Julian Clary emotional as crowned Celebrity Big Brother 2012 winner

1. Good on you man. Deserved victory. Camp as Christmas and Holly as Easter.

2. Yes- its really good that Julian won-despite the bigotry.AND-he never compromised his sexuality-even his victory statement said he was a homo! Good on you Julian-you do the gay community proud!!

1. Spanner1960 8 Sep 2012, 11:36pm

Oh get over the ‘community’ crap. He is his own man.

1. It is good for the “gay community” to have confident and talented Gay people out of the closet and in the public eye.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 9 Sep 2012, 4:40pm

Is Clary talented? All he ever seems to do is trot out innuendo laden tripe that the ‘Carry On’ team would have balked at. Young gay kids today need better role models than this guy. I find his whole schtick lame and dated.

2. I doubt Clary considers himself a representative of The Gay Community (whatever that is), but I do think someone who perpetuates stereotypes as much as he does ends up doing as much damage as good.

1. Spanner1960 10 Sep 2012, 1:51pm

Hmm.. I see your point.
            The thing is, I see nothing wrong with camp, effeminate stereotypes, because let’s face it, we all know men like him, and little camp queens need heroes too; the point is, we also need ordinary, straight-acting, bloke-in-the-street type gays as well to balance it out and show to everyone that not all gay men do teapot impressions.

2. I think people who challenge or subvert stereotypes are much more interesting and amusing.

3. Spanner1960 10 Sep 2012, 1:52pm

What I’m trying to say is that the “gay community” is a myth.
          If Julian helps other gay people feel more confident, then that has to be a good thing, but please don’t try and steal the man’s thunder.

3. I really like him and congratulations on your win Julian. You make us proud.

4. Truly the deserving winner! Julian is the essence of gentle in “Gentleman” He entered the BB house as a person with great integrity and succeeded in keeping it in the house and on his departure! A rarity for BB Julian you are a class act in every way!

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 9 Sep 2012, 4:42pm

There wasn’t much to choose from really, a couple of page three models, retired soap actors and well that’s about it.

5. Paddyswurds 9 Sep 2012, 5:11pm

Congratulations to Julian. You are now the democratically elected Queen of the UK and phuck the begrudgers……

6. He is cliched and not what I would consider a good role model for young gay people at all. Short of getting caught engaged in a sexual act in a toilet George Michael style he pretty much portrays all the stereotypical things that people dislike about gay guys. The innuendo, make up, constant reference to homo’s. He’s famous for camp and shock, nothing more….

1. Spanner1960 10 Sep 2012, 1:55pm

And what is wrong with that?
      I’d rather a gay man was doing mainstream comedy than some bigot like Jim Davidson.

1. Or Spanner you could raise your standards and enjoy the efforts of genuinely funny comedians / entertainers instead of either of these. Didn’t Clary make a comment about ‘I’ve enjoyed spending time with straights, they are not all that bad’ whilst he was in the house. I wonder how it would have gone down with the ‘community’ if Jim Davidson had said the same about gays. He even introduced himself as being famous for his comments about fisting Norman Lammont. So I state again, not a great role model for young gay people or much of an embassador for the gay ‘community’ (just my opinion of course)

1. Spanner1960 11 Sep 2012, 7:55am

What wonderful logical fallacies you apply.
          Just because I prefer Julian Clary over Jim Davidson doesn’t mean I rush out to buy tickets for all his shows.
          I don’t generally like camp humour. I much prefer dark satire and clever use of language with the likes of Mitchell & Webb, Jack Dee and Tim Minchin.