Christian Voice: Mice infestation at Tesco store is divine retribution for gay pride support

1. Spanner1960 29 Mar 2012, 6:15pm

Dear God!

Are these people for real?
    Sounds like some desperate clutching at straws to me.

Just keep your head down for the plague of locusts due in Muswell Hill any time soon.

*sigh*

1. This is the guy that the BBC invities to speak about SSM. Is it conceivable that the responsible producer is one of the wibble bretheren?

1. Spanner1960 30 Mar 2012, 10:32am

That’s probably only because nobody else in their right mind is willing to come on an interview to get totally ripped to pieces.

I would imagine by now even the Beeb are distancing themselves from this total loony.

2. I think ‘used to invite’ would be more accurate. Those allegations by his ex-wife were pretty much the final nail in his rotten credibility coffin. Even the Daily Mail who used him as a rent-a-quote from time-to-time seem to have crossed him out of their phone book.

2. stan James 30 Mar 2012, 1:23am

think about the “christian” leader in the USA – Pat Robertson.

After Haiti’s terrible earthquake he said “they deserved it”

Of course all he was doing is playing to the fears and hopes of the fools who follow him. He travels by private Jet and owns multiple fancy homes etc.

Diederot had it right – Mankind will be free when the last king is strangled with the guts of the last priest”

We’ve kind of done a good job re the kings – gone or simply cultural figurheads.

But the priests of xtianity have now also become kings.

Everyone should read Dawkins “the god delusion”

1. Not taking up for the old fart but he is at least pro weed!!!

1. Spanner1960 31 Mar 2012, 11:43am

That probably explains his delusional antics in part then.

3. they are the one who cause the more trouble during gay pride march in london every year. and every year some of them are arrested

2. More proof that christian fundamentalism is closely related to brain damage of some sort…..

But hey, if Green’s stupid psychotic desert deity is a bullying little snot in his mind, then power to him. Frankly blaming it on “god” just makes “god” look like a bit of a tool….

1. I think God would be capable of making his feelings known more clearly and directly if he wanted to? See “Billy Connolly and the iceberg” on youtube.it has some bearing on this situation.

2. johnny33308 29 Mar 2012, 6:32pm

ANY religious fundamentalism is a response to brain damage and it matters not which religion its practicioners embrace, their ideas and beliefs are all quite the same. Compare evangelical christofascists with the taliban, and with the evil ayatolahs in Iran…..they all say the same things, so it appears fundamentalism is a brain defect in a certain part of the brain…the thinking part of the brain, it would seem….

3. stan James 30 Mar 2012, 1:26am

religion is induced obsessive compulsive disorder – driven by fear of hell or retribution and the promise that life exists after death.

Mixed with all kinds of guilt feelings, along with the offer of superiority.

Diederot should have said – burn all the churches and their priests / ministers

Give them back what they did to “heretics” over the ages.

1. Excellent comment, @stan James.

4. Paula Thomas 30 Mar 2012, 7:19am

AS someone with a masters degree in mathematics who suffered brain damage at birth (cerebral palsy) I must say that I find the use of the term ‘brain damage’ as a perjorative disturbing.

But I agree that it takes a particular (and peculiar) cast of mind to behave as Mr Green does. Or maybe I have misjudged him and is just cynically dishonest…

1. Spanner1960 30 Mar 2012, 10:36am

I agree his choice of words were rather poorly chosen.
        Insults and barbs aside, I am seriously beginning to suspect the man is displaying classic psychotic tendencies, and that he should seek psychiatric help.

3. OH NOEZ!!!
    i bet the multi billion pound conglomorate is really crapping itself over a few mice and a teeny drop in its massive yearly profits! better pray cos i hear jeebus is big on capatalism.

4. My immediate reaction is that I am pleased that these lunatics are reminding people that they are actually lunatics, and not rather nice saintly people who take their religion seriously.

5. The wrath of God?
    Or too many crumbs on the floor?
    Stephen Green gets barmier by the day.

1. Quite, I always said that Thatcher’s care in the community programme would come back to haunt us, and Stephen Green being out and about on the streets rather than being in a straight-jacket and medicated is proof of that ;)

6. drunk as a... 29 Mar 2012, 6:26pm

Nah, Tesco’s is riddled with mice cause the majority of their shops are a bit manky. If Tesco ran fewer of those shops better than loads of them poorly then Christian Voice would have to blame the gays for something else.

