Video: ‘Insanely homophobic’ public hearing on anti-discrimination in Lincoln, Nebraska

1. It’s clear that she has mental health issues. Bit sad.

1. Most Christians do.

1. Paddyswurds 12 May 2012, 11:42am

Anyone with a religious conviction of any kind is in my opinion mentally ill, or at very least deluded.

2. GingerlyColors 14 May 2012, 3:32am

At least we don’t!

2. Is there an English translation of this?

3. She’s got a few friends in the UK with the same problems too. What has happened to ‘Jean’ and ‘Aiden’ etc have they been sectioned? Fundamentalist religious delusionals take note this is how the world sees you.

1. Paddyswurds 11 May 2012, 9:16pm

I think Pink News finally go the message about Jean and Aiden et al.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 11 May 2012, 9:57pm

Hopefully the others, Ken, David Skinner, Keith and that other moron, heteropride glad2b straight!!! Maybe they’re one and the same?

1. heteropride is keith, I’m pretty sure.

1. I agree, Iris

2. Now that we know this woman is mentally ill, will that make the christian / religious fundamentalists stop and think? No it won’t, but it might make the general public realise that it is only a question of degree between this sad woman’s outpourings and those of the high profile homophobes on both sides of the Atlantic we are subjected to on a daily basis. Madness is madness not “faith”. Take note Romney and the Republican Party this sad woman is the filter you will now be view through.

1. viewed through sorry!

4. WOW. Just WOW…

5. Is this Jean?

To be honest I feel really sorry for her she is obviously really ill mentally.

1. Benjamin Cohen 12 May 2012, 2:07am

LOL

1. Lots Of Love to you too ;)

1. Paddyswurds 12 May 2012, 11:52am

Strangely, while watching the clip, i thought this is how I always imagined what “Jean” would look like, right down to the crazy woman hat… Just as I imagine Skinner to look like that Tory politician whatshisname Howard the one they call Dracula…lol

6. Given that she’s obviously very troubled, it’s a bit sad this has been plastered all over the internet.

7. What’s scary is that there are people as crazy as this woman who rule countries.

8. Mumbo Jumbo 11 May 2012, 9:03pm

I love the way she spells out “P-E-N-I-S”
    and then just says “anus licking”.

1. She probably doesn’t know how to say it correctly – poor dear. She looks so innocent.

9. Paddyswurds 11 May 2012, 9:13pm

This is a typical Mit Romney supporter and a member of the Republican party in Nebraska.
    What is particularly chilling is that the chair allowed her to continue with this illiterate rant, which says a lot about Nebraska.
    This woman is obviously a delegate and this is the party that wants to win the Presidency in November???

1. Iris Robinson re-enters politics ??.

1. Paddyswurds 12 May 2012, 11:56am

Not ever ever gonna happen…she is a busted flush as far as politics goes; I could however think of a very old profession she would be very well suited to …but wait, she’d starve.

10. *gobsmacked*

On the one hand, depressingly, here in 5 minutes we have the perfect argument against any form of democracy.

Looking on the bright side, however, all-out nutters like this can only do our side good.

1. Paddyswurds 12 May 2012, 12:01pm

Actually it is only when Democracy fails that we end up with this sort of nut….. It should be compulsory to vote or be heavily fined. It is because the the only people voting are the crazies and religion nuts nowadays that we have nothing but crazies running for office like Gingrich and Romney in the US and Griffin et al in Britain, .

11. She’s chief scientific researcher for The Christian Institute, probably.

1. Garry Cassell 12 May 2012, 2:56pm

Good one!!

12. I licked an anus and now I’m dead! Oh, wait…

13. Everyone is assuming that she is mentally disturbed. But it IS just possible she really is a vile old cow who genuinely believes the blathering drivel she is spouting.

But please, notice the guy in the dark shirt behind her right shoulder. The facepalm at 0:30 is particularly special….

1. Ha ha. Or the lady behind at 2:25, “ooh my.”

She also spoke on our behalf but was given less time than the nut-job:

14. What’s with the flowerpot man hat?

15. I think they should have her on Fox TV news. Then we’re bound to win.

16. ChrisBChikin 11 May 2012, 9:45pm

Although, if Hilary’s gay then that might partly explain the whole Monica Lewinsky thing. Hmmm…

17. What an ignoramus!

18. Robert in S. Kensington 11 May 2012, 9:53pm

Could it be our mutual friend, Jean?

