50 Cent is 100% for gay marriage but not gay men that touch ‘your little buns’ in elevators

1. Seems to me like someone is just jumping on the bandwagon here. If this man really was for equality then why make those stupid comments about having buns touched up?

Me thinks someone has been out of the press for a while!

2. This man’s mental dexterity never fails to astound. Is he missing his prefrontal cortex?

3. With comments like that, I’m quite happy for him to be against gay marriage. Nobody cares what 50 cent thinks, my left testicle has more influence than his entire existence.

And for someone who has been the “victim” of a shooting to perpetuate the idea that gun violence is somehow funny (or a reasonable response to being insulted) is horrendous.

4. They already have an organization for this, its called the Police. Its sexual assault, and something none of us have to tolerate.
    Anyway i think he protests to much..

1. For one not interested in homosexual relationships at all, he’s quite vocal about it.

5. Sounds like a guy who both recognises that homophobia is outmoded, outdated and see as culturally and ethically unacceptable – but who just can’t quite help himself!

As for the issues of sexual harassment that he mentions – there are organisations that would support him if he were to fall victim to it. Equally there are organisations that would help LGBT people is he decided to “organise a “shoot-up” at the gay couple’s wedding”. The police would probably be interested in both events.

The way he words his comments is a bit like someone saying they are not racist – that they believe only a fool would go against antiracism – and then says that there needs to be organisations to protect society from certain racial influences.

50 Cent doesn’t even really try hard to sound supportive or to sound lacking in homophobia.

The very best things we can take from this are a) at least 50 cent is not (publically) against equal marriage and b) there is a strong movement that shows bigoted

1. views are not acceptable.

Times are changing and they will show up some very odd things along the way – like 50cents comments.

6. olivia kaged 19 May 2012, 4:29pm

Someone wants to remind 50 Cent that they’re people who feel the same way about black people. Unless he’s willing to put up with racism then he really shouldn’t discriminate. Oh and as for his comment about sexual harrassment, yes then woman need the same protect from straight men. Shame with all his money that he didn’t buy any education classes, he must be rather stupid and undereducated. Discrimination is wrong, he claims he use to be a victim to racism in school a few years ago but he’s okay to discriminate himself?

7. Oh dear someone is suffering from delusions of grandeur aren’t they? Honestly mate don’t worry about a gay man touching you up in an elevator……I can’t ever see that happening!

1. “What’s that touching my ass in this elevator? Oh that’s ok it’s a 40 foot bargepole. Funny, just for a moment there I got this crazy idea my buns were irresistable to all gay people”

8. I’m not in favour of sexual harassment either… a fairly redundant remark by 50 Cent lol.

9. He is up for equal marriage as long as everybody else is… Right…

And as for the buns comment, do gay men need protection against heterosexual women too?

It’s good that his attitude is changing, however slightly, but this man clearly still has some major issues with homosexuality.

10. Times they are a’changing. Even homophobic @$$h0les are starting to support gay marriage.

11. So there we have 50cents worth…

12. Spanner1960 19 May 2012, 5:01pm

I wouldn’t touch his little buns if he was the last thing left on the shelf at Greggs.

Pompous arsehole.

13. Yeah…he couldn’t get me to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

14. If he was English he would probably have named himself TWENTY FIVE PENCE!

1. or Tuppence maybe?

1. He was certainly smallchanged somewhere… I reckon between the ears.

2. And if he was a English wizard he would probably have named himself ONE SICKLE AND FOUR KNUTS!

Damn, that was hard. I hope my math is correct.

15. “a fool is going to go against same sex marriage at this point”

So because it is popular to support gay couples marrying – then you will not speak against it, 50 cent?

So, if public perception changed, you would think differently?

Were you comments amix of what your public relations team told you and partly your own words – you betray your real views by the stupidity of your comments

16. 50 cent once claimed he that you could never be aggressive if you were a gay man.

