Hong Kong billionaire offers £40 million marriage bounty for lesbian daughter

1. Disgusting. Is forced marriage illegal in Hong Kong?

1. Spanner1960 26 Sep 2012, 2:43pm

Hong Kong is China.
      Say no more really.

2. Robert Brown 26 Sep 2012, 12:45pm

I’ll win her heart . . . as a dyke hag am sure I can introduce her to MANY lovely lesbians . . .

Robert

1. Spanner1960 26 Sep 2012, 2:46pm

As a suggestion, why don’t you just add your URL to the weblink provided, rather than dropping it in your message?

2. Suddenly Last Bummer 26 Sep 2012, 3:27pm

Any photos on your site of you sitting on your fist? Otherwise I’m not interested.

3. Well, at least it makes a change from religious extremists spreading anti-LGBT hate. Still, what a complete prick, trying to sell his daughter like that. Hope she disowns the hateful old sod.

4. I agree with the comment in the article. He basically just put out an advertisement selling his daughter to a man. How despicable, I thought that ended in the last century, but I guess I was wrong…

5. You know, it sounds like it could be the plot of a hit Hollywood independent movie, where the father almost succeeds by dangling $40 million…but at the last second his daughter finds her true love in a woman. It could turn out to be a gay classic!

6. I’ll marry her.

We can split the cash 50/50 and live a big gay old life, with our big lavender marriage.

We’ll be like the John Travolta and Kelly Preston of Hong Kong.

1. Spanner1960 26 Sep 2012, 2:44pm

You’d marry Abu Hamza if you thought there was any money in it.

1. Well you’d f*** Margaret Thatcher for cash.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 26 Sep 2012, 3:30pm

How much would anyone be willing to accept before doing Sir Elton? Six figures? Seven figures?

1. Mypartnerdavidfurnish is the one who can answer that question.

7. “I don’t mind whether he is rich or poor. The important thing is that he is generous and kind hearted,”

Those are all admirable qualities to seek in a spouse for his daughter, but why can’t he be happy that she’s found someone to love and stop obsessing about their gender.

I almost feel sorry for him – how old-fashioned to think that she ‘just hasn’t found the right man yet’. I really hope his daughter educates him about LGBT people.

8. Dennis Velco 26 Sep 2012, 4:06pm

Thanks for this article and your reporting. What you do is appreciated.

I posted it to my LGBT Group on LinkedIn to spur members to read your article and to make comment. I also scooped it at Scoop.It on my LGBT Times news mashup.

Link to group >> http://www.linkedin.com/groups/LGBT-Gay-GLBT-Professional-Network-63687/about

All LGBT+ and community allies…. please come join me and 15,500+ of your soon to be great connections on LinkedIn. The member base represents 80% of the world’s countries.

It’s core value is – Visibility can lead to awareness which can lead to equality. Come stand with us and increase our visibility on the globe’s largest professional networking site. Be a professional who just happens to be LGBT – or a welcomed community ally.

9. That There Other David 26 Sep 2012, 4:07pm

Well, even though the story is flawed in that France doesn’t actually have same-sex marriage at this time I can only hope that the daughter and her partner have elected to live together in Europe. The father has brought shame on himself by doing this IMO.

10. Christopher 26 Sep 2012, 6:01pm

She is already married.

What happened to “what God has joined together let no man put asunder”?

1. Christian. What makes you think the 76yo Mr Chao is Christian? Or that his daughter’s marriage is recognised by the church?

11. I think his bank balance is probably safe! It’s no wonder Gigi is in France! I wouldn’t want to be in the same air as this bigot, father or not! My dad when I told him this said “I wish him look” (laugh) then added “prat!”

12. mr. chao. I will marry your daughter and make her very happy work hard to give you grandsons contact me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/josefkirchner

1. Clearly you’re taking the pi_s, West Hollywood.

13. And he wonders why his daughter lives in France?

14. Julia Ford 27 Sep 2012, 7:33am

And there was me thinking i had heard it all!. A 76 year old man who has more money than sense who just cannot be pleased his daughter is happy. He admits she is a wonderful woman helping charitys ect , but just can,t be happy for her and most of all proud that she has proved she can survive without his furtune.

No doubt she will be left out of his will when he goes off to the take away in the sky.