19. Werner Nieuwoudt 11 May 2012, 9:54pm

I assume this woman was released from her lovely padded white wall room, and clearly had some Jehova witness visit her shortly beforehand, and then was taken back to here lovely little white padded wall room

20. This is so utterly obtuse its hilarious….

21. She is the product of years of redneck inbreeding.

22. I probably shouldn’t have laughed at this as much as I did… kind of shows how crazy anti-gay arguments are

23. Probably shouldn’t have laughed at this as much as I did …. kind of shows how crazy and stupid anti-gay arguments are

24. I think she could possibly be a clever gay rights campaigner !

25. I don’t think she’s mentally ill. I’ve heard pretty much all of it before from anti-gay folk. The part about Hillary Clinton is new but the rest could have come from a Paul Cameron “study.”

26. She sounds like a 6 year old child who’s learning to read

27. I love how even the even older woman behind her has the o.0 face on! This woman needs to go back to the mental hospital she came from!

1. The woman behind her is actually a PFLAG campaigner. You can see her much more reasonable and heart-warming message in the related videos in the youtube url.

28. Sorry, I couldn’t help hut laugh. Crazy lady.

29. Wow…like is this woman serious? Can she hear herself??? How insane she sounds??? How ignorant she just proved herself to be??? God bless her she seriously need u in her life.

1. Paddyswurds 12 May 2012, 12:07pm

@jay nolan…
      …….. … ..Au contrair, it is BECAUSE she has the “god” delusion that she is this way.
      It really does affect some people like this and makes them totally insane, our own Skinner being another example. Look what Islam is doing to it’s adherents for example ….

2. The Christian God is homophobic, misogynistic racist, violent, a murderer, pro slavery, pro infanticide, etc. The Jewish, Muslim, etc. fit most of those descriptions.I’m sure it would be happy about homophobic idiots even if it existed.

I’m also pretty sure she’s a Christian.

30. Its all in the guy in the background. He is the only point of reference to sanity during the whole ordeal.

1. Nathan Thomas 12 May 2012, 12:46am

She has to be mentally I’ll. Most of it made absolutely no sense and the rest of it was just no right.

Gay men like to rupture the intestines so they kill their partner – that’s a new one

31. auntie babs 12 May 2012, 12:53am

hmmm, does she have a coat made out of dalmation puppy fur by any chance?

32. She inadvertently does LGBT people a favour. If that’s the highest calibre the haters can wheel out, we’ve got very little to be concerned about.

33. WTF? Is this a joke? It was, to be honest so funny. But if she believes what she was reading out I actually feel sorry for her! It’s so sad that someone can be so ill :-(

34. WOW……….I think she is suffering from “deranged thinking”.

35. jamestoronto 12 May 2012, 1:47am

Can someone help this poor woman? Is there anyone in the state of Nebraska that can get her some professional help? She has to be certifiably delusional.

36. what is that talking?

1. I think she has two minutes to speak and then they move on. It’s probably the next big thing after Britain’s Got Talent. Anyone can just go up there and say their piece and be famous for two minutes (or infamous in this case).

37. Finally someone speaks sense on the gay issue. I agree with everything this woman says

1. Troll? Why else would you be here?

1. Yeah, and such a pathetic attempt at being a troll too. They just don’t make the effort any more to be even remotely interesting….

2. Irony – I think

1. Er, just maybe

3. Are you Jane Skrovota?
      If so, keep babbling…

4. Hmmm, so you openly agree with everything ‘Miss Tin-foil-hat-pulling-facts-out-of-my-ass’ says?
      Even by normal homophobe standards she’s evidently a basket short of a picnic.

5. Then you really should go back onto your medication.

6. Jock S. Trap 12 May 2012, 12:09pm

Your are aware that your attention comments make you look stupid.. and us look so much better, don’t you?

7. Robert in S. Kensington 12 May 2012, 12:57pm

Hello JJEAN dear, taken your meds today? Now run along to the looney bin, they’re looking for you.

