Audio: Baptist pastor tells flock to ‘crack the limp wrists’ of their effeminate sons

1. This man is an idiot, and an affront to the Gospel of Christ.

1. finally, some sense coming out of jean’s mouth

1. It’s scary, that’s twice I’ve agreed with her now!

1. Its probably more likely that someone us using jeans name then that shes actually had a change of heart

2. It can’t last, John-Paul and Rehan. Don’t fret. I’m sure she’ll be be back on form soon, entertaining us all with her hilarious, bonzo-barmy comments. Frankly, I’d miss her now. In fact, I suspect she’s really that Dr. Gaspar.

3. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day Rehan

2. Well, there’s a surprize. Something homophobic even you find disgusting. You’re such a tease! Keep them coming, Jean, We’d all miss you so much if your hilarious idiocy were to disappear from PN.

3. Don Harrison 2 May 2012, 4:28pm

He reminds me of the West Boro Baptist Church

2. Paula Thomas 2 May 2012, 11:43am

And this is supposed to be a peaceful religion that turns the other cheek!!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 2 May 2012, 12:26pm

Peaceful? It has been responsible for most of the wars if you look at its history, virtually all religion-based. The CoE up until Wilberforce was quite content to even support slavery in keeping with the practice in the bible.

3. This man is advocating violence against kids. He has a big LGBT chip his shoulders. Mmm… another Ted Haggard in the making.

4. This man is advocating child abuse, surely this is a crime?

1. you’d think that wouldnt you but remember the US is 1 of only 3 UN countries that are not signitaries of The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the other 2 being South Sudan and Somalia, the latter looking to ratify it apparantly heh

2. Christians have no problem with child abuse, Sevrin

3. Rashid Karapiet 2 May 2012, 4:17pm

That these things are said is not the end of the story: what is, or will be, the response from (a)the church authorities and (b)the police since this man is advocating violence against children. Should no action result, we’ll be confirmed in our belief that American Christianity has nothing to do with the message of Jesus Christ.

4. How can the US have any moral authority to act as the “world police” in human rights when they allow things like this to happen in their own country?
      I know… they have BIG weapons… no wonder bullying is widespread there.

5. Spiritbody 2 May 2012, 12:06pm

What an absolute IDIOT this man really is. And his congregation dont sound any better. I dont wanna let such idiocy get to me but I think this has annoyed me more than any other recent story on PinkNews. So many of the problems we face are connected to feeling that we need to identify strongly with man made creations of what male and female ‘should’ be. I mean, they’re useful to a certain extent but here is a classic example of when they become restrictive and therefore useless. Its so important from an early age to allow people to be who they feel they are. I so dont want to live in the kinda world that he is describing. Its sounds like a hell. I think maybe this guys dad came down to hard on him or something.

6. can I advocate a punch for those who believe in a magic sky fairy? just whack that nonsense out their silly heads?

7. Jen Marcus 2 May 2012, 12:12pm

I am totally outraged! He is about as Christian a Church Leader as Adolph Hitler or Joseph Stalin. In addition, those congregates who laughed and God forbid act on his insane rant should be committed to a mental institution along with this dangerous idiot!

8. I find it astonishing that hate speech advocating child abuse is even legal. The fact that it is uttered under the guise of Christianity shows how hypocritical and lacking in genuine morality this type of person can be.

As an atheist I cannot help but think that if teachings about the ‘devil’ and his devious ways were true, that he lives and works through such individuals.

1. It’s difficult to avoid the sense that this evil man is channelling the worst of mankind.

Let’s look at it again in all it’s profound malignancy.
      He asks fathers to look at a child and to “give him a good punch”.

This pastor, isn’t. This is an evil cradling.

9. ‘Man up, son, get that dress off you and get outside and dig a ditch, because that is what boys do,’

Careful show a child too much violence and hatred and that ditch will turn out to be a 6ft deep grave, with your/their name on it.

10. Robert in S. Kensington 2 May 2012, 12:22pm

Well, hate speech is legal in America, please or offend, apparently. This reminds me of Stephen Green a bit.

1. It’s the sort of thing our devoted follower Aiden so earnest advocates as “free speech.” (Actually I rather suspect he was subject to the sort of violence encouraged by this ‘pastor’ when young.)

11. Keep in mind that this man did not develop his opinions in a vacuum, nor does he display any doubt in the reaction of his audience (some of whom laugh).

This is just more evidence of a socially accepted, religion-nurtured culture of homophobia.

This story is everywhere at the moment. And I am seeing a lot of christians bleating that they are not all like him (although clearly his congregation is). I simply give them this thought:

If you stand and watch a bully beat his victim, you are not as bad as the bully. But if all you ever did was simply stand and watch in silence, your hands are not clean.

