UKIP candidate suggested gays ‘stop complaining and start thanking straight people’

1. What’s the difference between a UKIP politician and a bucket of horse sh!t?

The bucket.

Frankly, she is too pig ignorant to even bother debating.

1. Please don’t insult the pigs! ^^’

1. Poor pigs – don’t bring them into this.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2012, 6:59pm

Someone should ask her for the evidence. It always amazes me that none of them can.

3. Is that really the best argument you can come up with? A tired joke – and one with racist origins, by the way? I don’t agree with her, but her point that adoption is supposed to be in the interests of the child, not the adults is one which is too often overlooked whatever the sexual orientation of the parents. Aside from that, how exactly will you convince people that they’re wrong if anything tricky is dismissed as ‘not worth bothering with': on that basis, we’d still be sitting in caves wondering whether rocks were edible :)

1. Because the silly old twunt is arguing from a phoney, illogical and false position. You might as well slam your head against the wall than debate with someone so wilfully bloody ignorant.

2. If she provides peer-reviewed empircal data (that hasn’t since been discredited) then it’s worth debating. She hasn’t provided any of this so everything she says is little more than useless noise. But hey, welcome to politics and nationalism. Who needs data when you’ve conjecture, right?

3. Her argument about the biblical character Jacob not being in a polygamous relationship is so stupid that even a child could see there is something wrong in her head. You can’t seriously argue with someone that has such mental disorder.

2. Thanks mum and dad.

There. Can we get back to the real issues now, please?

1. Bill in SF 29 Apr 2012, 4:34pm

She’s right, though. You do owe your mum some flowers for Mother’s Day, and your old man a beer at the pub.

3. Of course, homosexuals can procreate, and many of our parents and grandparents today might be gay or bi people who were (and still are) in the closet…

1. Paddyswurds 27 Apr 2012, 6:42pm

….because of ignorant homophobic pigs like her when they were young….yet 50 years on we are still dealing with the likes of her…..

2. The Intolerant homosexuals preach and spew nonsense, eventhough they know they are deviants. Sorry, but you won’t make a difference here. … Try it on the weak minded. … You know what you are and so do we. … You will not get acceptance here. … You make bad choices, you live with them and the humility that comes with. … You are but a part of a small minority ( suspect minority ) that is on a radical movement too convince others that you are normal and that homosexuality is normal. … Guess what? It’s not gonna work. ……. The more You all push it, the more it will go against you. … You are Your own worst enemy. ….. So keep on talking! ….. Let us hear You loud and clear. …

1. Paddyswurds 30 Apr 2012, 11:51am

@Paul….
        …well we seem to be winning the battles and the war so far and let me tell you pet, that is not going to change. When we are finished religion will be lying underfoot in tatters as we expose the falsehood that it is and always was and will be sorry it took us on This is one battle religion should have stayed well away from as it will learn to its cost.. A false promise in order to rape and pillage. Well it is well and truly over.

4. Dan Filson 27 Apr 2012, 6:06pm

Nuts, whole hazelnuts! Fortunately she won’t get anywhere

1. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2012, 6:58pm

Hopefully not. I hope the good people of Oxford don’t take her seriously. She’s a blight on the beautiful landscape of that equally beautiful city.

2. Hopefully indeed not!

5. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2012, 6:06pm

Someone should send the idiot the latest article by Dr. Robert Spitzer who has disclaimed the ex-gay movement.

I hope someone investigates this witch.

1. That’s insulting to us witches. We, at least, don’t put forwards arguments that are full of holes and lacking anything approaching logic.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 2:51pm

Alice, I have absolutely nothing against “good” witches, but this one isn’t one of them. My apologies.

2. Wiccans and Occultists don’t put forward arguments full of holes and devoid of logic?
        When did this development occur?

2. Gemma Gillon 1 May 2012, 1:10pm

Dont know..there are some people who think they were gay but find out there not jus tlike straight people who think there straight but turn out to be gay…

6. Hmmm. Makes you think this whole free speech thing is totally wrong,

1. I don’t know about that Fisher. At least when these psychos ramble on we know what their stance is. We have our own nitwits like this in the US that just can’t shut their hate and ignorance spewing mouths. The only positive is we know who they are.

1. Exactly! Know your enemy.

7. Its fairly obvious, and has been for a while that UKIP is just a BNP that any race can join, if they are christianists.

The are rotten to the core.

8. I do value my parents and them bringing me into the world.

If my parents were anything like Dr Julia Glasper – I would disown them.

1. Sadly, if they were like Dr. Julia Glasper, they would have disowned you. I hope that your parents do value you as you are.

And I hope Dr. Glasper has some kind of awakening before she does any more damage.

2. Paddyswurds 27 Apr 2012, 6:44pm

My beloved father yes but my mother was just like this ignorant homophobic pig and RC xtian to boot….

3. “Dr”?????? From which university?? We should sue the university that gave her the title.

9. Steve Sampson 27 Apr 2012, 6:09pm

I think this whole thing is about creating more problems and causing division. Thinkbefore you speak. Are my words for the good, for the non-good, or just to inflate my ego?

1. All of the above, actually. For the “good” of those who believe as she does, for the “non-good” of those who oppose her views, and to inflate her own ego by pretending to be superior to ANYONE!

10. She wants gay people to be more grateful and in the next breath, recites all the homophobic arguments that make gay life hell? She is clearly out of her mind and not fit to lead anyone.

11. The question is, would ayone choose to breed with Julia Glasper – doubt it, she looks scary and thats before she opens her mouth!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2012, 6:56pm

The very thought of it would turn me off sex for life!

12. joe reilly 27 Apr 2012, 6:14pm

The woman’s a Fool

13. Benjamin Cohen 27 Apr 2012, 6:15pm

“PinkNews.co.uk was unable to reach Dr Gasper this afternoon to express gratitude.” LOL Stephen, good one

14. Mumbo Jumbo 27 Apr 2012, 6:15pm

Point and laugh.

15. Who is this person? How did she acquire the title Dr? I struggle to understand how a Dr can be so ignorant and stupid! You’re the ungrateful one love, why don’t you crawl back into your mothers womb.

I’m very grateful to my mum and dad for making me! There is no war between straights and gays! It’s bigots who are the problem! They’re ungrateful! They started it! We’ll finish it!

1. I’m guessing that if she really does have a doctoral degree (unlike, say Gillian McKeith, or, to give her her full medical title, Gillian McKeith) it’s probably not in anything even vaguely related to the biological sciences, anthropology, cultural history or formal logic.

Though if I was the university or fraudulent online degree mill that awarded her such a qualification, I’d be seriously embarassed right now given her utter inability to recognise what good arguments look like.

2. Paddyswurds 27 Apr 2012, 6:47pm

I have serious doubts this pile of shyte came from a womb…… More like the result of a mad scientists experiment gone badly wrong, going by that unbelievably ugly eek….lol

3. From what I can find out on Google she has, perhaps surprisingly, a respectable-sounding DPhil in English from Somerville College.

4. The Intolerant homosexuals preach and spew nonsense, eventhough they know they are deviants. Sorry, but you won’t make a difference here. … Try it on the weak minded. … You know what you are and so do we. … You will not get acceptance here. … You make bad choices, you live with them and the humility that comes with. … You are but a part of a small minority ( suspect minority ) that is on a radical movement too convince others that you are normal and that homosexuality is normal. … Guess what? It’s not gonna work. ……. The more You all push it, the more it will go against you. … You are Your own worst enemy. ….. So keep on talking! ….. Let us hear You loud and clear. . . .

1. I think when you refer to the ‘weak-minded’ you are speaking of yourself, Paul.

16. In the USA and West Indies, Slaves children were a byproduct of the slave owners ownership, whether indirectly or directly. I bet they never thanked their owner for being born into slavery either

1. Gemma Gillon 1 May 2012, 1:13pm

well said.

17. I can’t help visualising Kenneth Williams either with that name, Oooooooooh Dr Gasper.

18. I’m with the doctor the whole way

1. Bed Haggard gimme a man for jesus! 27 Apr 2012, 6:29pm

Yes love and she’s feeling your bumps as we write. The prognosis is that you are both morons.

2. Obvious troll, get back under your bridge now!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2012, 6:38pm

I think a rock or a cave would be more appropriate for the neanderthal. Proof positive that devolution exists, ditto the “witch” doctor.