Well if the gimp wants to choose a bad alley somewhere then name the time and place and I will arrange a demonstration of just how much attitude and aggression a gay man can have!

1. He certainly doesn’t know Ancient Greece.

17. Tony Testicle 19 May 2012, 5:23pm

Stupid black male. The world is full of them. See Africa: Dawn of history – Present.

1. Blanche's cheesecake 19 May 2012, 5:31pm

He is stupid

It has nothing to do with his race

There are some stupid people in Africa

There are some wonderfully enlightened people in Africa too.

Your bogus links between race, a continent and stupidity are stupid in themselves and racist.

2. Anthony M. 19 May 2012, 6:15pm

What a perfectly horrid thing to say…

3. jamestoronto 20 May 2012, 5:14am

The beauty of stupidity is that it knows no racial boundaries. There are plenty of stupid whites and Asians as well. A great deal of idiotic comments are coming from a lot of white Americans and Britons lately.

4. I must offer my condolences for you having the brain that deemed it a good idea to call yourself ‘Tony Testicle’.

Other than that, you seem like a TRULY delightful person -.-

*shakes head in despair*

5. Bollocks. Or, in your case, bollock.

18. Steve Newman 19 May 2012, 5:34pm

Dream on 50. As if!!

19. Yeah, yeah, whatever. He’s still a c*nt.

1. oh look misogynistic form of abuse

20. It seems Obama’s evolution on marriage equality is having a positive influence on the culture. I was hoping that would be the case. Slowly but surely enlightenment happens.

1. Anthony M. 19 May 2012, 6:13pm

Great words from a good man who means well don’t technically change anything. He may stand behind it if he so chooses, but, I’m going to hold my applause until gay marriage is actually allowed…

21. Anthony M. 19 May 2012, 6:11pm

I think he’s entitled to whatever opinion he sees fit at whichever moment he so chooses, just as I’m entitled to mine. Either his hypocrisy knows no boundaries or he’s missing all sorts of chromosomes.

22. I LOVE 50 CENT HE IS SO COOL!

1. So could you have a discreet word with him?

23. Inspector General 19 May 2012, 6:15pm

Hmmm. This is the second negr0 ‘artist’ to jump on the gay friendly bus. Word getting about you know…

1. And he can sit where he like’s.

2. and your problem with that is…..

1. Bigots are generally all round racists too, part of the territory Its because they have a lower IQ than normal people.

24. Christopher 19 May 2012, 6:15pm

…but he is entitled to harass any woman he chooses…

25. Robert in S. Kensington 19 May 2012, 6:34pm

Where do they get all this nonsense from, touching someone up in an elevator? There’s more sexual harrassment and touching of women in public places by straight men. I’ve not encountered any gay man trying to touch me inappropriately in public, rare I think.

26. Charlie Brooker did the funniest 50 cent roast I’ve seen on his Gameswipe show, when reviewing his videogame “50 Cent: Blood on the sand”. Enjoy…

27. That There Other David 19 May 2012, 7:27pm

Erm….technically he states that “somebody” might want to grab his “little buns”. Is he singling out gay men here, or is the call for Straight Man Pride as much to protect the poor oppressed straight male from women as much as gay men?

28. What a brainless moron. His rapping sounds like he has a brain damage to me. But he’s so fit that I forgive him.

29. Inspector General 19 May 2012, 8:27pm

Thanks for the link VP

“His mother was a heroin-addicted, AIDS-infected prostitute”

Par for the course, what !

1. Par for the course?

In EXACTLY what way?

I do not want to jump to conclusions about what I suspect you are saying – so perhaps you could elucidate.

2. Inspector General, you’re a bit of a fool really. Probably why you need to appoint yourself a pompous title.

30. Why would he thinks gay men would harass guys like him in the elevator? We don’t like ugly people, 50 Cent especially when you also happened to be a hypocrite who tries to act nice to gay folks given what you said about them in the past. I rather not have this guy on our side. He’s as good as gone.

