BNP leader Nick Griffin urges supporters to protest outside gay couple’s home

1. Him? I thought he’d died in a pit of his own obscurity months ago…
    >:C

1. Jesus Mohammed 19 Oct 2012, 1:09pm

And that pit of obscurity is, as Mr. Griffin long ago revealed himself:

Mr Nick Griffin
      “Y Gribin”,
      Llanerfyl
      Welshpool
      Powys SY21 0JQ
      Tel. 01938 820560

2. His supporters? Both of them?

Seriously, though, what a sick, depraved individual. I’ve often said that while I’m not patriotic, the fact that he is a laughing stock compared to his equivalents in *other areas* is one of the few things about the UK that give me pride.

3. Yep, you know you have the moral highground when Nick Griffin throws himself behind your cause.
    I’m sure Mike and Suzanne Wilkinson will really relish his support in the coming months as they take their case to appeal.

4. I hope they can be arrested on a public nuisance offence or breach of the peace.

5. While Griffin’s behavior is clearly deeply malevolent, obviously trying to get a right-wing goon squad to go and “protest” outside this same-sex couple’s home, I fear that were he to be arrested and charged for inciting violence (albeit indirectly), it could act as a rallying call for the Right and Far Right to go on an increased offensive against LGBT individuals. Better perhaps to completely ignore him, and refuse him any and all publicity ?

1. At the misfortune of the aforementioned couple? I think not.

I’d rather see this man be properly investigated and arrested for this blatant hate mongering and victimisation than worry about winning ‘political points’ against the far right. We could sit around all day “ignoring” things incase people use it as a rallying call (i.e. being refused service in a B&B), but that wouldn’t get much done would it?

Let them rally… and then let them watch themselves fail.

2. Hopefully, the European Parliament will suspend him.

3. ...Paddyswurds 19 Oct 2012, 11:21am

@E…
      ……Really,? Do you think we should have sat back an ignored the Naz!s in 1940 too. I don’t phuckin think so. You really ought to have a good long talk with yourself!

6. What he has done has to be a criminal offence. If I had the leader of a group with its roots deep in hostility and aggression telling me a mob would come round to my house I would have cause for deep and genuine alarm.

A lot of twitter commentators have been pointing out that the BNP is on the ropes, in serious financial strife and haemorrhaging support. This could well be a cynical power play for attention and focus – if not an attempt to save his own job as leader.

What he should have is a criminal record for this kind of incitement.

1. Cardinal Capone 18 Oct 2012, 9:44pm

I thought it was reported when they got 2 (?) MEPs that they would be getting a million pounds a year in salary and expenses, though I find that hard to believe.

2. It is indeed a criminal offense under sections 1 and 2 of Protection From Harassment Act (1997), and can result in up to six months imprisonment or a fine of up to £5000. I work for an ISP and am invovled in similar cases from time to time at work, and in my experience it’s rare for these cases to result in a criminal prosecution.

What more usually happens is that a High Court injunction is sought to remove all contact information and statements inciting harassement to be removed from the website in question: twitter, here. The courts handling this efficiently, and it is often wrapped up in a matter of days. In my experience a fine is rarely given, but costs are almost always awarded, and are rarely less than about £4000.

But this case is unusual because Griffin is much more famous, and can afford more expensive solicitors than the defendents in the cases I have to deal with. Perhaps that will increase the likelihood of criminal prosecution.

1. Craig Denney 19 Oct 2012, 11:17am

During last years summer riots a guy was arrested and sentenced to three years for using Facebook to try to incite violence.

So whats the difference with Griffin’s out-bust and why is he allowed to walk, so far then?

7. Cardinal Capone 18 Oct 2012, 9:36pm

Why does this remind me of events in Belgrade, Moscow etc.

8. lol, his account has now been suspended

1. Lucky he has another two then.

1. Are those his or just people pretending to be him? either way I don’t think it matters much, he’s probably going to want to watch what he says a little more in future

1. Oh they are him, I follow him and fully support him and his views, he is entailed to them, to speak out against the militant homosexual agenda.

