Russian politician says being gay is a ‘bad habit’ that can be treated with prayer

1. It CLEARLY worked for you, love.

1. Fasting can also help with obesity Mr Milonov. Prayer may have a placebo effect on gluttony, which by the way is condemned in the bible.

2. A bad habit? Father forgive me for I bite my nails, drink straight from the bottle and shag men.

3. Am fed up with stinky Russians and their white shoes telling how to live my life , the hate Americans too and Miami is been flooded with them , just don’t get it !

1. This is not about someone being Russian…Americans (I’m assuming you’re American?) say this stuff too. It’s about being homophobic and a biggot…

2. I agree. This has nothing to do with being Russian. This shows what kind of politics a country can have if it decides to embrace religion as a guide in decision-making. The civil laws go down the drain. The religious jargon like “sin”,”hell”, “repent” is used to allow discrimination and repression. We can only hope that the US doesn’t go down this road, and don’t be fooled – it might. Let’s vote for the right guys!

4. God I feel sorry for the average russian having to endlessly deal with this idiocy in power.

1. The ‘average Russian’ most likely agrees with them, I’m afraid.

1. You’re absolutely right Al, that’s the whole problem.

1. Though I sadly agree with you on the most part there is an ever increasing branch of russian people who dislike the corrupt and bigoted people running their country. I have faith in them trying to turn the tide…. a long road but one that has been walked before.

5. Paddyswurds 25 Sep 2012, 5:34pm

Russia…meh!

6. I *love* this idea being gay is a bad habit, like squeezing toothpaste from the middle of the tube.

7. Bring back communism rather than the fascist church!

1. You mean, when homosexuality was illegal?

8. If I were more generous of spirit I would hope that prayer could cure Milonov’s stupidity, but I fear it might be asking too much.

1. Paul in Brighton 25 Sep 2012, 6:10pm

That’s very funny, thanks!
      P

2. I agree Rehan, that would be asking for a miracle.

3. Well, another idea. We might never know if he’s smart or stupid. He just has to do and say what they told him to say. He doesn’t look happy or confident more like somebody on anti-depressants.

9. Whats the Russian word for ‘Barking’?

1. Milonov

10. I wonder if the power of prayer can help people become good Christians? By that I mean, of course, followers of the supposed teachings of Christ – be kind to your fellow man, don’t judge other, love one another, be generous and forgiving. The evidence would suggest that it doesn’t.

1. Well said! :)

2. Unfortunately the so-called Christians don’t follow any of those teachings and never did, not even in the times of Constantine. Love and tolerance don’t help you build empires and subjugate men. Therefore it has no place in the so-called Christian Churches like the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Churches, that act more like political institutions than spiritual ones.

11. Pavlos Prince of Greece 25 Sep 2012, 6:16pm

Yes, so is reality in the deep Eastern Europe. And in Lithuania, Belarus, Moldova or Ukraine will be such politician consider even as a ‘moderate’.

12. Please join me in praying that Milonov will stop being such a nasty, ignorant bigot.

1. Unfortunately that is going to be as productive as what he is espousing.

13. Can it cure obesity though?

14. Treating homosexuality with fasting and praying, the same way of treating kleptomania, hein ? You know, I love that when the homophobic types are exactly the most ridiculous and stupid ones, without any contact with reality and any kind of real credibility. It only helps our cause.

15. It is sad, that LGBT Russians have to live their lives with this person in a position of authority over them.
    It must be really hard for these people having to go on like normal with people making such insults against them, and it must be even harder for them when their friends, family, and neighbours take in and believe what is being said.

16. Jen Marcus 25 Sep 2012, 9:26pm

I wonder if being an idiot is a bad habit? Perhaps education may help this clown? No, how foolish of me to pose such a silly question! He is too brain washed, corrupted and addicted to by power , Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church!

17. Being so obese at his age is likely to be the result of bad eating/drinking habits.

18. That There Other David 25 Sep 2012, 10:43pm

Ironically if this bunch of Bible-waving loons could only have a damn good shag they might loosen up a bit.

Those that spend so much time concentrating on the sex lives of others are obviously very dissatisfied. Maybe his wife needs to do the pseudonym to fool him bit.

19. It’s so frustrating to see cluelessly deluded idiots like this spouting patently ridiculous claims while maintaining a straight face. He should be laughed out of office but the sad thing is most people will nod their heads in agreement. It’s infuriating!

20. Prayer cures kleptomania? In that case nobody does any praying in the Kremlin or in the Putin household that’s for sure.

21. Psalm 100: 3. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

He needs to read his Bible and become a Christian.

22. This is the standard of elected officials?

What is been particularly enlightening with any debate of human rights for GLBT people is is seeing how simple minded many politicians are. We as humans have to get better at choosing political leaders.

23. Perhaps we shouldn’t but what do you recon this Dudes sex life is like ?

24. I used to have a thing for red heads. Until now.

25. This dude looks a bit light in the loafers if you ask me. He also looks like he’s got a butt plug up his ass.

26. Vitiliy go on a diet you fat ugly boring slob , who cares what your narrow little mind thinks and don’t speak on GOD behalf please , he doesent need to hear you sprouting shit in his name.

27. Mum of two 21 Jul 2013, 2:26am

Someone needs to face his own interest in homosexuality and deal with it instead of spitting his evil venom around.