Wrestler apologises for telling man ‘sickened’ by gays to kill himself

1. CM Punk has a new fan in me.

1. hear hear! what a man.

2. It sounds like CM Punk got very angry with a bigot and said something stupid. Who hasn’t?
    His apology sounds thought – out and sincere, none of what the homophobes peddle at us with “I’m sorry you were offended”.
    So good on him.

1. He did’nt say anything stupid, i agree with him, the british twitter user who opposes marraige equality, should kill himself, if his existance is soo puerile, he has a disturbing obsession with others equality, oxygen thief!.

1. Yeah because that’s exactly what the world needs more hate and vitriol! There’s a difference between defending oneself and reducing one’s behaviour to abusive language.

I don’t think it’s wise to try to inform the ignorant with abuse. It simultaneously makes you look less intelligent and hands over the moral high ground. Just look at some of the responses other users gave. Really makes the world worse for everyone.

I’m glad he calmed down and apologised.

3. Seriously. They insult and spread lies about us on a daily basis, then when one guy responds back, rightfully, in anger they play the victim.

CM Punk also a new fan in me.

4. Incidents like this reveal a powerful strand in bigotry – the self-indulgent view that a negative emotional reaction to somebody else’s life is justification for denying legal rights to them. Good on CM Punk. He is brave to apologise. I’m not sure I would bother.

5. Good to have CM Punk fighting in our corner, that’s for sure. His words, were wrong and I believe his apology was heartfelt, so let’s move on.

He’s a welcome ally in the equality battle

6. Well said Mr Punk.

7. imeldamoore 8 May 2012, 11:02am

CM Punk you rock, now you will be my number 1 fan. Thank you for standing up to the bigot”””””s

1. Paddyswurds 8 May 2012, 11:34am

@imeldamoore…
      ….Sorry, but don’t you mean you will be his number one fan. Why would he be your fan he has never heard of you…..

. This is a brilliant move on Punks part and a wake up call for the bigots not just in N Carolina but right across the US.

8. Scott Lovely 8 May 2012, 11:18am

So a troll does a sickening wind up to get a knee-jerk response, then uses that response against the victim. It’s what we’ve become familiar with from some so-called Christian trolls posting on this site.

The best way to deal with such trolls is to simply ignore them, and for them to be removed by the moderator. In discussions always use reasonableness, not hitting back.

9. This is a great thing. There is MAJOR homophobia within the WWE and within it’s fans. I am glad CM Punk is not afraid to show his support in equal marriage.

1. Lumi Bast 8 May 2012, 4:49pm

There are a lot of excepting wrestling fans and some openly accepting wrestlers, but wrestling is pretty homophobic for the most part sadly. I hope that changes as I want to be a wrestler someday.

1. Lumi Bast 8 May 2012, 4:50pm

accepting*

Oops :P

2. Take it from this uber wrestling fan, not true.

Fans are just people and so as a general rule represent wherever those fans are from quite well (accepting in NY, less so in AL) but within the WWE blatant hompohobia has never been accepted.

And how could it? Pat Patterson, one of Vince McMahon’s closest friends is openly gay and McMahon has been defending him from outside attacks of homophobia since the 80’s.

10. Have been a fan of CM Punk for years – the man is a super-talented gift to the WWE… and now I like him a little more :-)

While I doubt that there are many, it is a shame that pro wrestlers cannot come out as gay. The last one (?) that did, Chris Kanyon, committed suicide a couple of years later, although the two events were not necessarily linked. Would be absolutely amazing if a ‘big name’ WWE star came out and continued to stride to the ring, head held high.

1. Did you know that Pat Patterson (Vince McMahon’s best friend and ex-wrestler) has been openly gay more less his whole career? Read his Wikipedia page, pretty interesting stuff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Patterson_(wrestler)

1. Yes, was aware of Patterson; I really meant wrestlers who are currently competing. With no disrespect to him, I have always had the impression that Patterson’s sexuality is the ‘nudge, wink’ kind of ‘openness’ rather than something that can be referred to unambiguously on air.

1. Really? A wrestler who wore red lipstick and pink trunks and was accompanied by his pet Poodle. Called himself “Pretty Boy” Pat Patterson and acted quite effeminate is hardly ‘nudge, wink’ kind of openess. Especially back in 1958!

1. Interesting and took guts for him to do that. Many a wrestler though – Adorable Adrian Adonis, Johnny B Badd, Goldust, Lenny and Lodi, Billy and Chuck – has used an overtly camp or suspect-homosexual persona as a ‘work’, usually to get heel heat.
            Has Patterson ever been directly referred to as “homosexual” or “a gay man” on a WWE broadcast or DVD?

11. As a CM Punk fan i am saddened and confused asThis is CM Punk calling a fan a homo in a derogitory fashion – at the time Punk was a heel or bad guy so maybe it was part of his role or was it from the heart?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPV9xjq6IcA or look up on youtube Cm Punk calls fan a homo.

1. Spanner1960 8 May 2012, 12:32pm

What? He was not calling anybody a homo.
      He was defending gay people you idiot.
      I suggest you read the article again, or would you prefer just pictures?

