Video: Victoria Jackson says equal marriage would ‘make god mad’

1. Her divorces did not make him mad?

2. auntie babs 17 Oct 2012, 2:57am

i have had more than enough of these stupid silly statements from silly stupid people……please give us proof of what you say or STFU

1. Agree. The word of god over the years has become a load of muddled Chinese whispers. Its been meddled and added to over the years by certain nutcases in society that, finding they are at a low or have fallen out of favour in the public eye, make up a load of tosh as a springboard to garner support for an issue at a relevant time.

It amazes me that it has taken the subject of equal marriage and same sex kissing on TV to stir up a load of wailing from elements of society that for the past 20,000 years were silently gloating to themselves how better they are. Well, times are changing folks. Adapt, or silently stew.

3. “I have gay friends,…”

Of course, and Klansmen have black friends.

4. God gets mad when STUPID MORTALS claim to know his bidding.

Not when you change the definition of a word. Besides, the bible was written in the time before the English Language.

Its not like we’re asking for holy friggin’ blessings. I just want it to be clear, through definition, that a homosexual partnership is in no way any less strong, important and (sadly, stupid people reminding our relationships are) real than the heterosexual counterpart.

I will have God judge me and damn to all of those who continue to cast judgement on us homosexuals. We’ll see what God has to say about all those judgemental thoughts youge acted upon under his name.

To be honest, if i was God, Id be really pissed off with people acting on my ‘behalf’. I’m omnipotent and omnipresent. If i need to hate, i got it.

5. I’m wondering if she would have a different view if she wasn’t so influenced by what the bible says? … probably not as people like her don’t know the meaning of independent thought….

1. The word of the bible has been muddled over the years so that no-one knows the truth. The sooner the real document as it was written is produced, the better it will be.

Course it never will appear will it… much the same as this bloody sky fairy that allegedly created it all in the first place.

6. I’m sure her gay friends appreciate her deciding what their identity should be are really happy with that.

This drunk lady is precisely why things like civil rights should not be put yo a public vote

7. I have no idea who this woman is, I confess, but she sounds as thick as three planks, anyway.

8. whose god?

9. Spanner1960 17 Oct 2012, 9:29am

Again, not homophobia, just blind ignorance.

These people are willing to believe in imaginary deities, but not prepared to accept differing sexualities and the simple fact that same sexes can love each other and want to be treated like everybody else.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

10. I have a greater fear of micro pigs taking over the world…

1. GingerlyColors 17 Oct 2012, 10:47am

It’s the ducks I’m more worried about.

11. Poor sap head is a lost to all reason, she doesn’t seem to have two intact brain cells to rub together that aren’t infected by the virus of prejudiced religion…whoever she is.

12. Uh-oh, sweet baby Jesus will throw a tantrum and mess his pants.

13. ” I believe the bible is god’s word, and I base all my world view on the bible.”

So why are you speaking out on TV, dear? Don’t you know the bible says women should keep quiet? Or perhaps you haven’t had time to read that bit because you must be very busy what with all the killing required by your biblical god – all those non-virgin brides to stome to death, all those adulterers, all those children who disrespect their parents….

Stupid, pig ignorant woman. I’m embarrassed for her.

1. Paul Essex/London 17 Oct 2012, 11:12am

Sorry, meant to like and reported you instead!

1. Ok, Paul :D I’ve almost done that before too. I think the ‘Report’ should be well away from the arrows. Actually, it’d be nice if they all had a bit more of a gap between them.

2. Douglas in Canada 17 Oct 2012, 2:58pm

And DON’T FORGET THE HEADCOVERING… her bible should be telling her to have her head covered in public… and if she’s wearing polyester/cotton, she’s really up the creek. read your bible, lady, those are all rules.

Cherry-picking bible-thumpers lose my respect immediately.

14. Demented mouth-breather desperate for a career and choosing to jump aboard the hate-for-hire bandwagon.

Yawn. Most of her “appearances” are on mocked up TV shows on her own Youtube channel, with women who are clearly wondering if the pay off is worth it to be seen with the ridiculous twunt.

