UK: Muslim anti-gay cleric Abu Hamza launches new appeal

1. He cant, the EU said that it wouldn’t allow any more, so where is he appealing to?

1. if i remember rightly.. you can appeal as many times as you wish to the high court in the uk however it is very unlikely they’ll listen to the appeal at all if you’ve already made 1 unless of course there is new evidence that has since come to light but more importantly since the ECHR has already made a judgment as have other courts it again makes it even more unlikely they’d bother listening to it. (though in truth my knowlage of such things is at least 5 years out of date so im not 100% sure if it has changed since then lol)

1. ah.. nevermind lol acording to the BBC a judge has accepted to hear the appeal cos he claims to have new evidence :S

1. Will this never end? More thousands wasted because he cons a judge into thinking he has more than a tenuous piece of “new evidence”.
          “Abu Hamza said he would face inhumane treatment if handed over.” Killing homosexuals is not inhumane, then? I would put the scumbag on an all-pork diet (QI stated even jelly contains pig products, so he could have a balanced diet) until he begs to go to the US. Humane treatment is genuinely wasted on this stain on the human race. Sorry if this is incoherent, I’m a bit miffed, as you may notice!!

1. dont worry about it, under the circumstances i think its very understandable to be a bit annoyed (to put it politely), hopefully they should get the hearing done very quickly and send ‘im off afterwards, i may be wrong but im sure this is the final option available to stop it bar the government directly intervening on his behalf which i would very much doubt they would heh

2. Julia Ford 26 Sep 2012, 5:05pm

17.02 Wed 9th Sept.

BBC News just reported he has lost his appeal for an appeal and has to go.

1. its the 26th today silly :P currently the extradition has been halted until his hearing since he’s saying he’s got new evidence (which i highly doubt he does buuut thats just me)

2. Julia Ford 26 Sep 2012, 8:03pm

Whoops! I did mean the 26th . Anyway the BBC report is now out of date already according to a report i just read by sky news.

3. Paddyswurds 26 Sep 2012, 8:59pm

There are a lot of doddery old judges in ythe UK who really do need to retire. That he has more evidence is a load of tosh and is just a delaying tactic… I presume the good judge is giving this evil cnut a speedy hearing like tomorrow at 7 am.so he can catch the 10.10 am flight to Washington…..

2. So he had a gay male nurse that had to wipe his a$$ and rinse off his funk. My sincere condolences to the poor nurse.

1. As a carer, I have had to deal with “challenging” behaviour, threats, punches, scratches, being spat at, but I know that this is only the client’s condition causing this, and later they will be appreciative, even loving.
      This is a different order of care, the man is evil, full of hatred, and knowingly provocative.
      That carer should be in the next Honours List, not some sportsman. He should also receive a large cash bonus, preferably out of Hamza’s pocket (with or without his consent)

2. The nurse was truely a godsend, I believe.

3. Why isn’t this hateful bastard on a plane already??

4. A real life Bond villain

5. He should have been put on a plane a few hours after the previous verdict. The lawyers encouraging him and raking in our money to pay for his legal aid are to blame too. He couldn’t have played the system without their help.

6. Spanner1960 26 Sep 2012, 2:42pm

This really pisses me off.
    Had all this been done by the British courts, the entire matter would have been done and dusted months, even years ago.

I really hope the courts will just reject these ridiculous appeals and send the bastard down.

On top of this, where the hell is the man getting all the money for these lawyers?
    No doubt on legal aid, and the taxpayer foots the bill yet again.

1. GingerlyColors 27 Sep 2012, 6:36am

I totally agree with you. Sometimes I do wonder if the ECHR is on our side.

1. Spanner1960 27 Sep 2012, 8:35am

Of course it isn’t.
        It’s just another excuse for lawyers to get richer.
        What Europe is saying is it’s host countries are incapable of making their own legal decisions.

7. Talk about being cursed. He needs to look in a mirror.

1. Julia Ford 26 Sep 2012, 2:51pm

@Nikki H . He has no need for a mirror! I mean look at the state of him . I agree with you 100%.

2. The man is disabled, in eye and arm. He should not be mocked for that.

Mock him for the evil views that he chooses to hold.

1. Don’t think Nikki and Julia are mocking disability (self-inflicted, he was building a bomb), but were highlighting the irony of mocking AIDS sufferers as “cursed”, while he himself is a shambles of a creature (I almost said “man”, but I refuse to put him into the group as me).
        By his own definition, his arm and eye are not disabilities, anyway, but God’s punishment.

8. Julia Ford 26 Sep 2012, 3:00pm

Abu Az One Handsa is surely lacking in the brain department . He will be gone soon “no more appeals” He is just trying to delay it once again. I bet he is craping himself.

Please please UK government see sense for once and make sure his family get a lift home. The plane fares will be cheaper than keeping them here in the UK plus they will just keep breeding and cost us more. Revoke any permission they have to be in this country. They hate us and deserve nothing but the boot.

9. Paul in Brighton 26 Sep 2012, 3:02pm

Interesting, don’t you think that with the vile diatribe and offensive language used by Cardinal O Brien et al against Same Sex marriage, yet not a single word against vile creatures like this one.

