David Walliams teases Simon Cowell with gay jokes on Jonathan Ross show

1. Cowell deserves it. He gets as good as he gives.

1. Rashid Karapiet 24 Mar 2012, 11:50am

One can’t control the sharing of one’s sexual orientation but with the poisonous Cowell one would like to. Adapting the original version a bit, ‘Those who can, do – those who can’t, become judges on rubbish talent shows.’

2. Jason Brown 22 Mar 2012, 9:05pm

…well is he?

1. Who cares? But I don’t think so.

1. jamestoronto 26 Mar 2012, 6:12am

Who cares? But I hope not.

2. Computer says no.

1. *Cough*

3. Given Cowell’s Twitter comment, this smacks of a tawdry attempt at a PR stunt for a pathetic show aimed at pathetic people.

4. They even had a joke about Simon Cowell on Newsround yesterday:-

Some of my own views on Simon Cowell –

5. “ladyboys”…? Great.

6. Mark Handsome 22 Mar 2012, 11:15pm

Walliams is just a fud, making people squirm is his replacement for genuine humour

1. Craig Denney 23 Mar 2012, 10:22am

He is a straight man playing a gay man for discriminatory laughs.

Most of our society has moved on from that outdated humour but you can always rely on Walliams to bring it back from the grave.

1. Wow you two dont sound bitter and jealous at all lol.

7. Those hairy forearms get me every time.

8. Spanner1960 22 Mar 2012, 11:17pm

If anyone needs their sexuality questioning, it’s Walliams, not Cowell. My gaydar stars ringing bells every time I see him.
    He’s as camp as a row of pink tents.

1. But perhaps your gaydar is too rigidly tuned to the association of camp with gay? There are plenty of Englishmen (it seems to be a specifically English rather than British thing) – Laurence Llewellyn Bowen comes to mind, as do Simon Thurley and Tom Holland – who undermine that assumption.

2. Agreed Spanner, the bald one from Little Britain comes across as 100% straight by comparison. Walliams shacking up with an eastern european model doesn’t say much- women from that side of the planet will usually do anything to get ahead in life. Though no amount of headlines or magazine covers is worth the idea of sharing a bed with Walliams.

9. Who… CARES?!

10. What I always wanted to know is how a man without absolutely no talent, ability or brains gets to be so rich? As to the ‘gay’ thing, I hope he isn’t. He’s got to be one of the ugliest creatures on the planet, next to me.

1. To be fair he must have some talent, even if it’s only for not underestimating the lowest common denominator in popular entertainment.

11. I sometimes wonder about Walliams… I think his campness lets him get away with stuff other straight guys would be chastised for. He was essentially calling Cowell ‘gay’ on TV as a way of kind of insulting him, is that ok? (genuine question). He is to UK gay people what Vanilla Ice was to US black people.

Aside from all that, can’t stand the creep.

1. I think you’ll find he was teasing him for being in the closet when so many think he’s gay.
      Cowell may one day come out, but then he may not and all the people making assumptions he’s gay will still be shouting out that he’s probably gay.

I don’t like Cowell either way

12. Walliams is a creepy infantile manchild, if anything he’s protesting a little too much himself. I find it a truly sad indictment of society that members of the public would stand on a stage and be critiqued by the likes of Cowell or Walliams. People looking for approval and acceptance from this pair of t!ts just makes me want to give up watching TV forever.

13. Paddyswurds 23 Mar 2012, 12:53pm

Walliams is just so yesterday. He just grates on people now. I absolutely hate the Ads for the upcoming BGT show where they pretend to meet Lizzie Windsor. i hate it when supposedly “straight” men pretend to be Gay to get laughs. Is it not a form of veiled homophobic bullying really? I certainly think it is. The fop Llywellan Bowen is another yeukk pretending to be a screaming while mincing around with his roly poly wife. Now that really does seem like a convenience!

1. theotherone 23 Mar 2012, 2:35pm

is there anyone you like paddy?

1. Paddyswurds 23 Mar 2012, 5:03pm

Certainly not a creep like you…..Racist!

1. theotherone 23 Mar 2012, 9:05pm

why oh why am i racist pay? Please tell me, i need a laugh.

2. The fop Llywellan Bowen is another yeukk pretending to be a screaming while mincing around with his roly poly wife. Now that really does seem like a convenience!

What’s your point? Do you want LL-B to be on our side of the fence, then?

1. theotherone 23 Mar 2012, 10:32pm

perhaps he fancies him?

i always liked ll-b, he’s a straight man that likes to dress up.

2. Paddyswurds 24 Mar 2012, 6:48pm

@Rehan…
        …I think he puts on the screamy thing and over eggs it in an attempt to cover up the fact he is probably a self hating Gay man, including the beard of course

1. Or he could just be a non-gay man who doesn’t conform to stereotype. Such people do exist, you know.

14. theotherone 23 Mar 2012, 2:15pm

‘because that’s when the ladyboys come round’

and there was me thinking the blatant transphobia in little britain was actually irony.

idiot.

1. theotherone 23 Mar 2012, 9:04pm

unfortunately I am both.

1. Paddyswurds 24 Mar 2012, 6:49pm

surprise surprise…..

2. either that is a joke or you found a de’lorean to take you back to the 70’s.

15. When I see this kind of thing I know the news people think it is their job to dig up dirt and spill it. I also know when I see attacks and bad things said about LGBT people here it is the job of Christians and Muslims spreading their black propaganda about gays. They hate gays and they post here thinking that no one knows it is them who come here to bring and post their evil to Pinknews. Some of their propaganda is done in a hidden way to sway opinion, they are being taught by the best ex CIA and government agents in the propaganda business, some of course are Catholics and Christians.

16. Walliams ‘gaying’ up for a cheap laugh. He will look as offensive as a black and white minstrel in a few years.

1. Paddyswurds 24 Mar 2012, 6:51pm

He already does……Probably one of the most offensive men on telly.
      Fortunately we are seeing less an less of him.

17. Pot………kettle………..black???????

1. Paddyswurds 24 Mar 2012, 6:53pm

Are you kidding; Just who in their right mind would be jealous of any of these talentless offensive men.??

18. Does anyone here know if the ballroom dance act on Britain’s Got Talent (The Sugar Dandies) was the first time British TV has televised a same-sex couple in ballroom dancing. I suspect it is but I’m not sure.

19. With him on the panel of a prime-time telent show, and Little Britain currently running on repeat, plus constant appearances as a celeb in the tabloids (last week visiting 10 Downing Street), we could hardly be seeing more of him, surely?

The only reason I could figure why his gay scenes in Little Britain were not condemned as grossly homophobic on first broadcast was that people thought Walliams was gay. He certainly went out of his way to muddy the waters on that. And there was never any excuse for the transphobia, but apparently it was counted very funny. Presumably again because Walliams was thought gay. Now we know he isn’t, it marks a really sorry example of BBC homophobia and transphobia, which the BBC clearly still doesn’t realise.