Video: Internet radio host, 14, hacked after saying Obama was ‘making kids gay’

1. he is clearly so far in the closet

1. I thought the same thing, his own friends scared him because they had faced up to who they are.

2. Mumbo Jumbo 7 Jun 2012, 1:56pm

The lad doth protest too much.

3. Give it 5 or 6 years, he’ll be in San Fran waving a pride flag.

4. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 2:40pm

Here we go, making excuses for his behaviour

You only presume he is in the closet (and being in the closet does not excuse this behaviour in any way).

Did it ever occur to anyone that he is just a jerk?

“Animals are a lot like people, Mrs Simpson… some of them act badly because they’ve had a bad life, or have been mistreated. But, like people, some of them are just jerks”

1. I agree with you there, “he’s in the closet” is all to easy an excuse (even it does apply half the time).

5. I think he is the one that is sickening.

2. Being gay is not a crime and it is not a sin. Stop using God to justify your prejudice. Religion is about Loving one another. You’re just looking for an excuse to Hate.

1. Treat your neighbour as you would like to be treated. I wonder how he’d feel if we all told him that he was going to hell just for who you are.

3. so according to him everyone that allows homosexuals to have rights, or who tries to promote the rights of homosexuals, “are making kids gay”. Does he also think this about the United Nations Commission on Human Rights? I wonder what he thinks about all those countries who do allow gay marriage? I think the problem is that he’s not had anyone ask him these questions so he can stop and think.

4. Aw bless him. He’s clearly been brainwashed.
    He says it’s a choice (as do many others) and yet he offers no proof. And why does he want the right to convert me to his religion????

5. AleXander Madrigal 7 Jun 2012, 1:50pm

lol… he reminds me of the anti-gay politicians that always get caught with gay prostitutes or someone else of the same sex. lol.

1. Mumbo Jumbo 7 Jun 2012, 2:00pm

Ted Haggard – The Early Years

6. He’s kinda cute.

1. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 2:44pm

idiot

1. Disagree with you on many things – but you accurately and succinctly communicate my views on this one! ;-)

2. Puppies are Cute , not this Idiot .

3. Mumbo Jumbo 7 Jun 2012, 7:35pm

Are you a Roman catholic priest?

1. No, he’s just a homosexual – he is posting on Pink News.

As for the boy – he’s only 14, and just like he’s to young to consent to sex, he is also too young to be slagged off by the grown men on this website, so seem to be treating him as if he’s a grown man.

Leave him alone.

1. Nice thought, but he’s old enough to express his toxic views in a public forum (to an extent that we in another country can hear about it), so he can bloody well take the criticism he deserves.

1. Agree with you on this one Rehan. If he can dish it out, he should take whatever is thrown back at him.

2. he’s just a homosexual

You might want to note there are a number of non-gay men and women post on here from time to time.

7. Its funny how it says homosexuality is a choice and yet then goes on to talk about how people turning gay makes it harder for him to convert people to his faith. Religion is a choice, who you are is not. And another thing, he isnt being very christian when he automatically dumps his friends because they realise they are gay.

1. http://www.facebook.com/thecaidencowgerprogram just checked out his fb profile and something tells me this was just a publicity stunt. If it was then it was a very very nasty way for him to get publicity. Shame on him for trying to earn tacky publicity from jumping on the haters wagon. He is a disgrace to christians everywhere.

1. Paddyswurds 7 Jun 2012, 2:17pm

No he is perfectly in keeping with the views of the Abrahamic fantasy cults who believe there is a goblin in the sky who is going to save them from death.

8. I can’t even watch the whole video of the jumped up little prat!

I do not care how old he is, anyone who puts that kind of vile rhetoric out there for the world to see should expect any backlash that come his way, if he is old enough to dish it out as he has done then he is old enough to take it back

1. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 2:16pm

Agreed

2. He’s a 14 year old boy.

How old are you?

1. So you consider bigotry acceptable if it’s expressed by a minor, regardless of the fact his toxic opinions are even heard about even in other countries? Interesting, if unconvincing, thought.

2. I really don’t care about the fact he is 14! As I stated, if he is old enough to dish out his toxic comments as he has done then he should expect a backlash from people of any age.

My nieces and nephews who are all in their early teens are just as quick to criticize people like this boy who express these homophobic comments, does that make them bad people for doing so? No, it shows that they are better human beings than he is.

And for the record I am 35, not that my age will make one difference in this.

