‘Gay Slayer’ Colin Ireland dies in prison

1. Of natural causes? At aged 57? I dont think its very ‘natural’ to die at 57.

1. Spanner1960 22 Feb 2012, 11:59am

You can die in childbirth of natural causes.

2. Jan Moir said much the same thing about Stephen Gately’s death, didn’t she?

2. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

1. A self hating closet case if ever there was.

3. Painfully I hope!! Good riddance!

4. Lets get Jan Moir to write the obituary.

1. er . whose usin my name ???? :(

5. if u allow urself to be tied up ect . then u know the risk(s) u run with ur life ! however . nobody deserves to be murdered . so i.m happy to hear this arsehole is gone now . this all happened the year i was born . so i had to look info up to see what it was all about . as for u spiritbody …. yes . people DO pass NATURALY at ALL ages . in fact each week . several TEENS die from unknown heart defects . do ur RESEARCH before commentin in future yeah ? !

1. Your mother is a whore and your father is a jackal.

1. Spanner1960 22 Feb 2012, 12:00pm

Your Mother is a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries.

2. Real bright – is there any need for that? We’re all entitled to our opinions.

1. If you blame the victim I will tear you a new one. By practising BDSM one does not invite death

1. So tell him that then? Don’t sit there and swear at his mother and father.

Would you like it if I decided to give you abuse because of something you said?

2. well in my eyes your sure taking/putting yourself at RISK of danger . even murder !

2. Woh! Who put sand in your vagina?! Why so nasty to me? I was just sayin that as a rule, healthy people dont fall down dead at such a young age. I thought it was a slightly more interesting response than the boring, tired old, predictable hate speech that always comes up on stories like this. Like what you came out with for example.

1. don’t blame the victims and I will be nice

This animal took advantage of their trust to become infamous.

1. Spiritbody 22 Feb 2012, 1:26pm

What? Who the hell is blaming the victims? What you talking about?

1. Oh the man has a bugbear about something – his issue.

You want to read a little before you kick off pal, perhaps trying a measured approach and presenting an argument then might be a start.

No-one is blaming victims.

As for “ripping me a new one?” You want to repeat that threat? I cna always take it to the police?!

2. Suck my hairy ball sack bitch

3. How about you drop dead first!

2. i happen to be MALE & not a HEMAPHRODITE thanks !

3. “If you allow yourself to be tied up you know the risks your run” – Everytime you hook up with someone you run that risk, its not like everyone out there is a serial killer. I think everyone should take precautions but if your into being tied up then it is a risk your probably willing to take.

1. To be fair Hamish he sounds like he’s rather young, heavens, at that age I thought anal sex was exotic and risky. ;-)

Kian, in response I understand where you’re coming from but as Hamish as argued, there’s a risk in anytype of meet. It’s always important to take precautions when going on a date, text friends etc.

This killer did use BDSM as a tool to create a situation which left his victims defensless so they were easier to slaughter and perhaps there is a point in your argument in that BDSM requires even more trustworthy partners than say something more vanilla.

1. Yes lets blame the victim women who wear short skirts and get raped deserve it too in your world

1. I’m not blaming the victim!

I repeat, I’m not blaming the victim.

Short of attacking your thick skull with the verbal equivalent of a pneumatic drill I’m unaware of how I can convince you otherwise.

2. I was born in 1993!

1. Don’t use age as an excuse if they are coming out with stupid comments its cos they’ve not bothered to take the time to think not cos they don’t know any better.

2. Paddyswurds 22 Feb 2012, 12:59pm

@….
            ….Actually more people are murdered every year by long term partners than are by casual pick ups. Good riddance though to this crim .It will save the Prison Service £90k if nowt else.

3. I didn’t know that, well thats an end to my want for marriage equality :P

4. Well maybe you have a point there then. Evidently not many people are as knowledgeable and forward thinking as you.

4. Sister Mary Clarence 22 Feb 2012, 12:15pm

I remember when this all kicked off so well. It was a completely different time, no LGBT liaison officers, no relationship between the police and the gay community, little or no understand of the gay community by the police, and little or no love lost.

The investigation was ham-fisted and there was huge criticism of the police for failing to link the murders, and when they did, the panic when they realised they had dropped the ball was so evident.

I don’t recall it was that clear though that the victims has allowed themselves to be anything. There was a lot of talk about the circumstances of each death but we only have Colin Ireland’s accounts of the deaths and I’m loathe to accept the accounts of a serial killers of the circumstances of the deaths.

