Rick Santorum angers gay rights campaigners with pink bowling ball ‘joke’

1. Gene in L.A. 29 Mar 2012, 12:53am

Santorum was uncomfortable because the bowling ball made him think of other pink balls. I’d be willing to bet he’s got some desperately-suppressed homoerotic feelings going on, conscious or not.

2. Joe Delmonaco - New York 29 Mar 2012, 1:14am

The impulse to laugh at him is overwhelming. But I think it’s more serious than it seems at first. He, of course, is “joking” and not joking at the same time.

But WOULD he have made a similar stereotypical slur about another minority? NO. Because the price would be far too high. I just vented in my blog, if you’re interested. http://theologosblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/rick-santorum-doesnt-like-pink-balls.html

3. Dave North 29 Mar 2012, 1:25am

If this geeky little mummies catholic boy were to meet a rugged bearded leather clad gay bear he would sh1t himself and go running back and hide behind her kitchen bound apron.

What is it with the pink connotation.

Doesn’t this idiot realise that it is male heterosexuals who hanker after soft smooth hairless skin and all that frilly garment nonsense in women.

Gay men are much more rugged in their approach.

Give me muscle clad, hairy and scr3ws like a b@st@rd any day over all that prissy
    hetero stuff.

Methinks. Pink belongs to Santorum.

Oops. That let a cat out of a bag…..

1. Pink Santorum. That has a ring to it.

1. Dave North 29 Mar 2012, 2:12am

Isn’t that the mulch they put into cheap burgers.

1. Nah, that’s to far from the established meaning of Santorum… crap and lube…

Pink Santorum should continue being something along those lines heh

1. I think Pink Santorum might be when blood gets mixed in…

…ew.

2. You know, I was going to suggest that but thought it might be going to far lol! I guess great minds think alike xD

4. If he became president he would make the Mccarthy era look liberal.

1. Dave North 29 Mar 2012, 1:52am

If elected. He will turn the US into a theocracy.

5. jamestoronto 29 Mar 2012, 2:53am

This man is so far out in right-field he is the of the ball park, he is an absolute certifiable nutcase. No one except the Lower South and some other idiots are even listening to you – WAKE YOU DOLT. You are irrelevant. Reality Check. Check OUT.

6. That man is no role model for children. He’s abandoned his own terminally ill three year old child so he could pursue his political ambitions. He never puts country or his children ahead of himself.

7. How about a new term “Pink Santorum” – where things get a bit rough during a good riding, and a bit of blood get mixed in with the standard “Santorum”.

1. “Pink Santorum” lol, not sure if it would make good material similar to a Beatel classic, or a good become a popular reference for a home for “Brain challenged politicians”

1. Beatles

8. jamestoronto 29 Mar 2012, 4:01am

Every time he opens his mouth it is a disaster statement — for his own beloved right for which he continues to put hid foot in his mouth — or for his hated left for whom his words continually bring blessings of imaginable sort.

9. Because we all know the colour pink turns hetro men gay just by looking at it. That’s why Santorum can’t look down in the shower.
    I think someone must have dropped a pink bowling ball on his head at some point.
    Or if they haven’t, maybe they should.

1. It is so frightening in the year twenty twelve to know people like him can actually have a chance to be president. Remember to vote tell all your friends to vote. People aren’t born with these attitudes, they’re taught. Its scary. I wish Christian’s would research their proffessed religion to its REAL source. Thankfully and gratefully another revolutionary leap in Human consciousness has been taking place for a while…unfortunately I won”t be alive to enjoy the next leap…oh yes I will!

10. I want Santorum to win the candidacy.
    He is so extreme he will put more people, disappointed by the current administration, off from voting republican whereas Romney could pose a true threat to Obama. Only when in power will Romney show his more extreme views.

1. I can’t see Romney winning the Presidency even if he gets the candidacy. Those backing Santorum fear the LDS Church as much as they do “Maobama” (yes, they do call him that). If Mitt becomes their candidate they simply won’t vote, leaving a lot of swing states going Blue.

The only thing that can stop Obama getting a second term now if full on economic collapse of the USA, which given they are pulling onto a long-overdue upswing is very unlikely.

11. with array of republican party’s presidential hopefuls on display one would think that president Obama’s ratings would be going thru the roof. but thats america for you

12. I doubt he has anyting going on upstairs, look at the picture he is vacant behind the eyes!

13. Bearing in mind that the colour of bowling balls denotes their weight why would he force this child to use a ball heavier than he’s comfortable with? Is it the only way Rick can win the game?

14. Wow, Santorum just can’t stop acting like a self-hating closet case, can he?

Simple statement to Mr Santorum – Real men do not fear pink. Real men know that being near pink things doesn’t mean they are gay, and anyone who persists in thinking so does it because their own sexuality is highly mutable and they assume that everyone else is like them.

1. I can imagine him having recurring nightmares where he’s trapped in the Barbie aisle at Toys R Us and forced to stare at rows and rows of magenta boxes!

15. Spanner1960 29 Mar 2012, 10:43am

Don’t pick none of dem dere black balls boy! Dey iz fur dem servants!

Sorry. Only “joking”.

16. Paddyswurds 29 Mar 2012, 11:37am

We should be rejoicing that this is the calibre of candidate running against Barak Obama in November because it guarantees him a shoo in. No sane American will vote for this control freak because to do so would leave the USA open to derision and scorn worldwide. The standard of Americas education is already causing a modicum of derision, as is the pathological adherence to the Abrahamic cults in some of the more primitive parts of that nation……….. Personally I see echos of the destruction of the Roman Empire already evident in the USA, which is ironic given the United States modelling of itself on the entire Roman Empire, from its Imperialistic leanings to its mock Roman architecture. This does not bode well Western culture and ideals as the downfall of the USA will see the entire world erupt into horrific conflict and war. As I have said many times to friends and acquaintances alike, I am so glad i won’t be around to witness to carnage.

17. How dare he! does he not know that pink is fabulous :) xx

1. Thumbs up! A thousand times thumbs up!

18. I don’t understand American Politicians. How can they state they went to war In Iraq and Afghanistan to bring democracy when they blatantly deny a whole section of their own people the same rights they are trying to promote???? I have watched in wonder at the shenanigans as they try to get votes and asked myself the question ‘where do these people come from’. As far as I understand it, The American constitution protects all Americans regardless of sexual orientation. Do these poloiticians have the support of everyday American’s because if so America is more starnge than I first thought.

19. Conor McGahon 29 Mar 2012, 2:02pm

Did he think that was funny or worse appropriate? More to the point, how many Republicans think that demeaning a major Equality / legislative issue and thereby slighting those it addresses, is good politics?
    Do they see this idiot banner-waver, as good for America’s image?

20. Jock S. Trap 29 Mar 2012, 2:37pm

This man is a vile excuse for the worse kind of human being. I can’t being so many are behind him (not joke intended) but I guess it shows now many bigots wish to divide humanity for the sake of their choosen religious lifestyle.

Shameful!

21. At what point does this kind of thing begin to cross the line into hate speech?

22. Don’t let this nut job yank your chain people he is doing what they planned on doing, upsetting the LGBT people any way they can see for your self here, http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2012/03/27/calling-all-black-people-nom-wants-to-use-you/

23. My answer to him would have been “You want me to have blue balls?!”

Pink is just a colour! Grow up!