I am still waiting for progressive and “loving” christians to get off their backsides, make some noise and reclaim their faith. I am told that they exist, but, frankly, they seem as rare as rocking horse cr@p.

1. Those are both in Britain. This case is in the US. Religion has nothing like the power, influence or social weight that it does in the US, they are hardly the same bloody beast. So spare us your butt hurt, please.

2. I think Valsky was not talking about bishops or senior clergy but the common people that attend mass every Sunday. They are the Church, and they should write letters to their leaders worldwide (including this idiot in the video) to (re)teach them what Christ really said and not the twisted teachings they preach in order to satisfy their bigotry.

12. Gender stereotypes and sex taboos enforceable by violence.
    Patriarchal religion in classic form.

13. He told parents in the audience, which laughed and cheered at parts of his speech, he was giving them a “special dispensation” to exercise violence.

I’m almost speechless. These are people in a supposedly civilised nation.

1. Religion poisons everything. And it is especially insidious when it can be used as a tool to whip up mobs of the uneducated and easily impressed.

2. Since when have most of the Southern states been civilised? Or North Carolina, ever?

3. No, Rehan, They are Christians. That is what Christians do.

1. Well, yes and no – Quakers are Christians too, and I really don’t think they’d be advocating such things.

14. Conservative Religion and Child Abuse… not heard of that mix before….

1. Where’ve you been? Have you not heard of Catholic priests and choir boys?!

1. Welcome to the United Kingdom, we use this literary tool called Irony quite often here ;)

1. Doh! I so hate being dumb :(

15. Not only is he advoating child abuse but he is leaving terrible marks in the aisle where his knuckles are dragging!

How can he even call himself a man of god? I don’t believe in God but I am damn sure if he did exist he would not like a nasty vile person such as this man speaking for him!

16. What’s the betting that this one will be caught in a hotel room with meth and rent boys before the year is out?

1. you are so right -

2. Christ (as it were) no, I hope not. Even the thought that he might be, even in inclination, on my side of the fence is revolting.

17. this so called ‘man’ is another great example for mercy killing – Organised religion has been forced to reveal it’s obscene underbelly – all this to protect the ignorant and unevolved having to think – It’s utterly disgusting –
    In the past year I have influenced over a dozen hetro/religious aquaintances to abandon their ‘Faith’ all thanks to these retards – Keep it coming bigots and we will be able to alienate all the worlds people from your clutches!

18. Incitement to violence: In the UK this moron could be arrested for this. What a vile piece of scum is this guy, and his gullible sheep lap up his hatred.
    No doubt the religious apologists will be posting their usual crap here.

1. ‘…No doubt the religious apologists will be posting their usual crap here…’

no need to be condescending

1. I trust you are being ironic. Any decent human being – yet alone LGBT people – who belong to a religion, want their heads examined.

1. perhaps it would be wise to abstain from making amateur medical diagnosis and leave them to professionals like dr. Julia Gasper

1. Very good!

19. Religion:- the recourse of the stupid and the angry.

1. Will, I am neither stupid nor angry. That statement is just as unkind and angry as all that stupidity this hate-mongering maniac is spewing. Generalizations are dangerous. Radical ANYTHING is dangerous. That includes radical religion, radical atheism, radical politics, whatever. It IS possible to maintain a faith without harm to others. I chose my path with much thought, and knowing that I can’t support something that doesn’t take human decency, and respect for all people into consideration. And believe it or not, the God of my understanding allows for that! This guy is just plain a nutcase, and NOT a respresentative of what true faith is about.

1. Who defines ‘true faith’? This bully’s faith is as true to him as yours is to you. If you are claiming an objectively true faith, you are being incoherent, since no such claim can be made about an unverifiable assertion. All too common among religious folk.

2. Well Pam, you see there is a difference between “faith” and religion for starters.

And I refer you to this page (its Wikipedia, I know, but the reference s are valid), where you see I am NOT generalising nor it my statement extremism – its scientific:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

And Here:- http://news.yahoo.com/low-iq-conservative-beliefs-linked-prejudice-180403506.html

As you see, its irrelevant how offended you are, it happens to be true.

20. plastic church, plastic pastor, plastic congregation

1. Amen to that! ;) I’m a recovering Baptist, and sadly, this is pretty typical of them. It’s a “cookie-cutter” religion, where everyone is expected to believe exactly what the pastor tells them. Unfortunately, they seem to have burned the cookies……

1. Unfortunately his hate promotes people hurting those of real flesh and bone. He is a disgrace to the human race and it makes me sick that he is an American. I guess psycho zealots come in all races and nationalities.

1. They come from America a lot, it seems to be where the majority come from.

21. Pastor Harris should be given a good punch enforced re-education himself.

(“Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist. Man up. Give him a good punch. Ok?”)

