for the first time… I hope there will be MANY ‘christian’ parents whose children metaphorically spit in their faces when they’re told to not have gay friends.

2. JesterPanda 26 Nov 2012, 3:43pm

It is always incredibly telling when a hate group disables comments on their videos.

I was born and raised in North Carolina of the US.
    What baffles me to absolutely no end is how these conservative imbeciles constantly go on about how ‘patriotic’ they are and yet they don’t seem to believe in the two most American concepts we have: freedom of speech and equality for all.

I’ll never understand how they can harbor such extreme cognitive dissonance.

3. She looks like a child molester to me. In what discipline does she hold her degree? Is it pedophilia?

4. Translates as

“Please don’t let your children associate with those who are LGBT. If they do they learn that these people are just like them and come to realise that groups like ours are nothing but hateful, bigotry riddled, lying wastes of space and won’t help us to reach our goals.”

1. Excellent response. I’ve just gone to click the green tick button and accidentally clicked ‘Report’ with my sausage fingers. Ruddy Ipad. Very sorry!

5. What is really needed is a You Tube video warning LGBT students of dangerous and scary religious fundemental types! Now thats the real danger in todays society!

6. Dan Filson 26 Nov 2012, 3:58pm

This video is aimed at starting a witch hunt against campus gay resident advisers, and have no doubt the militant homophobes will act on it. Ooooh, wooooh, people going to a party in fancy dress! Whatever next? Collapse of civilisation as we know it.

1. I had no idea the gay conspiracy had become so well organised. They seem to have infiltrated every american campus. Does anyone have the address of the conspiracy headquarters so I can donate?

1. backwardsreddit 27 Nov 2012, 12:21am

You can find it in the copy of the gay agenda you received when you chose to be gay.

7. I think her Catholic, female RA should not have viewed the request to sponsor her own event as punishment but rather an opportunity to express her views…. If she did not want to participate in the already scheduled event, then having the chance to host an event was a fair offer… logic does have a room at NoM.

8. tami lamoureux 26 Nov 2012, 4:04pm

ohmygoddess….time to get a life in the real world of today, ma’am….your religion is outdated,based on archaic ideas put forward by men and women whom all feared the real religion of the earth…and, for the record, your churches have been defiled and given reputation by priests and nuns whom could not control their OWN sexual urges, and have been proven time and again to hold pedophiles, and homosexuals alike…what say you practice what is preached, and stop casting stones whilst christianity and catholicism both reside in glass houses? your faith is the most prejudicial, hate-filled religion in existance today…and the church has lost ground because of it…you really ought to be charged with spreading hate propaganda, “sister and lamb of god”…i’ll stick to my sinful paganisms….the true faith that really DOES love all…even you guys…whether you are homosexual or not….

9. tami lamoureux 26 Nov 2012, 4:11pm

seriously? you’ve deleted my comment? wow…no freedom of speech here….but i guess that’s more of your stone throwing…..

10. Stupid Bigot! Times have changed love! younger generations tend to be more open minded and less bigoted than the ones that came before them and the majority of college students and university student probably think you’re a bigoted nutjob.

11. You know what, if there is a god and a Satan. Those people are in big trouble.

What a nasty woman with a twisted mind.

12. Robert in S. Kensington 26 Nov 2012, 4:17pm

They’re no different than their hate-mongering counterparts of C4M and those 118-121 Tory MPs, same agenda, same mentality.

1. It was upto 118 (and they included those that were unsure, those that didn’t understand the purpose of the legislation and those who said that they didn’t think it was the top priority) NOT 118 people who would refuse to vote for it. (it was reported by C4M so it would be skewed, but don’t believe them – thats a typical tactic of the nutters try to big your numbers up thats why the catholic church includes everyone ever baptised when they were a baby before they could choose a faith)

13. Vintagedude 26 Nov 2012, 4:17pm

When students are old enough and intelligent enough to be in college, they don’t need parents telling them who to have as friends.

1. I disagree with your supposition that college students are intelligent enough to discern smart and stupid activity. Are you aware of the epidemic status of binge drinking in colleges? It gets to the point with parties having students drink until they die of alcoholic poisoning. There are also many instances where they get involved with druggie “friends”, etc. So don’t make a blanket statement of the intelligent behavior of those students. Peer pressure can be powerful.

14. barriejohn 26 Nov 2012, 4:17pm

I’m surprised that she’s not advising parents to supply their offspring with a plentiful supply of garlic cloves when they go off into the big, wide world!

15. Vikingwarbrides 26 Nov 2012, 4:40pm

Umm… this is BS. A supervisor and RA’s of a dorm have to be the same sex as the residents. The only exception is a co-ed dorm, But even they few and far between.

1. You know what these people are like. They will wade through pages upon pages of data to find one tiny, insignificant case that supports their view and then blow it completely out of proportion.

