Reports: Elton John and David Furnish to have second baby

1. Who cares

Nigel

1. Paul from Brighton 10 Nov 2012, 4:09pm

Lots of people care.

Here’s a short list;

1. Those anti the idea that same sex-couples should be allowed to have children.
      2. Those for the idea that same sex-couples should be allowed to have children.
      3. Those male couples who are thinking of doing the same thing.
      ……
      The list of those who care goes on.

2. Christopher in Canada 11 Nov 2012, 1:52pm

Nigel Olsson, is that you?!?!?

2. That woman is gradually becoming their own personal human production facility :P

3. Aaw Congrats to them.

4. de Villiers 10 Nov 2012, 6:39am

Of more concern to the child is the age of his parents rather than the taunts in the playground.

Elton John has 65 years of age. By the time their new child reaches 16 years of age, he will be 82. By the time their child leaves his teenage years at the age of 20, Elton John will be 86.

No child wants their parents to die. We all know it will happen but hope that we will live well into middle age before it. To bring up a child, who needs security and stability, knowing that one will be unable to provide that emotionally due to age is irresponsible.

1. I quite agree, even Furnish is 50. For myself, I’m very glad the younger of my parents wasn’t 70 when I was 20.

2. I lost both my parents when I was 15, not because of old age, but I know what it’s like to live through those years without Mum and Dad – and I find your comment simplistic. One of the things I learnt is how precious life is. I also learnt how special the love from others can be, family, friends and strangers. And I was also bullied at school for being gay, so know how bad that can be. And there really is no comparison between the two types of suffering – they’re different things. I also have a friend who has both parents alive, and they’re young, but he is homeless because his parents have thrown him out (due to being gay and their lack of love). So the simplistic view you have just doesn’t make sense. I also have a friend whose Dad is 72, he’s 18 and he’s a very happy well balanced fella. Life’s not as perfect as you want it to be. There isn’t any concern in my mind for the kids. Good luck to them. I’m sure they’ll have a brilliant life, because of their ‘old’ gay Dads.

1. de Villiers 10 Nov 2012, 6:42pm

I am very sorry to hear of your position. Genuinely I am. But you are unfair to call my position simplistic given the limited space to comment. I am sure that most would agree that it is better to have one’s parents for longer rather than not. It seems almost unfair to bring about a situation where a child not having their parents beyond a young age is made a high probability.

1. There’s no need to be sorry. I didn’t tell you about my life for sorrow. I’m very happy, thanks. My point is that life is not perfect or fair for anyone. A rich person might say it is unfair to bring a child into a poor home, which of course is ridiculous. A straight person might say it is unfair to bring a child into a home without a mother and father, which is also ridiculous. Someone in the developed world may say it is unfair for someone in the third world to bring children into the world as there is a possibility of starvation. And some may say it is unfair for disabled people to bring a child into the world, just like the na4i’s did. And you think it is unfair for an old person to bring a child into the world. Life isn’t perfect, or fair, it just is, and we all make the best of what we’re given. I’m sure their kids will be given a lot of love and support, from many different people.

1. Paul in Brighton 12 Nov 2012, 11:16am

Mark Y

What a wonderful post.

x

2. de Villiers 12 Nov 2012, 5:20pm

I do not necessarily disagree ex post facto but it merely begs the question.

5. Lucky kids. Lucky parents. All the best. Love is love and child is a child.

6. Who is that person on the left? If it is Elton, what has happened to him? It looks more like the waxwork from that place in Scarborough.

1. That There Other David 10 Nov 2012, 7:31pm

This image has just been over-Photoshopped, to the point where Elton and David only just look like Elton and David IMO. That’s not their fault though. Blame the editor of OK! magazine for getting their Mac guy to do that to the photo.