1. The beauty of freedom of speech is that you can say whatever you want, but everyone else has the right to criticize and ridicule what you have said. To many americans speak of having rights but they never want to take responsibility for what they have said.

9. B L Z Bub 7 Jun 2012, 2:06pm

Come back one your b@lls have dropped and we will talk about parental religious indoctrination and its hideous results.

Cretin.

1. Nice – yet more bullying on the comments thread.

He’s a 14-year-old boy.

How old are you?

1. A 14yo boy with an audience. How many people listen to you?

2. B L Z Bub 8 Jun 2012, 9:38am

10. Peter & Michael 7 Jun 2012, 2:09pm

Probably, another repressed homosexual, there are plenty of them about, spouting their hateful comments until they get caught in a restroom having sex with their pants down with another person of the same sex.

1. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 2:47pm

Your making excuses

2. He’s a 14 year old boy – not a grown man or adult.

Grow up.

1. If he can express his views in a public forum he can bloody well take criticism. Stop excusing his bigotry.

2. John, you really are missing the point here aren’t you?

11. Strange how his indoctrination means that he can say what he likes and doesnt need evidence to uphold it. Because there is no evidence to support his hate.

12. This is the kind of crap that gets kids beaten up because they are gay, and yes, he probably is a latent gay hiding deep in the closet. The real people to blame are the preachers that hurl their vitriole at the cay community.

1. Sorry folks, typo above. That’s at the GAY community

2. Rudehamster 9 Jun 2012, 3:49pm

I agree.
      This is not some odd throwaway comment by an idiot on the street. Instead it’s a calculated rant, playing to an audience, in a State stuffed to the gunnels with trigger happy idiots willing to go out on a little evening queerbashing: it’s the ‘since the law was stupid enough to stop lynching blacks n’all, them queers is the next best thing’ mentally. I’ve seen it first hand in both the US and you don’t have to go far to see the same viewpoint here in the UK. Like many who’ve been subjected to beatings from people who’d been encouraged by their Church / Pastor, I bear physical damage which continues 25yrs after the event. I didn’t die, but the damage will cut a decade or more off my life.
      Young Mr Cowden will probably be hailed as a hero amongst his peers and elders, if his rant led to serious damage being done.
      I’ve no sympathy for the odious little rat, or his parents. Christianity spawns just as many lunatics as Islam, et al…it just starts them much younger than most.

13. …. and just WHO taught this kid to be so good at HATING ??????

1. His parents should be prosecuted for child abuse.

2. Paddyswurds 7 Jun 2012, 3:16pm

@AndyAS…
      ……his phuct up religion and his equally phuct up parents, that’s who……

14. Kim Berlin 7 Jun 2012, 2:29pm

It is such a concern that his parents obvioulsy have the same beliefs.

Why do people of faith always peddled the most extreme forms of hatred?

15. This freak needs serious counselling, or maybe an increase in his cranial lead content. He’s already a sub-human waste of space, he’ll be far worse if he is allowed to grow up.

1. Carla Hendrix 26 Jul 2013, 4:31pm

what a hateful thing to say. You sound like Hitler.

16. Miguel Sanchez 7 Jun 2012, 2:34pm

Someone needs to give this kid a wake up call.

17. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 2:34pm

“Given his age, reaction to the boy’s radio programme has been mixed.”

He is 14 not 5 and he knows what he’s doing and should reap what he sows.

I am also continuously amused how people make excuses for this behaviour because of age or their presumption of closet status.
    Did it ever occur to anyone that he’s just a jerk?

If others want to mollycoddle the little cretin because of his age or presumed closet status, fine, then call forth for his parents to answer for his behaviour!

18. Cardinal Capone 7 Jun 2012, 2:35pm

Hardly surprising that there is a conservative republican radio show hosted by a 14 year old, since that is the average mental age of all their radio hosts, judging by their behaviour.

1. jamestoronto 7 Jun 2012, 9:37pm

More like the average mental age of most Republican period.

19. Come on people, this is a stupid child we are talking about here. Whoever said that he should not be allowed to grow up is no better than those who say the same thing about gay youth. An eye for an eye and soon the whole world will be blind. What the little idiot needs is enlightenment, a better education about how the world turns and to have his brainwashing reversed.

That said, sounds to me little our little dj/radio host is worried that his just descending testicles are causing him to be attracted to the wrong gender and he is trying to talk himself out of it.

Straight men, regardless of age, do not feel threatened by homosexuality or holding their wives purse if they are truly secure in their masculinity.