1. lmfao, oh you’re one of those weird gay conspiracy theory people. next you’ll be warning people about the Jewish agenda or how atheists want to take everyone to hell with them.

2. He is entitled to his opinion.

However he is not entitled to incite mob violence outside a private home.

Griffin’s trial will be interesting.

All the stuff about him ‘supporting’ christianity is going to be very damaging to the christian appeal for homophobic bigotry.

3. Anyway, tell us what our agenda is again because ill be damned if i know. wanting the same rights as everyone else isnt an agenda, all nick griffin has done is caused harm to both sides of the case on one hand he has put the safety of 2 innocent people in jeopardy because of his own prejudices and on the other he has brought the christian couple even more bad press who would have either appealed the case or dropped the issue, instead they now look worse and are now (if only a little bit) more likely to have an appeal rejected.

2. It is apparenlty active again this morning but all references to the tweet in question have been deleted.

9. It is not illegal to post an address online.

Homosexuals can clearly not take a taste of what they give out. They should leave normal heterosexual people to get on with their normal lives.

1. However inciting a demonstration by fascists outside a private home is illegal.

He is free to condemn the verdict sure.

But what he did could be construed as incitement to violence.

Well we’ll see at his trial I suppose.

2. Cardinal Capone 18 Oct 2012, 9:46pm

Matthew is sooo heterosexual.

1. Indeed I am, and I am proud to be be so, being homosexual is not something to be proud of, and this current case, will only further turn people against homosexuals.

1. Actually I think the fact that Nick Griffin – a fascist leader – has gotten involved will actually increase support for the gay couple.

This is the leader of the BNP – an extremist party.

Whenever they start spouting about their ‘religious freedom’ they can be asked if they welcome Nick Griffin’s support.

Silly old Nick Griffin – a man so toxic – that his support has vetoed any appeal to this verdict.

2. “Indeed I am”

You keep telling yourself that, Matthew, but real straight men have ZERO interest in gay people – unlike yourself. They’re secure about their sexuality.

1. Quite – so very heterosexual to be trolling gay sites, isn’t it?

3. How’s the NARTH therapy going, Matthew?

1. From what I have heard, people are doing well on it, because the want to, unlike many homosexuals who protest you cannot change, but haven’t even had the bottle to try the therapy.

1. Well, you told us YOU were working hard to turn straight, Matthew, and in the very same comment thread couldn’t restrain yourself from making numerous comments about men’s buttocks. You’re also FAR more obsessed with gay people than is normal. Why don’t you get some counselling and learn to love yourself? Then you’d stop hitting out at other people.

You always come back with some strange attack because you don’t believe I mean it, but I do so I’ll say it again – I genuinely feel sorry for you, Matthew.

1. Oh I’m doing well too at repelling the bad omen of homosexuality that I strayed into in my early teens, a bad choice that was, though nothing psychical happened thankfully. I am getting therapy to become a normal human being.

2. No, you’re denying who you are and setting yourself up for a miserable life, Matthew. Seriously. You’re clearly not happy now even though you’ve repressed your homosexuality, and that unhappiness will grow in you like a poison. Stay a Christian if you wish, but find a more welcoming church and spend some time working out who you REALLY are.

I always feel sorry for you, not just because of the NARTH rubbish, but because your comments here are so transparent – you’re repressing your true self and hitting out at other LGBT people out of frustration and unhappiness. Your comments don’t hurt anyone here. The only person you’re hurting is yourself. I find it very sad.

3. And pray tell Matthew. How are you ‘expelling the bad omen of homosexuality’ Matthew.

Are you in fact the albino monk from The DaVinci Code?

4. Sister Mary Clarence 19 Oct 2012, 2:55am

“I am getting therapy to become a normal human being”

I’d go back and ask for your money back luvvie quite frankly, because you on here, posting messages again and again about this issue isn’t ‘normal human being’ behaviour.

