Brad Pitt’s mother writes anti-gay letter to local newspaper

1. So?

I am not my mother and she is not me. Why should that be any different for Brad Pitt?

2. is this the SAME article that also has an addendum specifying that this is NOT Brad Pitt’s mother? just some woman with the same name.

3. she must be about what 80? 90? you will never change the views of those indoctrinated to hate for no reason at a young age, all we can do is to make sure it doesn’t happen to the children of our generation.

1. As Brad Pitt is 48 I think it highly unlikely his mother is 90 – more probably, given her Southern Baptist background and generation, around 70.

1. meh so I was out by 10, 20 years, shes still an old lady it is too late to undo years of indoctrination

1. Its never too late. People can always make a choice to seek help to deal with the psychological trauma of indoctrination.

Also 70 is not ancient!

2. Really, james? I think that is too broad a generalisation. Older people can be perfectly capable of reviewing and changing their opinions.

4. GingerlyColors 6 Jul 2012, 9:23pm

That woman is the Pitts!

1. Paddyswurds 7 Jul 2012, 12:03am

…and then some1

1. GulliverUK 7 Jul 2012, 4:09pm

Oh, it’s you. I agree with you, but I’ve deducted a point for your utter rudeness on the other thread. Whenever I see your name I will be deducting a point — voting your down — regardless of whether I agree with your statement or not. You see, I’ve decided that for the next three months I won’t contribute anything here in word form, but will be using the voting buttons instead – sort of like what happened to me the other day.

MOST other places on the web don’t have NEG buttons, only LIKE buttons, because NEG buttons discourage feedback in written form — how much easier for me to NEG you than actually use my brain and write a response. Remember “the very young do not always do as they are told”, and nor do older people.

1. Paddyswurds 7 Jul 2012, 6:35pm

@GulliverUK…
          ….”actually use my brain ” hmmm! When you find it that is.

2. Oh come now GulliverUK, you’re sounding paranoid and hysterical and I’m sure you’re better than that.

5. “Any Christian should spend much time in prayer before refusing to vote for a family man with high morals, business experience…”

Business experience? What planet is this woman on? Is the worship of money taken to such an extreme that ‘business experience’ is seen as a Christian virtue?

I wonder what ‘business experience’ she thinks Jesus Christ is likely to have had (on his CV, of course).

1. Well, his dad was a carpenter and his mother was a virgin. So I am guess an trainnee carpenter or an apprentice?

1. I’m not entirely sure what ‘business experience’ having a virgin mother would give you …!

2. I think if you check his CV, he’s a carpentry NVQ dropout… spent the rest of his life just hanging out with a bunch of mates dressed like a hippy preaching on street corners without making so much as a shoe rack.
        You can do that when you’ve got a famous dad!

2. “Any Christian should spend much time in prayer before refusing to vote for a family man with high morals, business experience, who is against abortion, and shares Christian conviction concerning homosexuality just because he is a Mormon.”

It was my understanding that Mitt Romney’s business experience involved a huge amount of carpetbagging, liquidizing assets and laying off the workforce.
      As for his conviction concerning homosexuality, he was lucky to have done what he did back in the 1960s when assaulting gay students with scissors whilst pinning them to the ground wasn’t generally seen as a hatecrime. If he’d done it today he would have some sort of conviction.
      Yes, he is a moron.

6. Dumb redneck.

7. Gemma Gillon 6 Jul 2012, 10:14pm

She has the same democratic right under the free press to have her veiws published as I do on this fourm. Grow up.

1. And she can be admired or ridiculed accordingly. You might also care to note this forum isn’t quite as public as the medium she chose to publish her views.

2. The beauty of freedom of speech is that other people are also free to use their freedom of speech to criticise and ridicule what you have chosen to say. You cannot cry the victim if they retaliate towards hateful things you have said first, something groups like ” ‘Christian’ Institute” fail to grasp. The moral of the story is if you have nothing nice to say then don’t say anything at all.

1. Absolutely

Its strange how some religious people like to exercise their freedom of speech, but hate other using theirs to criticise what they said

8. Sounds like Brad Pitt’s daughter Shiloh is probably going to be gay anyway, so I doubt the Pitt’s themselves feel this way. They’re letting her dress how she wants and have her hair cropped short.

1. Ahm, Shiloh just turned 6. While she may of course turn out to be a lesbian I think it’s a bit premature to say “probably”.

1. I know it doesn’t mean she will be, but it’s more than clear to me that the Pitts themselves couldn’t care less if one of their children was gay.

9. Oh please, there are more than enough medias out there- thankfully not mine, do we really need to give them MORE publicity

1. sorry i think its MEDEAS
      ie mums who murder their kids…ie republican gay haters…

10. Jesus Moran 6 Jul 2012, 11:50pm

Of course the bitch is from Indiana what else can you expect!

11. Paddyswurds 7 Jul 2012, 12:05am

….what is it with women and religion….

1. Tolerance 7 Jul 2012, 2:01am

Perhaps they wished they had been ‘virgins’ and brought their kids up in the same way.

1. Paddyswurds 7 Jul 2012, 6:36pm

@Tolerance…
        ….eh?

12. A great artist and activist with a not so great mother :(

13. BecauseI happen to quite like Brad Pitt, I am not going to say that you are a silly old mo and that you should not meddle in things about which you know nothing.
    Haven’t you got something else to do?

14. She’s inaccurate; not ANY Christian. Plenty of Christians do not agree with her position.

15. We are almost all embarrassed by our parents sooner or later.
    I would guess that the experience must be especially acute for Brad.

16. Jock S. Trap 7 Jul 2012, 12:04pm

Wow… a tad extreme…. a tad?

Another fruitloop, another day but sadly same sh!t!

As for Brad…. Get married already. I for one appreciate what you’re trying to do but this is Your decision and I say go for it!