The child obviously is not secure about anything. No 14 year old truly has a clue about much at all…

1. A child who has his own radio programme and is respected enough to interview high ranking politicians.

To an extent he reaps what he sows.

1. Paddyswurds 7 Jun 2012, 3:19pm

We must take into account that he is from West Virginia, Mississippi Light….

1. Paddyswurds 7 Jun 2012, 4:03pm

….oooh sailor, someone doesn’t like backward, bigoted homophobic West Virginia being compared to the ultimate backward cesspit Mississippi, so they marked me down. I wonder have they been there ’cause I have and I can say for sure. you wouldn’t want to. Still stuck in the Civil War, in other words a hole.

2. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 3:04pm

You another fledgling defence attorney?

Yes the little cretin should be allowed to grow up. Nothing he did merits the death penalty. however what “What the little idiot needs is” a reprimand with a stern taking too, not mollycoddling.

“Attracted to the wrong gender” Wrong! Would you care to rephrase? In a nutshell your using gay as insult and your comment boils down to; if someone insults gays then we insult/call them repressed gays.

“Straight men, …, do not feel threatened” bollocks! I could cite several people in my circles that are straight and homophobic.
      “Mankind has always feared what it doesn’t understand”

And “No 14 year old truly has a clue about much at all”, is it funny how people assume other people are like themselves. You may not have had “a clue about much” when you were 14, but don’t speak for all of us.

3. Sorry, I’m not posting anything relevant to your comment but I just saw your picture. Can I just say that rain is my favourite kanji? ^_^

20. Jesus Camp 7 Jun 2012, 2:41pm

Decisions about religion should be left until a person is an adult and understands the implications of their actions.

21. Aryu Gaetu 7 Jun 2012, 2:43pm

I don’t care how cute the puppy is, no one likes a dog that constantly yaps at its own shadow.

If he is straight and there is a God, in 30 years, his Gay son will be the president of a university’s LGBT union.

22. Jesus Camp 7 Jun 2012, 2:46pm

Kids should not be brainwashed into a particular religion, but given a broad choice, including no religion, that they can make when they are an adult.

23. Homosexuality is not a “belief” — but religion is. No one is asking him to change his religion. Were he truly a conservative, he would know that he has no right to try to change gay people. Were he to spend more time learning, instead of preaching, he would know that homosexuality is not changeable.

Cowger also needs to know it is bullying to tell kids they are going to hell because they’re gay. His religious views don’t trump their rights. If he’s doing this while in school he’s crossed the line.

Cowger is under the mistaken belief that it not only is his right but his duty to “witness” to them, which in his mind means he is required to “convert” them from their homosexual “belief.”

1. He is probably home schooled, I doubt his religious cult parents would allow their precious offspring to spend time with devil worshippers and gays.

1. If that’s the case what’s shocking is that some dimwit decided to give him his own radion programme.

1. Oops, typo – ‘radio’

2. No one ‘decided’, anyone with the equipment can become an internet ‘radio’ host.

1. Oh I see, thanks for pointing that out – I should have read the article more carefully.

3. Paddyswurds 7 Jun 2012, 3:42pm

It is not a radio program in the accepted sense, …it is an internet podcast type thingy…see the whole sorry mess here and be sure to leave an appropriate message for the little queen….http://www.spreaker.com/user/caidencowgerprogram/the_caiden_cowger_program_51

24. Garry Cassell 7 Jun 2012, 2:58pm

I feel sad for this young guy…misguided by parents and his pastor…hope he doesn’t end up in jail because he decides to murder someone simply because they don’t go along with his twisted beliefs…sad,sad, sad…

1. Jail would be a good place for him, he can learn what being gay is all about!

1. I doubt being raped in jail (if that’s what you mean) is going to make him more understanding of gayness.

2. Paddyswurds 8 Jun 2012, 11:47am

@Sevrin….
        …….so you would advocate raping a 14 year old boy, a minor, in jail…. Says quite a lot about about you really, a lot more than we feel comfortable with. What makes you any better than him or if it comes down to it, the trolls who frequent this site on occasion?

2. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 3:40pm

I not his fan but nothing he did or said merits prison or rape.

Tell me Sevrin is being raped what being gay means to you?

Your comments only fuel the beliefs of idiots.

25. You know, he might believe [his] sexuality is a choice, but this precocious brat needs to listen to a few people with rather more experience than he has. I can assure you (and him), my sexuality wasn’t a choice.

1. No one’s sexuality is a choice, choice only comes in when you choose to accept who you are, or fight it and give yourself serious mental health issues.

