Daniel Radcliffe: Newspapers believed I was gay because I had a ‘gay face’

1. Keith Farrell 14 Mar 2012, 11:16am

great, and funny. I am glad that Daniel has given us support in our fight for equal rights and is using his fame to better others. Not my taste in guys, but a nice guy

2. I don’t know what a ‘gay face’ is but Daniel looks, to me, like an average and ordinary young man.
    As Oscar W. said ‘The type you’d sit next to on the Clapham omnibus’.

1. Can we please not quote Oscar W. If ever there was an over rated individual it was him. All his aphorisms and witticisms (I use those terms loosely) seem so clunky and rehearsed without any spontaneity. I’m betting he wrote those lines sat on the crapper and kept them for a later date. I’d sooner we quoted Eminem.

1. Roberto Franciosa 14 Mar 2012, 3:52pm

Oh, you’re absolutely right. Look at this for Eminem’s genius:

“Yeah, you feel that baby?
        yeah i feel it too
        damn, you know, i’m so glad we could spend this time together
        see, i’m not as crazy as you thought i was, am i?”

Eat your heart out, Britney Spears!

2. chris lowercase 14 Mar 2012, 8:59pm

some bring happiness where ever they go, others when they go xD

3. It any event it’s not a term coined by Oscar Wilde in the first place.

2. You must have missed Stu’s snapshot accompanying his recent comment piece, Paul! :)

3. Are you sure that was Oscar Wilde?

I would have attributed it to Lord Justice Greer. Although on further inspection it looks like Baron Bowen used it first – reportedly anyway, incidently the man was something of a wit himself:

“When I hear of an ‘equity’ in a case like this, I am reminded of a blind man in a dark room – looking for a black hat – which isn’t there”

1. It wasn’t Wilde – the Clapham omnibus did not exist in his lifetime – it was a politician or lawyer. The Lady Chatterley trial springs to mind, but I could be wrong.

3. WTF is a gay face? Dear oh dear, these things get worse!

Still good on him for being so positive and supportive to the gay community!

4. This guy rocks

5. Yes, now if he just come out of the closet, what he said might have some impact on today’s youth. Though why anyone would listen to some moron actor is beyond me. I mean is anyone stupid enough to believe this guy has never had sex with another guy? Most (if not all) actors I have known are obsessed with sex, and not one I have known cares who they are ‘doing it’ with.

1. Keith Farrell 14 Mar 2012, 12:41pm

is this your comming out statement. dont insult people by calling them a moron. he has come out in favor of equal rights and treatment, dont you think we need to give him the sape repect. Please note I did not call you a moron

2. Some people are straight, get over it.

1. Spanner1960 14 Mar 2012, 1:49pm

Yer. Bit of a bugger that. :(

1. Or not enough of a bugger, that!

3. Oh, I wondered how long it’d take you to crawl out of the woodwork with your usual all-actors-are-gay/bi twaddle. You really need to understand that bleating it at every opportunity doesn’t increase the likelihood of it being true or, more to the point, make it likely that anyone would believe you.

4. why anyone would listen to some moron actor is beyond me

You did once say you’d been an actor for more than 40 years, didn’t you jafuf? Thank you for licensing us to ignore your piffle!

5. Clicked on wrong button, should have been bad comment!
      Stereotyping all actors (betting jafuf wouldn’t know an actor if he woke up next to one), and making totally unjustified assumptions about DR’s sex life. That is plain WRONG!
      No-one but Dan and those who have had the pleasure of his penis know about his sex life, and no-one should care!
      Tom Daley goes through this. I think it is wishful thinking / fantasy of aging queens.

6. A face you can sit on.

1. Now if the face belonged to Daniel Craig, then I would agree with you…Ooops I’ve gone all mushy!

1. Rudehamster 15 Mar 2012, 4:46pm

Going ‘all mushy’ before you sit on someone’s face isn’t the best introduction.
        lol

7. Robert in S. Kensington 14 Mar 2012, 1:41pm

Daniel is our future in terms of full equality. He appeals to a wide audience especially the younger generation. This is a good thing. Why haven’t other celebrities in our country not declared support yet I wonder?

8. So much respect for him.

9. LOL, a “gay face”? What does that even mean? Just shows that tabloids and the media believe too much in stupid stereotypes and not that gay people all look different just like everyone else. Dan is such a sweetheart for being so patient with these idiots and also for supporting us so much as well.

10. Add A Comment 14 Mar 2012, 5:16pm

Good old Dan.

Will he stop looking gay when he gets older?

