US: Anti-gay Christian lawyer charged with selling sexual access to child on the internet

1. Vile.

I hope that she is found guilty of all charges.

Not only will this further show that we, as LGBT folk are not a threat to marriage or children but it will also seriously undermine the Alliance Defending Freedom organisation to which she is associated.

I hope too that investigators will also look at other members of the group. I really suspect that she would not be the only one in the group who may be involved.

1. Sister Mary Clarence 20 Nov 2012, 5:16pm

Vile – exactly the word that came to mind when I read it.

What sort of sick and twisted minds have these people got? Please someone tell me how they can stand up in public and decry gay people when they have this sort of things going on in their own lives.

I mean honestly you couldn’t write this stuff, you really couldn’t. It is just so twisted.

2. “The Alliance Defending Freedom” Oh, the Irony.

3. It just amazes me that this happens over and over, people who so vehemently attack us turn out to have dark secrets of their own.

1. It’s a form of bullying. Bullies usually bully because they want to distract themselves or others from their own faults. They think that if they point the finger of accusation at other people it’ll distract everyone from looking at them themselves.

Having said that, this is a particularly vile example of that.

1. You seriously misunderstand bullying. Essentially it is a subset of abusive behaviour which is always a disregard for vital boundaries which is never manifest purely in one area since it either originates in not understanding boundaries – sometimes because the perpetrator has never them-self been allowed their own boundaries and has never been enabled to learn better – or in gaining pleasure from denying others the boundaries they need.

From 4 1/2 through 17 I was bullied in almost every lesson, during every break, and on most journeys home, and whilst I had workable techniques to usually at least avoid injury, I blamed myself because I knew they, along with the rest of society, were punishing my transsexualism. Years later I had over a decade of abuse from a lesbian partner which left me a wreck, and who told me it was my fault. To get out of that I eventually had to find out how to distinguish abuse; that’s when I learned about boundaries. More need to know the same.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 20 Nov 2012, 3:19pm

It’s almost always the case. Be very suspicious of those espousing religion while condemning gay people, our lives, our relationships and equating equal marriage with bestiality, polygamy and incest. Something that only they seem to be obsessed with apparently.

4. The hypocricy of these kinds of people never ceases to astound me.

1. Itstha Hare 23 Nov 2012, 5:27pm

What hypocrisy? She’s clearly against gay marriage because she doesn’t want to get tied down.

5. You just could not make it up!

6. “Biron is a lawyer with the Alliance Defending Freedom whose main argument against introducing same-sex marriage across the United States is that it will have “irreversible consequences” for the family and children.” ”

Classic bit of projection/ misdirection – the Vatican could learn things from her – oh wait…

7. You couldn’t, you really couldn’t, ask for a finer advocate of Christian Family Values.

Schadenfreude doesn’t really signal much generosity of spirit so I apologise in advance if anyone finds this upsetting, but …

HAH!

1. Schadenfreude is mean and so I limit myself to using it at most twice a year. I used both times up after reading this article!

8. I hope this is widely publicised, especially on media that’s popular with the fundie right wingers.

This is a sickening, horrible case. What a vile woman (presuming she’s found guilty as charged, of course).

9. GingerlyColors 20 Nov 2012, 12:37pm

I am beginning to wonder if some people use homophobia as a front to disguise their kiddie-fiddling activity. 50 years in a Federal SuperMax with Chicago’s and South-Central LA’s finest will sort her out!

1. casparthegood 20 Nov 2012, 1:18pm

it’s not like that’s ever happened before is it?

2. Robert in S. Kensington 20 Nov 2012, 3:17pm

Wouldn’t surprise me. I”m always suspicious of those religious organisations who are the most vocal in their hatred towards gay people. Just look at the hateful rhetoric coming from the Christian Institute, C4M organisers, the Catholic hierarchy in particular, the latter having a centuries old tradition of paedophilia and shielding the evil perpetrators from prosecution. They’re all complicit by their silence and failing to do anything about it. Arrest the tossers and charge them for crimes against humanity.

10. Christopher in Canada 20 Nov 2012, 2:13pm

I wonder about the ignorance of the writer! “The Canadian city of Ontario”???? Ontario is a PROVINCE. It’s a big place. Look it up. Jeesh.

1. Spanner1960 20 Nov 2012, 3:09pm

Probably meant Toronto.
      But then this lot probably think that was the name of the Lone Ranger’s sidekick.

2. Ontario is 4 x the size of the entire UK.

Although this still doesn’t change how big of a sicko this woman is.

11. Spanner1960 20 Nov 2012, 3:07pm

Don’t you just LOVE it when this happens?

Not that I don’t have sympathy for the children, but actions like this damage the Christian Right’s image by huge amounts, so it seems every cloud has a silver lining.

12. Robert in S. Kensington 20 Nov 2012, 3:12pm

Another example that paedophilia doesn’t discriminate when it comes to heterosexuals.

1. Spanner1960 20 Nov 2012, 10:16pm

It makes great ammo when some bigot wheels out the “Most Paedos are gay male perverts” missive. This one is straight, christian and female.

Oh, and a homophobic bigot.

13. Ontario is not a city. It’s a province.

14. Jim Nashville Tn 20 Nov 2012, 3:21pm

while i am glad they got her .
    it always makes me happy to see these homophobic asshole get caught
    but the sadness enters my heart for the poor children who have suffered the abuse .. i hope she goes to jail .. for a long time and they take her law lic away
    she is the worst kind of human

15. How long until convenient amnesia kicks in?

16. ruby hamilton 20 Nov 2012, 3:51pm

I want to “throw up!

17. No doubt some kind of religious revelation and conversion are in Ms Biron’s near future.

I hope that she receives a fair trial in which the truth comes to light and justice is done.

Though sexual exploitation or enslavement of a child is one of the nastiest things one can imagine. If Ms Biron is guilty of these, it’s hard to imagine what sentence could reflect the magnitude of the misery that she has caused.

18. When is the world going to wake-up to the fact that homophobia is driven by inner-hatred of ones OWN sexuality? People who are secure in their sexuality couldn’t care LESS about other people’s bed room habits. It’s the self-haters who project their inner-desires onto others. Religion conditions people to hate – both themselves and others. Disgusting and divisive.

19. Just proves to you that the people saying gays are danger to children are trying to divert attention from themself.

20. The only change to the lives of children that gay marriage will create, is that more children grow up in loving and supportive environments, away from abusive freaks like this one.

1. @Sevrin You are SO RIGHT. Children deserve to have a loving and supportive home life, between two people that love and care about each other, and their children. This creature has a perverted idea of life and what constitutes a loving home. Her crusade is sick and so is she.

21. Pink News is full of ad hominem and sensationalist headlines. Not much better then ‘The Sun’ and that’s saying something.

1. “Pink News is full of ad hominem and sensationalist headlines.”

So? Does that make the story any less disturbing?

22. mickie_newton 21 Nov 2012, 12:29am

A non-Christian is about to make a well known quote!

“Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone!”

Enough said….

23. Just a minor nit-pick: Ontario is not a Canadian city. Ontario is a Canadian PROVINCE, home to such fine CITIES as Toronto, and Ottawa, and many others.

24. A religious hypocrite? No! What a surprise, I’m genuinely stunned…..