Our lifestyle will apparently lead to premature death at the lower end of the scale rising up to the full blown destruction of society as we know it, however, for this scumbag, not a solitary word from other religious leaders, Why?

1. Silence speaks very loudly. Nothing is said ’cause they most likely of the same mind. Chirstians refuse to attack other religious people who are willing or have no consciousness about attacking them with violence or other means. Cowards attack only those they see as weaker than them. Christian leaders are quite happy to have the focus on LGBT as it keeps the spotlight off them.

10. Robert in S. Kensington 26 Sep 2012, 3:05pm

Amazing that this piece of scum gets treated humanely in the UK while those backward, illiterate islamic countries make life hell for gay people and in some instances put to death for being gay in the name of religion. I hope he gets brutal treatment in U.S. jails.

11. For heaven sake this this pile of poo out the Uk asap. I cant believe this saga continues. had hope to wake up this morning to see he had been place on a aircraft and gone.

Lee

12. DJ Sheepiesheep 26 Sep 2012, 3:33pm

We’ve already said goodbye,
    Go now,
    Go now…….

1. Julia Ford 26 Sep 2012, 4:58pm

Since you gotta go oh you better go now

go now go nowwwwwwww

We’ve already said goodbye.

13. casparthegood 26 Sep 2012, 4:32pm

For someone who preaches hate of all the UK stands for he sure as hell is keen to stay here. Give him a choice of US or Jordan (no more appeals) and will try and swim the Atlantic to get to the States

14. I believe we need a Human Rights Act of some kind, to prevent persecution of LGBT folk if for no other reason.
    This endless succession of appeals, however, benefits no-one but the lawyers who spin everything out endlessly to maximize their earnings. According to a BBC correspondent, this latest appeal is likely to end in days, and this would-be Satan will be off to America, a fate he clearly dreads. I hope all his worst fears are realized.

1. It not only benefits the lawyers . It also sets a whole series of dangerous precedents that can be used by the English government to defeat future appeals by other peopkle who are awaiting extradiction under the terms of a unequal and thouorghly unjust treaty that should never have been signed in the first place !

1. Personally I do not understand what offence this man has committed ! He’s a bigot and hates the West , and incites violence and hatred . . . But . . hey . . . people should be allowed to say what they want .

1. Julia Ford 26 Sep 2012, 7:59pm

@Rodent. What are you on?Or where have you been the past few years? When you come back to earth try reading .

15. de Villiers 26 Sep 2012, 4:55pm

This is not really a gay story. Pink News is starting to become nothing more than Religious People who Hate Gays news. One or two stories are fine but it’s all becoming a bit repetitive.

1. Some of us find all the religious hate a bit repetitive too. Keep calling the perpetrators out on it, I say, PinkNews!

2. Julia Ford 26 Sep 2012, 8:10pm

@de villiers. He hates you! He hates me , he hates virtualy everyone in the western world “but” he wants to stay and guess why? To incite more hate .

1. de Villiers 26 Sep 2012, 9:01pm

I agree but it’s boring and not gay news.

16. Who the Hell is paying for these bloody appeals?! He’s having a laugh.

17. Irony is the european human rights court being used by people like this… people who would forget their fellow mans human rights in a second were the boot on the other foot.

Not to put too finer point on this I hope the Americans hold up their record of rigidly tough justice and serve this man with a long, long, long, long time behind bars for the evil acts he’s committed.

1. MerlynHerne 30 Sep 2012, 1:53pm

Hopefully he will end up in a federal supermax prison. The one here in Colorado is below ground so these characters never get to see the light of day,

18. John D Lincoln 26 Sep 2012, 6:38pm

It really is a disgrace. His lawyers should be ashamed of themselves. But I suppose they are being paid handsomely by us I.e. legal aid . Get rid of him quickly and put an end to this ridiculous situation .

19. I’m losing hope in humanity.

20. Get the evil man out! I cannot believe that after he lost his court case in Europe that he was not put straight on a plane to the USA. I am even more angered that a judge has allowed the hearing to go ahead, to say I am more than a little angry is more than an understatement

21. Robert Brown 26 Sep 2012, 7:38pm

He’s gonna now say he’s gay and will be persecuted based on his sexuality if sent back . . .

That’s one thing he hasn’t said yet . . . so you never know . . .

1. Julia Ford 27 Sep 2012, 9:46am

He won,t need to say he is gay! .I am sure once he is in a US prison someone will teach him a few things :) Wether he likes it or not. Only then can he say his human rights have been breached but who will listen then?.

22. What a disgusting human being and a good example of what religious fundamentalism/extremism can do to people.

23. Just get him out of here and give the full punishment so deserving of such a horrid creature…..whatever it takes

24. GingerlyColors 27 Sep 2012, 6:43am

Abu Hamza is just one of countless thugs who came here just to take advantage of our generousity. He wouldn’t have come here in the first place if he weren’t going to be treated with kid-gloves. All I hear about is ‘human rights’. What about ‘human responsibilities’? While I believe in gay rights I also believe that we should behave responsibly and this includes respecting other people’s lifestyles. Abu Hamza had no respect whatsoever to the society which supported him, gave him benefits and housing and treated his self-inflicted injuries. I don’t care where you go, Hamza, just sod off out of my country.