Video: Trailer released ahead of Doctor Who return

1. Was this article actually intended for the Radio Times?

*baffled*

1. I don’t care where it was intended for, I love Dr. Who and am happy to read about it anywhere. P.S. I’m very excited about this new series.

2. Spot-on article. Let’s hope Moffat can pull this off, i.e. cleverness plus emotion.

3. I’m just all wet. Can’t wait.

4. Hodge Podge 3 Aug 2012, 3:58pm

Not sure what the LGBT angle is but whatever. Hope it’s less silly and the plot makes more sense than last series.

5. Marcwebbo3 3 Aug 2012, 4:21pm

I love Dr Who so this article was very welcome….its gearing up to be a great season unlike last years….

6. Are we going to start writing articles for new Kylie singles?

7. I love Doctor Who, I agree with the article, but why was it here?

8. Peter Guthrie 3 Aug 2012, 8:58pm

Call me one of the biggest Doctor Who fans, but russel t davies is no longer the exec producer and I doubt torchwood has a future (Gutted). So what does this have to do with LGBT news.

1. Colin *M* 3 Aug 2012, 9:30pm

Probably because doctor who has a fair gay following.

1. Peter Guthrie 4 Aug 2012, 9:10am

true i love doctor who and a loy of other gay guys and gals do 2

9. Spanner1960 4 Aug 2012, 6:47am

This show jumped the shark when David Tennant left. The Doctor needs to be older and wiser and less of a complete prat, accompanied by others who are also not prats.

1. I’m torn between Jon Pertwee’s campness or Tom Baker’s insanity.

Ah. The good old days.

10. I note W6 and his chums, sorry, the Daleks, are out in force in the new Dr Who series to crush all dissent! :)

11. “Expect, then, more set piece episodes – big, exploding, cinematic visuals that will leap out and grab you, and send children diving for safety behind the sofa. We hope.

All of this is building to an epic conclusion: the departure of the Ponds (which will come as a relief to most of us)”

I didn’t like reading this. Didn’t seem very fair or neutral. The Ponds are much loved characters, and it will be a shame to see them go. This “we hope” and “a relief to most of us” is far too opinionated. I find this article beneath PN’s usual standard.

12. Will PN now be resurrecting their previews of old for Corrie and ‘Stenders?

I think we should be told…

13. I like Dr Who but this looks like an American Hollywood production now with a very commercial feel to it (sad sigh)

14. GingerlyColors 6 Aug 2012, 12:02am

I hope that John Barrowman makes another appearance as Captain Jack Harkness in the upcoming Dr. Who series. I do feel however that some of the storylines are rather heavy, particularly for a family audience when compared to the original series up to Sylvester McCoy. I also enjoyed the spin-off, Torchwood, the first two series of which are the best but with the deaths of Owen and Tosh at the end of the second season and the murder of Jack’s beautiful boyfriend, Ianto Jones at the hands of child-molesting aliens in Children of Earth, I feel that Torchwood has lost it’s direction and I would like to see a return of Torchwood in it’s rightful place, Cardiff and not only Ianto but Tosh and Owen ressurrected.
    Having said that, Dr. Who and it’s spin-offs is Britain’s answer to the various Star Trek series from America and shows that the BBC is still a leading force in the world of programme making.

1. Shira Lansys 6 Aug 2012, 1:20pm