31. 50 cents short of a dollar…

1. Or as we gays like to call him No Cents

32. dreddpiratebob 19 May 2012, 9:00pm

this is a guy who shows off about being shot. i know loads of folk who have have not been shot, but then maybe i’m hanging with the wrong crowd.

50 pence is what he is, the small change.

33. I’m not a fan of Perez Hilton but I’m with him on this one:
    50 Cent is a douchebag
    and probably a closet case.

1. A closet case? I sincerely hope not. Who wants him on our side of the fence?

34. Probably best not to analyse it too much – he’s spoken up for equal marriage and that’s more than I think we expected.

Putting his wider thought processes under the microscope probably won’t serve any useful purpose, so lets just take what we can from it and move on

35. Oh bless, he flatters himself too much. Kudos on the support for equal marriage though (even if there is an agenda there)!!

36. There are a lot of gays who falsely accuse each other of ‘self-hatred’ because they don’t believe in public displays of affection, or vote Republican, or some other non-self-hating thing. Listening to 50 cent’s music…now, for a gay person, THAT is self-hatred. Period.

37. Don’t worry 50 Cent, I am sure no gay men would want to touch your little bread rolls you bought fresh at the bakery and contaminate them with bacteries – just in case we’ll ask the homosexual bakers to use plastic gloves when handling your food.

Seriously, what adult man calls its own buttocks “little buns” ?

38. Hey 50 cent, I personally won’t even touch you with a 10 feet fork. I have taste you know.

39. chris lowercase 20 May 2012, 3:58am

ahh the fiddy paradox. supporting gay marriage and saying something quite homophobic at the same time.

40. radioredrafts 20 May 2012, 4:05am

Oh darn… :(

41. I am always SO careful when around heterosexual men! Like I am going to pinch them on the bum and then get bashed to death! I don’t think so!

42. Record sales taking a bit of a dive then?
    Don’t flatter yourself about your ‘buns’ you were and are not even in the running, self deluding “%^&”ole.

43. P*ssy eater… Oh, grow up!

44. Dopiness seems to be a prerequisite for the hippity-hoppity lifestyle, there’s no news here. Yawn!

45. Hmm. In a weird way I’m not too bothered that he doesn’t like us (gays) as long as he understands the importance of equality. …. sadly though I think this is just a PR stunt as the liberal end of his audience is being turned off by his manic tweets & views.

46. this dude is an idiot…

and btw, who gives a f#ck what 50 cent thinks about gay ppl. he’s not even relevant in this world anymore so why should we care?

47. If it was a toss up between touching his small bottom and Li*king a women out ,I would prefer to the Latter .

48. Ooo. So close, and yet still so far, 50. Somebody shut him the hell up please. For his own sake more than anyone elses. He’s an embarresment. But at least it sounds like he’s using more than one brain cell these days. Like, 2 or maybe 3. Good luck with progressing to a half decent human being someday 50.

49. This guy really used to talk such a lot of garbage. And guess what? He still does!

50. Jess Lansdel 20 May 2012, 11:28am

50 cents. Who’s he then?

51. Jess Lansdel 20 May 2012, 11:30am

50 cent. Who’s he then?

52. PATHETIC RETARDED MONKEY!

53. This is great news. At long last, we’re starting to win the demographic that matters most in an election – complete idiots.

1. Batmanz ‘Likes’ this!
      lol

54. Jason Brown 20 May 2012, 3:59pm

Yes, straight men are the victims, we should do more to help them, they always get killed, taunted and tortured for their sexuality.
    Sexual assault, rape etc are already accounted for, hell you can even kill gays and claim gay panic defence.

1. You can’t deny that men do suffer sexual attacks (usually at the hands of other men.) You could argue that 50 Cent is highlighting the need for more organisations to deal with male victims of sexual attacks/abuse, but honestly I think he’s just saying “gay men can marry but lets not forget that they are dangerous little queens who want to touch up straight innocent real men like me.” 50 Cent is no ally to our community, it’s just a trendy thing to be saying.