The guy was a vicious cold blooded calculating killer who murdered for fame and notoriety – I think we should focus on what he did wrong and not what is victims may or may not have.

6. Good lets hope that those he killed are waiting to send him to hell.

1. oh i.m sure he.s there allready . without their help ! :o)

2. He’s not in hell.

There is no such thing as hell.

Sheesh. Some people!

1. No such place as hell??

HAVE YOU TRIED SHOPPING IN SAINSBURYS ON A SATURDAY?

1. NO! MORRISON’S ON A SATURDAY IS MUCH WORSE!! OH THE HUMANITY!

1. I like Morrisons. It keeps the riff-raff out of Sainsburys.

Just joking ! xx

2. Do people still go to supermarkets? SInce waitrose delivers I have no reason to rub shoulders with the riff raff

7. Shame he was not hung for what he did!

1. I’m sure the Birmingham 6 may disagree with you there.

The death penalty is not a punishment that exists in civilised countries.

1. Indeed, and not everyone will. However, in these days where forensics are for more advanced than they were at the time of the Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4 so convictions for murder can be much more water tight.

In terms of the death sentence itself, I am somewhat torn on the issue and my comment above is just that, a comment.

I am sure that the families of those who died would have liked the death penalty for Ireland if it were still an option. I know that when my brother was murdered, prison was and still is too good for the vile creature who stabbed him 16 times. In this case I do, but I don’t necessarily belive in an eye for an eye. It is a kind of catch 22. I don’t see why I should be payin bed and board for someone while a brother I loved dearly is 6 feet under.

1. Even with the advances in forensics and DNA, it is still possible however for mistakes to be made so I still maintain that the death penalty should never be used.

And griefstricken as Colin Ireland’s victims’ families were (as indeed you were when your brother got killed) I am not sure that executing him would have made life any easier for his victims’ families.

The death penalty is exactly that ‘an eye for an eye’ – I don’t think it fixes anything other than a brief revenge fantasy, after which the victims are still dead and Colin Ireland would also be dead.

I’d rather be dead than spend 25 years in prison. Prison is horrible (despite what the Daily Heil pretends about prisoners having flat screen TV’s and mobile phones).

1. As I stated above, I do not necessarily believe in the death penalty.

I am sure that many people who have gone through a bereavement in this way do want the death penalty. It is something that unless you have gone through it yourself, it is difficult to comprehend how you feel at that time and sometiems still do. But reality kicks in and you think that by agreeing to a state sanctioned death, does that not make worse than the criminal in the first place?

As you rightly say, mistakes can still be made in evidence.

But i certainly do think that a life sentence should mean life with no parole. The prepetrator should die behind bars as has happened here.

The whole for/against deth penalty i ssomething that will be going on for many years to come.

2. Sister Mary Clarence 22 Feb 2012, 11:33pm

He admitted all five murders and even contacted the police when they didn’t link them.

He never once claimed innocence and reveled in his notoriety.

I’m not a big fan of the death penalty, and I think cases like that of Jeremy Bamber are a good argument against it, but what he did was unimaginably evil and screwed up. In his case I really believe he should have had his life taken away from him.

3. I am one of the victims’ families and I can honestly say that the death penalty should have been used in this case. As Colin was the one that called the police, admitted to killings and then the evidence backed him up.
            So why should the tax payers have paid to keep him? The fact of weather he was in prison or given the death penalty has no reflection on mine or others in my situation. The pain of the loss of that person is catastrophic when it is murder. There is nothing that can change or ease the feeling then or now. Yes I am glad he is no more a drain on the tax payers but it does not change the feeling that I live with every day or change the amount of destruction this man caused for the families of the men that he killed. No prison sentence or death penalty can change that.

8. Sister Goodlove 22 Feb 2012, 12:01pm

Rest in pieces. x

9. Spanner1960 22 Feb 2012, 12:02pm

It’s funny how all the anti-religionists on here that slag off “sky-fairies” still somehow believe in hell.

If you are going to be an atheist, at least be consistent.

1. Hahahahaha. I had replied ti James’s comment above before I saw this.

1. I used hell as a metaphor. I’m not sure if you guys are as 2 dimensional as you come across or you’re a pair of piss takers

1. Spanner1960 24 Feb 2012, 8:01am

I’m just a piss-taker, but jeez, you leave plenty of opportunity.