If you are straight, you should probably be sitting at home watching the football with a can of beer in one hand, banging one off over the latest edition of Nuts.

Instead you’re engaging in internet chat with gay men and lesbians. Its not right, its just not right.

Get your money back, I think that’s the best thing.

2. Do you pray together and then rub each other down with baby oil Matthew (purely for sports massage purposes I mean.)

4. We have left normal heterosexual people alone. This whole issue was caused when heterosexual people couldn’t leave US alone.

1. How didn’t they leave you alone? If the homosexuals hadn’t gone with a mission in mind on purpose to knowingly do this then none of this would have happened. I hope they owners sue Stonewall, for inciting people to harass Religious people.

1. The B&B couple run a business. They denied goods (their publicly advertised hotel rooms) to paying guests solely because they are gay.

That’s illegal.

If you want to run a business you need to obey the law.

1. The law is an ass, once the gay marriage agenda has been kicked away and UKIP get into power, we will be out of the EU and the laws will be changed back to how they used to be and the current ones modified.

2. Have you taken hallucinogenics this evening Matthew.

You seem to be thinking on some fantasy level – perhaps you should call one of your fellow ex-gays over for a ‘sports massage’?

3. From your post Matthew it would appear that you think UKIP plan to dismantle the British legal system?

2. All this self-hate, Matthew. Give up the NARTH therapy, accept yourself and you’ll realise how you’ve been beating yourself up about nothing.

1. Therapy is going well, I was not not born homosexual, I strayed into in my teens, luckily you can change your sexuality with effort and commitment. The Lord has forgiven me and is helping me on my way to the life of respected normality.

1. No, Matthew, you were born gay. Only self-hate and guilt fomented by religion have damaged you. There is nothing wrong with being gay. Read around on the internet. Don’t be afraid to look outside what your strict church says. You can be gay, be a Christian (if you still wish to), be a good person – and be happy.

2. Look, i’ve tried the whole ‘I dont wanna be gay’ stuff, it doesnt work. Sooner or later you realise it isnt a choice. And did you know that people from gay therapy are put at a higher self harm and suicde rate? As much as i hate your comments on here, i wouldnt wish that on anyone. You can be gay and a christian. One of my friends is a gay priest for gods sakes. The more you push yourself into your own personal closet, the more you’re going to repress who you are. I’ve been down that road, it doesnt work, it just hurts, it’s just pain. Whatever i say you’re not going to listen anyway, so i’m wasting my time here. I just thought someone who knows what its like to repress it might reach you better. I hope you realise it soon though xx

5. Spanner1960 18 Oct 2012, 11:50pm

I goes both ways.
      Leave normal homosexual people to get on with their normal homosexual leaves instead of constantly putting barriers in our way.
      Treat us like everybody else and you will never hear from us again.

10. He didn’t ‘reportedly’ post their home address.

He DID post their home address.

What he posted is little different to the tweets posted by people at the riots in London last year, encouraging people to congregate in areas where looting could occur.

Many were jailed.

Nick Griffin welcomed those verdicts.

I wonder if he will accept that he must face the same punishment. Surely he agrees that he must be investigated in the same manner.

1. Most people’s addresses are only a couple of clicks of a mouse away, as it’s very easy to search the electoral register online… So posting an address online is not illegal, unfortunately, as councils sell this information to search engines and marketing companies.

It would be good if the electoral register was not published in such a way… By doing so, any character can stalk / look up whoever they like.

1. Encouraging a group of fascists to congregate outside a private home for a demonstration IS illegal though.

11. Bullies are always cowards? Says the man posting addresses to Twitter in the hope some insane people will go and “demo” outside their house. And for what? Winning a court case? Why not “demo” the judge? Or, here’s a thought, as the legal decision was based on a law put through Parliament, how about following DEMOCRACY, and waste your time trying to repeal equality laws with the Christian Institute?

