25 April 2012Video: Coalition for Equal Marriage releases beautiful viral campaign film 186 A new independent short film produced to support the Coalition for Equal Marriage has been released to encourage support for the Government's plans to lift the ban on civil marriage for same-sex couples in England and Wales.
25 April 2012Comment: I hope my Equal Marriage film wakes us all up to support changing the law 24 Mike Buonaiuto asks, 'what do you do when the Government says it wants to change the marriage laws in England and Wales to allow gay couples the same rights as straights to conduct marriage ceremonies?' For him it meant making a film to ensure we all fight to support the Government's pledge to change the law.
25 April 2012Germany: Gay golfers to return for eighth annual tournament later this year + Europe’s largest gay and lesbian golf tournament, the German-Rainbow-Open, will return for an eighth year this September.
25 April 2012Plea to save London’s Black Cap pub 29 A plea has been issued to respond today to a planning application which would see London's Black Cap pub, a long-standing gay venue in Camden, turned into flats.
25 April 2012Hillary Clinton: In Asia and Africa gay rights is a ‘totally foreign concept’ 30 Echoing her landmark speech to the United Nations, to an audience at Syracuse University, the US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton said that many foreign leaders in Africa and Asia consider gay rights and indeed womens' rights to be a "totally foreign concept."
25 April 2012India: Man arrested for allegedly murdering friend who ‘forced him into a gay relationship’ 7 Police in New Delhi have arrested a 20-year-old man, identified only as Wasim, who is accused of murdering a friend who he claimed continually forced him into a homosexual relationship.
25 April 2012Exclusive: Catholic school ‘urged pupils as young as 11 to sign anti-gay marriage petition’ 656 Students at a Catholic state school in south London have been shown a presentation on religious opposition to the government's proposal to allow gay couples to marry in civil ceremonies which, it is claimed, encouraged them to sign the Coalition for Marriage's petition against the move.
25 April 2012Russia: Father imprisoned gay teen son in rehab clinic after a witch failed to exorcise his homosexuality 27 A teenager has escaped from a rehab clinic after his traditonalist father had him locked up and drugged after he came out to him aged 16.
25 April 2012Lynne Featherstone: Churches will not be sued under gay civil marriage proposals 43 Equalities Minister Lynne Featherstone has pledged there will be 'no risk of successful legal challenge' against religious bodies who are unable to marry gay couples as a result of the government's gay civil marriage proposals.
25 April 2012Joe McElderry victim of ‘Twitter homophobia’, again 25 X Factor star Joe McElderry, who came out as gay following his Twitter account being hacked, has become a victim of homophia on the social network once again.
25 April 2012Colorado bill to introduce gay civil unions expected to move forward 7 A bill to allow same-sex couples to form civil unions in Colorado is expected to move forward following months of stalling in the Colorado legislature.
25 April 2012Mother banned from being US Cub Scout leader for being a lesbian vows to fight on 15 Jennifer Tyrrell, a leader of a Cub Scouts pack in Bridgeport, Ohio, who was banned from being a leader due to her sexuality says that she will fight the Boy Scouts of America for its discrimination against gay and lesbian leaders and members.
25 April 2012Christian Peoples Alliance campaigns for London Assembly on ‘traditional marriage’ 60 The Christian Peoples Alliance will be campaigning for a seat on the London Assembly in next week's elections with a message of 'Supporting Traditional Marriage'.
25 April 2012US: Poll finds majority support for equal marriage 21 A US poll has found that 47 percent of people are in favour of allowing gay and lesbian couples to marry legally, with 43 percent opposed, adding to a growing body of evidence that the country is increasingly moving towards the direction of equality.
25 April 2012Fred Karger’s video pulled (briefly) from YouTube 18 Fred Karger, who hopes to be the party's first openly gay, Jewish, Republican nominee for the US presidential elections this year, has had his recent campaign video pulled by YouTube, before being reinstated with a warning of 'explicit content.'
25 April 2012New York: Mayor-hopeful to marry her partner + Christine Quinn, the speaker of the New York City Council, will marry her partner of eleven years, Kim Catullo, in a civil ceremony on May 19, it has been announced.
25 April 2012Hong Kong pop star Anthony Wong comes out 17 Anthony Wong, a Hong Kong-based pop star, once well-known as the lead singer of the duo, Tat Ming Pair, has come out as gay in front of thousands of fans during a concert.
Articles from 25 April 2012
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’2
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church tells PinkNews: Equal marriage is to blame for violent Woolwich murder7
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’2
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote12
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’36
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur59
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'36
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage