Tanzania: Gay rights activist found dead

1. Lynda Yilmaz 30 Jul 2012, 5:47pm

How sad. We should all remember how it is far too easy to complain about Church leaders and politicians whilst living relatively free lives in more modern worlds and people like this man face death in places where homophobia is more than just a word.

1. Spanner1960 30 Jul 2012, 6:36pm

Hear hear.
      Maybe if the likes of Peter Tatchell really want to do some good, they should try working in Central Africa instead of wittering on about minutiae here.

1. Or, you could go there yourself….?

1. Spanner1960 30 Jul 2012, 11:27pm

Why would I?
          Do I look like a) I am that mad, or b) I need constant attention and my face in the papers at every opportunity?

1. Do I look like … I need constant attention

In using this tragic news item for a spot of tedious and endless Tatchell-bashing, well yes, you do actually.

2. If the likes of Peter Tatchell weren’t ‘wittering’ on, there’d probably be people still being found dead in this country. Seriously, how long do people who read this website have to suffer your gobshlte comments.

1. Spanner1960 30 Jul 2012, 11:29pm

As long as I have to suffer Tatchell’s.
          My statement was a serious one: This poor man probably died as a result of his gay rights activism, which is something Skeletor has never had to contend with.

1. If it was not for gay rights activists this site would not be here Spanner.

3. instead of wittering on about minutiae here

Time to try your own medicine, perhaps?

4. Spanner, there is an advert on the main page of PinkNews every day.

It has a hangmans noose.

Click on it.

2. So brave.

3. GingerlyColors 30 Jul 2012, 9:41pm

Well done you bigots of Tanzania, you have just created another martyr. History is full of people who ave dared to stand up and be counted. Many oppressive regimes didn’t dare murder their dissidents which is why the likes of Nelson Mandela and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi are still with us today. No doubt there will be a government cover-up over the death of Maurice Mjomba but in doing so, Tanzania will end up biting the hands of liberal western countries which feed it.

4. What a terrible story. My heart goes out to his friends and family at this time.

5. Keith Farrell 31 Jul 2012, 11:17am

I think it is time in these countries where the church is preaching homeaphbia and people are getting murder for who they love, that the LGBT people start fighting back, an eye for an eye. take out the church leader one by one, starting with the most homophobic.
    sorry this is just my opinion, I am tired of seeing our people hurt.