8. You are an idiot

9. Fck me she’s climbed over the wall again.

38. What. A. Moron. She HAS to be mentally ill! Or just plain stupid. Love how bigots like her will pick and choose, skew every little bit of “information” they can find, and ignore anything that PROVES their biases are pulled out of their hineys. Maybe she and the others like her should be classified as mentally retarded (retarded right back to Medieval thinking; like burning witches, stoning anyone you THINK might be doing something you won’t like, etc…). Seek help, woman.

39. Her views are typical for the support base of the Christian Institute and Anglican Mainstream. My problem with this is that such organisations are never asked about their true attitudes every time they are wheeled on to a news programme.

40. This crazy lady should be lobotomised. I wonder how her husband could bear with her insanity.

41. I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for a comment from Jean.

1. Whenever Jean, the most singularly boring troll on the planet, shows up in future I shall forever picture the loon in the video….

1. Perhaps she IS Jean, That’s why she’s too busy to post here.

42. She should go on the comedy club curcuit, she’d make a fortune.

43. That’s her five minutes, what a triumph!(lol)

44. de Villiers 12 May 2012, 8:41am

This is quite sad. It is a deformed spectacle.

45. The only difference between this and the Christian Institute is that she hasn’t the guile to wrap up her deranged hate in their saccharine euphenisms. The rabid vile core is the same.

46. What – exactly – do they have to vote on?!

1. Her sanity I think

2. Her sanity I think. It’s an open and shut case.

3. Mommie Dammit 12 May 2012, 4:49pm

Lincoln’s City Council is considering an anti-discrimination ordinance that includes LGBT in regard to employment, housing, and public services/accommodations.
      This woman isn’t really insane – there is a large segment of the Nebraska population that have been brainwashed by their local ass-backward churches and FOX News, and they really do believe this crap.
      What I find hysterical, and sad at the same time, is that the young man sitting behind her is my nephew, James. He’s a brilliant photographer, gay as his dear old uncle, and usually quite the activist. I’m sad that he had to sit and listen to the old fraud, and a little disappointed that he didn’t stand up, had her some Prozac, and bundle her off to the rest-home nurse waiting for her in the back.
      Good thing his mother, my over-the-top sister wasn’t there. She’d have just knocked the biddie out and told the City Council, “that’s enough of that b.s.!”

47. Thank you honey, now go take your pill!

48. You will never see “Jean” and this lady in the same room at the same time.

49. South Park will no doubt use this material in one of their satirical future episodes (but it makes me wonder if that is where this lady got her info from in the first place)

1. The litte people who live behind her radiator give her all the information she requires to form informed opinions.

50. Care in the community isn’t working. Poor soul.

51. Suddenly Last Bummer 12 May 2012, 12:01pm

So in her past any man she paid interest in pretended they were gay to dodge the walking bullet she is.

52. Paddyswurds 12 May 2012, 12:02pm

…… it is only when Democracy fails that we end up with this sort of nut….. It should be compulsory to vote or be heavily fined. It is because the the only people voting are the crazies and religion nuts nowadays that we have nothing but crazies running for office like Gingrich and Romney in the US and Griffin et al in Brit

53. Jock S. Trap 12 May 2012, 12:03pm

Er… clearly this woman needs immediate help!!

54. Spanner1960 12 May 2012, 12:07pm

The woman’s name is Jane Svoboda.

Typical PN shoddiness due to lifting stories wholesale without checking minor details like facts.

55. She should win the “Raving Loony of 2012″ award.

56. That There Other David 12 May 2012, 12:34pm

I actually feel rather sorry for her. Her thoughts are so utterly random she’s clearly not of sound mind. It would be too easy to laugh, but how does that actually help?

57. Carl Rowlands 12 May 2012, 12:36pm

The issue is not with what she said …………..its with those people who think she is right!!

1. It’s horrible both ways!

58. Robert in S. Kensington 12 May 2012, 12:54pm

I wonder if she’s related to Stephen Green or any of those Tory back benchers?

59. Please tell me this is a spoof – no wait it, it must be real as it is in the mid west USA.

This woman is as mad as Andrea Williams of the christain institute.

