US preacher blames same-sex marriage for Hurricane Sandy

1. Garry Cassell 31 Oct 2012, 3:29pm

again why didn’t you print my last comment….where is free speech…kind of bought off by the religious crowd…

2. Garry Cassell 31 Oct 2012, 3:30pm

Hey there F****head why not get another hobby…may not pay as much…from your raking in from the old and poor..

3. When is the press going to wise up and ignore these shallow minded people? Stop giving bullies a bully pulpit.

1. de Villiers 31 Oct 2012, 9:46pm

Well, it was raining here in France today. Perhaps it is linked.

Goodness knows what the dinosaurs must have been doing to have deserved their fate.

1. some must have been gay

2. Good one !

2. Awareness.
      People will need to know who and what they’re dealing with if they are ever going to overcome it. It helps to know what potential oppressors are going to say and do, so that appropriate arguments can be made to counter them.

4. KittyFantastico 31 Oct 2012, 3:34pm

this guy is using up valuable oxygen…

1. Taking up rather too much space too, judging by the photograph.

1. Perhaps he should have one of those “day of fasting” things that always worked so well for the USA in the past.

5. Wholly Guard of Is-Real (as I’m sure he’d intone it) indeed!

You really can’t help but wonder how it is possible to be quite so stupid as this absurd individual.

6. Robert (Kettering) 31 Oct 2012, 3:47pm

This guy looks like the type who frequents trolling areas but of course he’s not Gay himself is he?! Back in your closet preacher man!

1. I prefer to think of someone as profoundly unattractive (in every possible sense) as definitely, absolutely and unequivocally non-gay, thanks all the same!

1. Ive seen loads like him in cruising areas- usually they have their trouser round their ankles and are bending over.

1. casparthegood 31 Oct 2012, 7:42pm

in the pitch dark I hope :-)

2. TMI. You’re putting me off dinner.

7. Yawn….can someone pass him the chlorpromazine….

1. Chloroform might be even more useful.

8. Ha Ha Ha Ha HAAAHHAAAA oops – I fell of my chair laughing – ha hahahahaha oohh dear – how ludicous is this superstitious fool – I was actually wondering if anyone from the backward bible belt would crawl out from under their cock – err rock and blame the gays – surely this is just another example of why religion is so out dated and irrelevant – Hatred and bigotry peddled as ‘Faith’

9. It’s a special sort of scapegoating that blames people for things they can’t even theoretically have caused.

10. ‘Oh Dear God’ ***Buries head in hands and laughs out loud***

11. Ben Foster 31 Oct 2012, 4:04pm

I had an eggtimer running since yesterday to see how long it would be until one of these prats came up with the divine retribution line.

12. He can’t be the first cuckoo of Spring – maybe the first mad ghoul of Hallowe’en?

13. Yes gays are so powerful they can do anything. They have the power to make anti-gay Christians say and do crazy things. Oh wait, God just told me that the reason that anti-gay Christians say and do crazy things is because they are crazy. God also says he has nothing to do with the anti-gay Christians who hate and say and do crazy things, that is that crazy Satan who works with them to do that.

14. Love comments like these.Just confirms how barmy these religious mutters are

1. sorry… nutters

15. Lol, it was only a matter of time. This is the 2012 isn’t it? Or is it 1220?

16. clearly its the butterfly effect in action- a gay man somewhere did the full dance to “born this way” in a nightclub, and the resulting chain of effects led to a hurricane on the other side of the atlantic. ..

1. Don’t put all Christians in the same box. I am
      an Evangelical Christian in Scotland and I think he is a nutter as well,.

1. I’m glad you think he’s a nutter, Alan, but I still think you are a bit of a nutter.

17. Have you ever in your life seen such a closet case! This guy is just upset because he can’t find any guys to frack him.

1. Sweet Jesus, do you really think every man in the world is either gay or closeted? Has it never occurred to you he may just be stupid?

18. Has he not suggested that a goat or an ox be sacrificed? That should clear things up.

19. So people have died from a disaster and this man filled with HATE decides instead of trying to help people in grief decides to pile it on is this the GOD he talks about his faith religion is too use a tragedy to voice his hatred
    one very sick individual and one dangerous mind that has nothing to do with religion

20. Wonderful! Immortal! You couldn’t make it up. Don’t you just love Christians? Speaking of which, this guy reminds me of our old Jean, who, many moons ago some of you will remember,, used to post regular bollox like this on these pages, too. Wonder whatever happened to ‘her’..

21. I’m shocked. I had every confidence the Christian Right were reasonable people.

If this continues, I might even have to start using the word “bigot”. And I don’t want to do that. I have no wish to “bully” John McTernan.

22. Whenever hurricanes hit the Southern United States, it’s Gard’s punishment for bad hair, seventies polyester addiction, poor grooming and rampant inbreeding. The poor fundies are committing grievous offences against the laws of aesthetics and Gard is not mocked!!!

23. Jesus moran 31 Oct 2012, 7:23pm

All this to find out years later that he has molested children , cheated on his wife and pay for sex with prostitutes , double faced hypocrite ugly troll!!!

24. Christopher in Canada 31 Oct 2012, 8:20pm

Again, aside from a single accidental death due to a Staples/Business Despot sign falling apart and a few downed trees, Canada, land of Equal Marriage, was spared any other hardships.

25. douglas in canada 31 Oct 2012, 8:32pm

Well, if this is god’s punishment, he doesn’t have very good aim. Harming the innocent. You’d think that after all these years of practising wiping people out, he’d at least knock off a couple gays or lesbians, or take aim at the offending politicians. But they seem to have been spared.

We had a flood in my community a few years back – similar nutcases blamed the gays – funny thing was, only straight people had severe damage to their homes. NONE of my gay friends had ANY damage done to their properties.

i guess the god of this area thinks that gays are OK

26. That There Other David 31 Oct 2012, 9:04pm

WOW. Super-gay superpowers can raise hurricanes too now? Cool!!! I was happy when we could only do earthquakes :-)

27. Just…
    *facepalm*

28. I wondered how much time it would take to one of those Boso to make that link between gay marriage and Hurricane Sandy. Not long it seems.

29. OK so it was Obama who caused the hurricane – that is just stupid. I prefer the Gangnam Style raindance theory myself.

30. Idiots are being given too much airtime.

1. On the contrary – the more the better. Every whack-job mouthing off about natural disasters being caused by gays tying the knot advances the cause a little more.

1. I agree. I think nobs like this .. and the Phelps’s's’s ….. are secret agents of the gay mafia. They do more good for our cause than any gay person EVER could!

31. Presumably, god is also responsible for his hair-loss? So why doesn’t he just accept it as god’s will and not defy it by affixing a dead hamster to his head?

32. Church, all done in the name of God!! Does that include priests praying on little boys?
    Religion is made by pedophiles to get children into their grasp !

33. billywingartenson 28 Nov 2012, 6:21am

this is standard fare – everything from the terrible earthquake in Haiti to the earth quake in NZ is blamed on gay people.

Tehse xtian xtremists are down to the bottom of the barrel of poo, where it has had the most time to reek and rot.

Anyway we can get them to do a jim jones guyana kool aid mass solution to their own existance.

the remains could hopefully be cleaned of the poison and fed to the hungry dogs who are generally loving creatures.

BTW all this game is about is to get their terrified followers to give these preachers more money.

proving once again that religion is a means for separating fools from their money.