22. What an awful individual!

23. Nutjobsareeverywhere 2 May 2012, 1:14pm

Arrest him for infighting violence and child abuse the dick

24. Also, it might have some backward people in it but I’m pretty sure assaulting and injuring a child is still a crime in South Carolina. And it should really go without saying that religious leaders don’t have the authority to give people “special dispensation” to break the law, even there.

Though I note that he’s also campaigning for legislative change. Isn’t the US constitution very clear that reliigous groups only get their tax exemptions if they don’t involve themselves with politics? Methinks somebody should contact the IRS about him.

1. Here in Texas even the most minor (if there is such a thing) injury to a child charge is a felony with a term of 3-5 years in prison. If one of these so called parents hurt their kids all it should take is the child telling one of their teachers or school counselors. This hate spewing psycho should be charged with inciting violence at the very least.

25. Robert in S. Kensington 2 May 2012, 1:21pm

This is the kind of thing that those so called ‘ex-gay’ ministries thrive on. They believe in aversion therapy in addition to praying away the gay. All of those right wing fundamentalists support it.

26. Hodge Podge 2 May 2012, 1:22pm

Limp wrists can still throw a punch, Sean Harris had better remember that next time he considers hitting a queer kid.

1. Sean Harris would do well to remember that a lot of the gay kids he objects to will be spending a disproportionate amount of time in the gym.
      I look forward to him sharing these views with a butch muscle mary in the near future.

2. My husband said that he would be more than happy to teach this jackass a lesson not soon forgotten. One day, though, he is likely to get the WRONG person mad and that person will clean the floor with him.

27. This guy could do with opening a book and reading a little about gender performance.
    My heart feels heaving for the children of the parents in attendance who will actually take this all on board.

28. This man is a complete moron! Who does he think he is?

29. Utterly repulsive individual who I hope suffers a HUGE fall from grace in the near future.

30. QUICK!

Let’s all rush to conform to our gender roles! Men go to war, women have babies! Pink and blue only, there are no purples in this strange man’s world!

Feel so so so so sorry for any non-conforming child in his church. Remember, hobbies and interests, personal tastes and dislikes have nothing to do with being LGBT. His hateful message will damage gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans* and straight children. These teachings are nothing short of child abuse!

31. Paul Williams 2 May 2012, 2:58pm

Religion…Get rid of it.

1. Paddyswurds 2 May 2012, 6:20pm

@Paul Williams….
      …I agree wholeheartedly and we here in Ireland have a better reason for saying that than most. Unfortunately, as someone further down the thread has said “religion is the opiate of the people” albeit deluded people, and will take a long time to eradicate completely Unfortunately most of us here now won’t live long enough to be able to rejoice its final eradication and mans ultimate freedom to be able to think for himself. The more the masses become educated properly and realise the hoax that religion is, the quicker it will disappear.

Stand by for a tirade from the apologists to berate us for this opinion.

32. Errol Semple 2 May 2012, 3:16pm

Typical Baptist religious bigot.
    Should be charged with counselling the commission of a crime.

33. Robert in S. Kensington 2 May 2012, 3:18pm

Those limp-wristed people he’s referring to were the very people who catapulted the gay rights movement into a force to be reckoned with, the original Stonewall in New York in June 28th, 1969, some of them were drag queens. I suspect he’s a closeted self-loather to obsess so much about effeminacy. Religion is their cover of course.

34. Errol Semple 2 May 2012, 3:22pm

Religion is about hate.
    Gay is about love.

35. Dangermouse 2 May 2012, 3:29pm

pure evil he makes my skin crawl

36. Robert in S. Kensington 2 May 2012, 3:40pm

Karl Marx so aptly put…”religion is the opiate of the people’. They’re all addicted to it, a mental illness if you will.

1. I find that to be insulting to me, but you have a right to your opinion. Religion is such a broad term.

2. Organised religions offer people certainties, which are much much easier to deal with in life than thinking for yourself. Some of the sillier religio-trolls who clog these forums would have a seizure, or at the very least a breakdown, if they had to think independently rather than just parrot their often simplistic platitudes.

37. Garry Cassell 2 May 2012, 3:54pm

I find it rather odd that this site would carry this hatred, but yet ban certain comments by the readers..I have found some of my comments on this site not printed…Just wonder whose side this site is on..

1. After leaving your message you may need to right click, then click reload?

38. Are you kidding me!? This guy is stupid, Simple as that. If the parents of these children actually followed this guys nonsense then the children should be taken away from the parents due to abuse. He is basically saying “beat the hell out of your children in anyway you can to stop them growing up gay”. The parents would be committing child abuse, plain and simple. This is really disgusting, it truly is.