3. Then take her “all the way”. It’s obvious she needs it and bad. Just don’t let her see your child-sized pe nis.

4. Obviously not with your doctor enough.

5. There is a village somewhere missing an idiot!

6. Have at it anti homo

19. Ken Chekwas 27 Apr 2012, 6:28pm

What is wrong with what she said? Is’nt it the truth?

1. Not even close…

2. Bed Haggard gimme a man for jesus! 27 Apr 2012, 6:32pm

No love she’s a moron she has been visited by the angel moronee and lost her mind. Take care love she’s a tad infectious don’t get too close.

1. I do recommend you be careful with your broad brush. Affirmation and Mormons For Marriage are some of the most active pro-gay-rights and pro-marriage-equality organizations here in Utah, and they are driven by grassroots support of progressive gay-friendly Mormons. Gay rights champions are easier to relate to when they have close communal ties with the people who most need to learn and accept the message.

3. Put your brain in gear if you have one and consider her fruitcake ideas in the cold light of day, especially the ones about being gay only being a behaviour, gays never reproducing, the quaint implication that centuries of legal and social harassment shouldn’t be complained of, that heterosexuality can be validated by reference to the antics of ancient Semitic tribes, and that male homosexuality equates to paedophilia.
      Idiot.

4. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2012, 6:54pm

It would be if she could prove it with factual evidence. She can’t because there isn’t any. Dr. Robert Spitzer’s article has debunked the ex-gay reparatitve theory snake oil once and for all. I suggest you read it. Google it and learn something.

5. EVOLVE you FuKKKing Neanderthal

6. Not even by miles!

7. Truth is subjective, objective and obervable facts aren’t. She hasn’t provided any so no.

20. Homophobes do not exist independently of gay people. Without gay people to hate on, there would be no homophobes.

I await her fulsome profession of thanks to the gay community for allowing her kind to exist.

1. I love your logic! :D

21. I suggest she get a copy of “Who’s Who in Contemporary GAY & LESBIAN History” by Robert Aldrich & Garry Wotherspoon.

That should give her an idea of how grateful the world should be to gay people.

Having said that, it never fails to amaze me how much gay people love and care for their loving parents.

22. I suppose black people should be ‘thankful’ for being slaves too. They have no more choice about being black than we do about being gay. She hasn’t the first clue what she’s talking about, she’s a bigot, yet she still babbles on as if she’s well learned. She hasn’t the first clue what being gay is or means. This kind of homopohobia is very transparent though, and anyone with an IQ larger than that of a garden snail can she’s a bigot and a dinosaur thinker.

I’d like to see her say it to my face, that I should be thankful for any homophobic abuse I get. I’ll show her exactly how ‘thankful’ I am.

1. Paddyswurds 27 Apr 2012, 6:52pm

Where are my comments PN/

2. Paddyswurds 27 Apr 2012, 7:11pm

comments gone again.. third time….grrr

23. Someone explain the definition of polygamy to Dr Gasper.
    She thinks she speaks for all hetrosexuals, but she just represents the bigots.
    I may well be inclined to thank my hetrosexual parents for giving birth to me, doesn’t mean I have to give bigots a free pass.
    She should save herself a lot of trouble and just flush her electoral deposit down the toilet.
    UKIP as Stu said is the BNP for people who’ve passed a CRB check.

1. If I were a heterosexual I would be deeply embarassed by this woman claiming to speak for me. As someone who has lived in Oxford a lot recently, I’m already deeply embarassed that we let such a person onto the local council.

Maybe they could set up special suggestion boxes in the Castle Tavern, Jolly Farmers and Brewery Gate, with pictures of Ms. Gasper on the front, so that the gay residents of her fine city could better convey their sentiments of thanks to her in writing. I doubt they’ll be short of ideas.

1. I’d like to set that ball rolling curtesy of Lily Allen…

1. Oh I’ve always loved this song! Sometimes the bluntest message is the most eloquent.

2. Mark Waters 29 Apr 2012, 12:06pm

There is no ewcltorail deposit for local elections. Your ignorance is notable!
      Actually I believe she is already a councillor.

24. Paddyswurds 27 Apr 2012, 6:39pm

And this moronic and dare I say ugly bint is supposedly a doctor…. This person should not be allowed out alone in polite society. One is very assured by this outburst from her that she has effectively scotched any chance she ever had of being elected to any body never mind government so we wont have to avert our eyes for long because she will soon be a distant bad smell best forgotten……

1. You know I was about to take you to task for being ungentlemantly and point out that she can’t help being ugly. Then I thought, hell, yes, maybe it was her ‘choice’ like we chose to be gay! (note sarcasm)

1. FranklyBewildered 27 Apr 2012, 11:43pm

Hah, good one.

2. I quite agree poor child it’s bad enough to be born on the ugly tree but to hit every branch when she fell out is just too bad, and I bet her parents had to tie a pound of steak around her neck so that the pet dog would play with her

25. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2012, 6:40pm

I hope the people of Oxford aren’t dumb enough to elect this idiot.

26. michael nadin 27 Apr 2012, 6:43pm

what a stupid cow !

27. She sounds like an anti gay Christian psyhiatrist who should be electric shocking herself. If she had read the Bible she would know it says that God created man, gay and straght and that it is not a choice. She is an old corkscrew anti gay Christian, their kind makes troube for all of us.

1. “She sounds like an anti gay Christian psyhiatrist who should be electric shocking herself”

Thanks Harry, that it is so funny . . .

28. Is this the calibre of people being put up by UKIP?
    I suppose the Tory Right was just too namby-pamby for her.

29. Christine Burns 27 Apr 2012, 6:55pm

What a great name “Gasper”. Presumably because of the gasps elicited wherever she opens her mouth

1. Or the sounds men make when they pass by her at the clubs.

30. U.K.I.P seem to want to overthrow one form of dictatorship (The EU) and replace it with one of their own?

Who was it who said, the revolutionary of today is the dictator of tomorrow, or something like that?
    The only independence they seem to favour is their freedom to be oppressive? Glad they are speaking out, it’s very illuminating.

31. Paddyswurds 27 Apr 2012, 7:03pm

Pink News …Why is it that I have to post a comment such as this every time i make a comment in order to be able to see my own comments and replies??? they will reappear soon as I post this but next time i come back to this story they will be gone again???

1. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2012, 7:52pm

Try right clicking on your mouse or touchpad and select “refresh”. I’m having the same problem lately. Refreshing the page often sorts it out nicely. Annoying for sure.

2. They really need to sort this out. Posted a comment 30 minutes ago but the window returned Error. So I’ve no idea whether it’s gone through and is taking the usual 1hr to load up or if it I should re-post.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 12:15am

It’s obviously a Pink News glitch. As Spanner1960, Word Press is arguably one of the worst.

3. Spanner1960 27 Apr 2012, 8:26pm

Because they use a sh|tty back end system called WordPress.

1. Benjamin Cohen 28 Apr 2012, 1:37am

The site was really bad during the first few hours of this story. I think too many people trying to read this ridiculous statement by Dr Gasper. In terms of WordPress, we love it! You might not have been with us for the first few years where we had a way, way, way more tempormental system. You have to understand, that despite the ads, we are not a hugely commercial operation. Every penny made in advertising is spent increasing original journalism or funding LGBT campaigns and we don’t charge you to read our content, no paywalls here. A good journalist costs about as much a year as an extra server and we’ve been trying to get more good journalists. I think you’d all agree that Stephen in particular is doing an excellent job! Sorry though we sometimes have the downtime!

1. Paddyswurds 28 Apr 2012, 11:47am

@Ben….
          ….You can however ditch the Expander thingy for replies it is seriously becoming a pain especially if there a lot of comments.

1. Paddyswurds 28 Apr 2012, 11:49am

…..doing so will have no effect whatever on your servers as they still have to store all the content expanded or not…. Oh and by the way thanks for replying to my e.mail….not

4. I have a feeling that only comments that support the gay stance will be shown here. This is not a forum for balanced debate hence they will be not readily viewable. The clue is in the title of this newspaper!
      Try a mainstream newspaper for more balanced viewpoints in comments.
      Hope this helps Paddy.

