Gay marine’s homecoming kiss an online hit

1. im in total awwwwwwww..i dont get how anyone could hate this picture i really dont…

2. Delightful photo :D

3. Beautiful :D

4. September Meadows 28 Feb 2012, 3:26pm

Awesome :D

5. bless! having dating a sailor a long time ago (yes really cliche i know) i know how hard it is when they are posted away.

1. As an ex-RN sailor I can tell you it’s just as hard being away from family and loved ones, it’s just as well we love our job too.

2. Dalan Wells’ comments about the photo (from towleroad.com):

“Yes Brandon and I knew each other for 4 years and had an ongoing crush which I did not know was mutual at first. He was very anti-gay kind of extreme christian, “straight” and married once even. So this has been a long road for us over the 4 years. Looking back I see that he was clearly one of those protest too much guys who have something to hide… So this all began a long time ago but finally happened a few months ago while he was in Afghanistan. Because of the losses and daily pressures over there he was thinking of what his biggest regret was back home, and it was not getting me to go out with him… We then started writing long letters to each other everyday to keep sane till he finally landed here in Hawaii and we got to have that first kiss after four years of waiting. Guess I feel like I am over explaining things but I know some people thought this was some casual relationship that started on facebook.”

6. Truly is a great, heart warming picture!

7. Benjamin Kidd 28 Feb 2012, 3:43pm

oh bless them, they look so happy and why not, its jsut to people in love who have obviously missed each other dreadfully… no different from anyone else, as they say the haters can go hate…they are the sad ones

8. Garry Cassell 28 Feb 2012, 3:53pm

Very nice pic…wish u much happiness..fr. a Canadian.

9. Very touching… I wish them all the best.

10. Simply perfect.

11. What a fantastic, heart-warming photo. Think I might just wallpaper it!

12. Poo on the penis...,.euuugh! 28 Feb 2012, 4:28pm

Pass the sick bag.

1. Keith speaks, pass the sick bag.

1. I think it’s a condom he needs. He’s got poo on his penis.

2. How about you die first?!

1. Poo on the penis...,.euuugh! 28 Feb 2012, 5:49pm

Bad day at the clnic? If I do it wont be dut to AIDs, moron!

1. Heh! I’m a clean boy – unlike you ya repressed closet case. As I said, drop dead!

2. “Bad day at the clnic? If I do it wont be dut to AIDs, moron!”

The words are “clinic”, “won’t”, “down”.

The tragedy of alcoholism and poor education.

I’d say YOUR clinic is a rehab centre.

3. F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off F–ck off

1. DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF, DILLIGAF,

3. Aww, diddums. Does the sight of two men embracing affect you so much? What a shame. I’ll go and hug my boyfriend… mine, of 18 years, 5 months, 171 days.

1. Congrats.. :)

1. That should be 18 years, 5 months, 17 days… got a little carried away with trying to reply quickly!

4. “Pass the sick bag”

Bet you didn’t say that before your ex-gay “conversion”…. but do you say it at 4am in the park, I wonder?

5. Under Investigation,

6. Dave North 29 Feb 2012, 3:08pm

Why.

Walked past a mirror again have you.

It must be awful to be so unloved.

I pity you.

7. ‘Pass the sick bag’.
      Yes, Keith, it must really make you sick that no sane person would ever hug or kiss you.

13. apart from obvious i also like the background, it tells a lot

14. God Bless them for they are following God’s command to love one another.

1. Spanner1960 29 Feb 2012, 8:20am

I don’t think God had anything to do with that.

15. Favourable comments and plenty of green arrows in the Daily Mail. Be interesting to see whether the usual evangelical orchestrated response happens and the red arrows start to outnumber the green?

Great picture.

16. Robert in S. Kensington 28 Feb 2012, 6:33pm

Absolutely wonderful. Notice none of the people in the background are looking or seem bothered. But wait until the right wing religious nutters and other bigots get a hold of it.

17. So beautiful it makes me cry. bless you both.

18. jamestoronto 28 Feb 2012, 7:55pm

This photo is on its way to becoming as iconic as the 1945 one of the sailor dipping and kissing a woman in Times Square. Great photo.