16. Truly evil. Proof that people like her see us as sub-humans. Much better that the straight college students should stick to themselves and enjoy totally heterosexual hazing parties involving inserting implements up their arses. Much straighter than a bit of drag.

17. I had few friends at school as it was for my perceived gayness before I even considered myself gay, is she a moron?

This whole college party argument makes no sense – either this girl didn’t want to go to the party because the man organising it was gay, in which it is ridiculous to say you won’t go it – the man who invented modern computers was gay, are you going to stop using those, too? – or she seems to thing being gay and cross-dressing are the same thing which they are not, being gay doesn’t make you a cross-dresser and being a cross-dresser doesn’t make you gay.

1. I rushed that comment before I had to be somewhere, I do apologise for the terrible grammar.

18. Dr. W. Nieuwoudt 26 Nov 2012, 5:03pm

Dear Dr. Mors,

I viewed your broadcast regarding the poor catholic girl vs. the homosexual in terms of a ‘drag fest’.
    1. Homosexuals were beaten, killed (still are today in some parts of Africa).
    2. The individual at hand offered a challenge to her. Nothing wrong with that. Yet you make it out to be one. Were it a Halloween party vs. Horror party, nothing would have been said. Yet at the mere suggestion by an individual (who happens to be a homosexual) to have a party where males dress up like females, it has caused a ripple in your comfort zone.
    3. Homosexuality is part of the gene pool/DNA – do your homework, I would have thought the USA had already covered this bit, but clearly you are behind. No wonder people were shocked that I was not black upon my visit there. It’s because of people like you – ignorance.
    4. When an individual offers a challenge and happens to be a homosexual, and no relation to ‘we are all going to die in hell because there is a homosexual in my dorm who ch

19. This kind of anti-gay Christian/Catholic is anti-social and they are spending millions of dollars to stop gay marriage while letting millions of children starve to death, now that is anti-social, letting children die so they can stop the marriage between two people who love each other.

Note to anti-gay Christian trolls who post here, we know you are posting negative things here about how gays are not religious. You know that is a lie. There are many LGBT Christians, Catholics, Mormons and Evangelicals, so stop trying to make all gay look bad when there is a large religious group of gays who go to gay friendly churches and knows that God loves them.

1. Malcom darling. I agree with your first point about the starving children but you also seem to be saying that Gays who are not religious “look bad”. This makes you sound quite a silly and judgemental. But, of course, you are a person of faith so this is unavoidable.

20. Dr. W. Nieuwoudt 26 Nov 2012, 5:04pm

Part 2
    who challenged me.’ The other party should either step away for they are to weak, obtuse, or from a lower gene pool, and have no clue what God is about.
    5. Even though I am not of the Christian belief; people like you make me drop my head in shame in front of God, for ignorance shall be the gateway of the inferno, and He will cast them away, for he does not suffer such intolerance of the blind, who falsely follow His path.

21. Dr. W. Nieuwoudt 26 Nov 2012, 5:11pm

part 1.
    1. Homosexuals were beaten, killed (still are today in some parts of Africa).

22. What an incredibly spiteful and mean-spirited person this woman is.

23. Everyone flag the video. Something like that seriously shouldn’t be on youtube.

24. If you go to the You Tube page the comments are disabled. I wonder why?

25. Hang on, shouldn’t this be the other way around and not let your children make friends with Roman Catholic Priests?

26. It used to be called the Truth Institute, but they were sued for lying and had to drop the T.

27. David Cameron last week said we’re in a state of economic war! Well, I’m beginning to think we’re in a state of homosexual war! The squares definitely believe they are at war with the queers! So we’d better get our act together and accept the fact that we are at war with the squares! Otherwise, the squares will win, and quares will lose!

28. “Comments are disabled for this video.”
    Why is that not surprising any more?
    The worst part is, she complains that Christian students are being ‘leaning on’ to take part in awareness events within their university, college, or school.
    Then she goes ahead and does all the leaning herself, by putting forward an idea and making it impossible for objections to be raised.

29. Just a hair’s away from being classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

30. Cardinal Capone 26 Nov 2012, 7:22pm

* He spoke at the Nigeria event, according to his website, ” on the subject of free speech at the invitation of Advocates Africa. The 9th Advocates Africa Conference was held 9-14 August in Abuja, Nigeria, hosted by the Christian Lawyers Fellowship of Nigeria (CLASFON)”

31. Queer Revolt 26 Nov 2012, 7:28pm

As a former “Gay RA”, I have to say she is right she found us out. As I was taking care of your first year son while he was vomiting and trying to tear down everything and convincing the coppers not to arrest him I secretly was getting him to take the gay oath, now he is changed forever. Or While I was keeping straight guys off the girl’s floor to stop them from harassing ladies going to and from the showers I was secretly handing out pamphlets on why to become a lezzy.

