Boy Scouts of America official resigns in protest over expulsion of gay mother

1. Good on him for making a stand! HOw many others will do the same?

2. Custardpie 1 May 2012, 3:10pm

Just a thought.. but wouldn’t this be something they’d want?

Being rid of someone who supports this kind of thing must be swell for them.

1. Cameron Gazzola Black 1 May 2012, 3:18pm

Custardpie, it brings them lots of very bad publicity, and that is NOT something they want

1. Custardpie 1 May 2012, 5:50pm

Well okay then… I guess you have a point.

3. Interesting , as if we look at Baden Powell’s personal history, some have drawn some revealing questions about the founder of Scouting.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 1 May 2012, 5:53pm

Of course, we know what the underlying reason for all this is don’t we. Bloody religion!

4. Yes, good on him for making that stand. But to “feel it was wrong” is quite an understatement!
    And, as Pink News readers will not need reminding, being gay is not inconsistent with being “morally straight” (whatever that means anyway)

1. Oh, I’d imagine “morally straight” means that one at least pays lipservice to the local consensus of taboos and ritual behaviour and avoid getting caught when you ignore them.

5. I hope others take a stand!

6. My brothers were Boy Scouts and guess what one of them was gay and in the closet. I thought I would never live to see the day that the Boy Scouts became a anti gay hate group. Shame on you BSA, shame on you for going along with the mob agreement to hate LGBT people. You at one time set the example bun ot now, I would never send my son to be a Scout because now you teach hate the same as the anti gay Christians who hate gays.

1. Robin Evans 1 May 2012, 10:23pm

I think they are Christian aren’t they… ???

1. They think they are, despite the evidence.

7. David Nottingham 2 May 2012, 10:26am

Has it not occured to BSA that many hundreds (if not thousands) of their number are gay anyway and that this action gives a serious message of intolerance and blatent discrimination. A message, which we know from bitter experience, can seriously harm young gay people and may even drive them to self harm and suicide. Blood on their hands is hardly a good outcome based on the principles of the Scout Law and Promise! Well-being and health of scouts? Errr, I don’t think so.

8. Irrelevant. Bad publicity of this sort in 1991 didn’t matter. These days it does. Unless the BSA changes this policy they’ll have more leaders than children within a generation, probably a lot sooner.

What are they going to do then? Rebrand themselves as an adult-only No Gays Allowed hikers club? Either they move with the times or they lose out. Their choice.