1. Wow that is a milestone observation… Congrats Alan for the deep insight.

32. This ugly biatch should do something about her eyebrows…

just sayin’

1. I think she’s fit

2. because combatting homophobia with misogyny is always a winner. *sigh*

33. I would have to loved have seen her fighting for her suffrage rights!
    Why are you shouting in the streets? You should be thankful a man helped make you!

(sarcasm) ;)

34. Be aware folks that our first past the post electoral system- coupled with the current unpopularity of the Liberal Democrats could leave us with a Tory/UKIP government after the next election. It’s a real possibility and if it happens god help us!!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 27 Apr 2012, 7:50pm

I don’ t think the UKIP is going anywhere, John. The British public overall are a lot better than that.

35. What’s her doctorate in? She isn’t listed as a GP, although I did find an “Amonia Gasper” on the GMC database!

Found her. She’s an Indian with a PHD in…. English. ROFL

I’d trust Europe over Asia any day.

1. She has a PHD in English and yet she still has difficulty figuring out a union involving more than 2 people is polygamy.
      Good grief – perhaps we can demonstrate with glove puppets:
      “This is Jacob… Jacob is married to Leah. Jacob also gets married to Rachel… Jacob didn’t divorce Leah first, how many wives does Jacob now have?”

2. No need to stoop to racism meatus.

36. joe delmonaco 27 Apr 2012, 7:35pm

A new twist.Ii think we’ll call this one the “Alien” argument –

alien creature to john hurt:

“thanks, and sorry for all that blood and spaghetti all over the place, ciao, gotta fly”

37. We thank those who take their time to defend us and fight against discrimination, straight or gay, it doesn’t matter.

I haven’t come out yet but when i do all that matters is that i have friends and family who support me, no matter what their sexual orientation might be.

And to add, we don’t need straight’s or anyone’s approval for being who we are.

1. I hope things go well for you when you come out, but its much more fun being open and honest with everyone and to be able to go out and enjoy your sexuality and all its perks :P

38. Of course the good Dr is right. Why should gays be allowed to adopt when the orphanages and childrens homes aren’t full? It’s the same as fostering really, I mean Social Workers don’t have a hard enough job trying to find placements for all the kids whose heterosexual parents have failed them.

1. I’m assuming from the negative scoring of my comment that either people don’t read to the end of comments before hit like or dislike, or nobody gets sarcasm these days.

39. Doctor In what exactly??! Serious level of ignorance here. If she had a brain cell it’d be lonely. She has no idea what I say to my parents, and a homosexual parent, sorry doctor, my child for one had not relied on straight people to be born. The holes in her logic are enormous. Frowns.

1. Doctor of ignorance from the University if Mis-Information

40. Stupid cow.

41. kathleen johnson 27 Apr 2012, 8:29pm

She should read up on facts as to why some children are gay or lesbian..It comes from the mother who gave birth & its a natural as having a baby who is hetrosexual. She & folk like her are talking out their arse’s. I am very proud of my ‘Gay son’ who I simply adore & his friends are great as well.

1. Well done Kathleen, but watch out for some small minded troll disagreeing with you.

42. Such stupidity and ignorance is quite mind boggling.

43. Oxford is getting worse for this kind of crap. First there was the benighted Christian Concern conference (http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/03/01/graduate-hands-back-oxford-degree-over-christian-concern-conference/), then the Bishop of Oxford had a rant (http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yourtown/oxford/9579701.Bishop_criticises_gay_marriage_bid/) which was a particular shame because his predecessor Richard Harries was pro-equality, and now this moron.

I’m not in her constituency which is a shame (because I would have made a big fuss about not voting for her). I’m in Headington – our two councillors are both LibDem and are lovely, full-on LGBT-friendly, and pro-marriage equality. One of them, Ruth Wilkinson, is standing for re-election this time around and I heartily encourage other Headington residents to vote for her. If the worse should happen and Dr Moron did get elected (which I don’t think will happen), Ruth would certainly be a good antidote to her nonsense in the Town Hall.

1. Common Sense 27 Apr 2012, 10:32pm

Julia Gasper is standing in Headington ward (Quarry and Risinghurst ward) – I looked it up. Campaign for the Libdems.

1. Quarry and Risinghurst ward is different to Headington ward:

44. I would thank my heterosexual parents, just one problem: only one of them is!

45. I know it’s a nasty thing to say but wow, is she ugly? I certainly won’t be thanking HER parents!

46. Not everyones parents are straight. Can we thank the gay ones as well?

1. Yes, but I’m finding it difficult to thank the Gasper’s parents (whether they were straight or gay) for what they gave birth to …

1. FranklyBewildered 27 Apr 2012, 11:41pm

you know its not that they gave birth to her so much as the values they taught her. people are born gay, but they are not born bigots.

2. We obviously don’t count.

47. 2 champers sips to being a diva 27 Apr 2012, 10:25pm

She looks like one of those people who embarks on a train and within 5 minutes the carriage is putrid. Everyone can smell the rot, except the culprit. This woman stinks of hatred.

48. She has almost put me off the prospect of children – imagine if you had a child like her!

As I have said before UKIP is the BNP when you achieve a CRB clearance.

How she got a CRB clearance is making me wonder though!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 12:11am

Corruption within CRB, probably sympathisers.

49. WTF, that’s all I can say on the matter…W…T…F

50. PhD in insanity

51. johnny.33308 28 Apr 2012, 2:49am

Yet another person whose brain has been atrophied by ‘religion’…..big surprise….NOT!

52. Is that her attempt at a smile in that picture?

53. They have nutters like her in their party and yet still manage to get as many MEPs as Labour. And their popularity nationally is increasing too. I suspect the media isn’t looking as closely as they should at UKIP.

54. I wish gays would stop complaining.
    They are like wasps buzzing, you just want to swat them.

1. Bed Haggard gimme a man for jesus! 28 Apr 2012, 9:48am

I wish you would turn into a delusional religious nobody who will spend its entire life achieving nothing and that the entire world ignored. Well I got my wish come true.

2. Dr Robin Guthrie 28 Apr 2012, 12:05pm

Sorrt if “DEMANDING OUR RIGHTS” is annoying you however I do not really care if it is.

3. if gay people annoy you WHY ARE YOU ON A GAY NEWS WEBSITE

1. Angrily masturbating and then going off to have a good cry…you know, like all the trolls that drop by on their one-handed tour of the gay world…

4. Hey closet case, I like being swatted by the right guy. Thanks for getting me frisky.

5. Obvious troll is obvious.

6. Is this stormfront’s day off or something?
      Were you all bored of fapping to holocaust denial this weekend?

7. “They are like wasps buzzing, you just want to swat them.”

Said the anonymous coward on a gay site. Wow, we’re all quaking.

55. What the hell is UKIP?

1. Paddyswurds 28 Apr 2012, 12:12pm

UKIP is the political version of EDL They are anti everything just about

2. The UK independence party.

A far right/fascist political party.

56. GingerlyColors 28 Apr 2012, 7:11am

UKIP should concentrate on getting us out of Europe with all it’s bureauracy, petty regulations and the Euro and not concern themselves with our private lives.

57. Another one of those people who have forgotton or never experienced what it is like to want to be intimate with ANYONE let alone someone of the same sex.. The “Dr:” in her name is proof positive that she has over intellectualized her standpoint and not thpought it through on a more basic level… clever and stupid all in one package…

58. Guy Benson 28 Apr 2012, 8:18am

As a gay person who is also a member of UKIP, I would just like to reasure everyone, that while of course there are a few homophobes among us, we are most definatly not all this way, UKIP is a non racist, libertarian party.

1. Dr Robin Guthrie 28 Apr 2012, 12:04pm

Sorry.

But after all the homophobic bile from various member of UKIP, I will NEVER vote for them again.

Even Farrant say CP’s are “good enough”

1. Spanner1960 28 Apr 2012, 1:04pm

Farrage.

2. Common Sense 28 Apr 2012, 1:09pm

Have you ever read Junius On UKIP – I’d recommend. Google it

2. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 4:57pm

Excuse me, but the UKIP opposes equal marriage, end of. Therefore, homophobic. Supporting and voting for them means you are voting against your own interests. Just because many of us want the right to marry the one we love, shouldn’t deter anyone or any party from supporting it. Just don’t marry a gay person, simple as that. How on earth could our marrying affect anybody else’s? People still marry, they still have children, they still make gay babies. Nothing has or will change. In fact, allowing equal marriage doesn’t even redefine or change it. It merely expands a right already taken for granted by heterosexuals, a birthright in fact.

