Kirk Cameron says he was ‘slandered’ over ‘unnatural gays’ comment

1. He’s digging himeself deeper!

How you can make comments such as homosexuality is “unnatural” and “unltimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization” and then claim to loving all people is just plain ridiculous!

His comments incite hatred!

Did he honestly think we would sit back and let him spout his idiotic vitriol without rhetort?

1. Vintagedude 8 Mar 2012, 4:38am

Kirk needs to keep his thoughts to himself. Actors don’t have all the answers, but some want to “act”like they do….. He hasn’t been through being a homosexual…. When he lives it awhile, then let him speak……

1. He actually has to think first and he’s obviously not doing so.

2. So, let me get this right: A bigoted person like Cameron is allowed to make derogatory statements about LGBT people but the second someone criticises him for that, they’re slandering him?

What a horrible little oik.

1. It’s that superiority complex …. I think it goes something like …. my beliefs make me a better person than everyone else .. well perhaps not better than other that believe the things I believe but definitely much better than homosexuals, who are dirty and human trash …. because I am a better person and know better than most other people it is simply not possible for me to say bad things about anyone else so the only possible explanation for this level of outrage is that lesser people than me are slandering me, particularly because I know what I said was true.

My theory why many people are drawn to fundamentalist styled belief systems is because inwardly they are in fact nasty pieces of work. Therefore they seek to associate with something that they perceive as being effective in hiding this fact. And it often does. I appreciate not all people are motivated to religious by a character flaw but a lot are.

3. I am waiting for him to say “some of my best friends are homosexualists”

1. I doubt he has any friends!

1. Jesus loves him, everyone else thinks he’s a c*nt

1. He already said that.

4. Ah yes – the offender painting themselves as victim. How silly of us not to realise that it is those of us who are against bigotry and in favour of equality who are the bad guys.

5. he said ti, he needs to own it, and take what he gets from the can of bigoted worms he opened up.

6. Aryugaetu 7 Mar 2012, 2:07pm

Andrew, actually he was quoted saying, “I’ve been encouraged by the support of many friends (including gay friends, incidentally).” [http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/07/10594010-kirk-cameron-my-gay-friends-support-me]

If ignorance is bliss, he must be the happiest person on the planet.

Personally, if there is no known repercussions from his vitriolic words, continuing to slam this idiot publicly would be too much like bullying. It’s time to take the higher ground; point and laugh, and move on.

1. Aryugaetu, you think ‘pointing and laughing’ is the moral high ground?! Sounds like bullying to me. Aren’t you supposed to hate that kind of behaviour?

2. Of course the gay friends he refers to will be the ones down at his local conversation therapy group, where they are busy learning to do manly things.

7. I agree, Kirk, that we are fortunate to live in a country where freedom of speech is the law of the land. But freedom of speech is not without consequences. (Why is that concept lost on so many bigots?) If you insist the world is flat, expect to be called out on it. If your speech exposes your bigotry and hate, expect members of your target group – and their allies – to expose you for exactly who and what you are. When you tell me that I am “ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization.”, I don’t feel much of that love you claim to have for “all people.” By the way, tell us what you’ve done to become such a self-professed expert on the gays…

1. Self loathing closet case…

8. Apparently, Kirk Cameron knows as little about the definition of “slander” as he does about the “foundations of civilization”.

It’s so sad when one thinks that he REALLY really thinks he’s being a good Christian, yet is acting in a manner that is absolutely proscribed by every single word attributed to Jesus himself.

9. bobbleobble 7 Mar 2012, 2:17pm

I’m confused by the comments of Baldwin at the bottom of the article where he talks about Cynthia Nixon. There was a HUGE backlash when she said her sexuality was chosen and in the end she made another second statement clarifying that she hadn’t chosen her sexuality as such since she was bisexual but that she had chosen to enter into a relationship with a woman.

Was Baldwin challenged on his assertions given that they were wrong? Far too often people are allowed to get away with spouting stuff that isn’t true and modern journalists are simply not up to the task of calling them on it.

1. Has it occurred to you that he was being SARCASTIC throughout ALL of his comments about Cameron? If you read them that way…you’ll get his point! (Namely that if a bi person cops sh-t about saying such crap, he should wear it, too!)

1. Singapore Sam 7 Mar 2012, 2:34pm

I doubt it, if you saw him on Big Brother, he was very “born again”.

2. bobbleobble 7 Mar 2012, 3:59pm

Baldwin is a real born again christian type. He wasn’t being sarcastic, he was there to defend Cameron because he agrees with Cameron. Take a bit more of a look at the ramblings of Stephen Baldwin and then let me know if you think he was being sarcastic.

2. @bobbleobble
      “Was Baldwin challenged on his assertions given that they were wrong? ”

He was challenged by George Takei:

“Stephen Baldwin and George Takei appeared on HLN’s Showbiz Tonight and discussed Cameron’s comments…

Takei said: “We have to remember yours is a faith-based opinion, and what we’re talking about is civil law, apart from your faith […] if you want respect from us for your faith, that respect has to be mutual.”

After Baldwin spoke of a “gay lifestyle”, Takei said being gay was was not akin to leading “a surfer lifestyle”. ”

RE Cynthia Nixon. He’s picking and choosing what news stories to pay attention to just like he picks and chooses sections of the bible to suit himself.

@ Adam your reading comprehension skills are somewhat lacking if you think Baldwin was being “sarcastic.

10. What a bigot! Homosexuality is natural and has been around as long as man has existed. So bah humbug to his 2,000 years of man-made christian bigotry.

11. He called gay people “unnatural” and “destructive” and complains that he was slandered? Mr. Cameron, you’re a repressed, self-loathing closet-queen and you need therapy. There, better now?

1. He cruises Griffith Park in Los Angeles for men.

1. Singapore Sam 7 Mar 2012, 3:07pm

You saw him?

12. Some months ago there was a ‘blind item’ on loads of websites about an 80’s TV teen-idol who had become an extremist born-again christian, who was in the habit of cruising Griffith Park in Los Angeles, where he picked up men and had fun with them in his car.

Yesterday the Blind Gossip website revealed that the celebrity in question was Kirk Cameron.

They decided to reveal that he is a closet case after his monstrous comments.

Whether this website can be trusted or not is a matter for debate. But it certainly gives any interviewer the right to ask Cameron to comment on allegations that he is a closet case who is cheating on his wife, and is a homophobic hypocrite.

Kirk Cameron is a pathetic, self-hating gay man who needs treatment for his disgusting lifestyle choice (and by lifestyle choice I mean his christianity).

1. Singapore Sam 7 Mar 2012, 3:06pm

Unsubstantiated gossip should not be relied on though, it gives him even more publicity, and is just plain wrong to bring into it.

1. Kirk Cameron’s comments about the gay community give every media outlet license to snoop about his private life to make sure that he is liiving up to the standards he is setting for others.

And the rumours about his cruising for men in Griffith Park have been about for years.

I think a reporter could have quite a story if they were to tail (not literally) Cameron for a few weeks.

2. “I’ve never heard of this ex-actor, and am nonplussed as to why he has been given such publicity. Why did Morgan interview him in the first place?”

I’d like to know that too. Is he promoting something in the US currently or is Piers Morgan just desperate for ratings and/or can’t get proper guests.

1. He can’t get proper guests.

Jeez. He even stooped to having Michelle Bachman.

Mind you, the more these goons open their gobs and spew gibberish, the more people can see them for what they are.

1. Well he’s certainly never going to interview Madonna…

I think under the circumstances Bachman was a good guest and I can see why she was on the show. She probably didn’t expect such a tough interview either, so respect to the slimey, tabloid weasel for that.

This guy though is a mystery to me.

13. As for GLAAD – what a useless group.

Why are they asking a hasbeen religious extremist to apologise?

Have they nothing better to do?

1. You are never happy are you. If they were silent you would berate them. No one can win with you David

1. Peter Tatchell can.

He’s very reasonable in my book.

14. Just another bully wetting his pants because the person he thought was a victim swung back, hit harder, and has more friends.

15. Christine Beckett 7 Mar 2012, 3:34pm

I think he has Space Mumps….. Don’t stand too close in case his head explodes..

16. Someone should send the man a dictionary with the word slander highlighted and underlined.

A copy of the study which found a link between right wing religious bigotry and stupidity would would probably be helpful as well.

17. Cameron, the former teen idol, has every right to spew his venom, but one of the products of his hatespeak is the responses of those injured by what he says…. and every gay man and Lesbian is indeed injured by his words. Let him enjoy the fruits of his “love.” One becomes very tired of those who use “love the sinner, hate the sin” as their permit to slander a group of people. I am so glad GLBT people are speaking out.

18. Awww, poor diddums, are people being mean to the former child star because of the silly things he said?

Tough.

1. Potted Kirk Cameron: Nothing on earth evolved because there’s no such thing as a crocoduck, and god created life because genetically cultivated bananas fit in my hand.
      If anyone still thinks he’s an authority on anything it’s basically their loss.

19. How can you grow up in the acting/theater world and have such views? Only in America – no doubt he’ll be the new poster boys for Santorum. America – as one who spent 10 years there – the mind boggles at just how Puritan it still remains.

1. Robert White 8 Mar 2012, 2:56am

Next time your countries decide to export all your religious wacos, please don’t send them all to the same place… It weakens the gene pool.

Sincerely,
      the USA.

20. Andrew in Oz 7 Mar 2012, 7:12pm

Its about time religion was declared a mental illness. These people really need help!

21. Sorry Kirk, but man was around long before we even thought about God (as opposed to the pagan gods who were also around before the christian god) as Christians know him now and so was homosexuality. the bible was written by men, not god. Marriage was created by men, not god! Get your facts right!

So glad I’m pagan. Paganism is far more excepting of people regardless of their sexuality etc. (And yes there will be those Pagans who aren’t like that, but they’re few and far between )

22. David Myers 8 Mar 2012, 2:09am

You have clearly failed in your life’s mission you dispicable hypocrit!

23. Robert White 8 Mar 2012, 2:39am

Dear doofus.

It is not “freedom to speak while everyone listens wiht adoration”, its freedom to speak and we get to hate you for being a biggot if we find your words bigotted.

So no, you had no right to speak without consequence.

Speak hate, be hated… get it?

24. johnny33308 8 Mar 2012, 3:37am

These Christians always pull out the ‘victim’ card when they are called on their hate-speech and evil bigotry….its the same tired song oppressors always use saying they are the victims…..sick and degenerate…..so much for religious values….they need to just STFU.

25. “I can assuredly say that it’s my life’s mission to love all people.” – Kirk Cameron.

Indeed.

Especiallly late at night in Griffith Park, in Los Angeles with a succession og strange men he invites into his car, so he can practise his gag reflex.

26. Of course he loves us. Religious fanatics are in unique possession of the Truth and oppress and patronise the rest of us For Our Own Good.

27. johnlaposky 26 Mar 2012, 7:07am

im glad that he took a stand on gods word homosexuals are abomination it is a perverted lifestyle that is based on the lust of the flesh if you condon that then you condon child abuse rape and anything that degrades people, they have no comon sense and no values or morals we have to take a stand on gods word that is what counts love the person ,hate the sin. they hate god and those who stand up for god and im glad the bilbe says the world would hate us for his name but in the end they lose and they know it they know they are doing wrong they just do not have the comon sense to stop, kirk keep standing in gods word for he will never forsake us like his word says

28. tell him to bend over – I’m str8 but for him, I’d make him happy no matter what.

Unfortunately, for some people hate and bigotry is natural

Ever notice how many comments on blogs say

…..god hates………….

hell of a fcking god.

BTw dont use the animal defense biz

it plays right into the hands of the bigots with their beastiality claims.