Jon Voight backs Brad Pitt’s mother on anti-gay marriage letter

1. Wow. And who could possible imagine why Angelina Jolie can’t stand this vile old t0sspot and has nothing to do with him…

2. Robert in S. Kensington 12 Jul 2012, 5:21pm

Voigt has beens an avid homophobe for decades. He’s a bigot and a hypocrite, cheated on Angelina’s mother for which she never forgave him. He’s also a staunch right-wing republican, need I say more? He’s hardly worked much since Midnight Cowboy, not that he was any great talent. No loss to Hollywood I’m sure.

3. Jon Voight & Jane Pitt and the hatred they endorse are the very reason Brad and Angelina vowed to not get married until marriage equality was a reality. Too sad they have given up on their pledge.

1. I appreciated their efforts but I cannot overlook the wishes of their children either and asking minors to engage politically is a lot to demand of them.

Personally, I’m content to thank them for their efforts and wish the best for them and their family.

2. David Myers 14 Jul 2012, 11:19am

As I recall a lot of people on this site told both of them, “Thanks for your support but you should go ahead and wed if you want to and for the benefit of your kids”. I concure with these well wishes to this brilliant couple. They have stood up for us and made their position clear. They have my (and many others here) blessings to go ahead!

4. Looks like he’s been dipping his face in the chip pan.

5. Marcwebbo3 12 Jul 2012, 6:07pm

Didnt hear him complain when he was getting a blowjob from a guy in Midnight Cowboy…..stupid old fool

6. Ah, so speaks the model parent.

7. Well, what do you expect from a religious fanatic and a brainless moron(i.e. actor). I’m just surprised because he’s probably had more than his share of gay ‘flings’ in his day.

1. “Gay ‘flings'”? On what evidence do you base that assertion? Your oft-repeated belief that all actors are, because of their job, gay? For pity’s sake …!

2. Brings to mind his role as Ed in the 1972 movie, ‘Deliverance.’

8. I thought Jon Voight was gay. One of the ego dystonic variety I guess. Pathetic. But good for Brad and Angelina that they reject their parents’ values and can stand for what is the greater good.

9. “Jane has never wanted to talk politics with Angelina. She knew it would cause greater issues for them, and she wanted to try to have a relationship with the mother of her grandkids. She never thought her letter would be such a big deal.”
    Then she is stupid or dishonest, or both.

10. Pavlos Prince of Greece 12 Jul 2012, 7:31pm

He play John Paul II in the film. Are comments needed?

1. Look up the definition of ‘actor’.

(Cate Blanchett isn’t the daughter of Henry VIII, you know…)

1. Pavlos Prince of Greece 12 Jul 2012, 10:18pm

Of course, I know, what actors profession means . But I also know, that King Henry , one of my ancestors, have a very little common with gay rights (except ‘sodomy’ law),- in contrast with past Pope. Nota bene: the film about Karol Wojtyla was created by Mr. Berlusconi television company and have a ‘Imprimatur’ from recent Pope itself, the premiere of the film was taken in the apartments of Vatican. Well…are any arguments now needed?

1. That There Other David 12 Jul 2012, 10:25pm

Nobody alive today has Henry VIII as an ancestor ;-)

1. Pavlos Prince of Greece 12 Jul 2012, 11:18pm

Well, not direct and absolutely official. But I will not be too familiar here… Maybe in another circumstances.

2. And William II and the Empress Matilda and Queen Anne and several Pharaohs for good measure too, I’m sure.

11. We ignore fossils like these two – they’ve had their days – dark and gloomy days when actors like Rock H had to suffer in silence. As a teacher, the majority of youngsters today scoff at such discrimination! The dinosaurs eventually became extinct!

1. My sentiments exactly. As these bigoted cretins pass maybe the human race can move forward in human rights for all. It is a good thing these individuals could not instill their flawed values in their young.

2. David Myers 14 Jul 2012, 11:23am

Yes it is amazing how different both Brad and Angelina are from their respective and disrespectful parents – thank goodness for their basic human goodness which clearly surpasses that of their parents.

12. Jon Voight is a buffoon.

13. Suddenly Last Bummer 12 Jul 2012, 8:08pm

Jon Voight can’t commit to a heterosexual marriage so I don’t see why he should be offering an opinion, then again neither can Angelina or Brad for that matter.

14. bobbleobble 12 Jul 2012, 9:38pm

Yes, we should all respect the sanctity of marriage, just like twice divorced John Voight – effing hypocrite.

15. Do we still stone adulterers? for the bible tells me so!

16. Robert White 13 Jul 2012, 1:48am

“Angry Old Man and ‘Somebodies Mom’ against gay equity… Film at eleven!”

This deserved press… 8-)

17. Would love to have been a fly on the wall of Pitt/Jolie home when they found out about their parents and that letter!!!

18. This is a surprise given that he played gay in “Midnight Cowboy”

Thought he would have a more positive view. Such a shame.

1. He doesn’t ‘play gay’ at all, he plays an unfortunate fantasist who reluctantly engages in homosexual sex (or the prospect of it) out of financial desperation. The film’s ultimate message, that you can find camaraderie born out of loneliness, can’t possibly be confused with a positive approach to homosexuality at all, quite the reverse (how long is it since you’ve seen it?).

19. I cannot be bothered commenting on this except to say that he and that Pitt woman are looking publicity. Both to be ignored.

20. Unless something has happened that I have missed Braddock and Angelina are engaged and not married as reported in pinknews.
    They have been together for 7 years and have given steady support for same sex marriage. They made a pledge not to enter marriage until it becomes available to everybody but announced their engagement this year setting a date for August.
    I support them in what they tried to do but there comes a time when they need to think about what they want and what the needs of their own family members are ( bigoted old farts excluded).
    They have done there bit and to me it highlights just how important it is to some to have access to that title of being married.
    Good luck to them and I’m sure they will will continue to support our community.
    Angelina has distanced herself from her father because of his conservative views.

21. Jock S. Trap 13 Jul 2012, 9:51am

Surely the best thing to come from these two bigots is the fact their Children have seen whats wrong with their parents and campaigned for Human Rights and a better society away from the likes of Jane Pitt and Jon Voight.

22. Parents can be so embarrassing!

23. What happens to so people such Jon Voigt and Charlton Heston to so twist their perspectives toward engendering such hateful positions? Voigt should be on his knees with gratitude toward the gay minority since his biggest break (and only role of any depth) was Midnight Cowboy in which gay sexual themes were significant. How has this young actor transformed into such a bigoted old creep?

1. How long has it been since you saw Midnight Cowboy? Its depiction of gay people was anything but positive.

24. art Pearson 13 Jul 2012, 3:37pm

Well, I, for one, feel a ‘Midnight Cowboy’ boycott coming on. How about you. No more Jon Voight films for me.

25. Jim Edwards 13 Jul 2012, 4:02pm

What do you expect? They’re old.

26. Interesting that neither Mrs Pitt nor Mr Voigt have any words of censure for their children who are living together without being married. Horrors! Also, the unfaithful-in-marriage Voigt should be careful about throwing stones…and he should remember that Jesus said to put your own house in order before trying to fix other peoples.

27. Jon Voight? Hasn’t he gone off to the tar pits with the rest of the dinosaurs..?