3. Tim Roll-Pickering 28 Apr 2012, 9:41pm

All parties have particularly nasty elements in them who are not representative of the party as a whole. But UKIP seems to especially attract such types and to senior positions, to not slap them down (I note you have not posted that Nigel Farage has publicly rebuked her) and to resort to dog whistle rhetoric in a number of areas that plays fast and loose with the facts.

4. After seeing repeateded bile online and on TV from 7 different UKIP candidates in the last 6 days, I could NEVER vote for them.

I also question the integrity of any LGBT person staying with them when they have so many homophobes making so many homophobic statements and are anti same sex couples marrying!

5. Your immigration policies are anything but libertarian, neither are your policies on maintaining coercive taxation.
      So no, you’re not.

59. She would say that wouldn’t she. Someone THAT ugly has to blame someone.

60. My parents were kind, caring loving people. Open minded and thoughtful – thank you. Now shut up Dr. Gasper – try addressing some real issue – like bullying, teenage suicide, discrimination,.

61. Where do they find this ignorant people? Is there a factory somewhere producing them?

What kind of Doctor is she? I wonder if she bought her doctorate of the internet like Gillian McKeith?

Lets hope the good folk of Oxford don’t make the mistake of electing her!

62. Oh dear oh dear, what an horrendous little woman. Nothing else to say really, she’s pathetic.

63. I have just rather “enjoyed” sending an e mail directly to UKIP Oxfordshire, ( contact details easily found by Googling).

64. Oscar Watson 28 Apr 2012, 11:00am

I know its generally unacceptable to slap women, but couldn’t a teensie exception be made here?

65. The woman clearly has ‘closet case’ written all over her. You just have to look at her pic! It’s not too hard to imagine her in leather drag.

1. please, i’ve just had breakfast

2. It might be time to reconsider judging people and their sexuality from one photograph. It takes shallowness to extreme.

3. Since you believe everyone is a closet case jafuf, it cheapens your argument somewhat.

66. Stephen Lodge-Patel 28 Apr 2012, 11:27am

biological sterility or repeated miscarriage is natural selection…so exactly what does this woman propose happens to children in need? Admit your homophobic

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 4:51pm

Purely and simply homophobic, but I bet she’s one of those who claim she has gay friends, therefore she can’t be homophobic and has no concept or itellectual grap to understand bigotry.

67. As a bi parent I’m quite happy to be thanked. Or don’t I count in her eyes?

68. I wouldn’t suggest Dr Gasper campaign door to door! People will be wondering whether Halloween has come early!

1. Paddyswurds 28 Apr 2012, 12:16pm

@Brenton….
      …………She is most likely the product of first cousins marrying for generations; apparently she is Indian and her doctorate is in English Lit.

1. Just because she was born in India it doesn’t follow she’s Indian. ‘Julia’ doesn’t sound particularly Indian to me.

1. Paddyswurds 28 Apr 2012, 11:09pm

@Rehan…
          ….That is a stupid comment; if she was born in India she is most definitely Indian She certainly looks ethnically Indian, however that would not change the fact. She is Indian even if she wasn’t ethnically so. Just as anyone born in England is English or in Ireland being Irish. Re her name, what has that to do with anything….Mary or Joseph are hardly Palestinian names are they? Get a grip …..

1. Bless. You really thing the historic people were called Mary and Joseph, do you? You need to get out more – or learn to read the NT in Greek.

So you think Cliff Richard, Joanna Lumley and Vivien Leigh were/are Indian, do you? Fascinating. Most people don’t, you know.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 12:57pm

She doesn’t need to dress for the occasion, she can go as she is. She’s a fright anyway!

69. Now i completely understand why i don’t vote UKIP. Yes my mum and dad created me and hetrosexuals created every other naturally born gay,lesbian, bi or trans person. YOU CREATED US. We are as natural as daylight! We would just like to be treated in exactly the same way as every other section of society. Its very simple really. Why we have to still fight for our equallty in 2012 baffles me at times, but its only the narrow mindedness of a hetro minority that now stop us from finally reaching our rightful goals!

70. I think Dr Gasper should complete an Equility & Diversity course to get a better understanding of its diversed people and its issues. If she get elected, she needs to understand/respond of the needs of Oxford East community. Being elected is not just a job for the indiviual, its a responsability to support/assist its people.

71. Aaron Darkwood 28 Apr 2012, 12:43pm

Who the HELL let this woman be a DOCTOR! I am a UKIP supporter and this woman DOES NOT speak for the party. I have just formulated a strong worded email to get her removed at ONCE! I am a gay gay, and have supported UKIP for some time. Not only have I asked her to be removed, but I wanted a press release stating UKIPs stance on gay issues as it does seem nothing has been put out there, in spite of us actually having several public eye gay candidates.
    This paper has printed some articles I notice regarding gay rights being removed if UKIP got in power. UKIP support the removal of interference by Europe in the Human Rights act and other laws and regulations. It simply does not believe that we should be governed by other countries, NOT that some of the rules,laws etc have valid issues.

1. Aaron Darkwood 28 Apr 2012, 12:45pm

UKIP is a strong and growing party, now hitting third place in polls, and it values the gay vote as it does anyone elses. UNLIKE the BNP and even some other parties, it values the contribution of every member of the public. It does have strong immigration rules and stances, but that is simply a numbers issue. We can not have 100,000 people entering the UK each year, even if they were al former Brits.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 12:55pm

UKIP has yet to reveal where it stands on equal marriage. My gut feeling is, it strongly disapproves. Until then, it won’t convince me and many others that it values the gay vote. If it really does, let it put its money where it’s mouth is and prove it. What is taking it so long? It’s been rather silent since the consultation began and I think we all know why. Isn’t it obvious to you and is it perhaps that you don’t support equal marriage either?

2. Seriously? You are a “gay gay” and “a UKIP supporter”? Perhaps you ought to try typing “UKIP lgbtqa rights” into google and read the results.

“this woman DOES NOT speak for the party.” No? Perhaps it’s just coincidence her comments are in line with other vocal members of UKIP then?

“I wanted a press release stating UKIPs stance on gay issues as it does seem nothing has been put out there, in spite of us actually having several public eye gay candidates”.

I guess you are referring to David Coburn here but if you come to the PinkNews website I can only assume your UKIP goggles filtered out his stance on same-sex marriage equality? Yes, a real Ben Bradshaw-esq boon to the gay rights movement there.

And Really? Nothing has been put out there? Like I suggest – try the above search. Or did you mean to say ‘nothing *positive* has been put out there’?

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 4:49pm

Exactly right, well said!

3. UKIP is the BNP for people who can string more than 3 words together in a reasonably coherent sentence.

1. very generous of you

72. Carl Rowlands 28 Apr 2012, 12:54pm

Being extremely bitchy – when looking at her I can understand fully why homosexuality would be a choice! -Apologies! this adds nothing to the argument but makes me feel better!

73. Dr Julia Gasper 28 Apr 2012, 12:57pm

How appalling that this woman, Cynthia Nixon, was “denounced” for speaking her opinions. Why should she be harrassed, bullied and insulted?
    Proof that the people who hate gays are other gays!

1. Being gay is a choice for BISEXUAL Cynthia Nixon. Basic category error. I don’t think she deserved to be harassed, but the point still stands.
      But then I don’t expect you to understand the subtleties of category errors if you don’t even understand that a guy with two wives is polygamous by definition.

2. The blog you link to is the perfect example as to why people felt what Cynthia Nixon was saying was wrong and dangerous. Because it has been taken completely out of context and grossly misrepresented in order to perpetuate the fallacy that homosexuality is a choice, much like what has been done with the Bible.

The blog paints us in the usual way that we are all supposed to be part of the same political party or religion. We aren’t. You choose to follow a religion or a political ideal, you do not choose a sexuality. Cynthia Nixon is attracted to both men and women, she is bisexual. However, she describes her attraction as something that she can turn on and off. That doesn’t even identify with most bisexuals. Nixon’s description of her sexuality makes it obvious that she has never fallen for an individual when it was inconvenient for her. As a human being, straight gay or bisexual, that makes her very lucky woman.

