One fifth of Gaydar users planning civil partnerships in next twelve months

1. thomas fisher 13 Apr 2012, 12:43pm

I think it’s just great for so many gay couples wanting to tie the knot and pledge they’re love.to.each for life.I wish every couple many joy fill years together.

2. I met my husband on gaydar!

1. Dr Robin Guthrie 13 Apr 2012, 4:54pm

Snap…

1. Dr Robin Guthrie 13 Apr 2012, 4:55pm

Not your husband. ;-)

Mine….

1. Spanner1960 13 Apr 2012, 6:45pm

You beat me to it. Damn!

3. Nurse Happyweather 13 Apr 2012, 1:07pm

And yet there is no ‘Marriage’ option on Gaydar, as there is on straight sites. You can have email and chat, a friendship, a relationship, 1-on-1 sex (that’s for most users, who also seem to be fetishists) or group sex.

You’d be a freak to think of finding a marriage partner on Gaydar, apparently.

1. Is marriage not a subset of “relationship” then?

1. Spanner1960 13 Apr 2012, 6:47pm

No, it fcking AIN’T!
        It shows true commitment, not an extended one night stand, and it should be recognised as such.

4. Suddenly Last Bummer 13 Apr 2012, 2:47pm

So I’m assuming the one fifth of guys using Gaydar and intending on getting married will be in open relationships if they’re using Gaydar or they are using Gaydar to find a spouse? if Gaydar trying to market itself as Grindr’s respectable older brother?

1. gaydar or whatever site . their just for skanks who want a quick shag . i soon came off gaydar & mancentral & fitlads & ladslads cuz their all the same basicaly . yeah theres probably a FEW genuine lads/men on them . but the MAJORITY just seem to want to shag about ! personal choice sure . but deffo not mine & also gay people wonder why they get a bad rap . well shagging around is GUARANTEED to give them that ! i must be one of the few young lads who DONT shag about & i.m PROUD of that fact ! :o)

1. Amen. I’m the same age as you and I like sex as much as the next guy, but I’m not interested unless it’s in a relationship – sadly, a lot of young gay men don’t share that sentiment. It can get really frustrating.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 13 Apr 2012, 5:10pm

Not as frustrating as it probably is for other guys hoping to nail you!

2. Spanner1960 13 Apr 2012, 6:48pm

Whatever you say, I have it on reliable authority that over 98% of gay men in the UK have a Gaydar profile.

2. Bisexual woman in Edinburgh 13 Apr 2012, 5:23pm

Yes, this statistic really doesn’t make sense. People planning to get married/civil-partnered are generally considering themselves to be monogamous. What would they be doing on a dating site after getting engaged? Is Gaydar suddenly cornering the market in polyamorous people with an interest in wedlock? Because with all due respect to that group, I think it’s rather a niche market.

5. what a load of bullsh1t ! i dont believe a word of this . basicaly the majority on there are old geezaz . i dont think they would be interested in a c/p ! however . i.m 18 & i would never be interested in one either tbh ! but if someone wants to go into one . fair play . but personaly i dont agree with it

1. Dr Robin Guthrie 13 Apr 2012, 4:56pm

Given your obvious lack of communication skills I don’t think many will be interested in you.

1. Spanner1960 13 Apr 2012, 6:49pm

Touché. (innit?)

6. Robert in S. Kensington 13 Apr 2012, 7:07pm

Not me. I’m holding out for a civil marriage and if that fails, I’ll fly to Toronto with my partner even though when we return it won’t be recognised as a marriage but instead a second rate CP which it isn’t anyway. At least we’ll have a certificate of marriage as proof that it isn’t no matter what the government says. Imagine the impact that would make if gay couples in the UK did just that, assuming they could afford to do it. It would have been quite a political statement if everyone had been able to do it from the first day CPs were introduced.

1. Spanner1960 15 Apr 2012, 11:08am

Would a Canadian marriage certificate be valid in the UK though?, (or anywhere else for that matter)

7. I really find this hard to believe. Firstly, it’s gaydar, where people are looking for sex, or relatationships etc., although I concede that there will be a number on there who are in an open relationship, looking for a threesome, friendship etc. It just doesn’t add up that one fifth of such a large number of guys are planning on a civil partnership in the next year. It would suggest therefore that well over 20% of guys on gaydar are partnered, and it seems extremely unlikely that 20% of all gaydar users are considering this, when you take into account the developments that occur in all relationships. For 20% of gaydar users to be in a relationship and to be just at that point in their relationship whereby they are considering a civil partnership in the next year is just incredible.

8. I met my husband through Gaydar – I was tempted to ask them for a refund lol……. hehe and now we’re on our 2 year anniversary!