British singer comes out as bisexual and says “everyone is gay”

1. Saying everyone is gay is just stupid. It’s akin to the assumption that everyone is straight that we’ve all worked so hard to combat!

1. Agreed.

2. Spanner1960 24 Aug 2012, 12:30pm

You beat me to it.
      There are many people who are 100% gay, as much as there are others 100% straight, and that’s just the way it is.

Coming out with crap statements like that just makes it more difficult for everyone.

2. I think this is a case of poor-wording, hlfk. I mean, come on, she uses the phrase “kind of lesbian”. I’m betting she’s referring to the Kinsey scale, where total heterosexuality and total homosexuality are far less common than bisexuality or ‘degrees of gayness’.

I do think that most of us are bisexual to some level, it’s just that most do not admit it or dismiss the odd thought as a “weird fantasy”.

3. Stupid attention-seeking statement.

I don’t like it when other people try to define me and insist that they know more about me than I do. To expect my identity and orientation to be treated with respect, I must return that in kind.

1. Agreed. I get the impression she didn’t think much before saying that.

4. Gary edwards 24 Aug 2012, 2:00am

Shes a la la, not everyone is gay. There is a defying line between gay and straight. I for one have never got arroused by a woman, say as I doubt my brother has ever got arroused by a man.

The crossover are bisexuals who are just greedy buggers if you ask me.

5. GingerlyColors 24 Aug 2012, 7:29am

It makes a change to certain people saying that everybody is straight and being gay is a lifestyle choice. It would be nice if everybody was gay, though!

6. Spanner1960 24 Aug 2012, 12:31pm

Personally, I think bisexuals are just gays that sit on the fence because they are just too frightened to commit.

Either that or they are just plain greedy. It’s like having rice and chips at the same time. ;)

1. What’s so impossible about finding both sexes attractive? Maybe you’re just too frightened to admit that sexuality might be more complex than your narrow boxes.

1. Spanner1960 25 Aug 2012, 10:02am

I never said that. If you read my post above I state “There are many people who are 100% gay, as much as there are others 100% straight” and equally there are some that are not 100% either way, but most people make a choice as to which side of the fence they wish to fall. Those that jump between the two need to get their acts together.

I’ve seen too many people claim to be “bisexual” simply because they haven’t got the guts to own up to being gay, because let’s face it, it’s not easy.

1. charmonium 26 Aug 2012, 7:48pm

Well, being gay is certainly not easy, but being bisexual isn’t easy either, when you end up being stereotyped as greedy, attention-seeking, promiscuous, untrustworthy, cowardly or just get told directly and indirectly that people like you don’t actually exist.

Why do we need to get our acts together? Why does there have to be a fence?

7. Neon Hitch sounds like a remarkably stupid woman.

8. Thanks for that stupid remark, Neon.

Now watch as all the old prejudices against bisexuals are trotted out.

9. jeremy derek 6 Sep 2012, 1:23pm

find hot bi sexual girls and perfect soul mate in your city at ==FindBi==