7. I have a question for everyone.

If your nearest Tesco caught fire and you had the option of rescuing either Stephen “narcissistic psycho (ask his ex-wife)” Green and a tiny unassuming mouse, which would you choose?

1. the poor little mouse first and may be stephen and i will tell him you have been saved by a queen

2. Janet Lameck 30 Mar 2012, 6:46pm

The mouse!

3. Matt Westwood 30 Mar 2012, 9:14pm

Neither. I wouldn’t want to be seen being nice to a mouse that thinks it’s good to shop at (blyeaugh) Tesco. Eugh. Perish the thought.

8. The man is a tit
    He’s the big kid who kicks over sandcastles but cries foul when you do it back

1. Marvin the Robot 29 Mar 2012, 7:12pm

That’s pretty much all of them.

2. That’s an insult to tits! At least they have their uses (well some of them anyway)

3. Great analogy, @tigra 07!

4. At least call the guy something appropriate to his gender instead of maligning women’s bodily parts. OK call him a douche if you must!

9. I wonder if these people will ever get bored of crazy town?…

10. Ha ha….ha ha ha…..hahahahahaha…..hahahahahahahahahaha

*breathes*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

’nuff said really.

1. Marvin the Robot 29 Mar 2012, 7:13pm

Depressing isn’t it.

11. Sounds like he put the ‘mentalist’ into fundamentalism! Wonder what he thinks of goatse?

12. If you think they are the only ones with rats take a look at this, http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2012/03/27/calling-all-black-people-nom-wants-to-use-you/

1. Marvin the Robot 29 Mar 2012, 7:41pm

That’s nice.

13. I’ll be sure to remember that God sends mice to plague anyone he doesn’t approve of the next time any fundamentalist church mentions their colony of church mice.
    I personally think that if god doesn’t love you he nicks lead off your tabernacle roof, but then it’s just possible it comes under the giant blanket heading of ‘sh!t happens’.

1. Marvin the Robot 29 Mar 2012, 7:14pm

Church mice. Says it all really.

14. Stephen Groin 29 Mar 2012, 7:05pm

It doesn’t sound like there has been much that has gone right for poor Mr. Green in his life. God forbid he should ever get mice, which he probably will now.

1. Marvin the Robot 29 Mar 2012, 7:43pm

Someone should tell him about karma.

1. Spanner1960 31 Mar 2012, 11:45am

His karma ran over his dogma.

15. …instead Tescos could simply be too big to manage and things are going awry. Not some daft religious mumbo jumbo concocted to justify the hopes of their prayers. meh.

Stephen Green is still a douche!

1. Marvin the Robot 29 Mar 2012, 7:21pm

There are no mice in the bible. Just thought I’d mention that. Not that anyone cares what I think. Here I am, brain the size of a planet, discussing mice as a divine retribution against a supermarket.

16. Marvin the Robot 29 Mar 2012, 7:10pm

Mice. Don’t talk to me about mice. They built the Earth you know. Depressing isn’t it.

1. Spanner1960 30 Mar 2012, 10:39am

“Best laid plans of mice and men.”
      “Oh. No, I don’t think men had much to do with it.”

17. Robert in S. Kensington 29 Mar 2012, 7:21pm

The C4M bigots must be enraptured undoubtedly. All of those religious right wing nutters are mentally ill.

18. Wow – god really does move in mysterious ways! Either that or he’s flat out of thunderbolts.

1. Marvin the Robot 29 Mar 2012, 7:51pm

You can’t say he doesn’t have a sense of humour. Mice, that’ll teach ‘em.

2. “Then the Lord spake unto Tescos demanding that they shalt denounce gay marriage. And Tescos were obstinate, whereupon spaketh the Lord unto Moses
      ‘I shalt bring forth a small quantity of mice which shalt be mildly incovenient, and henceforth shall consume the very corners of several of the multipacks of Cheesy Wotsits until the very pest control officer wilt turn up and smite thy rodents with a roll of that sticky stuff they use for to trap minor infestestions. Taketh that, Tescos’. And their profits were mildly dented”

1. I love you! I mean, this comment. Whatever. *can’t stop laughing*

1. Let’s not peak too early now, we haven’t covered the book of Revelations and the four gerbils of the apocalypse yet…

1. My sides hurt from laughing!

2. *chokes on drink* Brilliant, flapjack! :D

19. Why doesn’t someone counter-picket Green’s next little demo with some references to his ex-wife Caroline’s domestic violence ordeal?

