Video: Pastor ‘had death threats’ after child’s song about ‘no homos in heaven’

1. Did he report it to the police? Did he contact the FBI as death threats may even be a federal breach. Or is he just flapping his chops to make himself seem the victim (a common ploy).

As for his “god” – a bronze age desert hobgoblin. Just psychotic, savage, brutal genocidal filth with a mind-bioggling fascination the with tip of guy’s junk. Fiction’s greatest mass murderer. And not fit to lick my boots.

1. this ‘god’ isn’t a fictional mass murderer. He is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths in the wars his deluded freak followers started on his ‘orders’.

1. Spanner1960 31 May 2012, 6:46pm

How can an imaginary deity be held responsible?
        Those deaths are not due to God. They are due to gullible men who choose to believe in him.

2. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 6:01pm

Turns out the pastor ( or someone) was lying. From Joe.My.God:

2. Inciting children to commit hate crimes should be an imprisonable offence. Nice to know his home is empty right now, shame I can’t go burn it down.

1. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 4:41pm

You’re the sort of person that does make others sympathise with him.

2. DJ Sheepiesheep 31 May 2012, 5:11pm

Some concerned person could super glue his locks….and the locks of the church door too. The sentiments shown in this church, both the words used by the child and the applause from the congregation, are the kind of Bible Belt/Redneck hatered that encourages brainwashed idiots to commit homophobic atrocities like the murder of Matthew Shepperd. What is that creepy little brat going to grow up to be? Under the influence of that church, I dread to think.

1. They also inspire you and “Sevrin” to fantasies of criminal damage. Feeding (deliberately?) the real martyr syndrome of these whackos.

3. “the natural use of a woman”???

wtf???

1. Property, denigration, marital rape, murder for being found not a virgin on her wedding night…

…and if your upset by that you “just don’t read the word of God”.

2. I know; the verse barely makes any sense to begin with. I can’t tell what I’m reading or what it’s trying to say. But I’ve always been skeptical about the epistles, especially when they were cherrypicked and voted upon by a Byzantine theocratic committee.

4. Right, not the first time we have heard that from homophobes. They play the death threat card purely to make us look bad.
    I have news for you ‘Pastor’, where you might have had the odd threat, we are actually being killed wholesale in some countries, and bullied to death in others. You need a sense of perspective and a re-read of your precious Bible.

5. Well, I certainly think this pastor should spend some time in jail to promoting hate speech and inciting violence and discrimination against GLBT folks.
    He might just get to experience gay sex first hand…lol. That might be karmic justice.

6. No homos in heaven, but you get to spend eternity with people like this and the Westboro lunatics:-)

7. Annoyingly, the song is actually catchy. But why is it whenever I read an article like this, where people say homosexuals are going to hell, and they need to teach their kids this, I really need to punch one of them in the face and say “If being gay was a choice, then who would chose it? Who would chose a life of discrimination and abuse on a nearly daily basis? Who would chose this lifesryle wheere they could lose everything? Family? Friends? Why? Because it’s not a choice!”

1. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 4:43pm

You make good points except for the violent reaction

1. DJ Sheepiesheep 31 May 2012, 5:15pm

Really, AC? I for one don’t want to see a Yad Vashem type of memorial to LGBT folk just because we didn’t put up much of a fight. Which world do you live in?

1. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 5:29pm

One where an eye for an eye makes everyone blind. And there are already a number of memorials to the LGBT victims of violence and the holocaust.

By venting the hatred that these people’s actions inspire in you, you simply allow them to appear as victims, which diminishes their accountability and lets them off the hook. But maybe that is your intention and you are really a troll.

1. DJ Sheepiesheep 31 May 2012, 11:33pm

Rubbish. You are all rhetoric over substance. I’m glad my safety isn’t dependent to on people like you.

2. I would like to point out i am normally a pacifist, but stories like this make my blood boil

2. Paddyswurds 31 May 2012, 7:47pm

@Josh…
      ….”“If being gay was a choice, then who would choose it? Who would choose a life of discrimination and abuse on a nearly daily basis? Who would choose this lifesryle wheere they could lose everything? Family? Friends? Why? Because it’s not a choice!” No-one chose to be Gay, they were born that way…. Chose or chosen is past tense as in “he was chosen to plat goal or he chose to play goal”.

8. This is an old trick the anti-gay Christians use to point the finger at gays when in fact the person or people who make these death threats are the anti-gay Christians trying to make the gays look bad. This is a psychological warfare trick called black propaganda. It is used by evil people who want to destroy their real or imagined enemies, in this case these sick evil anti-gay Christians are really insane but put up a front like they are normal.

1. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 4:45pm

Very true, I hope the person posting violence here is a troll.

9. Death threats ?!?. Strange how this comes up so regularly in the press. Someone posting anonymously on the Internet a silly comment like ‘I would really like to kick your head in’ or something similar suddenly becomes a death threat in Tabloidese !

10. Imagine for a moment that this pastor’s God exists: Pastor dies and is met at the Pearly Gates by the “Good” Lord himself.
    God: Welcome my child. What have you done that you should be allowed into my Heavenly realm?
    Pastor: I preached Your Word to the people My Lord.
    God: And did the people listen?
    Pastor: oh yes, Lord. They clapped and cheered.
    God: And when you were challenged did you stand up for your beliefs in the face of adversity.
    Pastor: Well…kinda…
    God: Kinda?
    Pastor: Well… I went on holiday instead?
    God: Fail.

