Cuba Gooding Jr’s father ‘asked Tom Cruise if he was gay’

1. “Cuba Gooding Jr’s father ‘asked Tom Cruise if he was gay'”

And the answer would be yes, but not in court when suing a tabloid, or dancing maniacally on a couch to make everyone think I’m straight and “normal”, and not a member of a lunatic cult who think dead aliens are stuck to me.

1. While the U.S. does have libel laws, I think they generally have less legal teeth than U.K. libel laws. IIRC, in U.S. libel law, it is the plaintiff’s burden to prove that the defendant lied – as a matter of freedom of speech, it is not necessarily the defendant’s burden to prove truth. Libel plaintiffs have a stronger case when they can legally prove that lies were told. So if the defendant wrote that a plaintiff is gay, the plaintiff has to prove he’s not gay – often an impossible task, as it is so much easier to prove orientation than to disprove it. Basically, you can openly say anyone is gay – even if they are attracted to the opposite sex, it does not prove they are not bi.

2. “Before Jerry Maguire, Gooding had been in A Few Good Men with Cruise.”

*boom-boom-tish!*

3. You would think that the penis in Tom Cruise’s mouth, at the time the quesrion was asked, would have revealed the answer to Mr Gooding Sr.

Allegedly.

1. Staircase2 16 Feb 2012, 8:56pm

You really are a complete toad…

1. David Myers 17 Feb 2012, 8:30am

No surprise there!

2. Why thank you ;)

4. Suddenly Last Bummer 16 Feb 2012, 2:01pm

Poor old Tom, crippled by his fear of coming out. There’s more chance of aliens actually coming to save Scientologists on judgement day than there is chance of Tom being straight. The LGBT community should blacklist his films along with those of Travolta.

1. Michael Moore, CairnsBlog 17 Feb 2012, 1:33pm

…and Kevin Spacy

5. jamestoronto 16 Feb 2012, 4:54pm

Who cares. In fact, I am hopeful the idiot is not gay. It could set the movement back a decade.

1. David Myers 17 Feb 2012, 8:32am

You mean like J. Edgar Hoover and Roy Cohn? How I hated to have to include them as gay! Biggest hypocrits ever!

6. and this story is of interest to the gay community because…..

???

I agree with jamestoronto above. We don’t want him to be gay!

1. Staircase2 16 Feb 2012, 8:57pm

Because its on Graham Norton of course!
      And they’re publicising the show – hellooo!

1. Dan Filson 16 Feb 2012, 9:09pm

… and also publicising the perhaps-slowed-down career of Cuba Gooding Jr. Wasn’t he last seen manning an ack-ack gun on the Arizona in ‘Pearl Harbor’ in his spotless kitchen orderly whites. And very nice he looked too, but you cannot be young and cute forever.

7. “Be he said he also wished people would stop saying his character’s signature line “Show me the money”.” (excuse the inevitable PN typo) Maybe if he stopped accepting roles in ABYSMAL turkeys people might be able to quote more recent lines.

8. Paddyswurds 17 Feb 2012, 12:02pm

Yet another non story from Pink News. Who caress whether or not the poised dwarf Cruise is gay although most of us would prefer he weren’t. The guy is a member of a “religion” that was invented by a nut case in 1834 and believes we are all walking around with an alien in our back pocket ffs………

1. 1834? Surely not so long ago? I thought scientology was made up in the 1950s.

9. I doubt Ricky Gervais would have alluded to Cruise and Travolta last year unless it was — well — true.

Apparently, Carrie Fisher also outed Travolta:

youtube.com/watch?v=OKd_CbYK9E0

10. Jim Fields 18 Feb 2012, 1:20pm

so cuba gooding jr doesnt want to hear show me the money anymore .. well if it had made my career I would see if I couldnt trademark it and sale it on tshirts, caps, mugs or anything else I could think to put it on.. anyway why is in bars where there are drunks .. lol.
    but being famous I guess it happens
    cuba I love you man but ease up some and see what happens adn the cruise thing lets move on who cares .. just think cruise joining up and down on the oprah show .. and figure things out for yourself the man aint right lol