It’s nice to see that yet another ‘face’ that is known throughout the world is putting his support behind so many issue that impact upon the gay community.

Dan, I owe you a drink. Thank you.

11. He is such a sweet young man and does so much for l&g rights. It says so much about our media that they can’t do anything but come out with prurient rubbish about his sexuality. The wonderful thing is he doesn’t care. Power to him.

12. It’s brilliant someone straight is helping the LGBT community, love it.

13. Daniel Radcliffe is nothing but an asset to the whole of society in general.

14. If there really WAS such as thing as a gay face, it would PROVE that we’re BORN that way!

15. David Myers 15 Mar 2012, 12:20am

Daniel Radcliffe is a total hero to me. Yes I’ve had a real crush on him, but his courage and generous support of human rights for everyone is far more important to me than the fact that he is extemely cute. It is his mind and soul that is overwhelmingly beautiful and outshines his physical beauty totally.

16. Dr Robin Guthrie 15 Mar 2012, 2:11am

Who cares.

The Harry Potter films brought a wee bit of my childhood back in the horror that is adulthood.

A pleasant escape from the guff that our realities are.

And good on Daniel for his support.

17. A talented young caring attractive funny guy ….plus rich ^^ Is he really really really really sure hes straight ? Lol

1. Richard Owens 6 May 2012, 3:53pm

Yes he is so GEDDOVER IT.
      And leave him alone you pathetic idiot.

1. Think that was meant as a joke, Richard!

18. alicialackey 18 Mar 2012, 2:23am

I dont think he has a gay face at all who ever said that he dose they’er probably gay them self’s.
    I think they were trying to ruin his reputation becuase he’s proably HANSOMER than they are.

1. alicialackey 18 Mar 2012, 2:33am

I love it when Dan is so nice to other people that are different from the rest.
      He’s so nice and I alway’s thought he was from the moment I saw him. (not in person though wish like h*** I did)

19. Richard Owens 6 May 2012, 3:52pm

Poor Daniel, to be subjected to this kind of stupid harassment. These people should keep their fantasies to themselves.
    I wish him every happiness with Rosie or whoever he eventually marries.

1. As with Tom Daley! They wouldn’t have a cat’s chance with DR or TD even if they WERE gay!

20. A negative aspect of every gay blog I’ve seen is this fawning over “supportive” celebrities on the part of both the writer and, specially, the commenters.

1. Why do you consider it out of line to congratulate and support people who use their celebrity status to support us?

21. Spanner1960 18 May 2012, 9:16am

Silly media.
    He’s far too hairy to be gay. :)

1. Have you heard of “bears”? :P

22. i have a crush on him.he is a cuuuteee

23. That’s really nice on him to speak out like that. It gives me a bit of faith in human being.

24. james park you are a gay lord gay lord so you are a loser and drop your website before i post mean stuff abut you loser bye for know gay lord

25. Jeffrey Jennings 8 Jul 2012, 3:59am

“gay face”

theasaurus rex oxford english compendium circa missing doomsday manuscript anglican cathedral publicational 1a) metaphor 2 negative polarity version, issue c: chapter 9 verse 11. response collective anciene 9 century…

A)

NOT A SLAPPED ARSE! = can see rainbow, note adverbial suffix. g – a – y. : o S ? ))))))) no?

/ <3 thrrrrr!

26. I completely agree with your opinion on gay marriage. If two people love each other, they should have the right to marry!

1. Who ever marked your comment with a minus should be slapped!

27. I do love Dan..He’s great. Though I nearly passed a comment on the “gay face” remark until I read further! lol

As for the girlfriend…Now we know how open Dan is, but there are those who’ll still question his sexuality regardless of the girlfriend. It’s how some think and in truth it’s not helped by those who have hidden their sexuality by having a boy/girlfriend when they’re actually gay. I’m not dissing them for doing this by the way because I once had a boyfriend because I was too scared to be honest about myself and that’s why many of us have done that, fear of letting people know for what ever reason.

But anywhooo…well done Dan :)

28. rashad stukes 10 Oct 2012, 8:25pm

is it wrong being gay because if it is then thths crazy

29. Chad Stevens 1 Jan 2013, 1:59pm

i like him and what he’s doing, but he sounds like he is interested in letting it be known he isn’t gay as well. it’s tiresome to keep answering attacks from these fucking bullies.

30. Elinor Predota 20 Jan 2013, 2:46pm

Of course having a girlfriend doesn’t mean he’s not bi. But of course I also take his own assessment of his sexual orientation at face value – it’s the only polite thing to do.

31. can someone shut this guy up? seriously he is as irritating as a bug who just wont die!