What a disgusting piece of pond scum that man is…

1. “god hates wifebeaters”

20. Oh god (haha) he really is a funny guy!

21. Ok, clearly the man is at least a hundred thousand miles from anywhere resembling reason, decency, rationality and uh yes, good old family values, but just as the comments here were starting to wind me up with the constant prejudicial references against the mentally ill (aka vulnerable types covered by disability discrimination legislation, folks), Flapjack goes and makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD! Literally. Thank you! The best counter-attack against this vitriolic bad type should be more of this witty retort. Stephen Green isn’t mentally ill. He’s irrational, mean, vitriolic and violent.

22. de Villiers 29 Mar 2012, 8:43pm

A person whose concept of god and the divine extends to nothing more than the image of a supernatural man sending rats to a branch of Tescos in central London has no proper understanding of religion or divinity.

1. Not even rats, mice. A mistake to make one souris (so to speak).

23. Ha ha….ha ha ha…..hahahahahaha…..hahahahahahahahahahaHa ha….ha ha ha…..hahahahahaha…..hahahahahahahahahaha

24. chris lowcase 29 Mar 2012, 10:35pm

hah brilliant pic/caption. this is one of those times where i wonder if PN have picked up some spoof story without realising. but its also one of those times people say ‘you couldn’t make this stuff up’

1. Benjamin Cohen 29 Mar 2012, 11:47pm

It’s genuine! It’s on his blog!

2. If I was being generous to Stevie Green I would suggest it could be a premature April Fool joke as payback for the Kroozr iphone app story he fell for last year.
      But given the slightly premature timing and the general lunacy of the guy it’s just as likely he meant every word of it.
      I invoke Poe’s Law on this one…

25. stan James 30 Mar 2012, 1:21am

Reminds me of the “christian” leader in the USA – Pat Robertson.

After the terrible earthquake in Haiti he said “they deserved it”

But the priests of xtianity have now also become kings.

Everyone should read Dawkins “the god delusion”

1. Robert in S. Kensington 30 Mar 2012, 12:41pm

Quite! I do wish Professor Dawkins would take on the god squad in the marriage equality debate. I would sit back and gloat as he dismantles every one of their unsubstantiated spurious claims.

1. Spanner1960 31 Mar 2012, 11:46am

I would pay handsomely to sit in the front row at that fight.

26. Stephen Green is a complete idiot. Is this actually for real?
    Oh, God. Your supporters are so hilarious. Reminds me of the crazy fundies in the US that scream about hurricanes being God’s punishment for supporting LGBT people. But in true British style, our fundies are way more eccentric than that. I mean, of all things, they claim God’s “divine retribution” is a mice infestation at a tiny local Tesco store? Let me laugh even harder. I wish others would see these people for the nutjobs they really are as well.

1. Ah, I just read Amanda’s comment and I apologise for the language in my comment. I wasn’t implying they were actually mentally ill, just that they’re so irrational and their arguments are so out of touch with reality. Still, I hope I didn’t cause offence. I should have picked my words better.

27. The ‘Christian Voice’ has no idea what they are talking about. It is plainly obvious that they have not read their Bible. Their hatred is almost tangible. Another West Boro hate gay orgsnisastion. To be ignored

1. Spanner1960 30 Mar 2012, 4:01pm

I suspect “Christian Voice” is just Stephen Green purporting to be an altogether bigger organisation than it actually is.

28. In the late 90s c4 aired a programme about anti gay christians. One guy was talking aboutfisting and he was almost drooling. I reckon h green gets hard from reading these comments. He can’t join us and this is the attention he wants

29. Stephen Green, the wife abuser?

Really? The man is barely human.

Its less about “trust in God” as it is the hypocritical nonsense the voices in his head….