10. I for one am glad he’s dead, whether it be natural or otherwise.

11. Paddyswurds 22 Feb 2012, 1:01pm

@….
    ….In fact more people are murdered every year by long term partners than are by casual pick ups.
    Good riddance though to this thug.
    It will save the Prison Service £90k if nothing else.

1. Paddyswurds 22 Feb 2012, 1:02pm

….
      ….90k a week that is….**

12. People on this site should mourn the dead as befits the innate dignity of the human being. I was shocked by his crimes but I hope he repented before his death. Today is Ash Wedesday, the beginning of Lent, where persons of true humility begin a season of prayer, fasting and charity to realign ourselves to God, who is Love and desires our return to him with a pure heart. May Colin and his victims rest in peace.

1. WTF? Are you serious? Colin deserves to rot in hell for what he did!

1. A gentle reminder – ‘hell’ does not exist.

2. ‘God’ is far worse than Colin Ireland though

Colin Ireland murdered 5 people in cold blood and was jailed until his death

‘God’ murdered the 1st born child of every single Egyptian, in cold blood. And remains unpunished for its crimes against humanity.

Doesn’t that make your ‘god’ worse than Colin Ireland?

Unless of course your ‘god’ is a fictional character in which case please keep it out of this discussion.

1. Am well aware that hell does not exist, neither does heaven!

3. @RONNIE. Well put and thought-provoking.

4. Christo-babbling nonsense. Spare us your fairy tales. And mourn him? I bloody cheered.

5. Mr. Ripley's Asscrack 23 Feb 2012, 6:17pm

I don’t think it’s overstepping the mark to perhaps not mourn Ireland’s passing, but take a moment to reflect and remember his innocent victims. Thanks for the calendar update on your particular religious festival… I, too, am love – but will be desiring a pure ass to align myself with. Good cheer. Can you tell I’m bored?!

13. It is not healthy to rejoice over anyone’s death, even in the case of someone as unsavoury as Colin Ireland. My strongest memory of this case is his seeming much greater embarassment at the thought of being perceived as gay than as a mass-murderer. Homophobia really screws people up.

14. I mean no offence in posting this here, please hear me in good grace. My sympathy is with his victims and yes with Colin. I do not defend Colin. His murders were abhorrent. Yet – none of us are all bad – Colin saved my life. Without him I’d be dead. Would I prefer that Peter Walker, Christopher Dunn, Perry Bradley III, Andrew Collier, Emanuel Spiteri, live and I do not – Yes. But I cannot change their deaths for mine. It brings shame on anyone to celebrate any death. To love is the best of humanity, to hate is the worst. I will miss Colin dearly.

1. Tell us more.

This sounds interesting.

How do you know serial killer Colin Ireland?

15. One does hope that Mr Ireland’s death was due to a sloe, painful cause and that he suffered while dying. I have no sympathy for this despicable man, only for his victims and their families.

16. Well its a shame it was natural frankly but hey its one less horrible person walking the earth. Who knows maybe he got some special male attention whilst in prison as pay back?

Now when and where is the funeral – the flag should be waved at such an event “)

17. i knew a side of you that others never saw, you payed for your crimes now rest in peace. from a friend

1. A side of him that didn’t murder people?

Tell us more.

Was he a fan of Jan Moir in his spare time?

2. Russ, if you have something to say to us, I wish you would say it rather than being ambiguous.

I don’t see the point of talking to Colin Ireland on this site, do you?

18. GingerlyColors 23 Feb 2012, 6:58am

No great loss there then.

19. Spanner1960 24 Feb 2012, 8:03am

People give a whole life tariff are literally “a waste of space”. Do us all a favour and execute them instead of them wasting the rest of their lives, the families of their victims still thinking about them and the taxpayer having to pay for them.

20. Thanks so much for compiling this info! You can focus on Nike Free günstig

1. I knew Ireland at the time of his arrest & before. He ruined my life as well. The night before his arrest he drugged & raped me at knifepoint. I am a heterosexual male and couldnt bring myself to tell anyone for 10 years. and have suffered with severe PTSD since. I believe the reason he did this was not for any other reason than I knew details that tied him 100% to the murders. This evil monster died in pain fighting for breath (he had a broken hip & pulmonary fibrosis) just like his victims. Karma is a bitch