60. It’s not Towerload, it’s Towleroad.

61. I didnt know wether to laugh of cry at this woman.
    then i laughed at the man behind her. he sold this.
    i looked up her name, and found a blog defending her , which struck me as even more misguided. take a look http://swimtrisailchicago.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/dont-judge-jane-skrovota.html

1. I did not defend her.
      What I said is to not judge her. How would you like to be judged for your beliefs?

62. I wonder what the weather is like on her planet?

1. Cloudy with chance of meatballs perhaps.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 12 May 2012, 5:33pm

I think she’d find a friend in “Dr” Julia Gasper and the other religious bigot, Anne Widdecombe.

1. Sisters separated at birth, perhaps?

63. Garry Cassell 12 May 2012, 3:02pm

What a friggin fool…..the rep. for the religious right…I guess Mitt is proud now his chief religious advisor has spoken and told the truth that all people should know..omg…great laugh if it wasn’t so sad..

64. Is this a hoax?? Tell me this is a hoax. Please don’t let there really be such grossly ignorant, bigoted, and deranged creatures on the planet. How dare ‘it’ pretend to be human. What a shameful waste of oxygen.

1. ‘It’ must be from Kolob

65. I think she may be a plant!

66. She ranted on so long her flying saucer got a ticket on it!

67. Michael Vose 12 May 2012, 4:29pm

Why can nobody on Pink News spell, or write news articles properly?! It’s so amateuristic.

“The city council is expected to vote on the measure on May 14.” – Vote on WHAT measure? You don’t even specify!

1. Local ordinance, a law made by a municipality or other local authority.

68. Mommie Dammit 12 May 2012, 4:53pm

TO THE EDITOR: Please fix the accreditation. The blog is named “Towleroad.com”, as in its owner’s name – Andy Towle.

69. Guglielmo Marinaro 12 May 2012, 5:01pm

I think she’s America’s answer to Anglican Mainstream’s Lisa Nolland. The Americans always manage to go one better than us.

70. It’s sad people think like this. That lady is messed up.

1. PART 1
      -I’m lesbian and I don’t like to see people perishing. That has nothing to do with sexual orientation.
      -Straight men do *that* with straight women, I don’t see complaints about that.
      -Gay men are no more likely to commit homicide than other men.
      -Gays don’t commit genocide in hospitals. Christians are “genociders” though.
      -I hope this women is dying in a hospital and gay workers refuse to save her,
      -The HUGE majority of dead people who are found without clothes don’t have a gay partner that did away with them.
      -PLENTY of lesbians and gays live past 40 years old.
      -Gay people don’t murder their partners a lot.
      -LGB people commit suicide due to bullying, just like what this woman is doing.
      -You can’t “go gay”
      -Being gay is healthy. Unsafe sex, drugs, etc are unhealthy no matter your orientation.
      -Straight men molest children more than gay men in fact. Even the male-boy molestations, many of the men identify as straight

2. PART 2
      -Lesbians have the lowest risk of STDs out of the gender-orientation combinations.
      -Straight women have the highest percentage of AIDS.
      -Gay equality will not lead to molestation. Those two things have nothing to do with each other.
      -You don’t “go lesbian”
      -Being lesbian is normal. Just because it’s not what most women are doesn’t mean it’s not normal.
      -Bicurious, bisexual, and homosexual women do “lesbian things”. Not straight women (who think it’s gross, just like lesbians think straight sex is)
      -Lesbians don’t usually drug women. Way more straight men do.
      -en(dot)wikipedia(dot)org/wiki/Timeline_of_AIDS
      -There are sadistic homosexuals, bisexuals, heterosexuals, and asexuals. Sadism has nothing to do with orienation. Oh, by the way, God is really sadistic.
      -Some swear lots, it has nothing to do with “coupling”
      -The land they lay on? I don’t like the US because I’m treated unequally
      -That treason statistic is untrue. Anybody with a brain knows that.