2. Too true.
      I’d like to tell that jumped-up uninformed cretin this. I was raised in a homophobic ‘god fearing’ environment.
      My positive gay role models at school in the 80’s were precicely zero.
      I had it drummed into me at every turn by parents, preachers and peers that being gay was wrong, and that gay people were inferior perverted hellbound sinners.
      If gayness was a choice as I was going through my teens then I would’ve chosen straight simply as the path of least resistance, cause being gay back then wouldn’t have won me any popularity contests.
      Still couldn’t shift the gay thoughts. It took me far longer than it should’ve to come to the basic observable conclusion that gayness is not a choice any more than being left handed is a choice.
      The intervening years were what psychologists refer to as denial and they’re about as much fun as root canal surgery.
      That’s why fundie cretins like this FOX news pundit in the making make my blood boil.

1. Quite – even now it’s hardly as though in wretched West Virginia teenage boys are going to “choose” to be gay. Blood-boiling stuff indeed.

26. Paddyswurds 7 Jun 2012, 3:04pm

I have just two words to say about this in the closet little twerp; West Virginia! nuff Said…
    BTW. anyone want to go to the page that broadcasts his “show” and leave a comment here is the link; http://www.spreaker.com/user/caidencowgerprogram/the_caiden_cowger_program_51

1. it’s not there any more it has been deleted due to offensive comments

1. Paddyswurds 9 Jun 2012, 12:59pm

It has been deleted because of offensive content not offensive comments and rightly so..Do try to keep up, penfold.

27. yeah, I find that a big problem with not being able to convert other people to my religion

Yeah, and I have a big problem with ignorant little tossers trying to shove their backward beliefs down my (or anyone else’s) throat.

Still, this is West Virginia we’re talking about …

28. Probly he is just vomiting out what he has been made to swallow in his circle of adult role models.

1. Yes, all the more reason he shouldn’t be given a public platform for his ill-considered opinions.

29. That immature and incoherent boy is very confused and sorely lacks lessons in basic reasoning.

If you see gay kids/people that doesn’t mean straight kids are going gay, instead it means that they feel more comfortable and encouraged by modernity and social media to come out.

The fact that he thinks such a nonsensical creature as god exists is plenty of proof he hasn’t learned how to think coherently and based on evidence.

30. how can you turn Gay if your into Pussy 100%?

sounds like he is worried .

1. perhaps he meant beastiality?

31. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 3:35pm

I don’t care for it is ‘a choice’/’not a choice ‘ argument / defence.

If it is choice for some or will become a choice, it still would not excuse what he has said or any homophobic behaviour.
    “You have no right to change what I am!” – Galvatron

Yes, I was just gay it was not a choice, but say it is for some or tomorrow it becomes a choice (whatever magic or science your care to imagine to create an inhibitor/changer/cure/poison), then ‘it is’/’will be’ my choice I’ll choose to be gay.
    I’m not changing who and what I am for anyone!

1. I can see where you are coming from.

I don’t think its helpful to philosophize on how we would respond if orientation were a choice – because it isn’t.

1. Jesus Camp 7 Jun 2012, 4:08pm

This guy is a troll, aka peppa, ignore him.

2. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 4:41pm

You must address the issue Homophobia, instead of addressing their argument ‘choice’.

We have to address homophobia and that is all that we have to do!

1. I fail to see how pointing out that their salacious and false comments that orientation is a choice is not tackling homophobia!

2. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 4:28pm

It is short sighted not to address it. The argument being it isn’t a choice so leave us be. They refuse to believe it, so we seek to prove it. If they accept it, they move their homophobia from ‘a choice’ to we can ‘cure’ you.

Searing for ‘gay’ genes to prove it’s not a choice isn’t helpful. They could be used for prenatal gay gene foetus testing. Accurate or not it would lead to untold numbers of abortions, just like how foetuses are aborted because they female, e.g. China
      There is also the idea of gene therapy to ‘correct’ the foetus sexual orientation. Someone will extend the idea of doing this to adults & they will offer it weather is works or not just as they now offer prey the gay away ‘cure’.
      “It’s only then you realize, while you were talking about organizing and committees, the extermination has already begun. Make no mistake, my brothers. They will draw first blood. They will force their cure upon us.”

The argument must be choice or not, homophobia is not okay

1. Firstly, I think science has already demonstrated orientation is not a choice.

However, parking that for one second.

IF (and I do not believe it is) orientation were a choice – then homophobia would still be unacceptable.