3. Nixon has said HERSELF that she is bisexual. Nixon has also said that she was too much of a snivelling craven (perhaps not her words) to admit it.

Honestly, you wouldn’t know the truth if it jumped up and kicked you in the junk.

4. Proof that the people who hate gays are other gays!

Are you giving us an example of a syllogism, Dr Gasper?

5. You might have read that Cynthia Nixon also explained her wording in that acting on feeings for a same sex person is a choice, not having the feelings. Basically it’s nothing different from chosing to act on heterosexual feelings….
      Obviously many who chose not to act on their feelings for a same sex partner do so out of fear for the intolerance they have already learned to be there in society…

74. I dont know whats more insane the fact she hopes to be a politician while talking such crap or shes a Dr and talks such crap.

75. Dr Julia Gasper 28 Apr 2012, 1:03pm

The ECHR ruled in a test case last month that there is no right to same-sex marriage. It has also recently rejected a similar attempt to legalize incestuous marriage.
    People who make accusations of “hate” are just bonkers. If I am opposed to child marriage does that suggest I hate children? Of course not. You must be hysterical to resort to such weak arguments.

1. The key phrase here is “Consenting Adults”. We are adults, we can give consent.
      I’m not seeing a vast movement to legalise incestuous marriage outside of Utah.

1. Paddyswurds 29 Apr 2012, 4:39pm

…or outside the Islamic community, where girls as young as eight are married off to uncles and first cousins…..

2. Yet another fallacy peddled by the Daily Mail & Daily Telegraph. Note the report was not made by a legal journalist. The ECtHR actually decided to leave this open to countries to choose at the moment:

Gas & Dubois v France was not about marriage but France’s convoluted laws on adoption. It referred to the previous case of Schalk and Kopf v. Austria which was about marriage: this case found that individual member states were not CURRENTLY obliged to offer equal marriage to gay couples under Art. 12 of the Convention.

However, it said that it would no longer consider the right to marry being exclusive to opposite sex couples and that once more Council of Europe countries allow equal marriages it would be willing to consider obliging the remaining countries to do so. It also found that the right to family life was not exclusive to heterosexual couples. Implying the distinction between same sex relationships and incestuous ones.

In light of the above, whose argument is weak?

1. Nice job… Thanks for your diligent effort

3. … a similar attempt to legalize incestuous marriage.

‘Similar’? From someone with a DPhil in English and therefore unlikely to be a casual mistake, the prejudice is noted.

4. Whats so bad about people having the option to have *civil* same sex marriage. I thought UKIP were a liberating force? It seems it’s more of an out of the frying pan into the fire party?

In what way would same sex marriage be detrimental to the country?

5. Funny how as a representative of UKIP you’re using a european ruling against us.

76. Dr Julia Gasper 28 Apr 2012, 1:11pm

I just got a WLTM message from somebody who had seen this photograph of me on the web. He asked if I was in a relationship! Flattering, I suppose.

1. To be honest no-one really cares what you look like. The comments on your appearance are juvenile and wholly unfair. But it’s difficult not to sink to the same level of shallow, spiteful and slanderous views as yourself when you choose to use them as a political candidate.

1. Hun, I doubt it’s her.

1. You’re probably right. It just sounded a bit too authentic for a troll.

2. only if they have the beer goggles on!

3. do not be flattered – it had to be a piss take – just look at yourself – not a good look – even in a cowshed

1. Why is it that gay men are way more bitchy than women? I’ve never quite understood why that should be. I’m thinking it may be a spin-off from being over-the-top camp – is that where it comes from?
        Any ideas out there?

77. She wrote: “Homosexuality (as Jean-Paul Sartre said) is simply a form of behaviour, not like being black at all. Black people could and did for thousands of years live independently on another continent, but homosexuals can only exist as a by-product of a heterosexual society.

This statement is, essentially, true. The homosexual act cannot and will never produce children.

Apart from that the women is a nut case.

As your were!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 3:00pm

True we can’t produce children by our sex act alone, but….neither your nor her mention that there are such things as invitro fertlization and surrogacy via donor sperm from gay men. Marriage isn’t the primary reason for procreation. Long before it was invented, people were still having children and will continue outside of marriage, including gay couples using the methods I referred to.

1. Very true but I always love it when people assert that gays are a drain on the human race because our unions can’t naturally reproduce. To be compared as less worthy a human to people who have kids by accident, then can’t look after them, cause thousands of pounds to be spent in dealing with the consequences of their failure as parents, well I never know whether to dignify it with anger or just laugh at the stupidity.

78. What an absurd comment stream. Is the best argument against her that she is a ‘moronic & ugly bint’. I had hoped to see some intelligent argument here, but instead, with few exceptions, there’s a load of name calling and a display of exactly the same intolerence she is accused of.

1. Not big on the ad-homs myself. Looks don’t come into it… however her notion that gay is a choice is naive at best. If it’s a choice why would gay people willingly put themselves through the hell of growing up gay in homophobic environments?
      Human nature is always to choose the path of least resistance, if gay is a choice then choosing to be straight would be a lot easier for a huge number of people. And yet they’re still gay.
      Even the ‘ex-gay’ researchers have disowned that one.

2. I agree, it’s quite unnecessary. The woman’s stupidity has nothing to do with her looks. The fact that she has a perfectly respectable DPhil and considers sexuality a choice is quite alarming enough as it is.

1. “…The woman’s stupidity has nothing to do with her looks…”

no, but in this case her looks compliment her stupidity

3. come up with something less moronic yourself then

79. ugly bitch

80. ahahaha, sorry i can only laugh. yes, such as small mind is very sad, but OMG is she stupid…

i really have pity with these people. having a life full of hatred and everybody is their “enemy”. can you be really happy like this?

ps: thanks mum and dad for “making” me. i’m really glad :D

81. David McKinnon 28 Apr 2012, 2:42pm

A person wo begins her statement with the words “Anyone who chooses to be gay….” has proven her ignorance and bias and has no credibility.

82. Dr. Gasper, I thank my parents for producing me and raising me, not all other heterosexuals as they had nothing to do with it (except for my ancestors) but I doubt you’ve bothered to go round thanking all of them either.

Your comments are farcical; btw after you thanked your parents and all your ancestors for creating you did you complain to them for having provided the genetic code that resulted in that face? Or the need for those glasses? No I didn’t think so.

83. OccupyEquality 28 Apr 2012, 3:11pm

Tell that gay basher that when gay bashers stop bashing us we will stop complaining about gay bashers bashing us http://juliagasper.blogspot.com/

84. Googling her produces 2 entries from UKIP’s 2012 & 2012 election campaign websites. Apparently: “Julia Gasper has lived in Oxford for more than twenty-five years. She was born in India, brought up in London, went to university in Reading and Oxford, and has a D. Phil. in English from Somerville College. She is now a lecturer and writer. Her two children are both at university”….Somerville must have let that one in to satisfy some politically imposed quota, one hopes..I wonder where she lectures and in what?…

1. Christine Beckett 28 Apr 2012, 3:45pm

She lectures in English, Mark.

2. Dr Robin Guthrie 28 Apr 2012, 10:52pm

“D. Phil. in English”

So she can “read” then!

85. (G)od (A)ccepts (Y)ou 28 Apr 2012, 3:30pm

Hahaaa what a stupid lady! In saying that her kind creates us she also saying that being gay is not a choice. She claims responsibility for giving birth to the third gender herself! Hahaa hence she must be obliged to love us!

1. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 4:42pm

She’s not heard of bisexuality, some are actually married and obviously hasn’t heard of invitro fertilization and surrogacy, the lattter using gay male donor sperm doesn’t register with the moronic halfwit.

86. Can she prove that my parents were heterosexual?

87. Christine Beckett 28 Apr 2012, 3:43pm

HHmm…

Another nasty piece of work from Somerville College.

Thatcher studied there too.

Must be something in the food.

1. Damn you beat me too it…Damn heteronormative agenda – they’ll be teaching it in schools soon.

88. what is her doctorate in?

1. clearly it doesnt take much intelect to get one

1. Paddyswurds 28 Apr 2012, 5:03pm

@Rehan…
        ….That is a stupid comment; if she was born in India she is most definitely Indian She certainly looks ethnically Indian, however that would not change the fact. She is Indian even if she wasn’t ethnically so. Just as anyone born in England is English or in Ireland being Irish. Get a grip …..

