Pride London responds to cancellation rumours

1. The anti-gay Christian supremacist are busy spreading black propaganda (false information) about LGBT people again.

1. And what have anti-gay Christian supremacists got to do with this story?

2. I am sorry but I am sick of pride. They are liars.

I know for a fact that this statement isn’t true.

I know that pride had until the 7th of June to confirm that everything was arranged and payed for an lied.

I know that as of 3pm today Westminster Council had still not issued a license for the event and they were having an emergency meeting with pride.

I know for a fact that the policing plans are up in the air as, as of 3pm today, the presence of stewards and security was not confirmed.

I know for a fact that pride, have lied about sponsorship allocation and other logistical concerns to other charities involved in the event, purely to gain more cash for themselves.

I have never worked with a charitable organisation so dishonest and selfish.

1. Black Hawk Down 27 Jun 2012, 7:39pm

Stephen Gray wrote: “Organisers said in the official response today that the free event “never comes without its financial and logistical difficulties” and is managed entirely by volunteers.”

This is an untruth in itself. To take part in the walking group of the march, organisations need to fork up £50 – which has never happened before.

It looks like the squirrel Birrell resigned as head of Pride London just in time …

3. Julian Morrison 27 Jun 2012, 8:16pm

I thought this one smelled of unfounded gossip, and I was right.

4. Jock S. Trap 27 Jun 2012, 8:41pm

Pleased to hear all’s find and it’s going ahead!!! :)

5. Terry Stewart 28 Jun 2012, 2:07am

I have no reason to doubt what Mel has said and am looking at the statement issued by World/London Pride and it say absolutely nothing.

Heart of London is picking up the tab for Soho and the GLA are picking up the tab for Trafalgar Square. So all that WP/LP need to do is organise the parade. So whats the difficulty?

Half the collection on the day is going to WP/LP and the other half is going to the International LGBT organisation called Kalidescope.

Again I ask the question What happens to the huge amount of revenue raised from sponsors such as Smirnoff and the likes?

If everything is done on a voluntary manner, then where is the money going? When was the last time either WP or LP openned their books to public scrutiny. Me smells a very big rat!

1. There are so many LGBT groups that run on fresh air, in particular most London trans groups have no revenue at all coming in, so how could they ever afford a £80 community stall or £50 for a walking group?

I wonder do the old perks still happen for the PL board, pre event drink receptions, post reception stuff, special wristbands to get free access to places and events… if so how do they deserve to have them?

Time for the books to be opened up and lets see where that money goes… it’s only fair.

6. Latest is … via Westminster council that World Pride will be going ahead…but it will be scaled down, further information will be released tomorrow, it seems they also are having trouble getting any communication from Pride London, so it’s going to be a ‘Smaller World Pride … better than None ! ‘, But Pride needs to look at there organisation and the People who are charged with staging this event, something has gone very wrong !

1. Terry Stewart 28 Jun 2012, 3:02pm

I suppose they would be clutching at straws by saying “The World is a village so lets deliver a village style Pride”. Dont be surprise if some SpinQueen from LP/WP come up with such an argument lol!

7. OutMaturity 28 Jun 2012, 1:54pm

Why do we “procrastinate” so? No, I’m not just saying we as in “gay”.

I have worked on so many projects, business openings, fund raisers, etc. and EVERY time its the last minute putting things together.

I do it in my own personal life and it drives me crazy, but why do we do it in our professional lives too?! Just saying….

8. Black Hawk Down 28 Jun 2012, 3:40pm

It’s official – Pride London have cancelled floats and cars.

The parade is now called a “procession” and will start 2 hours earlier.

There won’t be any official Pride events in Soho and the rally in Trafalgar Square is being scaled back.

The spin on Pride London’s website is sickening, saying that they are pleased to announce blah blah blah as if it’s some kind of success.

I believe Pride London is finished as an entity. What an embarrassing shambles!

Poor sods who paid £2500 for a float. Will they get their money back????

1. Jock S. Trap 28 Jun 2012, 3:59pm

Most embarrassing indeed what with it being World Pride. We want to attract people to join in Pride event after this year like in other countries but I think this will put people off coming.

To the Pride London organisers…. this is a bad day for London, a let down if you will. You should have realised the scale of the event and planned accordingly. This was a case of show casing London and London Pride and alas you failed.

9. Black Hawk Down 28 Jun 2012, 4:29pm

Pink News are very slow in responding to the latest developments…. When are they going to write a follow up piece???

10. Boycott it. Its basically just a saturday night but with inflated drinks prices. Boycott boycott boycott!