Part of tackling homophobia is confronting the lies and deceptions that people speak out. That means confronting the issues of orientation being a choice (amongst many other lies they tell).

Homophobia is never acceptable.

Giving evidence as to why others hate inspired opinions are wrong, is always a good thing.

2. I don’t really think an xmen quote is valid. Sexual orientation is not a choice, homophobia is. Clearly this kid just needs an education outside what he has been given in his little religious bubble.

32. I don’t think it’s giving him an excuse to say that he’s probably struggling with his own sexuality – whether he is or not, it’s no excuse for such ignorant prejudice – but he certainly seems worried about something.

What difference would it make to him if he was surrounded by LGBT people? What little voice in his own head is he trying to smother?

And who on earth gave such an immature, insular little boy a radio show?? Next up, Caiden lectures us on how best to run the world and corrects all the mistakes made by adults everywhere. I hope he grows up and is embarrassed by what he said. He certainly needs to get out more and form his own opinions rather than swallow fundie propaganda as fact.

1. Paddyswurds 7 Jun 2012, 3:51pm

It is not a radio show in the accepted sense, it is an internet broadcast on a site called spreker. Anyone can record similar drivel and broadcast it on that same site… Btw his page has only 7 likes which say a lot really. probably not many listening outside his family circle. Some broad named Caitlin something or other seems to be the only female friend he has the rest seem to be elderly men….hmmm.

1. Thanks, Paddywurds. I was obviously taken in by the ‘professional (ie self-important) way he’s sitting there :D Even so, I shudder at his parents allowing him to broadcast such ignorant and prejudiced comments.

2. So, Caiden and Caitlin? Probably his sister/mother.

33. “I find that a big problem with not being able to convert other people to my religion and telling them homosexuality is condemned by God and you will go to Hell unless you repent. It’s getting to the point where I can’t say that any more”

I’m sorry, I know I should be taking this seriously, but that quote just cracked me up. I love when people say stupid stuff like “I’m discriminated against because I’m not allowed to discriminate against others”!

34. Christians throughout the world need to stand up and unite against Churches like the one this boy represents and condemn them in the strongest possible terms.
    They are frauds and not Christians at all. it is impossible to be saved and filled with the Holy Spirit and utter such ignorant, wrong and hate filled words.

35. It is belief that homosexuality is a belief. Get out of that one you vicious little twat.

36. Boy! Only in America! Lived there for 10 years in the 90s – nowt has changed – same pervading attitudes in a large proportion of the population depite what they may say. I was riding bikes and playing football when I was 14! Poor LGBT American kids….

37. A few cocks up his arse might make him change his tune!

1. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 4:50pm

And here we have the comment’s on the mob

2. Paddyswurds 7 Jun 2012, 5:13pm

@Neville…
      …..What an asinine comment. You hardly advance our cause with such a comment. Remember he is only 14 and in a lot of States of the US he will be a child til he is 18 or 21. Are you a TROLL by any chance ’cause you certainly sound like one….

38. Ignorant, nasty, attention-seeking little twerp. Most of us were obnoxious when we were 14 – fortunately most of us weren’t radio hosts.

39. This will be funnier when he hits puberty and starts coming out.

1. … or more likely stays in the closet and tries to convince himself that those constant hard-ons he gets in the men’s locker room are the work of beelzebub and if he wishes really really hard they’ll go away.

1. Paddyswurds 8 Jun 2012, 11:54am

@sevrin…
        ….You really are a nasty piece of work. First jail and rape, now suicide….. Wouldn’t you be better suited to the Daily Wail……?

1. No despite my mother’s attempts at indoctrination my innate gayness and intelligence has prevented me being a Daily Wail reader. I fully admit to being elitist though, and somewhat misogynistic, heterophobic and anti-religious.

40. brodaniel 7 Jun 2012, 4:34pm

Don’t look now, but he’s a 14 year old kid! He certainly sounds like Rush! (Is he an heir apparent?) He doesn’t know squat about what he’s talking about regarding sexuality. And putting evangelism (being able to witness) on the same level as bullying? Well, I don’t go to those churches. Right now it’s the novelty of having someone this young and articulate (though in my opinion misguided) making news. Some questions: How did he come to have a semi-professional studio? And where does he know 30 gay kids? He must be watching closely, because I bet those gay kids don’t even know each other! If he is closeted, I hope and pray he doesn’t self destruct as so many do…

41. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! Put these guy on stage because he is just hilarious !

He will be caught with his pants down one day with a guy in a toilet….

