US gymnastics hopeful comes out as gay ahead of Olympics

1. Good on him and congratulations on coming out publicly. I do hope that the selectors see past his sexuality and focus on his performance as a professional gymnast and his ability to represent his country.

2. Scott Lovely 8 May 2012, 12:17pm

What a hunk!

3. Good for him. I look forward to the day — and it is coming — when this sort of thing is completely and totally irrelevant. Until that day we need as many gay sportspeople to make it clear that they are (a) really good at their sport and (b) happen to be gay. We need as many role models as possible. For some reason it seems hard for gay sportspeople to come out — how many out footballers are there?

(And he is pretty fit too …!)

4. Christopher 8 May 2012, 1:36pm

A gay gymnast? This is not news! But, I wish him the best and much success – what a cutie!!

1. Well done bravo!! that sure took courage,my congrats and respect.

I went out with a gymnast once,it was fantastic,much better than the circus entertainer i ended up with! but at least it has lasted. eh robs?

5. Garry Cassell 8 May 2012, 3:24pm

Wish you every success at the games….very proud of you…

1. Junior Staff nurse Guthrie. 8 May 2012, 3:46pm

You wish them success because they ae homodeviant?
      You are proud because they’re homodeviant?
      Are you equally proud of the hetero normals?

1. OOH. Hate crime!

2. Sounds like tea (bag) time for you. LOL!!

3. Another tiresome and insipid cut and paste from Keith who is jealous of anyone with a semblance of education.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

6. Junior Staff nurse Guthrie. 8 May 2012, 3:45pm

When did it become an olympic requirement to declare your bedroom preferences .
    Have all the hetero normals made their declarations yet?

1. Scuttle away, troll.

2. Another Hate crime!

3. Brainless uneducated closeted moron. I mean, ‘made their declarations yet’ – sounds like a line from Daffyd on little britain.

4. “Have all the hetero normals made their declarations yet?”

How would you know what normal is, Keith? Sex is like air; it’s not important unless you aren’t getting any. Did the ex-gay brigade not warn you that you’d end up a frustrated old fool? Downside, eh?

7. is the one on the left his boyfriend….good looking guys

8. God he is good looking and I am praying that he gets the gold.

9. Good on him! He seems like an awesome guy. Hopefully if people carry on doing this, one day it won’t be news at all.

And now for something slightly off topic… who’s the guy on left? Because I have some serious Googl’ing to do.

No, that’s not a euphemism.

Maybe.

10. Brave fella. Hope he makes the olympic team.

11. Jim Fields Nashville tn 8 May 2012, 10:53pm

congrats on your coming out .. the international olympic committee is so beyond homophobia . they give it a new name . .hate .. I do hope makes the team .. I just remember all the uproar from the olympics what became the gay games were taken to court and were sued to keep us from using the word olympics mentally challenged can use the word but not the gblt community .. I do hope the young man does well and makes the team and medals in London

12. Bill Watson 8 May 2012, 11:06pm

Can’t help myself. What a hottie. See if US coverage of the event ignores his story, like it probably will.
    I think there are some out Rugby players. Ya can’t get more butch than Rugby.

13. I hope that the selectors are not homophobic and they do not reject him.

14. In response to this, I’m proud of Josh. This young man has taken a step that not only other gymnast need to take, but those on the track and field team and some other teams. I’m also proud because he’s a young black man that is standing out and up for hisself.