Ray-Ban campaign features gay couple

1. how long do you think it will be before the religious freaks start screaming about boycotting Ray-ban?

Nice advert though

2. I’ll give it a couple of days before onemillionmoms try to start a boycott!

1. With every mention of One Million Moms, I think of Ellen DeGeneres’ comment: One Million Moms has about 6000 members on Facebook. I guess they round up.

3. Ben Foster 28 Apr 2012, 6:31pm

and i bet Ray-Ban are quaking at the thought of being boycotted by these people who probably never buy their product anyway.

4. It was said that gay sports personalities shouldn’t come out because of sponsorship fears. Well, this proves otherwise!

5. Way to go Ray-Ban! I knew I liked their stuff for a reason lol :P

I wonder how long it’s going to be before homophobes start a ban/blacklist/campaign/petition against them.

6. Dan Filson 29 Apr 2012, 9:32am

Rather a dorky couple, methinks. They look like Republicans to me.

1. GingerlyColors 29 Apr 2012, 1:04pm

To me they are a couple of well-dressed gentlemen. Gay men are known to take their appearance seriously.

2. It seems to suggest the early 1950s, I think looking ‘Republican’ was pretty much par for the course then!

3. Christopher 30 Apr 2012, 12:54pm

This from the man who dresses like an insurance salesman… let’s see you in a muscle shirt so we can compare.

7. Spanner1960 29 Apr 2012, 10:17am

The photography was by Mark Seliger in the style of Herb Ritts. A really good ad campaign.

Big version here:

8. GingerlyColors 29 Apr 2012, 1:02pm

Thumbs up to Ray-Ban, say no to Gay-Ban!

9. *counting for butt hurt bible thumper’s boycott cries in…3 ..2…..1*

10. This is great. But there are times, when I see stuff like this, that gay women get forgotten about as if the only gay people are gay men! There was an add from abroad as I remember and it featured gay men. No gay women to be seen :(

11. Mary Flying Eagle 30 Apr 2012, 6:04am

Yea Ray-Ban!!! Yes straights, thats the way we live, just like most folks, we wear glasses, sunglasses,walk on streets, Etc, etc. So get with it, we are, here to stay.

12. Great image. Well done Ray-Ban!!

13. Some people wear glasses. Get over it.