1. So by your reckoning Vivien Leigh was Indian? What planet are you living on?

1. Paddyswurds 30 Apr 2012, 12:15pm

@Rehan…
            ….If she was born in India then she is or rather was Indian. When she came to Britain she would have had to apply for UK citizenship and once granted she would have become a naturalised Citizen of the UK. Same applies to anyone born outside the country with the exception of Irish Citizens …..
            As a matter of interest what would you call someone born in India or France or Ireland say?
            In any sensible persons head they would be Indian French or Irish …………

2. Paddyswurds 28 Apr 2012, 5:06pm

There are these fake colleges all over the UK that give out fake doctorates for thousands of pounds to illegal immigrants so they can go back to the Indian sub continent and spread bigotry and ignorance

1. Somerville College is hardly a ‘fake’ college. Try to focus your ire where it might be in some way useful.

1. Paddyswurds 29 Apr 2012, 8:05pm

And? I can’t for the life of me find where I said Somerville College was fake…….Perhaps you could help find the comment for me. However i did make a comment about fake “Colleges” and “Universities” above and I stand by that statement. Check with the UkBA and they will confirm this.

2. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Apr 2012, 4:40pm

The devolution of the human brain! Clearly, she’s an example of it.

3. I think that someone above posted that she has a doctorate in ENglish Literature, so clearly not qualified to speak on such things!

89. “To talk about gays having a right to adopt is to treat the child like a form of merchandise. It is wholly unacceptable.”

It is about accesses to adoption process not the right to adoption per say you cretin

“Dr Gasper wrote: “Both marriages were regarded as valid. Does this mean that marriage was polygamous? Not at all. Jacob’s marriage to Leah united two people, a man and a woman. His marriage to Rachel also united two people, a man and a woman. Rachel and Leah did not marry each other!!! ”

the moron cannot even understand simple concept. polygamy is not about how many times you marry but to how many people you are married to .

90. May also this time she get nowhere, and may it remain a liberal district!

91. Scott Amundsen 28 Apr 2012, 5:07pm

I have one thing to say to you: I will stop complaining when innocent LGBT kids stop dying because of the cruelty of people like you.

“Bloody old bitch.” ~ Miss Casewell, THE MOUSETRAP

92. James Laurie 28 Apr 2012, 5:25pm

UKIP or not what a sensible lady this person is.Speaks clearly and practically I agree with her ..She does not appear to me to rubbish gays but speaks common sense into the scene which is so much needed .Well done I might even had voted for her if I lived in Oxford.

1. don’t be silly

2. Scott Amundsen 29 Apr 2012, 2:05am

“Sensible?”

You, James, are an IDIOT.

3. Poor James, I doubt you could write your name on the ballot paper.

93. Rudehamster 28 Apr 2012, 6:33pm

Has anyone else noticed that Julia Gasper looks like a bad tempered guineapig in a cardigan?

1. Oh, no. I’m afraid I can’t agree with that. Guinea Pigs are cute, fluffy and cuddly – so much so that I want a pair!

1. Rudehamster 3 May 2012, 2:21pm

Of course you are correct. I apologise to all guineapigs and to the makers of brightly coloured cardigans everywhere.

2. That’s a bit unfair on guinea pigs.

94. only vote she would get from me is if it was for a hanging

95. ‘Curiously they never express any gratitude for this’

!!?!!

My parents would beg to differ when I take round a card, a present and chocolate each Mother and Father’s day.

96. Chuck her off a cliff. Problem solved. She’s hideous anyway.

1. Paddyswurds 4 May 2012, 12:35pm

@Pigface…
      ….That is a disgraceful comment. On what level is that comment any better than what Julia Gasper had to say about GLBs. You seem to be a spit and run poster as we haven’t seen this Pigface moniker before. If you are a regular poster then shame on you. Advocating murder only gives these people ammo to throw back at us and no doubt your comment will be noted by our enemies…..

97. Janet Lameck 28 Apr 2012, 10:28pm

If this stupid biddy would do her reseach CORRECTLY she’d discover that paedophilia is most often in families i.e. incest, usually father/daughter. There is an occasional paedophile predator, but these run among both sexes almost evenly. Sadly it is all too true a child who was sexually abused usually turns out to be a child abuser. Males me wonder about the priests and lay orders of the various churches (not just the Catholic). My own father was bisexual while Mom was straight. My older brother is bisexual, I’m gay, and my younger brother is straight.

98. Robin Evans 28 Apr 2012, 10:42pm

It is dreadful that such a woman can be a doctor….

1. Interesting thing about that title is it instantly makes people think medical doctor and suggests some level of expertise (one of the homophobes in the comments made sure to use her title; probably to lend support to their argument). From what I can tell her doctorate is actually in english so unless you’re expectations are paticularly high for an expert on punctuation I wouldn’t worry too much. ;)

1. Oops should have been ‘your’, somone needs to bleep Dr Gasoer for me…

2. Have you read her blog? Her punctuation is dire. Her ability to make a coherent and reasoned argument seems also to be lacking.

In her first entry she is unable to discern between a fox killed by the hunt and a boxer who fights of his own volition. Evidently consent is not a word the doctor has come across.

“somone needs to bleep Dr Gasoer for me…”

What does this mean? You want someone to f@£k her for you? I can’t see why and I can’t imagine you’ll have much luck finding any volunteers.

99. I really like the point “give the kids to sterile heterosexual couples they deserve them.” Yeah because obviously there are only a few kids without homes in this country….
    Additionally isn’t this kind of a contradiction of the point of considering the interests of the child?
    At least we know what they’re independent of now: rational thought and sanity.
    I wonder which university gives a doctorate in talking absolute crap?
    Seriously there should be a law against these kind of positions in politics given that they are talking about something scientific but ignoring any scientific literature (which contradicts pretty much every one of her points). Paticularly if you consider the positions of the major medical and psychological organisations. There’s no excuse for this level of ignorance any more paticularly in someone who could get a bit of power, no matter how small.
    To quote Bart Simpson, “how can anyone with glasses that thick be so stupid?”

100. Dr. Gas Her! Please tell me what is wrong with my sentences? Afterall, you have a PhD in English right?

Btw, it SEEMS like it’s the only thing you have “credibility” for. So please, don’t speak or comment anymore about anything else besides English or people will sure know that you’re an idiot because of the words that are coming outta your mouth.

Last thing, I’m so sorry for the last run-on sentence. But English is not my first language. And I don’t think neither is it yours either, Dr. Gas Her…now!

101. You mean I am not able to create my OWN homosexual child, if MY body chooses to do so? I never knew that as gay people we weren’t able to be independent of heterosexuals?! Since when did my body stop working in sexual reproduction in order to create a child?

Stupid cow! Sorry but she bloody is! I only thank those who support my right to be treated as a human being, just as she expects to be!!! Frankly I see her as inhuman!

And as for adoption. What about all those straight single people who have adopted?! Are you going to tell them they have no right too? I think not!!

102. Meg from Family Guy: barely tolerated by her family and the butt of many jokes, but still loved, when push comes to shove. This lookie-likie should show us the same tolerance.

103. Derrick Coetzee 29 Apr 2012, 1:50am

Brief rebuttals: thanking an entire group because your parents are among that group is silly. I don’t go around thanking Delawarians because my mom is from Delaware. Moreover, gays can have kids unaided through surrogacy (lesbians can be voluntarily impregnated by gay men).

Obviously no one has a right to adopt if they’re not a suitable parent for the child. Gays want the same things in adoption and employment – to be treated equally as a candidate and not discriminated against on the basis of sexuality.

There is no link between homosexuality and pedophilia. That’s just a myth.

And Dr. Gasper really needs to look up “polygamy” in a dictionary. Jacob was not two people in two separate marriages. He had two wives. It is true that it was not a group marriage and so has little bearing on gay rights, but I have a feeling Dr. Gasper wouldn’t support multiple marriage for polyamorous people either.

104. ugly beeotch should thank her parents for not aborting her!

