Pink: It’s not a ‘gay marriage’ it’s just ‘a marriage’.

1. Paddyswurds 19 Sep 2012, 11:32am

It’s not a gay marriage it is Marriage Equality……

1. Spanner1960 19 Sep 2012, 4:37pm

If you want to be pedantic, it isn’t marriage equality because we cannot get married, therefore it should be “officially recognised relationship status” equality.

Bloody nitpickers.

1. Paddyswurds 19 Sep 2012, 6:02pm

Weeel seeing you are being pedantic, it is Marriage Equality that is sought by Gay people worldwide…which is the same as you said but less pedantic….

2. Well said, Pink! I scowl every time I see the phrase “gay marriage”. Even worse is “gay ‘marriage’ ” as though we couldn’t possible have a marriage. It’s surprising how many times I’ve seen that in the media as well as on fundamentalist literature. The latter just does it to be spiteful, in my opinion.

1. I like to throw these “!quotes” back at the religious fundies.

Given that they use it as a derogation in the concept of gay “marriage” , I respond in kind with “christian” and use it in the same context they apply to it.

Gets right up there noses…..

1. Spanner1960 19 Sep 2012, 4:38pm

“God” help us.

1. Paddyswurds 19 Sep 2012, 6:04pm

How do you expect help from an imaginary deity?

1. Spanner1960 19 Sep 2012, 10:19pm

That’s why it’s in inverted commas.
            Pedant.

3. Suddenly Last Bummer 19 Sep 2012, 1:32pm

Well said Pink.

4. Robert in S. Kensington 19 Sep 2012, 2:04pm

Amazing that a straight person such as Pink gets it, while the media in general use the “gay” code word to foment intolerance and hatred. Nick Clegg and Cameron have also used it and they need to stop feeding and enabling the hate groups out there such as C4M/CI and the major religious cults.

1. Spanner1960 19 Sep 2012, 4:40pm

It’s not amazing in the slightest.
      Of course the media get it; they just choose to ignore it and feign ignorance in order to sell more copy.

5. Pink is fab

6. Too true Pink!!!

7. I park my car, I don’t gay-park my car.

I love you PINK !