3. PART 3
      -Gay isn’t a behavior. It’s an identity. It’s part of who we are.
      -Gay people are perfectly capable of being in the military and healthcare professions.
      -People should be encouraged to be who they are.
      -Homophobes harm gays by saying lies about them.
      -Sure, we can be celibate, but that has nothing to do with living to be 80.
      -Some gay people want to adopt children, but some don’t. I personally am NEVER having children, I hate children.
      -Being gay isn’t just about sex. It’s a physical, emotional, romantic, thing too.
      -Bisexuals do not become insane. They’re just attracted to both genders, it has nothing to do with mental health.
      -If guys want to wear a wedding dress, cool, there’s nothing wrong with that. But most guys, even gay guys, prefer to wear tuxes.
      -Homo is a slur. Idiot.
      -There is no evidence Judas was gay.
      -I choose Judas. He killed the messenger of an evil God. Go Judas! :D
      -THIS WOMAN NEEDS MENTAL HELP
      -The only deranged people are homophobes.

4. PART 4
      I seriously thought this was a joke. The fact it’s not is really sad. And people wonder why I laugh at religion.

71. It’s sad that in 2012 there is still this level of ignorance. I don’t believe that she is mentally unstable I think she may live under a rock, but education is everything.

72. Personally, I love to laugh at anti-gay christians/people etc. But this just isn’t funny, it’s just sad. This poor woman has been indoctrinated to believe arguments that don’t even begin to make sense. “Jesus was kissed by Judas, a homo, who tried to sabotage Jesus’ kind ideas. Do you choose Jesus, a celibate, or Judas, a homo? You have to choose!” Is just one of them. The real tragedy is that this religion has taken over this womans life, scared her into believing this nonsense and resulted in her public humiliation, this isn’t right. I hate the bigotry, but she clearly isn’t of sound mind.

1. Christians aren’t of sound mind, it’s not surprising ;)

73. Apparently her name is Jane Svoboda, 52, of Lincoln. She has schizophrenia and lives in an assisted living facility. Here’s an article in which her family talks about the video. http://bit.ly/J7G3M7

It seems to me that she’s sick rather than bigoted. Maybe we should concentrate our criticisms on people of sound(ish) mind who choose to be hateful.

1. Most of the schizophrenics I have known have been a lot nicer than this. One of them was told by the Archangel Gabriel to be nice to all his neighbours. Another one was convinced that she was married to Tom Cruise (OK, maybe not so nice, at least not for her), and another one generally acted in a sane, polite way but thought that Mrs Thatcher was talking to him personally through the TV and yelled abuse back at her. This woman in Lincoln strikes me as nasty as well as mad. It is possible to be both.

1. That There Other David 12 May 2012, 11:38pm

Yelling whenever Maggie came on the Telly was considered a clear sign of sanity back in the day. I still have to stop myself even now!!

2. Medicate H8?

74. Whitney Houston was gay???? I thought she was married to that lovely wife beater! Shows how much I know.
    She obviously doesn’t like Winter Wipeout that much either. I suspect she wants it taken off the air.

75. Stuff Queer People Need To Know 12 May 2012, 8:51pm

This can’t be real. This has to be a joke, because, if anything, she’s helping the other side because no one can take her seriously.

1. No, I think it’s USA 2012.

76. Probably a relative of Hazelmary Bull (nee Svoboda).

77. This is actually a boon for pro-queer activism. Now when that legislative body votes on queer rights, they will have to contend with the notion that if they vote against, they’re voting for taking schizophrenia literally.

78. She deserves to be shot

79. Those people who are against gay marriage and say ”In Genesis it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve”, are so narrow minded..

Everyone knows that in Genesis it was Phil Collins, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford

80. GingerlyColors 14 May 2012, 3:31am

Judas being gay! LOL! When was the last time any of us got our partners crucified? I’m off to B&Q two get a couple of planks of wood and some 6″ nails!

81. David Skinner 15 May 2012, 3:11pm

If anyone wants to see how homosexuality produces brain irritations just look at the gay guy behind this lady. Clearly he is in the advanced stages of denial, delusion, distraction and the dreadful diversity syndrome, from which there is no return.

82. seems that the video is now ‘private’ and no longer available!!!!

83. apparently she has 3500 fans on a FB page at crazy blue protesting lady. She is a lady who has a mental illness…not some mad christian.

84. David Skinner 15 May 2012, 7:06pm

This only goes to prove that even the craziness of those suffering from schizophrenia, is more sane that that of the gay mind . Just look at the gay guy behind this lady. What is he on?