15. GingerlyColors 17 Oct 2012, 10:48am

Can someone tell Romney to keep his Mitts off LGBT rights? The last thing we want is Victorian values.

16. Shame on Pink News for giving free advertising to unknown extremists.

1. Free advertising? or exposing an ugly homophobe? I like to know who my enemies are. Good work PN.

1. This woman is a lunatic.

She lives in the US and makes her living by being a bigot.

Thanks to media outlets like Pink News she makes her living.

17. Paul Essex/London 17 Oct 2012, 11:20am

“I have gay friends, one since Auburn University, and I don’t make their identity their sexuality. To me he’s my fun, theatre-loving, funny friend. Why is his identity his sexuality?”

Oh they always have a ‘gay friend’. If this person was straight would the only thing she could define them by be fin and theatre loving? We’re not here to be someone fun for you to party with.

18. Did marriage equality make God mad in the 11 or so countries where it has already been introduced? If it did nobody seems to have noticed.

19. There’s surely something stronger than tea in her paper cup?

1. Some hallucinogenic concoction no doubt.

“Here we are dear, your medication.”

20. Robert in S. Kensington 17 Oct 2012, 11:49am

She’s no different than our own equivalents such as the hatemongers at CI/C4M, Anne Widdecombe, Lord Carey, Anna Minichiello. They’re all on the same page, same script, same agenda in line with the major religious right wing cults, CoE, RC, Greek & Russian Orthodox as well as Orthodox Judaism.

They all claim they’re not homophobic because they say they have gay friends. Well, maybe those gay friends maybe the types who vote against their own interests and equal marriage. There are plenty of them in the republican party of hate and in that insidious gay group, GOProud that has a virulently homophobic board member by the name of Anne Coulter, an extreme right wing commentator and who I’m convinced is a self-loathing lesbian. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

1. Paul Essex/London 17 Oct 2012, 3:22pm

Anne Coulter is on an LGBT group!? Although in way its not surprising, she’s so twisted you could use her as corkscrew.

21. I don’t give a s**t what she believes. I believe she’s an idiot so it must be true.

1. That’s too feasible, Char :D You have to believe something more incredible like her having three heads or something (invisible, untouchable ones, of course) – three heads that are conniving to bring about the end of the world or some such cr*p.

Or you could just say that you have it on divine authority that god hates her. That’s what these fundies seem to do – make up rubbish and pretend it can’t be argued with by mentioning god.

22. These people always have……”Gay friends”.

The new testament had much more to say about divorcee and adultery than it did about same sex relationships.

23. “God made a man and woman’s bodies fit together”

Please explain why there are, therefore so many straight relationships which go a bit pear shaped after a few months.

“You’ll have to take it up with god”

Alright, fine, give me his phone number or email address and I’ll talk to him.

“to change the definition of marriage would make god mad”

Would it? Can you predict the future then? I’d love to see this character and indeed his response to seeing a same sex couple get married. Honestly, it wouldn’t make one iota of difference who gets married to who.

Ask this gay friend of yours what he thinks of equal marriage.

If you base all your world view on the word of the bible, perhaps you need to re-read certain bits in it.

In one picture, you appear to be wearing items of clothing of different fabrics. Or have you excluded that reason just because its convenient for you? Did god give you permission to wear those different items? Course he did, he told you on the phone.

1. Douglas in Canada 17 Oct 2012, 3:02pm

The definition of marriage has been changing steadily throughout history.

You just have to google “biblical ways to get a wife” and the list will appear, and most of those ‘ways’ will be found lacking in any moral or ethical value.

Trusting the bible for that kind of advice is actually a huge backward step, but then again, people like this woman haven’t really read it, they just say they do.

24. Rick Hopkins 17 Oct 2012, 12:31pm

This is what you get when you ask an idiot an intelectual question!

