Gays urged to ditch the cigarettes on No Smoking Day

1. Awaiting the inevitable “God hates fags”

1. Well I don’t know about Him but there’s plenty of others so He can get in line from sounds of it :P

2. I think the introduction of the smoking ban was a great development – I love not choking on smoke when I go out for a drink or meal.

I wish PN did not have the campaign adverts for “Hand off our Packs” though. Partly because I think anything which discourages smoking is a good thing and aprtly because the adverts are so intrusive and spread across the entire page if the mouse inadvertently ends up in the wrong portion of the screen.

1. Spanner1960 14 Mar 2012, 1:47pm

Restaurants I agree with, but pubs no. It has decimated the licensing business.
      All those ranters that complained they never went in pubs because of the smoke: Where are they!? I go in pubs that are empty now because everyone is outside freezing their nuts off having a fag.

Pubs should be allowed to opt in or out. You will soon get to know which ones you prefer, and so will the publicans.

1. Thats not the smoking ban, Spanner, thats the economy!

1. Spanner1960 15 Mar 2012, 6:53am

Bullsh|t. I know for a fact a lot of people won’t bother going to the pub in the winter because it’s just too bloody cold and nobody wants a pint without a cigarette. Besides that they have also cranked up the price of drink to such a high level people just cannot afford to do it like they did, and Cameron is planning to do it even more in some stealth process to gain even more duty.

I appreciate times are tight and it is the luxuries that go first, but the smoking ban has had a massive effect on pubs, and I am certain if you asked most landlords if they could allow smoking indoors, they probably would.

1. Jock S. Trap 29 Mar 2012, 3:37pm

Agreed. At the end of the day smoking is personal choice and pubs could easily have well ventilated rooms for smokers.

The smoking ban has harmed many in the pub trade with many closing each week and many is down to the smoking ban

I don’t like smoking where food is but pubs are different.

I am glad that the first thing this government did when coming into power was scrap Labour ridlculous law of banning smoking even outside pubs which in effect would have probably finish it with a lot more pubs.

Freedom of choice comes with smoking. At the end of the day smokers pay far more in taxes so why use them as easy targets.

2. full smoking ban does not hurt business . only half measures do

1. Jock S. Trap 29 Mar 2012, 3:38pm

Too many pubs have closed and are still closing because of the smoking ban. It needs to be revised.

3. Hodge Podge 15 Mar 2012, 8:13am

I hate smoking, but depressingly I think you’re right. I don’t know if I’d go though if there was smoking still.

How about a tax freeze on real ale to throw the pubs a bone?

3. Gay hates fags..

4. Spanner1960 14 Mar 2012, 1:44pm

I’ll drink to that.

5. better suck cock

6. But…. but….

smoking’s cool.

It makes you look like one of the in crowd.

7. A great initiative. I hope it works.

8. We have had smoking bans for years. Most pubs/ venues/ restaurants all have designated smoking areas.

It is such a good thing. Hated going home stinking of cigarettes after a night out from other people

1. Spanner1960 15 Mar 2012, 6:54am

For “Designated Smoking Areas” read “The Car Park”.