1. Actually Spanner if you watch the video link in the comment you’ll realise the comment is not related to the article at all.

In reference to the video, whether he was in character or not is by the by for me. The fact is he appears to have learned from that incident and is now willing to show support for the equal marriage community. And for that he deserves credit.

2. Read the comment again. Click the link.

*flamewar averted*

12. That There Other David 8 May 2012, 12:51pm

@ezeekay Oh boo hoo. Did the nasty man make fun of your infantile thought processes?

My heart bleeds.

13. Jock S. Trap 8 May 2012, 12:59pm

Guess this sorts the real men from the boys…. Thank you CM Punk…. Only real men know when they need to apologise and better themselves. It’s clearly the pathetic boys he was tweeting about/to will never grow up. So sad.

14. http://www.ringsidenews.com/article/559/tna-star-calls-out-cm-punk-for-twitter-comments/

Wonder if he’ll understand the irony of his comments when rich white men no doubt said the exact same about the numerous fights the BAME community had to gain their rights. Somehow I doubt it.

1. “So humored by the hypocrisy of those who wanna play GOD, or change what GOD intended,” wrote Dinero. “You wanna evolve? Seek GOD! Hows that for change?~PHS”

The man is a real idiot, isn’t he? Nothing infuriates me more than seeing a BLACK person come off with comments like this. He must have a short-term memory.

15. And how many of these biggots who slagged on what CM Punk said, support God Hates Fags, and we know what they are like when it comes to funerals of gay men

16. Why did he apologise.

I’d like it if all neo-fascist homophobic extremists (like Nadine Dorries) killed themelves.

1. LOL, that would be wonderful! Who was the british twit anyhow? christopher biggins? time for a name and shame.

2. I thought his apology rather dignified, and it certainly does make him ‘the better man’ in the end.

I’m surprised there’s anyone in the wrestling fraternity willing to be so outspoken on behalf of equal marriage – good for him.

17. The Twitter user mentioned in this news article (@EzeeKay) has also apologised publicly to CM Punk.

“@CMPunk Gonna admit it was my fault, i apologize. Clearly you were upset by my tweet. #Sorry to you and your twitter followers. pz.”

18. Junior Staff nurse Guthrie. 8 May 2012, 3:33pm

Heterophobic bigots and extremists always endorse hate crime.
    Nothing new here!

1. You are a Hate crime.

2. What makes you think CM Punk is “heterophobic” (given that he’s not gay), you silly little man?

1. Junior Staff nurse Guthrie. 8 May 2012, 4:26pm

I was referring to the commentators on here silly little deviant!

1. Jock S. Trap 8 May 2012, 4:34pm

Different names Keith however same sh!t!!

1. Actually, he/she is probably a very holy person. So can we show some respect please;-)

2. Hole-y in the head, certainly.

2. Lumi Bast 8 May 2012, 4:39pm

I’m not heterophobic, I don’t know what you’re talking about

It’s also not a hate crime if the person is hurting themsevles

1. Lumi Bast 8 May 2012, 4:39pm

themselves*

3. So if we are all “deviants”, “bigots and extremists” then what would we call a “God fearing” individual who continually comes to a website for LGBT people who he clearly has an issue with, who instead of promoting the word of his God and loving his neighbour and trying to teach them to turn away from temptation and sin spends his entire time simply being as bigotted and offensive as he can be? I don’t recall that part of the Bible(was it a PS to the do unto others line that isn’t mentioned quite as much?)

4. Since you’re the most egregious extremist here, were you really speaking of yourself then? Figures. You really are a worm, aren’t you? Poor wee thing.

5. ‘silly little deviant!’ – wow, that’s butch. you really need to change the camp language if you want us to believe you’re not a closeted repressed homosexualite keith, or whatever name your fragmented psychologically damaged persona is using today. Get some help, or some friends.

6. God forbid trash like you are employed to work in hospitals with taxpayers’ money.

I hope somebody finds out who you are and documents your comments.

1. He’s not actually who he says he is, the users name is Keith. It appears to be some immature attempt to have a go at a regular user on here who posts under Dr Robin Guthrie. He posts under a host of other “delightful” names, but as Jock says “Different names Keith however same sh!t!!”

2. Junior Staff nurse Guthrie. 8 May 2012, 6:19pm

To find out who I am would requaire a court order which would first require an actual crime, moron!
            If I wished to post unlawfully (which I do not), I would use a proxy server, which I do not. Sadly for you, my opinions are lawful and my right to voiec them is constitutionally protected.
            I am being considered for a journalistic online role with another well known homosexual paper. Again , for balance.

3. Sewer News 8 May 2012, 6:20pm

4. “Nobody is compelled to give me a platform but Pink News kindly make allowances for me to post, for balance I believe.”

WOW you really are deluded Keith aren’t you? If PN really were giving you a platform for balance then why are your posts constantly deleted? Why are you constantly forced to come up with different usernames?