Don’t yous worry

42. Sad thing is these hillbillies believe this bullsh*t…. he probably still believes in Father Christmas and will grow up to marry his sister and have lots of webfooted children…. he should be out playing with his mates and w*nking behind the bins instead of spouting unfounded crap on the radio!!! He is one blowjob away from being gayer than Liberace !!!!

43. WantsToKnow 7 Jun 2012, 5:11pm

The kid must listen to a lot of Limbaugh… he’s developed a similar cadence… Beyond that, where does a kid of 14 learn all of this garbage?

44. In addition to the thousands of other things wrong with this kid, the notion that being able to convert people to your religion is a right is horrifying. Then again, that’s one of the immoralities of many Christian sects that sicken me.

45. I think we need to be rather careful here. Suggesting that he is in the closet, suggesting he might be raped etc, suggesting he return when he has hit puberty, this is not a sensible approach.
    He is 14. Making ad hominem attacks against a 14 yo is not cool at all.
    Rather the question that should be asked is why is he given a platform in the first place, what kind of parenting is it that puts someone that young in that kind of position, what kind of parenting is it that has engendered so much hatred in one so young.
    He is not the one that we should be asking questions about. Cut him some slack, he is 14.

1. Loving the use of critical thinking terms there :) xx

2. Cut him slack to an extent.

However, the legal age of responsibility in West Virginia (from what I can locate) is 13. If the law accepts that someone is capable of realising the difference between right and wrong of acts such as assault, harassment, disorder, theft, etc – then equally a 14 year old should be aware that bigotry and homophobia are wrong.

Clearly, some of his wrong thinking is due to his indoctrination and probably the parenting he has experienced. However, his impestuous arrogance and attitude have been endorsed by some well respected individuals. That should not have happened either.

I suspect he is being set up as some sort of folk hero by his parents, church and other fellow homophobes – that sends entirely the wrong message and will reinforce his bigoted views and make him lack perspective on what is right and wrong.

Now, that all said – he’s 14 – he should innately know the difference between right and wrong – and many other young adults and children are

1. able to judge what is right and wrong, despite wrong parenting (whether malicious, religious, criminal or otherwise). Many are able to recognise wrong things despite peer pressure. So, sure, I can recognise that the environmental influences on him may reinforce his wrong perception of what is right and wrong. However, this does not excuse his bigotry.

46. Charles Thompson 7 Jun 2012, 5:38pm

When did he choose to become straight. The ‘accepted’ view is that gays make a life choice. However that means that straights have chosen to be straight. Have not heard for many straight guys claiming when they reached the decision to come out as straigt

47. Those people don’t get it , we the gays don’t want to go to heaven with them , that would be hell.

48. oooooooh theh misguided……

49. Nawal Husnoo 7 Jun 2012, 6:10pm

It’s getting to the point I can’t bully, villify nor marginalise any more…

Misquotation Alert: This post contains irony.

50. Go home mr American boy….he know 30 gay lads….isnt he the lucky one…hes probably had them all as well…i dont know 30 gay guys….
    Come back and make your opinion when you have hair on your chest….and your voice is broken….little boy…..

51. 1. You can’t make someone gay.
    2. Why do Christians always feel the need to convert people to their religion? I’m sure in this day and age if we wanted any information about how to make ourselves more prejudiced by joining a new faith we could seek this information for ourselves. This little boy needs a less biased and more open upbringing and education.

52. I was also embarrassingly stupid when I was 14. You need wise and vigilant adults to steer you firmly in the right direction at that age.

Brainwashed, confused kid, being given access to a platform and affirmation for spouting the party line. Too much for the fragile adolescent ego, with its limited outlook, to deal with in the proper way.

And trying to cope with puberty when you have been indoctrinated by a hellfire and brimstone Pentecostal Baptist chuch can’t be easy. No matter what his sexuality may be.

It’s a pity really his silly broadcast has been given the kind of attention it would have received had he been an adult.

Let’s hope he escapes from all that religious nonsense as soon as possible, before it does him irreversible damage. It is child abuse to inflict this kind of religious fascism on the young.

53. This reminds me of that other child who knows nothing about the word….Justin Bieber..when he made that infamous remark that being gay was a choice and that women who are pregnant through rape should have the child!

1. theGentleWarrior 7 Jun 2012, 6:35pm

Women who are pregnant because of rape should have the child

1. by what logic? by whose mandate? a gentle warrior you are not… you are trying to impose your beliefs and moral standards on others. That is not a gentle attitude to others.