Some people really are only alive because it’s illegal to kill them.

1. Cardinal Capone 18 Oct 2012, 9:52pm

People still kill us for being gay. Right here in England. No one here kills people for being heterosexual or Christian.

12. Looking at this man’s picture, I suggest he might wish to utilize some restraint before he calls anyone else “creepy” looking.

13. This man is a let down to himself and the wider British public. sadly there are biggots out there that follow what he says. I Hope that no one here leaves comments that fall to his level. Michael Black and John Morgan have done the right thing in the way to deal with the way they have been treated.

14. I hope the couple are safe and come to no harm.

And in a sense this is good news.

Having Nick Griffin on their side is surely extraordinarily damaging to the christians’ case.

Nick Griffin’s support is like the kiss of death for any cause, trying to appeal to the mainstream view.

15. This man is just scum. Thankfully, we don’t live in Greece where scum just like him are in the parliament and gaining in strength on the street.

16. Cardinal Capone 18 Oct 2012, 10:02pm

It looks like the purpose of the tweet is to instill fear into gay people when they are considering whether to take legal action against discrimination they may have suffered. In my book that is a hate crime.

1. Mikethesnail 18 Oct 2012, 10:16pm

The parallels between 2012 Britain and late 1920s Berlin are truly scary.

1. Not as scary as the parallels with 2012 Greece!

2. ...Paddyswurds 19 Oct 2012, 12:08pm

Looking at Sky news it struck me how like a certain 1930/40s German dictator (minus the toothbrush tashe) this creep is . Is it coincidence or cultivated i wonder….?

17. Where is spanner he usually likes the BNP? All you right wing queens remember he is the unfiltered right

1. Maybe he’s on his way to the demonstration?

2. Spanner1960 18 Oct 2012, 11:52pm

When did I ever say I supported this bunch.
      The man is an obnoxious prat.

18. “meek & forgiving Christians? Bullies are always cowards!”

Oh, I’m sorry – did he really say that? Now, I usually don’t demean the male genitalia, but this man sounds like a right dick! Isn’t the National Party the party of old-school skin heads?

1. Cardinal Capone 18 Oct 2012, 10:27pm

Nothing meek and forgiving about the C.I. At all. That is parrtly why I don’t consider them really Christian at all, and I suspect many others agree.

19. Surely he should be prosecuted for incitement?

20. Mumbo Jumbo 18 Oct 2012, 10:29pm

The desperate things closet cases do to make themselves look heterosexual eh Nick?

1. ‘Martin Webster Nick Griffin Gay’

Google it.

The closet is very damaging.

1. Yuck-o, what a horrible thought. I’d prefer to think of the repellent Mr Griffin as resolutely and unalterably heterosexual, thanks all the same.

1. Yea this sounds like the Hitler was gay routine to try and subvert equality and spread more hate of gay people.

1. Except Martin Webster makes specific allegations about dates, times and places where he and Nick Griffin were intimate.

Like I said – the closet is a damaging place.

2. @dAVID yes “allegations” only.

3. Well Martin Webster maintains his claims.

21. Get Griffin (@nickgriffinmep) off @Twitter #BanGriffinThanks!http://www.change.org/petitions/get-griffin-nickgriffinmep-off-twitter-bangriffin

22. That There Other David 18 Oct 2012, 10:55pm

Nick Griffin is a bellend of the highest order. That’s all there is to say really.

1. That is an insult to bellends, at least they have a purpose in life, Nick Griffin does not!

23. Helen Wilson 18 Oct 2012, 11:16pm

I hope he is convicted and while he is inside loses his European parliament seat as a result of his conviction.

24. It is just another guise to attack Muslims.

25. This is appaling! I hope to read soon that the police have done something about this, if not, then why not?

“English couple’s home is their castle” ….except that this was a business conducted from home!