1. I agree, there is some thing disturbingly about this man who claims to be a Christian, but acts in a ways which lack humanity, or a concern for humanity

30. GingerlyColors 30 Mar 2012, 7:02am

Yet another in the long line of racist, homophobic, bigoted Mickey Mouse organisations allied to the Westboro Baptist Church. Christian Voice is such a dispicable organisation that even mainstream Christians in the UK have nothing to do with them.
    CV’s leader, Stephen Green’s ex-wife alleged last year that not only did Green beat her, he also beat their children with their son receiving hospital treatment after being hit with a piece of wood.
    That nonce (I use that word against anybody who hurts children) supports the Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Bill and he believes in the death penelty for it. It is about time that the police and the courts put this sick man in a place where he cannot hurt women and children.

31. He created the entire universe, flooded the whole world, and sent plagues to the entire nation of egypt…but these days he likes to target individual stores in London… I think God might be loosing his touch in his old age :p

32. Spanner1960 30 Mar 2012, 8:27am

Actually, I like this guy.
    With people like him about, they only help to further our cause and demonstrate how completely hatstand many religionists are.

1. Totally agree with you. They continue to alienate rational people with their lunacy, and that can only be good for society as a whole, not just gay people.

33. It doesn’t mention if they are church mice?

34. Jock S. Trap 30 Mar 2012, 9:16am

Stephen Green gets ever so more and more desperate to be heard but this I have to say gave me a good laugh. They’re just showing themselves up as crazy people.

35. Paddyswurds 30 Mar 2012, 11:28am

This Green dude lives in what used to be a caravan somewhere in the wilds of Wales well away from civilisation. The caravan is now mostly a heap of rotting wood and aluminium and barely resembles its former life. why doesn’t his fairy dude in the sky provide him with a much more sumptuous palace more fitting of an xtian preacher. Methinks his “god” is as potent as last years Sun. Re this gay cure thingy…if the fairy in the clouds can “cure” homosexuality why does he not also have a care for say, Cancer sufferers, who he allows to die sometimes in indescribable pain…..??

36. Robert in S. Kensington 30 Mar 2012, 12:43pm

Right wing religious mania is nothing more than mental illness, devolved brains stuck in the dark ages.

37. Nick Maxwell 30 Mar 2012, 1:34pm

OK so we’ve been blamed for natural disasters, famine, plague, war and now pestilence. oh my gosh, the horsemen of the apocalypse are all gay!!!

38. this gentleman may have forgotten that gay and lesbian always existed since the antique time. greek athlets what they were. favourite during monarchy in europe. just a reminder marie antoinette had a female lover. they should sweep in front of their door before to condemn others.

1. Spanner1960 30 Mar 2012, 3:59pm

Antique time? What? You mean B.W? (Before Wedgewood)

39. Why are these people so focused on gays? Where are their “family values” that allow millions of children around the world to starve to death or die of preventable diseases? Where is their concern for air and water pollution and the destruction of our planet? Why doesn’t their god send warnings about these things? Oh, I forget, everything bad in the world is because of the gays.

40. Janet Lameck 30 Mar 2012, 6:44pm

Gee, the cathol;ic Church I belong to has been over run with rats for years. Does this mean something?

41. “who has in the past been accused by his ex-wife of beating her”

Doesn’t this just prove that he actually does follow the Bible pretty closely?

42. Don Harrisoin 30 Mar 2012, 10:22pm

This man Stephen@ChristianVoice
    does not consider what he has done to be criminal. I am sending him more mail.
    Lets us all bombard him with “mouse emails”
    Don

43. So, instead of dispatching lightning bolts, God send mices to do his work. God has a good sense of humour. Funny how everybody blamed gays these days for whatsoever reasons those clerics and homophobes could think of. It’s like we are punching bags for everybody.

44. Please BBC use him again to make a comment and have a strong equality commentator who undermines any of Greens arguments by identifying the claims of God given mice infestations in Tesco Aston and the allegations of beatings agaisnt him, please BBC, please …

Stephen Green just cheered me up – I haven’t laughed at someone for so long in ages. The thing is, that he makes comments like this and he believes that both the comments and himself have credibility – yeah right …

45. You can’t help but laugh at the pathetic attempts to try and pour cold water over anything that attempts to help the LGBT community. They have really become so so desparate. Oh dear! What next?