2. They should only have the child if that is their choice.

The rape was not their choice, do not take their choice away from them about whether to keep the child or not.

54. I did something similar at school when I was 14. Then I accepted I was gay.

55. When I was his age I just assumed I was straight because I was into boxing and fishing, and loved war books:-)

The fact that I enjoyed those wrestling games with other lads so much didn’t seem relevant, at the time.

56. Seriously, when did we start listening to 14 year olds? He is regurgitating the OLD arguments of the far right wing religious people he’s probably been forced to listen to since birth. Even they have evolved their arguments beyond this rant – which still don’t hold up to basic reasoning!

It’s funny how presidents can “make kids gay,” and yet in countries where the leaders are overtly homophobic those pesky gay kids still keep cropping up. Their solution is to kill and imprison them, which does nothing to curb the existence of gay people, but it makes prats like this feel better – which is obviously what is important.

Although, this boy is not in support of killing or imprisoning gays, or bullying them apparently, provided your definition of bullying doesn’t include the words humiliating, degrading, insulting or demeaning – because they’re all okay.

Total idiot, no doubt encouraged and given confidence by the myriad of other idiots that fill his every day life.

57. Ah…another 14 year old closeted person denying his own sexuality. I feel bad for this person. One of my friends is EXACTLY like him and he so obviously gay too. I’ve caught him at a gay bar and looking at other men. He still says the exact things that this kid in the video does.

I blame the parents and his surroundings. Maybe when he grows up he can calm down and accept the fact that gays ain’t going nowhere and that is is NOT a choice.

58. talk about brain washed… the pentecostals do a good job on their kids. I guess he went to Jesus Camp a couple of years ago and met Lou Engle.

59. Although he has removed it from the net, I have uploaded it to SendSpace. Everyone should see this and here is the download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/km4qgp

1. Rudehamster 9 Jun 2012, 3:30pm

As always, my dear Owl, thou art quick off the mark.
      An abundant bowl of hamster hugs,
      xx

60. I never have understood why we rely on the argument that being gay is not a choice to legitimize ourselves. It shouldn’t matter one way or the other if it inborn or a choice.
    The principles of a liberal society allow people to make whatever choices they want, so long as they are not harmful to others (or arguably in some specific instances to ourselves)

By arguing for thr legitimacy of our sexuality by saying we were born this way is a case the naturalist fallacy. This fallacy argues that just because something is, then it can become an ought. Not so. Values don’t derive from facts.

For obvious reason it is an argument that has some appeal, especially for some of the more liberal but illogical Xians. But it can backfire. A fundie can retort that being born with an angry personality does not legitimize a person’s anti-social outbursts.

We shouldn’t use their faulty logic to argue for our civil rights. The values of liberalism guarantee our rights, not the naturalist fallacy.

1. It is as true that I am born a white person as I am born gay.

I can not change my race.

I can change my nationality – but I can not change the fact of where I was born.

I can decide who I want to try and have a relationship with, or decide whether to have a relationship. I can not decide to change my orientation.

Given that some matters are unchangeable – and one of those is orientation – it seems logical to be able to respond to prejudice and discrimination that is not based on fact, to respond with facts.

Sure, any argument can backfire – usually depending on who the people having a debate are. However, the risk of backfiring is not a reason to abandon a legitimate avenue of argument..

61. Well two things come out of this video.
    1) He’s 14 years old and knows nothing about the world; and clearly has little understanding about any issues. That little video was simply watching a child spout off about things he can’t comprehend.
    2) He’s clearly been brainwashed in the usual claptrap about religion.

All in all, he’s doing his own future a lot of damage, as those videos will follow him in any career he chooses, although I’m sure he’ll make a very rich preacher.

62. It amuses me, this argument of becoming a homosexual as the choice is offered to you in Middle school. Does it not occur to people that sexual attraction is only begins to properly establish itself in a human being around this age? Children DO NOT have a sexuality, because their bodies are not ready for it.

1. Well, yes and no: I can quite truthfully say that I knew perfectly well I was more attracted to boys than to girls long before puberty. By 14, most definitely. (I don’t know to what degree this advances the present debate but I throw it in there anyway!)

1. I can remember having a crush on a male TV presenter when I was 9 or 10.

1. Paddyswurds 8 Jun 2012, 12:04pm

@Stu…
          ….I got one of those large hard back annual type books for Xmas when i was six and it was about this boy and his dog who lived near a forest. It was my first inkling, altho I wasn’t aware of it at the time, but in hindsight I also had a crush on the boy and still think about him and the book 50+ years on. Unfortunately I don’t have that book anymore….8(

63. Clearly some Americans are also being encouraged to be ignorant bigots

64. What a prat!

65. I feel very sorry for this young boy. He’s clearly been the victim of the worst sort of child abuse. Since the child abuse has come from a church, tragically, there’s no way under the US Constitution to put a stop to it.