1. Craig Denney 19 Oct 2012, 10:41am

Yes it will be intresting to see what the Police do, if anything.

26. Roberto (Kettering) 19 Oct 2012, 1:03am

Goodness, he has the cheek to call us “creepy”? Has he looked in the mirror himself lately?!

27. Spanner1960 19 Oct 2012, 1:35am

“Although it is not illegal to post an address online, the threat to picket the private home could fall foul of section 127(1) of the Communications Act 2003 as well as breaching Twitter’s terms of service. Users of the social networking site hit back last night by posting the address of the BNP MEP.”

28. There was an old gay christian uncle tom on BBC London defending the BB bigots with the usual tripe. I’m getting so sick of treacherous, vile , pathetic , self loathing gay men defending the Abusers of our human/civil rights.

1. Hmmm… BNP, right-wing Xians: I’m finding it harder and harder to tell the difference.

29. Even Lord Carey accepts opening your house to B&B is a business and is not the same as opening your own house to an unpaying friend. As he said when he ran a B&& business you have to put your prejudices aside when running a business. Perhaps Nick Griffin doesn’t understand what a business means in the UK. He certainly doesn’t understand what is legal in the UK and to promote incitement to hatred and violence like this is simply not on.

Lord Carey ….”…we did open our house to bed and breakfast guests. And if you open your home to the public, you have to respect homosexual couples and make no exceptions.”

1. It would take rather a long time to enumerate all the things that Mr. Griffin doesn’t understand…

30. This must be some kind of crime, doesn’t it ?

31. Well if anything happens to this couple or their home now, Griffin will find himself behind bars for sure. That custodial sentence will come with him losing his MEP seat by default.

32. Where is the counter protest by the radical queers? Oh thats right the majority of gay people are neutered right wing wannabes who want to be respectable

1. Spanner1960 19 Oct 2012, 9:44am

Well exactly. We don’t all want to be seen as lefty grow-your-own-yoghurt ex-Greenham Common hippies that moan about everything yet haven’t done a decent days work in their lives.

2. Lead by example, James!

33. Wow! Islamophobia and homophobia, how unexpected…… Not.

1. GingerlyColors 19 Oct 2012, 8:40am

Nick Griffin is more anti-Semitic than Islamophobic. The BNP supports the destruction of Israel and the establishment of a Palestinian state. Nick Griffin is also a Holocaust denier, a view that he shares with the likes of Mahmoud Amendinejad of Iran. The BNP are merely a mirror image of Islamic extremism.

1. Evidence for these allegations please?

Youtube clips or articles outlining the evidence will suffice.

The BNP is well known for its hatred of muslims.

2. I used to be a BNP supporter. A new nationalist party will be lauched soon but I can tell you that the BNP doesn’t support the destruction of Israel. Its policy on Israel is that it recognises Israel’s existence and that the Palestinians do have a right to a state of their own – ie a ‘twin state solution’. This is inline with many political parties around the world of ‘left’ and ‘right’ and indeed many governments.

34. I saw his post on twitter last night and contacted this news site as well as reporting the tweet in question.

I sincerely hope that the two guys will be safe and that there is a police presence outside their home. It looks like they could be forced to move too, which I hope they can claim some form of compensation from the BNP?

35. nasty piece of work

36. What a creep Nick is, how low can the man get!!.

I could swear that his left eye is a glass eye

37. Katie Kool-eyes 19 Oct 2012, 10:04am

So in one single blow he has yet again shown himself to be the nasty homophobic and racist he always is.

Since he’s always banging on about how bad this country is, why doesn’t he just leave? I’d even pack his bags for him.

ps: he still looks like the penguin from the batman movies

1. He was on the BBC this morning saying that “Discrimination is a right”

What planet is he on……….

38. Jock S. Trap 19 Oct 2012, 10:14am

Let’s put this into context… this ruling was because of yet again discriminating Christians and their obsession with sex. They seem to think everyone has sex when visiting their Business, added to which Nick Griffin is the worst.