1. I hope so.. :)

19. Love knows no boundaries. As the son of a soldier, this makes me so proud. Five years ago, this wouldn’t have happened so it’s nice to see that the world is evolving, albeit slowly sometimes.

Let the haters hate, who cares what random people you’re never likely to (or wanting to) meet think.

Congratulations on a safe homecoming and thank you for your service. People like this are the reason we can freely do what we do on a daily basis, and we should not forget that.

20. And don’t they look fit as!

21. The LGBT community in the US deserves full marks for keeping the pressure on the Obama administration, and bringing down DADT. November’s re-election of Obama is crucial to more progress, particularly as he may be able to make new appointments to SCOTUS.

The photo of Brandon (THREE deployments) and Dalan is all the more remarkable when you see that no one in the background is taking the slightest notice. A marine corps spokesman has officially reacted, describing this as just “a typical homecoming”.

22. There are Keith, have some of that! See, we can love, and I tell you this… its so much better. Guys give the most wonderful hugs ever!

23. What a wonderful picture. It made my day and boy he’s a big guy! lol

24. Truly beautiful

25. Heart warming! how life should be!

“what would you do?” a series produced by ABC TV recently presented this documentary on military same sex re-unions with interesting results. There are more LGBT scenario’s in the series worth the watch.

26. They are very brave

1. Agreed. But it’s about pushing out boundaries, isn’t it? If more gay people could do this in public, how much more improved would society be for everyone.

27. i love how u felt and the way you are. Awesome.

28. Ahh

my cold black heart is melting

29. GingerlyColors 29 Feb 2012, 8:45am

A positive sign of the times.

30. TheLizzie12 29 Feb 2012, 8:47am

Sergeant Brandon Morgan used to kiss me like that when we were a couple and he visited me in Peckham when he had leave from the marines. Happy days. Shame we didn’t have a photo taken, or I’d have posted it on the internet (ha ha ha).

1. What an awful comment….move on…..i hope hes happy now….ur in the Uk HES in USA…..long distance dont work…..

31. David Thomas 29 Feb 2012, 8:57am

Fantastic more more more……..:) Love yeah

32. Let me hear your whisper, let me hear your sigh, let me put my arms around you, let me call you mine….Samoan love song.

33. Let me hear your whisper, let me hear your sigh, let me put my arms around you, let me call you mine….Samoan love song.
    This photo brought tears to my eyes, as I have never known a moment like that. Very touching.

34. Shame there was no video of this….it would have been a You Tube hit as well! Happy Homecoming guys!

35. This is such a lovely picture, they are a very cute couple and I wish them the best of luck in the future, F*** the haters!!

36. A single image that inspires, makes you proud to be gay, and awe struck by the natural and passionate embrace of two brave men. Respect.

37. Hmm … I would rather see a humanitarian – a pacifist, antimilitarist, antinacionalist etc. – returning home and kissing his boyfriend …

1. No thanks! We’ve already had our Neville Chamberlain moment- which also became an iconic photo-op.

1. Hm? What do you mean?

38. Lovely picture, put a big smile on my face :)

39. Staircase2 29 Feb 2012, 3:37pm

Awwww bless em :o)
    Good for them! :o)

40. Super.All good luck to them

41. Seriously sweet and such a great photo. I can see why it went viral.

42. Delightful! (and it’s about time!) This photo will go down with the famous Times Square photo of the nurse and sailor kissing in 1945

43. WISH THAT WAS ME…..LOL

44. Livinintruth 1 Mar 2012, 11:14pm

Love this photo. It actually inspired this video on Youtube- http://youtu.be/859KUCKBiio

1. Truly warmed my heart when I saw this photo.
      We have no right to deny these two boys’ LOVE.
      I wish them both all the joyful happiness in the world!!!

45. Truly warmed my heart when I saw this photo. We have no rights to deny these two boys’ LOVE. I wish them both all the joyful happiness in the world.

46. THIS PHOTO IS DISGUSTING AND A DISGRACE TO OUR COUNTRY!

47. A brilliant photo is worth a thousand words. It’s gone completely viral & is now working its way through traditional press outlets, breaking down barriers.

48. Damn, I can’t see this photo and avoid crying of emotion. Seriously, I am such an emotional person. My nose is even running. It’s so beautiful it hit me in the heart. There is hardly something more beautiful in the world than the love between two men.