1. you segregate men and women there at university? At my uni its all mixed accommodation apart from those who specifically request non-mixed/happens by coincidence.

32. Frankly, I doubt that any homosexual male supervisor ever organized a ‘drag party’.

I think NOM has made up the scenario…. Actually a reversal of the reality that gay students are pressured by str8s in uni.

1. the drag parties seem to be a feature of the Athletic Union at my uni.

33. Religious bigotry once again these people call themselves Christians !!! they act far from it. They say their god is angry at LGBT people but if he really was then San Franscisco, Madrid, LA and Stockholm wouldn’t be around still.

Its likely he is more angry at the bigots who treat LGBT people like dirt. Love is Love LGBT people are a product of nature the only thing that is unnatural are the bigots!!

34. What exactly is she a doctor of? I find it hilarious to think that this delusional. broken old hag has a masters! What a poor reflection of the university system!

1. probably English literature like our friend Julia Gasper.

35. She needs serious help and quickly!

36. She is encouraging discrimination and bullying. This is disgusting, can’t wait till this old hag falls off the perch.

37. Very reminiscent of when women weren’t allowed positions of authority.

38. The remark ‘warns parents to ensure kids don’t have gay friends’ was a line tagged in by the lobby group. The video itself states nothing of the kind.

See the last paragraph:
    “Think Progress says: “Morse’s inherent solution seems to be that young people should ostracise (or disobey, in the case of someone in a supervisory position like an resident assistant) anybody who might be openly gay and to only talk to other equally anti-gay people.”

They’re presuming what Morse’s “inherent” solution was. Personally, that’s not the conclusion I’d draw from watching the video. Morse seems to be encouraging parents to talk to their kids to find out what their experiences are. She makes no recommendations of the kind.

A fine example of irresponsible journalism – you’re looking for smoke where there is no fire.

1. Cardinal Capone 27 Nov 2012, 12:06pm

You’re right upto a point, but the video is nonetheless insidious propaganda intended to make people see openly gay people as ” the other side” as she puts it, operating with an agenda, and to close minds in places intended for education.

39. It’s actually an obvious technique. If the inexperienced young are discouraged from getting to know the demonized group as three-dimensional human beings, they are less likely to question otherwise patently ridiculous lies and stereotypes about that group. it is a familiar fascist strategy.

40. This IGNORANY MONSTER is muddling Catholic resident assistant at a college who didn’t want to take part in a ‘drag party’ organised by a “homosexual male” supervisor. Dr Morse warns that the supervisor was “really leaning on her” and tried to “make her feel bad, make her look bad.”
    with her experiences with the POPE

41. HATRED CLOAKED IN A ROBE OF IMAGINED SKY GODS AND NON EXISTANT FICTIONAL EXCUSE FOR IGONRANCE

42. Sounds like the racism of the 1960s. Don’t talk to the black kids. The thing is that kids then rebel against their parents and do the thing their told not to do. What is even more galling is that some people with Dr in front of their names think that it makes them seem ‘knowledgeable’ in any subject, when plainly they are psychotic and delusional.

43. Well this just proves that NOM has absolutely nothing to do with ‘protecting marriage’ and everything to do with the pure hatred of gay people.

44. Cardinal Capone 27 Nov 2012, 4:08pm

The Ruth Institute woman does not understand why so many people dislike her video. On their FB page she says:
    “A friend wrote this about my Thanksgiving video, trying to explain the large number of dislikes for this innocent little video about a young friend who was an RA, being pressured by her gay head RA to participate in an event that made her uncomfortable: ” I don’t like that situation at all. I think it’s horrible. I do, however, like that fact that you’ve spoken out about it and told people. I think people may have been confused as to whether “liking” the video meant liking the situation, and “disliking” it meant they don’t like the situation. I’m just not sure, and the description doesn’t really say what the vote means.” Maybe that is the explanation”

I think not. A bit of self delusion there, perhaps?

45. 1) How does she know the dorm manger was gay? The mere fact he suggested a drag party does not mean this. Our University Rugby team had their first social in drag – definitely not gay.

2) There are committee meetings to organise events and by sounds of things she was the only one who didn’t want to take part. She would be required to take part because of her position and her apparent lack of support

3) It is reasonable to ask her for alternative ideas and as it is her idea to chair the organisation of it.

4) RAs are normally chosen for their ability to do their job not their sexual orientation or any other matter (unless they have a ‘liberation’ role such as BME, LGBT, Womens, Disabled)

46. okay how does she think that’s going to work

we don’t walk around with luminous pink signs above our heads proclaiming our sexuality

sounds like we need to have another discussion with america over the perpetuation of stereotypes, not to mention their homophobia disguised as religious freedom/free speech