France: Presidential elections highlight trans voters’ rights gap

1. I am becoming more surprised every day at how backwards France is on LGBT equality matters!

2. What is this world coming to when you don’t even have the right to something so simple?! This frankly disgusts me, it really does. The French should be ashamed!!!

1. de Villiers 23 Apr 2012, 2:28pm

Or, rather, the French state rather than all 65 million French citoyens.

3. theGentleWarrior 23 Apr 2012, 1:59pm

Well what do you expect from a bunch of (how did Groundskeeper Willie from the The Simpson term them, oh yes)
    “Cheese-eating surrender monkeys!”

1. de Villiers 23 Apr 2012, 2:26pm

Is that funny?

1. theGentleWarrior 23 Apr 2012, 3:12pm

Actually It is more true than funny.

1. Then it would be appropriate to refer to citizens of your country as “fat burger eating fascist oil grabbing losers”? Given what you’re “heros” (ahem!) did just that (abysmally) in Vietnam and Iraq?

Is that also be more true than funny?

1. dont lower yourself to this troll

2. Not funny at all. More tragic than funny, as one would look on a child that has learning disability.

2. de Villiers 23 Apr 2012, 6:39pm

You sound like an American.

1. What gave it away? The stupidity from the appalling education system, or the fact he’s as funny as cancer?

3. I think you’re supposed to laugh at Willie’s backwards xenophobia not with him.

1. I was bring ironic, not xenophobic. You can hardly call an entire nation a bunch of “Cheese-eating surrender monkeys” and think that’s a hoot unless you have the IQ of a turnip.

1. I dont think Joss here gets irony. Unless hes a yank who agrees with being abusive against the French and thinks it funny. On this site anything is possible.

1. theGentleWarrior  about 6 hours ago    -4
            Actually It is more true than funny.

1 reply    Post a reply →

Yeah Rob I’m the one with poor reading comprehension skills. He’s not ironic in the least “he’s a yank who agrees with being abusive against the French and thinks it’s funny. There was a misunderstanding between Will which is understandable but you just can’t read.

2. I wasn’t talking to you Will I was talking to the gentle warrior. I’m aware of the irony in your reply. I was pointing out the gentle warriors stupidity of quoting a character whose point of view is supposed to be laughed at. Look at the way the comments are nested…

1. Ah, sorry.

Thought Willie’s=Will’s

My mistake.

2. No I meant grounds keeper willie :)

It’s a bit weird to give strangers on the Internet nicknames like Willie :D

4. France cannot be judged alone on this issue. So many other countries as well. So much work needs to be achieved in so many different countries. Let’s hope the Socialists are elected and change will take place. If you are left of centre in French politics, get out to vote and help the possiblity of more progressive laws for all GLTBI people!

5. Its a worrying situation when any country prevents its citizens a vote, especially a minority. Didn’t they not learn a thing from their neighbours in WW2? I wonder what the ECHR would have to say.

6. Given M. Hollande’s first round victory, I’d urge any French readers to vote tactically. Unsurprisingly, they seem to be far more inclusive than the right.

7. “Those with mental disorders should not be allowed a vote in my opinion.”

Rules you out then Keith

1. Branleur!

1. et vous aussi Joss…….

8. I was going to go back to France but my beloved country is going completely mad

9. The only ones who can arguably denied a vote are criminals…..to deny anyone else, is thouroughly disgraceful….

10. actually having read a bit more carefully and with less emotional outrage it would seem that the register had not been updated…..she hadnt been denied the vote exactly but in having to make personal disclosures her right to privacy may well have been infringed so the headline was totally misleading