25. I’m glad that someone who has the voice and brains of a three year old is a conservative mouthpiece against Gay marriage — because she enables normal people to see just how STUPID her “arguments” are and that her real problem is the fact she IS very bigoted. I’m always surprised at the end of her spiel that she doesn’t whip out a pacifier and start sucking it..!

26. Katie Kool-eyes 17 Oct 2012, 1:19pm

Ok, so God’s mad, big whoop! If I changed everone changed their behavior because it makes someone else mad, we’d never amount to anything.

Besides, he’s not real. Last time I checked, my actions were not determined by the happiness of Sooty and Sweep, so why does any other imaginary character get priority over my decisions?

1. Katie Kool-eyes 17 Oct 2012, 1:20pm

Ooooops!! Slight typo on “if I changed” there, sentecne should read “If everyone changed their behavior because it makes someone else mad, we’d never amount to anything”

27. I think God would be more angry that his creations have become so stupid…y’know…if he was actually real.

28. Oh, right – I’m so grateful to this lady for clarifying what it’s really all about. An invisible over-arching cosmic spirit doesn’t just establish the sociolegal arrangements of a bipedal ape (but apparently not all of them), and disapprove of any attempt to change them (well, the latest one anyway) – it actually gets UPSET about it.
    Infantile narcissism and superstition – always a potent combination.

29. “I don’t believe there is such a thing as gay marriage, the definition of marriage is a man and a woman.”

I wonder if she realises that the idea of ‘traditional’ marriage is a man, a woman, and all the concubines the man wants?

Oh wait, that would put a bit of a damper on the whole ‘holy matrimony’ spiel, wouldn’t it.

1. Agreed. These imbeciles pick and chose what parts of the bible they feel is relevant to the equal marriage debate. Problem is, many of us who are not religious actually knows that book better than them and can prove their arguments are invalid.

30. “I believe the bible is god’s word, and I base all my world view on the bible.” That is why your views are clearly stuck in the dark ages my dear.

Put that useless and irrelevant book on the camp fire and come into the modern world, you might actually learn how to be a decent person.

31. thought god was mad aleardy

32. Jim Nashville 17 Oct 2012, 2:16pm

what makes GOD mad are people like her .. ….

33. That There Other David 17 Oct 2012, 2:20pm

And of course she completely misses the point. Her straight friends are also not defined by their sexuality. They similarly have personalities and interests.

Only they’re allowed to marry the person they love. If she cannot understand that her gay friend is also just a person deserving of happiness she doesn’t deserve her gay friend.

34. I’m GAY, and since God chose to make me GAY I’ll happily face His judgement … at least He isn’t fuelled by irrational hatreds and mis-interpretations of His Word!!!!!
    As Mark Twain observed – “The best cure for ‘Christianity’ is to read the Bible.” I suggest Ms Jackson acquires some basic intelligence and tries this!!!!!

35. Cardinal Capone 17 Oct 2012, 3:25pm

She sounds sooo heterosexual.

36. Stupid has been. And fat at that.

37. VeeJay say, ” I believe the booze bottle is god’s word, and I base all my world view on the booze bottle, it gets me through the day.”

1. That There Other David 17 Oct 2012, 4:34pm

LOL. Amen to that :D

38. “To change the definition of marriage would make god mad!”

OK, lets ask god, see what he actually thinks, not what some rambling drunk luddite thinks god says marriage is!

1. BEEP BEEP

Sorry.

I’m not here right now.

I,m purely a figment of someones imagination.

Please leave a message after the tone.

BEEP

39. It sure hurts our cause when someone that comes across as THIS intelligent is against us.

40. Wow I’m impressed, she has a direct line to know what god thinks.

Her comments about her gay friend were so stereo typical. Another loony.

41. If she really goes have a gay friend, maybe they should be listening to the crap she says and dumping her ASAP

42. Art Pearson 17 Oct 2012, 11:44pm

Fortunately, most of us know just the opposite as is demonstrated by how God has blessed us.

43. “To me he’s my fun, theatre-loving, funny friend.”
    That made me laugh really hard.