66. Since when has a 14 year old spotty teenager ever been considered mature enough to dictate to the rest of the world? Some day he’ll deservedly get his commupence for his hate filled speech- cause their ain’t no smoke without fire.

67. if you can understand and accept others, you dont feel personally attacked,disadvantaged,anxious and confused about their ignorance!!!! be yourself, be love, joy, and live from your heart…gay pride~*

68. An unhappy gay young man who has been brainwashed by Penticostal adults into believing in hate and their usual anti-Christ doctrine.
    No further attention or publicity should be given to any other hate message or braodc\asts he puts out. He needs to grow up and stop interferring in matters that he does not understand or fully know about

69. Kaitlyn M. 8 Jun 2012, 6:27am

This video sickens me… I can’t believe youth is still like that toward homosexuals today. I thought it was an older generation thing.
    When i came out to my parents two years ago, they hated me. They kicked me out, they called me vulgar names, but theyve slowly started accepting it about a year ago. I know they aren’t happy about it, but at least they’ve accepted it. They are not homophobic. They have plenty of close gay friends, but I understand as being their only daughter it was a shocker.. That year was the hardest thing I’ve even been through. I cried and rebelled everyday.
    Being gay is not a disease. I am a 17 year old lesbian who’s been in a serious 3 year relationship with a girl who stole my heart. And I could not be happier.
    So little homophobic kid, you need to stop being so incredibly ignorant and love the world for what it is. We are not animals. We are people just like you, except not so close-minded and judgmental.

1. Sorry you had such a rocky time of it coming out, and I hope it’s getting better for you now.
      But it proves my earlier point, that anyone that imagines gayness is some fad we tried on for size cause we were bored/ all the cool kids at school are doing it understands sweet FA about human nature.
      No-one puts themselves through the wringer of growing up gay in a hetronormative and often homophobic environment without good reason.

2. Paddyswurds 9 Jun 2012, 8:05pm

@Kaitlyn M. …
      …He is, we must remember, from West Virginia which is alongside Mississippi, the most backward, uneducated state in the United States, and is peopled by the most ignorant, bigoted cretins that ever chewed straw. Remember Deliverance with Burt Reynolds and his two companions. that is the sort of person we are dealing with here…..He will probably end up living in the woods out of his mind on moonshine once he realises that being homophobic does not cure his very obvious homosexuality.

70. Thomas Dupont 8 Jun 2012, 12:24pm

“I find that a big problem with not being able to CONVERT other people to my religion”

And we’re the ones making people gay?

71. a 14 year old boy talking like this is clearly brainwashed by his parents and his church. Shame he grows up with hate and bigotry. At 14 I allready new I was gay and it certainly was no choice. What person at that age chooses a life of beeing harrased and offended end ending up hating their religon cause its them who make their live miserable

72. He’s a Rush Limbaugh mini-me, another bloviating ignoramus.

By the way, where did you get all your experience with homosexuality? Been there, done that?

73. Jock S. Trap 9 Jun 2012, 1:23pm

Sooo sad to see someone so young whose clearly being taught to discriminate and show bigotry.

His parents should be had up in court for child abuse!!

74. Paddyswurds 9 Jun 2012, 7:25pm

Great news today. Spreaker, the website which hosted the homophobic little twerps twice weekly show has dumped him and deleted his page, because ” due to offensive contents” Seems there are some sensible people at spreaker.

75. Omar Kuddus 10 Jun 2012, 3:12am

Unfortunately Cowger is back as a broadcaster on Spreaker. He claims to be compliant with the terms of service.

1. Paddyswurds 10 Jun 2012, 11:41pm

As of 11.38pm sunday Caiden Cowger is Not back on the air, but his page is available. however all previous episodes of his hate filled rhetoric have been deleted by spreaker. it remains to be seen whether or not he will rebroadcast or stick to spreakers rules….

76. Of all the spurious, illogical and downright ludicrous anti-gay ‘arguments’, the whole ‘being gay is a choice’ thing has to be the most enraging… why why WHY would ANYONE choose a lifestyle which involves being harassed, singled out, bullied, stared at, abused, etc etc!! Why!!! Sorry for the shouting… this just really ****s me off!