Ronan Keating: I still miss my ‘best friend’ Stephen Gately

1. Oh please spare us all the BS – you have a new album coming out.

Lee

1. mark young 7 Sep 2012, 2:09pm

whats he supposed to do if someone interviews him? just sit there and say nothing?

2. Paddyswurds 7 Sep 2012, 2:17pm

I am not a fan of Ronan Keating nor was I a fan of Boyszone ,
      but i do think they all miss Stephen Gately very much, new CD or not. It may be the case that Keating is doing the rounds promoting his latest offering but it is insulting to assert that his feelings of loss and grief over the sad loss of Stephen is genuine. Stephen Gately, while not the worlds most talented entertainer, was most definitely a very nice and loving man and a true friend to all his band mates…..
      One hopes that you Lee, will never suffer the loss of a very dear friend and have your loss dismissed as bullshyte…..

1. Paddyswurds 7 Sep 2012, 2:22pm

oops…
        Should read “but it is insulting to assert that his feelings of loss and grief over the sad passing of Stephen is anything but genuine”

3. Julia Ford 7 Sep 2012, 4:55pm

Lee! That is bordering on homaphobic .You can see your comment has upset others so keep your thoughts to yourself and show some respect.

1. Julia people are entitled to express their views, you should learn to respect freedom of speech, you appear to have the IQ of a carrot.

How do people like you get by in life being so easily upset have you read a paper or listen to the news? I guess you probably have feelings for RK but say other are upset, no just you.

1. Julia Ford 7 Sep 2012, 9:03pm

Carl! If i have the IQ of a carrot then you have one of a pea.

Yes we all have freedom of speech but Lee,s comment is out of order and you can see that by the response so it is not just me.I have not given it the thumbs down others have , i respond with words.

As for listening to the news! It makes a change for me not to be in it (or the papers).

And i get by just fine thank you.

1. Thats your view and thats fine.

Have a lovely day.

carl

2. Paddyswurds 7 Sep 2012, 2:19pm

win

1. Its a public forum love – grow up. Please substantiate how this remark is bordering homophobic? Did you know he cheated on his wife, no doubt that remark will upset someone.

Lee

1. Julia Ford 8 Sep 2012, 9:05am

Lee! You seem to be missing the point in this story . A young man died far to young .Ronan Keating was telling everyone how much he loved and missed a very good friend. Not only that but also talking about how he struggled when he came out being gay. Ronans private life has nothing to do with the story.

Maybe you should seek a job in the gutter press so you can get paid for slaging others off.

I think you and Carl would make a perfect couple.

1. julia why is the interview taking place? To promote his new album.

Maybe you could join us seeking a job in gutter press love, Im so upset you should suggest Carl and I would make a perfect couple -sort of statement the gutter press print.

In your reply to Carl you say many are upset -there only 15 comments on this story – stop exaggerating. You have still failed to substantiate how my comments were homophobic

1. Julia Ford 9 Sep 2012, 2:37pm

Lee! I don,t know you or your age “i am guessing about 12 by your posts” (sorry if that is an insult to any 12 year olds).

Ronans interview on GaydarRadio may have inspired one or two people to go and buy his album but as he has sold over 25 million copies world wide i am sure thats not why he was there.

I said bordering on homaphobic! Look in a dictionary. “Negative attitudes towards gay people and thier friends or partners or familys” .Do you want me to continue?.

I said you and Carl would make a perfect couple because you both have those attitudes.

Carl has been deleted now so just like you he obviously upset far to many people.

As for gutter press! I have had 5 or 6 articals written about me in the press and never recieved £1 . I have been offered thousands from others who want to sensationalise my life but have turned down all of them because i have morals.

I am ending this here as long as you do not attack myself or any other person on this site.

2. Below Ms ford as replied -sadly no one is allowed to respond to her reply. She as complained to Pink News and they have removed the post. Your post does nothing but contain insults the very thing you complained about -pot, kettle and black.

I think you’re find Westlife as sold 25 million not RK.

Lee

3. Julia Ford 10 Sep 2012, 9:23am

Lee! You realy have lost the plot. I have not complained to anyone at pink news.

Why you are attempting to continue with this is beyond me . Can you not see from your first comment how you have offended people?.

Just for the record! I am Miss Ford. Also Ronan Keating has sold 25 million plus solo albums world wide. Next you will be bringing The Beatles into the conversation.

Also anyone can respond to my comments it is just you who seems to wish to keep making yourself look a fool.

PS Carl is still here! His comments are muddled in within this mess . My mistake! I admit when i make a mistake unlike some.

4. Thank you Julia your comments have been noted.

best

Lee

3. I’m afraid I don’t really know the music of this person, nor of his former band. I had read about the death of Gately, from this forum, if I recall.

But for fear of sounding incredibly superficial and cold: could Keating be any more gorgeous?

1. Paddyswurds 7 Sep 2012, 3:25pm

Unfortunately he is a breeder and a cheat. Wife left him recently because of his philandering with a dancer from his show….

1. I went to take a listen to some of Boyzone and Keating’s own songs.
        I was surprised, it was actually pleasant.

They did have one song and video about the death of their colleague which was surprisingly heartrending.

2. Spanner1960 8 Sep 2012, 7:47am

Oh, like gay men are SO monogamous and faithful.

4. A moving tribute to a young artist whose life was cut tragically short.
    Well said, Ronan.

5. Why was “best friend” in quotes? The whole sentence should be in quotes, or it looks as if their status as pals is in doubt.
    And yes, I do appreciate the irony of me putting “best friend ” in quotes. D’oh, done it again!