39. M. Knight 2 May 2012, 4:04pm

Pastor IDIOT is a GODAMN MORON.
    Does not speak for GOD nor educated people. Should be taken out side and have his Nuts stomped on. I’d love to show him MY limp wrists.

40. Don Harrison 2 May 2012, 4:27pm

Next he will talk of the West Boro Baptist Church

1. That is another group of psychos that need to evaporate and leave the world a cleaner place.

41. He’s an idiot and please keep him on that side of the atlantic, thank you very much.

1. I promise to pay for his ticket to ship him the heck out of the US. Maybe the airline could flush him down the toilet while over the ocean with the other poop. Probably give the poor sharks indigestion.

42. He probably has an IQ of 2, and his congregation have an average IQ of 1.

1. That’s only if you are generous and are rounding up.

2. but people listen to him, that’s what is so distrubing, and carry out his malicious doctrine

43. Keith SIMPSON 2 May 2012, 5:29pm

‘He’ …gives a special dispensation…?
    And who ‘He’…

Cretin.

So glad I dumped ALL religion 50 years ago.

Keith.
    SALFORD

1. Peter & Michael 2 May 2012, 7:06pm

We too ! When they call at our house we send ‘em packing !!

44. This guy is a W****r, how to drive your child to suicde should be its title!

45. Christopher 2 May 2012, 5:46pm

In spite of the variety of males and females in plain sight all around us, this man preaches a narrow, simplistic view. Why?

What is so threatening about variety? Who thought that human variety was a threat in the first place, and why did mass conformity take over??

Religion… what a history!!

This man is insulting to us as a species. He insults ALL our intellegences…

46. Paddyswurds 2 May 2012, 6:06pm

One wonders how long until we hear of this bigots downfall. He certainly comes across as someone who is shouting very hard in order to conceal his own repressed homosexuality and it is just a matter of time until the rent boys start tumbling from his, one suspects,very crowded closet……

47. Sadly I was raised in just this type of climate all through my childhood. The biggest problem with this guys teachings will be the children after they grow up. I’m a firm believer that I was born gay. Having the parents attempt to beat the gay out them will simply lead to broken marraiges and broken families because the children as adults will not be able to dismiss the gay feelings they have inside. So not only is he reuning families now but also the future of families of these gay children.

1. It’s fascinating how they always pull the “I was misquoted” card out of their ass when the proverbial hits the fan. Listening to the actual words he spoke and the usual crazed delivery so fashionable in that particular business there is not a shred of doubt about it, that man is a dangerously deluded character, and of course both he and his his burbling congregation of neighing a-meners should be up for a visit from the authorities ref the very real possibility of child abuse taking place among them.

48. Peter & Michael 2 May 2012, 7:04pm

What a horrible ungodly person this man is !

49. I’ve got to say that as a Christian and as a priest I am shocked and disgusted that anybody should be preaching this sort violence against anybody.
    Surely this clip alone provides grounds enough for his congregation to disown him unless or until he repents?

1. His congregation is 100% for him, listen to the A-mens at each utterance. They think like he does, they think he’s right. If you look at his background and the ‘reasons’ he gives for getting into the ‘god’ business in the first place much will be explained about his present behaviour.

50. Was it only me, or did any catch the repressed S&M sexuality in that guy? This guy is about as straight as George Renkers, the guy who started the homophobic Family Research Council and was caught hiring a male hooker from rentboys to “carry his luggage”.

51. I’m a fairly masculine guy but this got to me. Hating gays isn’t fine, but demanding that people beat their own children like this is an affront to humanity.

52. Keith SIMPSON 2 May 2012, 9:50pm

Ok; so crack the limp wrists of your effeminate sons, you daft pastor(d)..!

And what about your other sons?

The ones who are military men, policemen, firemen, weightlifters, body- builders, footballers, rugby players..?

Yer daft Yanky religion-ridden git.

Get a life.!

Keith.
    SALFORD

53. Robin Evans 2 May 2012, 10:04pm

I just hope the prick lives to regret the damage he is doing…

54. Hey American LGBT viewers, do you not have a federal or state law against this sort of deluded hateful homophobia? Considering all the recent cases of young guys taking their own lives of late, this makes my blood boil! Shame this hateful so called ‘man’ to the rest of the USA. and hopefully the authorities. He’s a discrace to mankind!

55. he should be taken to some space center and the launched into the space with very little oxygen so he could first think of what he has done and then just float to a galaxy far far away lol.
    never to be seen again…

same goes for any hateful bigot!

56. Why is this guy not being prosecuted for inciting violence?

Do the US police just sit back and do nothing.

Set L Gaga on him.

57. Peter Gregory 3 May 2012, 12:10pm

Will he be caught in a cubicle next week sucking a boy off?

58. I think this ingnorent p***k need his neck cracking and good punch in the face.