US 2012: Washington state passes same-sex marriage

1. This is excellent news for all in Washington State, well done to all concerned for campaigning so hard to get the victory so rightly deserved!

2. Robert in S. Kensington 7 Nov 2012, 3:40pm

Now this sends a clear message to C4M and the Christian Institute, Cardinal O’Brien and his hierarchy, Lord Carey, Rowan Williams, Biship Sentamu and all the hatemongers in the two major cults; Anne Widdecombe, Nadine Dorries, Anna Minichiello and all the rabble of fearmongers at the Daily Mail and Telegraph. The tide has turned against them. Take courage, President Hollande of France and PM David Cameron. Great news!

3. Bobbleobble 7 Nov 2012, 4:02pm

Not to put a damper on things but this is a tad previous. They’ve only counted about half of the votes in Washington and whilst I am hopeful that the lead will hold there’s no certainty it will.

4. Paul from Tacoma, Washington 7 Nov 2012, 4:15pm

Equality feels so good, I am crying right now! I am a single gay man and I want a hot sexy rich nice husband too!

It is my god given right as an American!

I voted for Obama and to fully APPROVE on Ref 74!

Take that you bigoted Christian Taliban scumbags, you did not win (sucked in)!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 7 Nov 2012, 4:41pm

I second that, Paul. NOM will be having a nervous breakdown after three more victories for equal marriage. To think of those millions of dollars they’ve spent and all for nothing. I see this as the demise of NOM, major donors (including the catholic and mormon cults) will think twice now before parting foolishly with their money.

2. I’m with you there, though I’m from the UK, female and after a hot lady! But I am so pleased for our American LGBT family! Well done guys!!

Could to send some of that fabulous luck over here please!?

5. Gay Activist Paul Mitchell 7 Nov 2012, 4:20pm

The vote is 51.79% to APPROVE Ref 74 so far.

Referendum Measure No. 74 Concerns marriage for same-sex couples

Last updated on 11/06/2012 11:26 PM

Approved
    985,308 51.79%

Rejected
    917,197 48.21%

Total Votes 1,902,505 100%

That that you stupid bigots!

Source:

6. Robert in S. Kensington 7 Nov 2012, 4:39pm

Wait until Anne Widdecombe gets wind of this one. She demands a referendum in the UK. She may not like what she wishes for if this is anything to go by, not that I want a referendum on the issue. The victory in Maine, Washington and Maryland is going to make it much easier for other states to get on board. Rhode Island and Delaware may be next. This bodes well for the Prop. 8 case in California. Well done, Washington State. The hatemongers will be sleepless in Seattle tonight, ha ha, excuse the pun.

7. darkmoonman 7 Nov 2012, 5:22pm

And we won despite the tonne of money with which that NOM (National Organization for Marriage Inequality), the Catholic Church, their ilk flooded from out of state into anti-Gay ads that were bold-faced lies.

8. This is all incredible news!! Romney has most definitely been proven wrong here. He thought he knew American…nope, no you don’t! Now I just wish Cameron would get his finger from up his jacksy and do the same here! Sod 2015!!

9. johnny33308 7 Nov 2012, 6:22pm

The forces of Freedom and Light are destroying the Darkess and pushing back into hell from whence it came!

1. Uuuhhh, poetic, I liked. :-D But I would rather call it the forces of Freedom, Light and Love. Love conquers and purifies everything, and no Darkness shall show its ugly face where love stands. It’s the most powerful force in the universe.

10. darkmoonman 7 Nov 2012, 9:18pm

Plus we won despite the tonne of money that NOM and its ilk pumped into ads there were bold-faced lies.