Mika: I was scared of not being accepted by my family

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 17 Sep 2012, 6:56pm

B0ll0X. He’s was scared of not having his record bought by little girls. This guy is soooooo bad for the LGBT community. He couldn’t lie straight in bed.

1. ‘Little girls’ don’t seem to mind if an idol’s gay at all so I hardly think that was the reason.

1. Spanner1960 18 Sep 2012, 9:20am

That’s total crap actually.
        Little girls have dreams of marrying their idols. It’s always been that way.
        I worked with many pop bands years ago, and it was always important to hide girlfriends, let alone boyfriends, otherwise you could see yourself plummeting off the bottom of the charts.

1. Maybe in the old days, Spanner ;) But, working with girls now, I don’t see that at all. They do indeed fantasise – all the time! :D But they’re not too fussy about whether their fantasy is likely to come true or not. In fact, what seems to put them off male idols most is them ‘being boring’. Gay – not a problem. Got a girlfriend/boyfriend? – yep, they’re jealous but that just seems to make their fantasies more intense and focussed. Reality doesn’t intrude on their fantasies very much at all. That’s a normal stage of growing up for them. Believe me, finding out an idol is gay doesn’t deter them in the slightest!

2. Suddenly Last Bummer 18 Sep 2012, 11:00am

Jedward, Bieber, Robbie, Take That, I could list a thousand more acts which relied on little girls as the target audience. Little girls who fantasized about these guys. Iris you don’t have a clue.

1. Girls will fantasise about male idols whether they be straight or gay. It’s all dreams as whether the idol has a boyfriend/girlfriend is irrelevant really as ‘fangirl’ is hardly likely to marry them or have a relationship with them anyway. Spend some time with girls fizzing with hormones and you’ll see that. It’s a natural stage in their development – the harmless fantasy.

And it’s not just girls, it can be women too. How many female fans do John Barrowman and Derren Brown, for example, have?

2. And yet with Stephen Gately it was discovered that coming out did surprisingly little damage to the size of his female fanbase. I believe Will Young has plenty of young female fans too.

2. You can write bollocks here, by the way. (Indeed, you often do.)

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 18 Sep 2012, 3:15pm

Laugh? I thought I’d never start. Rehab.

2. GingerlyColors 17 Sep 2012, 7:15pm

Hailing from Lebanon, I understand Mika’s recent reluctance to come out as gay. Lebanon’s record on LGBT rights certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

1. @GayspeakNews 17 Sep 2012, 7:20pm

As if we didn’t know …

2. Spanner1960 18 Sep 2012, 9:22am

“Mum, Dad. I want to marry a Lebanese.”

I’m sure there’s a bad taste joke in there somewhere.

3. Suddenly Last Bummer 18 Sep 2012, 11:02am

Their record on musicians also leaves a lot to be desired, as is evidenced here.

3. It sounds like Mika was struggling with this for a long time. He wanted his family to have him, just to love him, stuck in the middle.

…sorry, couldn’t resist, I love that song.

4. Another free advertisement for his dire latest album no doubt – Mika stop keeping on about it ffs it’s irrelevant now that your time has been and gone nobody now cares ( which is presumably why you’ve now plucked up the courage ).

5. That’s a really bad photo of him. O.o

1. I was thinking exactly the same and was going to post it here. Mika is usually very cute and handsome, but I can barely recognize him in that photo. Definitely not the best photo of him.

1. He looks fine his hair and eyes look dead sexy

6. Dr. Leigh Bissett 17 Sep 2012, 10:45pm

His sexuality is not important really. He is an intelligent and articulate lad (not bad looking either). Everybody has thier own journey to follow in life and friends, family and work influence at every part. So for the judgers I’d say back off and stop being so righteous. I’m sure he doesn’t want your pity either – he might want you to buy his album though…haha!

Leigh Bissett x

7. There’s always a lot of bitter comments here when pop stars come out. I wonder why.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 18 Sep 2012, 11:07am

Wonder about the bitterness or the reason pop stars come out? Its actually symbiotic Cal. Pop stars like Mika, George Michael, Ricky Martin, that twink from Westlife or that lad from Boyzone (RIP btw) come out only when their hand is forced, they’ve been threatened by the tabloids or in Mika’s case their career is floundering. Why not come out at the peak of their careers when they might actually help by making ‘being gay’ more acceptable to a mass audience. They don’t, hence the ‘bitterness’ as you blithely put it. Now Cal go back to your Bieber records and let us grown ups talk amongst ourselves.

2. Bitterness mostly, lack of compassion or empathy. dislike of the personality or their music…but mostly bitterness. La LA LA LA LA!

8. I’m glad he’s been accepted by his family.

Such a pity that he is no longer accepted by the public as a popstar.

Then again he should have come out 4 years ago.