55. The man gives a small amount of acceptance with one hand, and with the other pelts us with a painfully enormous glitter ball….the fight for equality isn’t over I should think

56. In a round about way, maybe he has a point about men suffering sexual attacks, but that’s giving him a lot of leeway and explanation that he probably didn’t even think about. Also, pretty sure 50 Cent would have no problem with lesbians; which as we all know is because lesbians are there for the enjoyment of straight men? 50 Cent is not an ally to the LGBT community but perhaps this is a small faltering step in the right direction.

57. Yes, because gay men ‘molest’ people. He’s so much up his own backside I doubt there’s room for anyone else.

58. Dream on 50p or whatever your dull name is…what a cock!

1. I think he left out the ‘per’ between 50 and cent in his moniker, which would then be an appropriate, if possibly over-generous, summary of his intellectual capacities.

59. shoryotombo 20 May 2012, 11:19pm

50cents, you’re a nickle short. Keep your endorsement and don’t go in an elevator. I swear these people act like we have to bow down before them. SCREW YOU! Keep the change stupid!

60. SinnySinSins 21 May 2012, 12:50am

This is hilarious. Seriously, “little buns”? Ha ha ha. He’s almost sweet in his stupidity.

61. I think this will have a positive affect on young people, if their “role models” have finally decided to grow up and be mature it will rub off on the impressional young people the same way homophobia does.

62. He doesn’t look like he has “little buns” to me.

63. If he’s so macho, why is he so afraid of being in a lift with a gay man?

64. What an utterly ridiculous argument ‘the need of an organisation to protect the rights of straight men from touching them’…..
    If someone touches you in an inappropriate way, it simply is inappropria. It does not matter even if in his case the one touching is a heterosexual woman…..
    Or in my case some horny guy like him….

65. Steven Pringle (@stevenpringle54) 21 May 2012, 5:15pm

Gay men can’t be aggressive? What!
    So the man who threatened me with a broken bottle for looking at his boyfriend was just joking then.

1. Straw man.
      No one claims gay men can’t be aggressive, but then why imply that gay men are any more likely to molest total strangers in a lift than any other demographic?
      And why generalise about all gay men from one aggressive/ jealous type?

66. Steve Evabs 21 May 2012, 9:19pm

Just like his ‘mentor’ Eminem, he attempts to shock with pathetic soundbites. Truth is, if he met me one on one, I bet he would be ashamed and embarrassed.

67. Patrick Lilley 22 May 2012, 4:59am

50 Cent reminds me that for some heterosexuality is so fragile. Like when you got to loo and there are huge partitions to stop me seeing each other’s cocks pissing in case…. well they might look and like. Like who would touch 50 Cent ass anyway…. and as he say, he “is is not involved in that lifestyle.” Yes Mister 50 stop worrying about your ass then…

68. i understand this position, but i’m not up for hetero males that rape daughters + step-daughters, and wives either ..

such type of case abounds in peru’ ..

same have to observe female nannies, female domestic staff ..

69. Rachel Haytread 22 May 2012, 11:24am

Who would want to be stuck in a lift with him anyway, let alone touch his, probably, stinky arse? If it was me I’d get out and use the stairs.

70. Why is it always the ugliest straight men that are worried about being sexually harassed by a gay man?

71. Don’t worry Mr. Cent, I don’t think anyone here has any interest in your little buns.

1. Dude have you seen those buns… NICE….check out get rich or die tryin.. chocolate buns are bountiful. Including Terrance Howard.. whoohoo.

72. I appluad him and hope that more members of the hip-hop community share his view of equality and voice it. I’m not going to try to make excuses for some of the comments he’s made. I will say I know those streets I know how tough it can be to get out of there. If he can help change the view of some of those out there who follow him then good. As for the buns comment sounds to me like he tried to make a joke that fell flat. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed by any means

73. Andrew Sullivan of the Daily Beast has a great take on this… the video is amazing too.