11. One of the downsides to being a known child abuser can be death threats.

12. NutjobsareeverywheretheUNtoo 31 May 2012, 4:45pm

Making a child sing that is child abuse !! What if that child realises he’s gay as he grows he could be so disturbed by the actions of these people from the dark ages

1. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 4:49pm

It’s indoctrination. I’m not sure it amounts to abuse.

1. Inciting a child to commit a hate crime, is abuse.

1. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 5:52pm

Since you keep threatening to commit hate crimes yourself, that’s quite an ironic comment,

1. HEY BIGOT – FUK OFF – OR US FAGS WILL FIND YOU AND FUK YOU OVER MATTHEW 1;3

HOWS THAT FOR A BIBLE HATE CRIME
            oh that isn’t in your bible – well it’s my interpretation of mine!

2. You’re a troll. Bet you’re religious too. How can we take any of your comments seriously when you’re certifiably insane?

2. Spanner1960 31 May 2012, 6:51pm

Saying we won’t go to heaven is not a hate crime considering there is no heaven.
          It’s like saying if you’re not good Santa won’t bring you any presents.

2. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 4:55pm

On reflection though, if the cheers make him think he is being rewarded for being homophobic, he could grow up being a queerbasher like those that murdered Matthew Sheppard, which will destroy his life as much as those he attacks. So maybe it is potentially abusive to reward him for this behaviour.

13. Despicable child-abuse. These lot are as bad as the catholics!

1. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 5:50pm

What a plonker Matthew Parris is. Never heard of bisexuals.

2. No it doesn’t make my blood boil because Matthew Parris Is talkin thru his arse. He says he has slept with straight men….. straight identifying men. And then goes on to say that there is a category of self identifying gay men. It seems to me that is confirming that being gay is a category. It is a deconstructionist error to believe that there were never men down through history who, like we all know about ourselves, wanted only to be with other men but through deep fear (itself an actual social construction) did not identify as such and hid themselves in marriage or in monasteries or at sea etc

14. Shocking child manipulation. We are meant to believe that children really only safe in the hands of all hetrosexuals? I don’t think so!

15. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 6:04pm

Turns out there were no death threats and this is the usual black propaganda to make the persecuted look victim.

” “To my knowledge, there are no death threats at this time,” Decatur County Sheriff Gregory Allen told FoxNews.com. He was responding to a report on TMZ.com that Jeff Sangl, pastor of Apostolic Truth Tabernacle Church in Greensburg, Ind., had received death threats after the video hit the Internet Wednesday. Allen told FoxNews.com that Sangl, who has left town and could not be reached for comment, contacted the department and asked him to keep an eye on the church’s property following the surfacing of the video.” – From Joe.my.god .

PN should research more before repeating damaging allegations like this.

1. Archbishop Cranberry 31 May 2012, 6:05pm

That should read persecutor, not persecuted!

16. I wouldn’t want anyone to get death threats – but I hope the messages were rude in the extreme.
    And I hope the kid doesn’t end up either a homophobe or badly in need of counselling – or both.

1. Spanner1960 31 May 2012, 6:53pm

Who knows? The kid may turn out to be gay himself.
      That would be truly ironic.

1. It’s possible who knows? It’s safe to say his father certainly will be a self hating closet case.

17. Let’s see, they cheer gay people being banned from Heaven, but squeal like stuck pigs when someone threatens them. Ah, too bad. I have no sympathy for phony Christians.

1. I have no sympathy for religious (read: insane) people at all.

18. That equates to using children like performing monkeys, entirely for the cruel delight of “adults”.

Utterly sickening.

19. This just sick… i feel so bad right now. Seeing an innocent child sining this and his parents cheering with the other members of the church makes me wanna burn that church to the ground.

This if anything should show people how sick most of religions truly are.

Ps. this pastor deserved all the threats he got

1. Archbishop Cranberry 1 Jun 2012, 3:13pm

P.s. He didn’t get any. As you know.

2. It’s just the troll again.

20. Well i must say I’m looking forward to hell. seems like their idea of heaven would only appeal to bigoted scum like them anyway. Unlike them I’m not afraid of what will happen in the afterlife because I haven’t been brainwashed to think some bigoted unjust bully is god.

21. Paddyswurds 31 May 2012, 7:48pm

Once again as always religion raises its evil ugly hate filled head and even the innocent are corrupted by it….

22. That child needs to be taken into care and as for the poor “victim” pastor claiming “death threats” these should always be checked out by the police to see if they are for real or imaginary.

1. By the sound of it the death threats like his god are imaginary

23. I felt physically sick when I saw this video… I can’t believe a child as young as three would sing this, not even understanding what it means, and then have a whole room of people encourage him with applause.

The person who said ‘The people who are upset just don’t read the word of God’ is just another classic case of choosing which parts of the bible suit them.

Be right back, I’m going to stone my neighbour to death because he is gardening on a Sunday.

24. Oh dear…. the hater is being hated. Boo hoo, now maybe he realises how it feels to be on the receiving end of hate. I have zero sympathy.

25. No gays in heaven huh?
    Maybe someone should forward them this link…

1. I used to work in it….placed was crammed to the rafters with ‘homos’ 6 nights per wekk

26. I cannot f***ing believe this!!! He’s a child for crying out loud why are they doing this???

27. This made me feel sick. It is so awful to see a children being taught to hate at such an early change. Of course I knew it was happening, but to see it so clearly actually made me aware of it. It came as a painful shock…

28. darkmoonman 1 Jun 2012, 3:19pm

He “heard” death threats the same way he “heard” the voice of god telling him to spreead hatred in Jesus’ name. It’s called “psychosis” and they have medication for that today.

29. he no more received credible death threats than that douche Julia Gasper did in the UK…. a couple of cry babies if ever there was.