105. So there is a cure to heterosexualism in males…..a picture of Dr Casper!

106. This woman seems to be parroting the same BS pushed by Anita Bryant in the 1970s.

107. what a bitch

108. Should try reading her blog. It’s hilarious. Full of contradictions and reeks of close mindedness.

109. I also must thank my parents, my mum and dad, rest his soul. I may be gay but I am also more of compassionate person than this woman will ever be.

My parents made me who I am in terms of my personality not what I am because I am gay, nature made me that way and I had the fortune of being brought up by the two most wonderful people to ever grace my life.

Shame Dr (use the term very loosely) Gasper did not have the same

110. Mark Waters 29 Apr 2012, 11:59am

The sheer hate and aggressions smanating from readers of this forum is scarey! I think most of them sound psychotic.
    You have pilloried this perfectly nice, reasonable woman just for expressing some opinions in a calm and respectful way. You make yourselves look like the bigots.
    I am not a particularly heterosexual person myself, but I think the hysteria on this site is looney, it is barmy, it is truly bonkers. You should change the name of Pink News to Shrink News -because frankly, that is what most of you need!

1. clearly you haven’t seen readers’ comments in response to daily mail articles

yes, some of the comments on here are harsh especially the ones referring to her looks but they express genuine anger at complete opposite to what you have described as “expressing some opinions in a calm and respectful way”

2. Well-said Mark – someone had to!

111. Mark Waters 29 Apr 2012, 12:02pm

I cannot find any contradictions. I think her blog is very stimulating.

1. it tells a lot about your intellectual capabilities

112. Procreation is the choice of parents – not the offspring. Children, irrespective of their sexual orientation (which should not be relevant), have no control over their conception. Many heterosexuals may elect not to procreate, but that does not render their role in society as inferior. Homophobia and prejudice cannot be justified by references to procreation and as someone else has pointed out, some homosexuals and in particular bisexuals have been procreating for thousands of years. Statistically, someone in Dr Gasper’s ancestry will have been a covert bisexual, so she might not even be here today if it wasn’t for that!

113. This just shows how out of touch some of these politicians are with “real people”. Especially the far right. It’s absolutely ridiculous that someone of her calibre would make a statement like this. Gay people would not chose to be hated on and chastised, her tired argument that homosexuality is a choice is ludicrous let alone that nonsensical statement that we should thank straight people for giving us birth. Really? Gay people could also “choose” to have children if they wanted to so her entire argument is flawed.

1. she isn’t an elected politician…. and as for calibre… she is scraping the bottom of the barrel intellectually. youmwould shocked if you,saw the awful standard of writing in her blog.

114. Share your thoughts with her… Her email address is public: http://www.ukip.org/branches/south-east-region/96-ukip-oxford

115. Kay from NZ 29 Apr 2012, 1:17pm

Funny reading her totally contradictory platform statements like loosening the smoking ban in pubs but also do more for health, support the environment but also have more coal fired power stations … Her doctorate is in English not as medical practitoner so I wouldn’t call her Dr which makes her sound more intelligent than she is. http://oxfordshire.ukip.org/articles/745-julia-gasper-ukip-ppc-oxford-east

116. and UKIP actually consider themselves libertarian-left.

lol.

1. Dr Julia Gasper 29 Apr 2012, 7:15pm

There is no such thing as the Libertarian Left.
      UKIP is a conservative party, broadly speaking.

117. I quite agree! I think all my gay friends should thank me for giving birth to them! Oh hold on….I only gave birth to two people and I think I chose to do that. Oh yes, I remember, it definitely didn’t happen by chance. I chose to do that, it involved not swallowing contraceptive pills and swallowing folic acid instead. I can’t quite remember when I chose to be a heterosexual but I’m sure it will come back to me.

118. Alison Beck 29 Apr 2012, 2:39pm

The sheer number of hysterical messages on this website abusing this lady is horrifiying. She is not in any way a “gay-basher” and is far from stupid. Reading thew messages on this sirte proves that a lot of gay people are stupid, aggressive, netally ill and dangerous. They are also racist and ignorant. Even if Dr Gasper were Indain (which she is not, and never has been) it would be disgusting to attack her for it.
    You Pink News people are deranged.
    Kane for claims that polygamy means being married to more than one person. Wrong, Polygamy does not mean having more than one wife. Polygamy means being permitted to enter into more than one MARRIAGE. Poly =many. Gamy = marriage. Therefore Dr Gasper is completely correct about this.

1. Always nice to hear the rational reasonable counterargument….
      Dr Gasper does not respresent all straight people (thank God) and a few racist trolls here do not represent all gay people.
      It’s very nice to see you don’t generalise though.
      She actually is pretty stupid if you look at some of the facts behind what she’s talking about (i.e. science) which she and you wilfully ignore.
      Your post is all the things you criticise people here for (aggressive, stupid. ignorant, bigoted and deranged) also a bit obtuse By the way I’m pretty sure polygamy doesn’t assume permission and simply means a family that involves more than one marriage. Simply breaking a word down in to it’s root components does not give an accurate definition specifically of complex cultural ideas like this.

1. She’s talking about a specific form of polygamy, polygny which is a man having more than one wife. Her argument makes no sense, it’s still polygamy.

2. Alison, it is difficult to engage in civilized manner with someone that bases their so called rationale argument on stereotypes of the worst kind, she might be excellent in english literature but clearly thats where her intellectual capabilities end.

from wikipedia

‘When a man is married to more than one wife at a time, the relationship is called polygyny, and there is no marriage bond between the wives’

clearly u r not that bright yourself alison

3. Paddyswurds 29 Apr 2012, 4:50pm

@Allison liar…
      ……You are an idiot madam., and clearly are intellectually bereft. Did you ever access the UKIP website page of this vile Gasper woman…this is what the first four lines of her bio say…
      “Julia Gasper has lived in Oxford for more than twenty-five years. She was born in India, brought up in London, went to university in Reading and Oxford, and has a D. Phil. in English from Somerville College. She is now a lecturer and writer. Her two children are both at university.” Your attempt at colouring the users of Pink News as racist is despicable and dare i say worthy of the typical xtian bigot…. Once again madam you are a despicable liar….

1. I’m afraid She is most likely the product of first cousins marrying for generations; apparently she is Indian sounds pretty racist to me, Paddyswurds.

1. Paddyswurds 30 Apr 2012, 4:32pm

Have you anything to say about this bigoted sow…? If not why don’t you just fukkk off…….

2. Paddyswurds 30 Apr 2012, 4:35pm

Rehan…
          ….Have you watched East is East and are you familiar with the fact tha Indians and Pakistanis invariably marry their first cousins or have you always had your head up your arse?

4. Paddyswurds 29 Apr 2012, 5:07pm

@Allison stupid…
      …….The Concise Oxford Dictionary ; polygam|ous a. 1.having more than one wife or (less usu) husband at once; so pollyga’mic a.,~IST (I),~Y1, ns 2.(Zool.) having more than one mate (…..) (Gk polugamos (as POLY-, -gamos marrying) +-ous. That is the entry in the Oxford dictionary. Now you were saying? You are clearly an idiot and stupid enough to think you can come on a Gay website and spout rubbish to people who are obviously your intellectual superiors. Now in language your sort understands… Fukkk off and get some education.

5. Good for You, The HOMOS have You blocked as i expect the same.

6. “She is not in any way a “gay-basher” and is far from stupid.”

I assure you, she most certainly is stupid. She should try reading a scientific paper once in a while to validate that second rate doctorate he has…. and so should you, Alison.

7. Oh dear. Here’s a tip for you – try learning how to spell properly before calling other people stupid. Three mistakes in one sentence makes your argument look as hysterical as the “hysterical messages” you’re attacking.

Your ‘facts’ are pure fiction and you call us aggressive, following it up with a series of insults. Your creative interpretation of polygamy reminds me of people who twist parts of the bible to suit their own prejudice, disregarding the passages that contradict their cause.

Basically, you’re a hypocrite and not to be taken seriously.

119. Ashley Marlow 29 Apr 2012, 7:26pm

Holy crap… she can’t be serious can she? – Ashley Marlow (UK citizen living in Canada)

120. Dr Robin Guthrie 29 Apr 2012, 9:43pm

I’ll willingly give up my homosexuality the day this woman can prove that she can give up her ugliness and stupidity.

1. couldn’t have put it better myself – best place for that would be a very dark closet.