7. ironic given the criticism of madonna – at least she adopted rather than stroked her own ego once she had ensured continuation of her bloodline

1. Paul from Brighton 10 Nov 2012, 2:40pm

Hang on a minute – Madonna went to a poor country and simply took from a rnage of children on offer. It’s what celebrities have been doing for years. In fact, the original designers of this practice was the Catholic Church who operated adoption agencies in Ireland where many celebrities visited, chose a child and left. There was no matching process for suitability, or anything like you’d have to go through were you to adopt here in the UK and also now in Ireland.

In my view, there is no comparison between Madonna and Elton and David.

At least Elton didn’t go into some poor country waving money all over the place, choose the child she wanted – promise a donkey and well and a new school and left.

This is not the way children should be adopted.

8. I hate those idiots so much. Those famewhores have no dignity.

1. That’s nice.

1. Tantraums an d Tiaras show Reg to be a throughly unpleasant person. Being a homosexual seems to stop critical thinking

1. There is no causal relationship between a taste for cock and the capacity for critical thinking.

1. What have they done for gay men except reinforce the stereotypes?

2. Nothing. But that has nothing to do with their sexuality, it only has to do with them as individuals.

2. That There Other David 10 Nov 2012, 7:34pm

LOL. Yeah, let’s all play the Ridiculous Extrapolation Game :-)

I’ll start – Hitler was straight, so all straight people must be NAZ1S!!!

(Still think your theory stands up to *ahem* critical thinking?)

1. This site is a cross between the sun and the mail and the commentators fit the profile

3. That There Other David 10 Nov 2012, 11:26pm

Oh just accept you look a fool and run along.

2. Mild irritation or amused contempt would be better, don’t you think? Save your hate for those who deserve it more.

9. Well I think it’s quite a sacrifice for her, can you feel the live tonight?, I’m sure the child willy be a Tiny Dancer and grow up to be a Rocket Man. To be honest I’m sure they will be Blessed as the work to the Circle of Life. But if they call him Daniel it could be embarrassing.

1. Seriously?

2. Daniel is Elton’s brothers name so I can see no reason why not choosing it for his (possible ) son.And a lovely name for that matter, just as Paul is.

3. Christopher in Canada 11 Nov 2012, 1:51pm

He shall be Levon. He will call his child “Jesus” ’cause he likes the name.

10. Jock S. Trap 10 Nov 2012, 5:18pm

Congrats & Good luck to ‘em!!

11. Better that he has a brother or a sister.

12. My partner and I have lavished a great deal of love, education, and food upon . . . two adorable cats!

Two babies would have been extremely lucky to have us as parents, but we know we couldn’t give them the attention they require. Although we also know a lot of people have children and barely give them any attention at all. Also, we don’t have the energy that parents need. Parents need to be young.

1. Lucky cats

13. brown.fingered.fiddler,/ 10 Nov 2012, 6:30pm

Has Elton been opening his anu.s again and gotten preggers?

1. No. But you have opened your mouth and the usual sh*t has come out.

2. mickie_newton 11 Nov 2012, 7:56pm

You vile person. I’m not one of his greatest fans. But what you said is low!

1. Ignore him – he’s a troll.

14. ipi know for a fact that ip addresses can be blocked PN are rubbish for allowing that piece of trash to post here

1. He changes IPs because he’s that desperate for attention. Pathetic, isn’t it? Pink News have to re-block him when he does that, but emailing them helps alert them a.s.a.p if he uses a new IP.

15. Congrats (more sleepless nights!)

16. Could you repeat this in Standard English?

1. Jock S. Trap 11 Nov 2012, 12:48pm

I doubt it!!

17. Congrates to both of them :-)

18. mickie_newton 11 Nov 2012, 7:52pm

Sweet if it’s true…but all I’ll say is it’s The Sun! lol So we shall see want we! lol

19. mickie_newton 11 Nov 2012, 7:58pm

I’d give you an eloquent remark if I could understand you!

20. Why don’t you write a proper article about this and submit it to Pink News as a freelance writer instead of harping on aboutit in the wrong place.