The ruling was correct and the Christians and Nick Griffin are incorrect… deal with it Mr Griffin!!

39. C4M/The Christian Institute (effectively, the BNP at prayer) has gone into full smarmy-panic mode, now Griffin has revealed his support.

Note the way they now refer to the gay couple by their first names in a “we’re all friends really, want to *politely* force poofs to be second-class citizens” way

Q: The difference between C4M/The Christian Institute and the BNP?

A: The BNP is honest about being hate-filled fascists.

40. What’s Griffin’s address? Obviously he wouldn’t mind it being posted all over the internet…

41. Mr. Griffin, there are much easier ways to get the address of a cute Gay couple without raising all of this tension. May I suggest Gay.com?

Come on, any straight man seeking the address of a Gay man was either 1) hit by a car with a rainbow flag on it or 2) looking for a date.

42. Jesus Mohammed 19 Oct 2012, 1:07pm

The odious Mr. Griffin long ago allowed his details to be published publicly, so here they are, should anybody be passing by Llanerfyl on their way to the beaches of Barmouth and West Wales!

Mr Nick Griffin
    Y Gribin,
    Llanerfyl
    Welshpool
    Powys SY21 0JQ
    Tel. 01938 820560

By the way, for anyone who doesn’t know, Mr. Griffin’s “Y Gribin” is a house in Llanerfyl a remote collection of just a few houses in the most western region of Powys, in Mid Wales! That’s where this bully hides.

43. Go away you silly little man.Better still can we have your address so we can all CAMP on your drive see how you like the invasion.

1. I am a BNP supporter. Yes, the party is in severe trouble and most of it is due to Griffin’s bad leadership. It is in its dying days and will be no more soon. However, a new nationalist party will be launched soon and it is going to be one that regards the issue of homosexuality/bisexuality to be largely irrelevent to this county’s future. Simply put, this issue is mainly a personal one for the individual concerned and not one for any government. Griffin embarrased nationalists on Question Time with that remark about gays. It was very stupid and lost the party support. For my own part, I am a nationalist and I have always been relatively liberal on this subject. NOT all nationalists are overly concerned about other people’s sexuality.

1. Define your ‘nationalism’ please.

Do you support the deportation of ALL British people who cannot trace their ancestry back to before the Vikings invaded?

1. I support the deportation of all illegal immigrants as they have committed a crime merely by being here. I also endorse the expelling of those who have committed other crimes. As for legal migration, I would severely curtail it though I would be prepared to let-in around 5,000 or less very highly-skilled migrants each year such as brain surgeons, nuclear scientists ect. Muslims who are Islamists and who are trying to turn this country into an Islamist state need to consider very carefully if this is the right country for them to live in. As for other migrants, I wouldn’t force them out but if they want to go then the government should provide assistance for them (a provision which already exists under the 1971 Tory Immigration Act).

I, for one, have no problem with civil partnerships (though I have some reservations about gay marriage). This new party will support civil partnerships.

1. You’d better think again then, sunshine.

Marriage is a civil right. If you oppose equal civil rights for gays then you are a fascist.

But you self identify as a fascist already, don’t you?

You didn’t answer my original question.

Do you support the expulsion of people in Britain, who cannot trace their ancestry back before the Vikings invaded?

44. Gary Farrimond 19 Oct 2012, 5:42pm

In 2005 Nick Griffin stood for the BNP in my home seat of Keighley. During the campaign I asked for his view on Gay Rights. Needless to say his view is shall we say most unpleasent, his realisations that he was addressing a Gay man provoked furious back peddlng and his reverse response was a masterpiece of ambiguity.

Nick Griffin has nothing to say save bile & bigotry. His actions say more about the measure of the man and that his vision is limited to the tip of his nose. His actions are irresponsible and whilst designed to create a response I hope it will backfire on this grubby individual.

1. He’s like a real life internet troll.