121. With that face, Im not surprised she needs the gay to thank her anything, because it may be the only thing she’d receive from a man… #IfyouknowwhatImean

122. What a great world we live in… Straight people breed all sorts now a days, gays and homophobia straight Christians with no dress sense!

123. Iam so glad I’m gay – Don’t need to be in the same room as the loveley Dr

124. I don’t know who you are, madam, but you did not give birth to me. I owe you nothing.

““Both marriages were regarded as valid. Does this mean that marriage was polygamous? Not at all. Jacob’s marriage to Leah united two people, a man and a woman. His marriage to Rachel also united two people, a man and a woman. Rachel and Leah did not marry each other!!!”

What? I….
    …what?

125. The Intolerant homosexuals preach and spew nonsense, eventhough they know they are deviants. Sorry, but you won’t make a difference here. … Try it on the weak minded. … You know what you are and so do we. … You will not get acceptance here. … You make bad choices, you live with them and the humility that comes with. … You are but a part of a small minority ( suspect minority ) that is on a radical movement too convince others that you are normal and that homosexuality is normal. … Guess what? It’s not gonna work. ……. The more You all push it, the more it will go against you. … You are Your own worst enemy. ….. So keep on talking! ….. Let us hear You loud and clear.

1. Paddyswurds 30 Apr 2012, 11:48am

@Paul….
      ….well we seem to be winning the battles and the war so far and let me tell you pet, that is not going to change. When we are finished religion will be lying underfoot in tatters as we expose the falsehood that it is and always was and will be sorry it took us on This is one battle religion should have stayed well away from as it will learn to its cost.. A false promise in order to rape and pillage. Well it is well and truly over.

1. How many times have you cut-and-pasted the same semi-literate twaddle on this thread? Is it really necessary to do so?

1. Paddyswurds 30 Apr 2012, 4:28pm

@Rehan…
          ……If you are referring to my reply to this Paul being I am just repeating when he does. he posted this same comment several times so I copied my answer from the first on in case it didn’t see the reply. In any case, what has it to do with you. You seem intent on commenting negatively on everyone’s comment Gay or Xtian.. Butt out…
          @Paul Essex…
          …To whose comment are you referring.? If mine, may I remind you that this is a GLB v religion as it is the deluded religious that are fighting to deny us our civil rights. Where have you been to now. This is the first comment I’ve seen from Paul Essex. Butt out of my comments and be assured I won’t be making any changes because of your pathetic acquiescence to the Xtian bullies. If you aren’t referring to me , apologies.
          I

2. Paul.Essex/London 30 Apr 2012, 1:40pm

(N.B. a different Paul)

3. Paul.Essex/London 30 Apr 2012, 1:47pm

(N.B. Different Paul)
        Will you stop turning this into Gays v Religion. I really do get sick of people like you who try to use me and other LGBT as your private army against Religion. We live in a state that has freedom of religion and religion and homophobia are not mutually exclusive. So until you can make a better case than the homophobes who use religion to support their views, kindly quit your pathetic little crusade.

2. I’ve really got to amend my name on hear so that I’m not confused with idiots like this guy.

126. Maybe she does a decent blow job….I mean: Big mouth !

127. someone should put her back in the attic and this time make sure the door IS locked

128. It is clear she a dyke. A closet dyke. Embrace the carpet, Julia.

1. Paul.Essex/London 30 Apr 2012, 1:50pm

I should find that funny but I do.

1. Paul.Essex/London 30 Apr 2012, 1:51pm

*shouldn’t*

129. Paddyswurds 30 Apr 2012, 4:48pm

Judging from the state of this ignorant bints blog, the D Phi in English from Somerville isn’t up to much.The requirements to get this qualification must be pretty slack as the grammar and punctuation is dire and is akin to something a junior school student might write as an essay.

130. “In 2010, Dr Gasper said gay rights had “gone too far” and suggested homosexuality is a choice.
    She also suggested a link between homosexuality and paedophilia should be examined when selecting gay couples to adopt a child.”

If she believes this,. then she found that doctorate in a dumpster…. no educated person of science believable any of this tripe. Its says much about her intellect,.

1. Paddyswurds 30 Apr 2012, 7:48pm

She has a Doctorate of Philosophy in English which requires 6 hours a week to gain. However her blog would indicate she employed help in her final dissertation….

131. Garry Cassell 30 Apr 2012, 6:28pm

It’s hard to even think that such STUPID people exist…but again they keep popping up from somewhere..it just boggles the mind..

132. I’m boringly straight me. Not going to set anyones gaydar off. But I’m 100% with the Pink News here. UKIP are a loathsome bunch – they’re like the BNP except they don’t generally have to buy their own furniture. A spiteful and eminently pointless political party.

133. Can’t take seriously a woman who not only spouts crap but also looks like Rose West

134. If sexuality is a choice then I guess she chose heterosexuality. I suspect that she chose the wrong one and has become one of those bitter, repressed closet cases. I have no sympathy for her miserable life. She’s been given a platform and needs to be pushed off.

1. Robert in S. Kensington 1 May 2012, 6:05pm

Oh, those types have a quick answer for that. They’d say…’I never had to choose, I was born normal, so I never had to think about it.’

135. It looks like she hasn’t been shagged in years.

Faith before logic me thinks. If one loves the cock then one loves the cock period!

136. the.kitty.channel 2 May 2012, 1:20am

Complete fruitcake!

137. That’s all well and good… but what if your parents themselves are gay?

138. Thank heterosexuals for what exactly, Dr whatever you are? Thank them for the thousands of years of denying they are the real child abusers. The thousands of years of blaming us gays for their own sick treatment of their own or near neighbours or close relatives children. The thousands of years of hatred which is still very much in evidence by you and your sado attitudes. Yeah thanks a bunch lady and I’ve not even scrapped the scum off the top of your barrel.

139. Who are UKIP?

I find it amusing that she is actually a doctor and has those views. If she was mine I’d be refusing to see her!

1. Paddyswurds 4 May 2012, 11:34am

She is NOT a medical Doctor She has a doctorate in English and teaches English Lit (Shakespeare )to Americans. She lost her deposit Yaaaaa!!

2. Paddyswurds 4 May 2012, 11:39am

@Paul…
      ….UKIP is EDL for people who can spell their name. and were set up 20 years ago by one Nigel Farrage to try getting the UK out of Europe….. See how that worked out, lol.

140. I’m sorry WHAT!!!!! Is she for real. As the saying goes ‘If you have nothing constructive to say then don’t say anything’. Seriously what hope does Humanity have when you have people like this spouting utter nonsense.

141. Dan Filson 4 May 2012, 10:51am

She got 69 votes. The people have spoken!

1. Paddyswurds 4 May 2012, 11:47am

@Dan Filson….
      ……Not that it matters, but she actually got 1202 votes Dan. Don’t know where you got your figures but we must endevour not to be as false as Julia Gasper and her ilk. She lost her deposit though so her fairy dude in the sky has obviously better things to be doing, like causing young gay boys commit suicide because people like her

1. Paddyswurds 4 May 2012, 11:54am

of **….obv.

1. Paddyswurds 4 May 2012, 1:41pm

@Dan Filson…
          ……so sorry Dan. Seems I was looking at her 2010 results and you were quite right. My Bad i’m afraid. She did in fact get only 69 votes, so the good peeps of Oxford East are not as bigoted as she had hoped.

142. Dr Robin Guthrie 4 May 2012, 9:52pm

Not a day goes by where I do not thank my heterosexual parents for the sh@g they had whereby my mothers egg was impregnated by my fathers joy juice.

Indeed, I and the other 7 billion on this planet spend all of my time in thanks.

What I do not thank is that this natural reproduction as it is known DOCTOR,
    resulted in how you consider ME.

I have zero issues with ME.

It is you that has issues

143. Once again, another idiot who compares homosexuality to paedophillia. When will these people learn to actually do the research before speaking? homosexuality is about a mutual love between two consenting adults of the same sex. Paedophillia is the purely sexual attraction of unconsenting children by adults. Not only that, but it is a proven fact that many paedophiles are actually hetrosexuals and/or married.

144. “gays should thank heterosexuals for giving birth to them”
    Heterosexual sex gave us Hitler. Should we thank them for that too? If you acknowledge the good, then you must acknowledge the bad with it.