General Mills opposes ban on equal marriage, angers anti-equality groups

1. God Bless General Mills for taking a stand against the anti-gay Christian Supremacist who want to oppress and bully LGBT people back into the closet instead of helping them get their equal and Civil Rights and freedoms like other Americans.

2. The snowball of equality keeps rolling – its unstoppable.

Time for more international companies, celebrities and leaders to stand firm and ensure equality is achieved.

Thank You General Mills.

1. GingerlyColors 17 Jun 2012, 9:27am

When it comes to major companies, we can vote with our feet and money. The Pink Pound (and Pink Dollar) has a lot of value.

2. Spanner1960 20 Jun 2012, 10:40am

“One Million Moms” will be choking on their Betty Crocker cake mixes.

3. Poor old Brian and Maggie of NOM. With so many companies in favour of eqality, they will be reduced to forraging in the wilderness.
    Notice how they never mention of boycotting Apple, Microsoft or Google.

4. Jacob Dugan-Brause 17 Jun 2012, 6:51am

Thank you, General Mills. As a respondent to this news said, you made a strong ‘business case’.

I might add we should remember that Minnesota (my natal state), has a progressive past when former immigrants from Europe set up cooperatives in farming and a socialist political party, Farmer-Labor Party, in response to the Great Depression.

Minnesota’s people are better than this silly amendment. I await their vote for sensible change and equality in November.

5. “Anti equality groups” Why would any sane being be opposed to equality.? Especially equality that doesn’t affect them?

Whats wrong with these people? It’s not as if the world is short of real problems? Are they just lucky but mean spirited people who have no real problems or anxieties?

1. Keith Farrell 17 Jun 2012, 9:54am

their problem is they think they are better than the rest of us.

6. Jock S. Trap 17 Jun 2012, 9:01am

Excellent… Well done General Mills!!

It’s good that this massive companies are willing to stand up and make a different by speaking out. Of course anti-equality groups hate people speaking out against them and we can be sure to expect the usual ‘throwing toys out of the pram’.

Clearly the boycott of Starbucks hasn’t made a difference, I mean who wants to drink with a load of bigots anyway.

It’s good that whereas years ago these companies were afraid to speak out in 2012 they see that fighting for equality bring them and the community advances.

A great day for General Mills, it’s employees and surely Minnesota.

7. GingerlyColors 17 Jun 2012, 9:24am

It is nice to see major companies signing up in support of marriage equality. I always saw Minnesota as one of America’s more progressive states and I hope that the population uses it’s common sense when it comes to the vote in November as I would not want to see pro-gay groups being forced to spend money in lengthy court battles to fight for what is a basic human right.

8. Keith Farrell 17 Jun 2012, 9:46am

I think this is a good idea, If the countries LGBT people had to boycot and company which sides with DOMA, then those companies would go out of business

9. That There Other David 17 Jun 2012, 11:18am

Call me cynical, but Bank of America (or Amercia as it’s apparently now called ;-)) made a similar statement in North Carolina. It didn’t make any difference.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

10. And the next step? If these large companies really want to make a difference, they would refuse to donate to an politician who supports these anti-equality measures. Guaranteed, when the money propping up these politicians starts to disappear, so will their appetite to promote such legislation.

11. All you have to do is watch a short video clip of Brian Brown from the National Organization for Marriage and you’ll see he’s another repressed, self-loathing man whose taking out his own internal conflicts on the rest of the world. I don’t care if he has seven children, he’s about as buch as RuPaul, or Marcus Bachmann for that matter (the ultra-queenie “husband” of Michelle Bachmann.)

12. Jim Fields Nashville tn 18 Jun 2012, 3:33pm

good for general mills and all of us . .but more importantly it shows that we are moving forward .. as I have to have my cheerios every morning I am glad to see that they have the courage to step up and show they know right from wrong
    .. and that we arent the evil beings that some like to say we are .. its a good day … for us

1. Yeah, this makes my Honey Nut Cheerios taste that much better. Thanks General Mills.

13. Spanner1960 20 Jun 2012, 10:37am

I wish the Americans would stop with their triple negative, reverse split infinitives.

Reading stuff like “opposing bans on not allowing the ruling to allow gay marriage”
    Does that mean they are for or against?

I had to read the article three times before I got the message.