Fact is your not welcome here yet for some reason, even though you clearly have an issue with LGBT people and those who support them, you come back. And as I said above not to reach out and spread the Bible’s message and to promote redemption but purely to be offensive. Which begs the question why? Not that you’ll answer that of course I’m sure

5. I am being considered for a journalistic online role with another well known homosexual paper.

Deluded much? Those voices in your head aren’t actually real, you know. Bless.

19. Lumi Bast 8 May 2012, 4:37pm

I love CM Punk! He’s one of my favorite wrestlers, a very talented man. I’m glad he’s one of the few people in the business who sticks up for LGBs/LGB rights :)

1. Lumi Bast 8 May 2012, 4:38pm

Several other wrestlers have, he’s the most notable one though lol

20. I wouldn’t mind having a go

21. Is that user going to apologise? I doubt it.

I’ve said far worse things than this to online vermin and I don’t owe them a single apology. What is wrong with telling thick, ignorant, homophobic pighit what they are. Surely if free speech is at stake, I have that right?

By the way PinkNews. Any explanation for why extreme homophobic comments are approved on here, but people who answer back are premoderated?

22. Stewart Cowan 8 May 2012, 6:36pm

Nobody should ever tell someone else to kill themselves, no matter what the provocation. At least he apologised, I suppose.

23. Wiccankitten 8 May 2012, 7:03pm

To the bigot who said gays should kill themselves..you’re the one watching two half naked men grab each other and hold each other down in what is frequently *very* suggestive poses..oh yeah,that’s *totally* not gay! CM Punk,you rock,dude!

24. Maybe all anti gay people should kill themselves. They want to be with God, let them go and be with their God. With all of those haters gone we can make this a better world to live in. A world with out hate.

25. Dangermouse 8 May 2012, 7:12pm

“Kill yourself” just sounds about right to me.

26. Sewer- News. 8 May 2012, 7:56pm

Kris said
    “Fact is your not welcome here yet for some reason, even though you clearly have an issue with LGBT people and those who support them, you come back”

Again you completely misunderstand, or deliberately. I habe no isue with any LGBT deviant at all. It is the practices I have issue with. They are disgusting. I also have no issue with the sca.t community but I find the practices disgusting and if there were a site for sca.t news I would let rip on there also. Same with consensual adult incest, bestiality etc. I have no issue wih the people, just the practices.

1. That There Other David 8 May 2012, 8:42pm

So you’re saying you spend your spare time seeking out sites on the Internet that disgust you, so you can tell everyone on them how disgusted you are?

That’s really quite sad, and not in an unhappy way. You ought to get out more. Get some friends, take up a hobby, that sort of thing. Doing what you’re doing is a bit, well you know, socially deviant.

What are you going to have written on your headstone? “He told a lot of people off”. Yeah, sounds really interesting that :-)

1. Sewer- News. 8 May 2012, 9:40pm

Think of me as a physician seeking out the (morally and hygienically)) ailing, and at no cost!!!

2. Sewer- News. 8 May 2012, 10:43pm

Don’t be sad on my behalf. I am very content and unlike the deviant community I do not have the deathly shadow of AIDS hanging over me because i cannot control my butt buggering ways!

1. I am very content

I’m afraid I find that very hard to believe, given the amount of time you spend and what you write on a website for gay people.

2. Thomas Dupont 8 May 2012, 9:47pm

Well p1ss off this site then!

I’m sick of hearing it’s the “practice”.

3. Lord help the person who ever comes across your browser history that’s all I’m saying.

1. Actually no it’s not. Can you provide your evidence for referring to me as a butt buggerer then. You claim you have no issue with LGBT people just the acts.

So show me where I’ve ever confirmed myself as having taken part in acts of buggery or LGBT for that matter to have taken part in the acts which disgust you so.

And the rest of my points still stand, since you’ve picked out that one bit to quote

1. Sewer- News. 8 May 2012, 10:38pm

Sorry Kris. It is an assumption. You may indeed be averse to sodomy. Perhaps you don’t hve n opinion on it. You don’t have one on polygamy and incest!

1. Still sidestepping the point. That’s fine. You tell yourself whatever you like. As I said before, if and when it comes time for judgment I’ll take my life ahead of yours any day of the week.

27. GingerlyColors 8 May 2012, 7:57pm

You’ve made my day, Punk.

28. Jim Fields Nashville tn 8 May 2012, 11:17pm

what a brave man CM Punk is . as wrestling fans are mostly in the young age range and mostly white heteros ..
    who feel the most threatened by gay man . they think we all want to sleep with them. and they hide their latent homosexual thoughts behind a layer of homophobia for CM Punk to support gay marriage is a wonderful thing .. good for him and good for us
    if more Men had the balls to speak up . then gay rights would move forward .

29. Gay & Happy 9 May 2012, 2:55am

Good guy. Understandable what he said, although probably wise to take it back. Hard to be too sympathetic towards the bigot in question, bearing in mind that their ilk are ultimately responsible for what is still a terrible scourge of gay suicides year in year out.

30. Suddenly Last Bummer 11 May 2012, 11:56am

He is haawt!

31. I’m a bit late to the party here but is that CM Punk with a moustache? right on.