Anderson Cooper publicly confirms he is gay

1. Congratulations on finally having the courage to come out, better late than never!

1. He’s been ‘out’ for many, many years – to those in his life anyway.

2. Surprise!!!

3. Jesus moran 2 Jul 2012, 4:52pm

Bravo Anderson we like you even more !!!

4. Robert in S. Kensington 2 Jul 2012, 4:57pm

Well done, Anderson, better late than never!

5. PrinzOtto 2 Jul 2012, 4:57pm

I think there’s an element at play here that I like. It’s a casual thing. He’s gay we all knew it and why should it be said. We’ve made our place in western life. So now he said it. So what has changed for anyone?

6. I wonder if Cliff will ever come out.

7. Anderson’s announcement reminded me of this cartoon scene

8. Jock S. Trap 2 Jul 2012, 5:31pm

Good for Mr. Cooper!!

Handsome fella too!! :)

9. Kornelijus Norvidas 2 Jul 2012, 5:36pm

Finally! But who is his boyfriend? No, not God.

1. sylvatica 2 Jul 2012, 7:39pm

He has a hunky boyfriend, Google is your best friend.

10. Kornelijus Norvidas 2 Jul 2012, 5:42pm

One beautiful gay splits with his ‘wife’, another – comes out. What a week!

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 3 Jul 2012, 11:33am

Are you calling Tom Cruise beautiful? Each to their own I guess but someone who’s poured millions into a cult that believes we’re all descended from lizard headed aliens should frankly be sectioned. He is also a very average actor.

11. hilarious, i just knew it!

12. Mumbo Jumbo 2 Jul 2012, 6:07pm

Foxiest silver fox in Silver Fox City.

13. And has Sean Hayes come out yet? or still in the closet?

1. sylvatica 2 Jul 2012, 7:38pm

He came out publicly a while ago.

14. Well done him. And he’s gorgeous!

15. Officer Dribble 2 Jul 2012, 7:51pm

A lot of people are saying, “I knew”, but surely unless someone confirms their sexuality, you don’t ‘know’, you only ‘think’.

Well done Mr Cooper. I certainly didn’t know, but then I’ve not seen your shows in the UK.

1. Exactly. That’s exactly what I always wanted that Jodie Foster, one of my greatest idols of all times, did. Everyone knows she likes women and had a girlfriend but we never heard she coming out with her own words.

1. Sam Maloney 5 Jul 2012, 7:28pm

Jody came out in a low key manner back in 2007– as always, an understated performance.

16. Excellent news – another positive rôle model. The explanation is brilliant as well.

Wonder when someone from Faux News will do the same !

17. Kornelijus Norvidas 2 Jul 2012, 9:36pm

I hope very much, it will be in some way in the talk in today/tonight AC360. Even I see, how shy our beautiful Anderson is. Marriage next? Maybe in New York?

18. Suddenly Last Bummer 2 Jul 2012, 10:31pm

*Splutters* What??!! No frickin’ way. Well I am surprised.

19. Congrats and well done!

We need more roll models like Mr. Cooper. I wish him all the best.

20. Even though so many people are saying it’s not news because everyone already knew he was gay I love when an alleged gay celebrity comes out publicly and the words “I am gay” come out of the person’s own mouth and not from the other people’s mouth.

21. What the fu*k is up with all that talk about being “blessed” and “thanking god”?! His sexuality has been an open secret for a long time so the only thing revealing here is his sky fairy delusion. Freak! I actually find him repulsive now. The straights can have you back wanker…

1. I find the references to Gaad more than a little creepy too, unnecessary at the very least – especially when it’s presumably the same Gaad that did not make it easy, until our own generation, for people to love to love others of the same sex.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 3 Jul 2012, 11:35am

I’ve said it before on here that it seems more than a little unsuitable to be thanking ‘God’ in relation to news like this or similar. The God squad ain’t so enthusiastic when they hear this news and quote endlessly from the bible the same old piece of shyte they always use as ammo against the LGBT community.

2. I think you are overreacting. I think Americans with quite vague religious beliefs (ie not dogmatic intolerant ones) come out with a lot of religiosity which (for example) similar Brits would not. I think it’s just a cultural difference. Some years ago a friend of mine came back from the US saying that she met lots of Americans who were uninhibitedly ‘pious’ and godly in their outlook who seemed to have no beef with different religions and lifestyles.

22. I’m delighted to hear this news.

Anderson Cooper is an excellent role model, and I love the way he laughs.

23. Anderson Cooper is an amazing person with his own unique style of doing things. As the son of Gloria Vanderbilt he sidestepped the notoriety of his family name to be a journalist by going to war zones to work free lance.

His level headed style helped him stay safe in many homophobic regions, where as he said he told the news about others as a reporter. His own story has been very much understated. Some may accuse him of being secretive which is hardly the case.

My favorite memory of Anderson Cooper is watching Will and Grace… Will said he was going to sit down with a fine wine? and share special time with Anderson Cooper… to which I think Grace replied “you and every other gay American!”… he was hot then and he’s hot now!

One of the most genuine and believable reporters who is dedicated to truth and reality in his work! Way to go Anderson!

24. GingerlyColors 3 Jul 2012, 11:12am

Welcome to the fold, Anderson.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 3 Jul 2012, 11:37am

You make it sound like a cult.

25. I love a silver fox! Sigh!!

1. Me, too, especially with blue eyes, swoon. My partner has the eyes but I think he will lose most of the hair before it all turns silver. Still, he has lots of other charms.