Whitney Houston was ‘at her happiest in lesbian relationship’, Peter Tatchell claims

1. Spanner1960 13 Feb 2012, 5:16pm

Apparently she’s starring in a new film.
    It’s called “The Bodybag”.

1. karma will fix you

1. Spanner1960 13 Feb 2012, 9:09pm

It sure as did her. The woman was a bitch.

1. Oh really when did you meet her? Or are you just a silly bottom feeder who will only be mourned by the fleas?

1. Spanner1960 14 Feb 2012, 11:14pm

I worked with her in 1985 during Live Aid, and she was a complete thorn in everybody’s side.

2. oooooh another imaginary force to threaten people with – a sense of humour is required in life

2. GingerlyColors 13 Feb 2012, 8:46pm

I’m sorry to say this but right now is not the time to make jokes. My ‘Run Rabbi’ ditty about the Amsterdam rabbi went down like a lead balloon.

1. I laughed

3. o fukking k……since when was having a sense of humour made illegal!
      If its not illegal then what is the official cooling off period before we can make jokes about the dead??

1. Spanner1960 15 Feb 2012, 3:57pm

Usually between the time of death and the re-release of their “Greatest Hits” album.

2. GingerlyColors 17 Feb 2012, 6:57am

Having a sense of humour does not mean making sick jokes about recently deceased people in the same way that freedom of speech does not give people the right to spread hatred.
        Spanner1960, I am sorry to say that you seem to have broken the Pink News record for the most ‘Thumbs downs’, even beating that troll, HIV Free It Gets Worse Keith.

1. Spanner1960 18 Feb 2012, 5:15pm

We aim to please. :)

2. I think we should take people at their word unless you have evidence to the contrary. What did Whitney’s “partner” have to say? Where is this woman?

3. Sometimes Peter Tatchell should just shut the f$%& up

She hasn’t even been buried yet.

1. So what – she is public figure and possibly another tragedy caused by bigotry towards gay relationships – forced for the sake of her career to marry a pimp just to preserve her public image – why should waiting for her to be buried make any difference – She ain’t gonna come back and complain. fool

1. “forced for the sake of her career to marry a pimp just to preserve her public image”

You’re basing this on Tatchell’s statement?

If he told you the moon was cheese would you try and eat it? Fool.

2. And is she here to defend herself? No so shut up and let her rest in peace.

2. Anti Widdecombe 14 Feb 2012, 2:28pm

Peter Tatchell is a bit of a dick really. I hate the fact that this man is one of the prominent gay activists in the UK. Can we please have someone who isn’t a fame whore?

1. I think he mostly does a lot of good work. This is not exactly his finest hour however.

3. Staircase2 14 Feb 2012, 8:39pm

And how does the fact she’s died affect her sexuality then?
      You’re assuming that being told she had a female partner is some kind of ‘disrespectful slur’….
      …what the fcvk is THAT about…?!

1. I couldn’t give two sh1ts about her sexuality.
        See my below comment to deVillers.
        Peter Tatchell doesn’t care or know anything about Whitney Houston’s emotional state of mind over her entire lifetime he met her briefly 20 years ago.
        Had her alleged lover made this statement I would have had quite a different response but well done for assuming everyone who dislikes Peter Tatchell’s statement and finds his timing opportunistic and distasteful hates lesbians, that’s quite a leap…

1. Staircase2 18 Feb 2012, 1:44am

Not at all…

READ WHAT I SAID….
          If you couldn’t ‘give two sh!ts about her sexuality’ then why are you saying that its wrong to say she’s gay then?

I don’t get it….

4. Oh yeah…lets all pretend that Whitney was pure as the driven snow (pun intended)…yeah thats right..she wasn’t a drug addict…never did nothing wrong, wasn’t booed during her last tour for not being able to sing. She sure took the ticket money though!
      So do we wait until she is buried until we seek the truth…?? Just saying like! BTW I’m a fan which means I loved Whitney warts and all…she was HUMAN…she fuked up and she was a drug addict.and she may have had affairs with women….deal with it and stop using her death to voice your hatred for Mr Tatchell.

1. I don’t have any hatred for Peter Tatchell I think he does great work usually.

That doesn’t mean everything the man does is wonderful and beyond criticism.

It doesn’t really matter what Whitney Houston was, (point of fact I am not a fan of hers, I’m too young to remember her as anything other than another famous crackhead). Peter Tatchell did not know her and is not qualified to tell everyone when she was happiest in her life.

For all he knows she was a bisexual and she loved her husband despite the fact he was one of the world’s biggest @R$£holes.

4. Hey You’ve got to hide your love away, The Beatles. So sad how they attack a beautiful woman and singer after her passing. They are the product of Christian propaganda training and hate towards LGBT people as most of you know. The only solution the Christians have is to attack, abuse and destroy people they do not know how to help or force them to do something that causes them more harm. That is the saddest thing in the world, a confused Christian who does not know how to help or love his fellow man. When they have been taught to do so. Whitney’s music will out live the hate and go down through time as one of the greats and will still be up lifting people long after the haters have destroyed themselves with their own hate. People who have no respect for the dead or others deserves no respect. They are mentally sick people who really need help. You know who these sad and sick little people are when you hear and see them talking hate and harming others.

1. Staircase2 14 Feb 2012, 8:43pm

sorry – who are you talking about here though?

5. No Peter.

That would have been her “bisexual” relationship.

1. No, bisexual people have gay relationships and straight relationships. You can’t have a bisexual relationship – unless perhaps its a threesome!

1. Or another bisexual

2. If she likes both men and women she is not HOMOsexual.

BI sexual is the word that covers that.

3. You are right. No bisexual people have gay relationships or straight relationships. They have same sex and opposite sex relationships.

Bisexual relationships do exist and are absurdly common – most “straight” couples are in a bisexual relationship.

2. You can’t have a bisexual relationship, it doesn’t make sense. If a woman is with another woman then it’s a gay/lesbian relationship, regardless of whether one or both parties are bisexual. If a woman is in a relationship with a man then it’s a straight relationship. Someone can still be bisexual if they’re in a gay or straight relationship.

3. Anti Widdecombe 14 Feb 2012, 2:49pm

If she had a relationship with a man, then a woman, and then a man, that would suggest to me that she was bisexual.

Of course, no disrespect to her, I only point this out because the real reason B L Z bub suggested this, IMO, is because I believe (and think BLZ bub also believes) that Peter tried to suggest that really she was gay and simply repressing her feelings.

Bisexuals do exist people. It’s not black and white.

6. All the Whitney Houston speculation, about the circumstances of her death and her alleged lesbianism is really starting to bug me. Nobody knows for sure what killed her and the only people who knew for sure what went in with her and her assistant were them and they’ve both denied that anything was happening.
    And Peter Tatchell should shut up, do we really need to know his opinion on every single thing that happens in the world?!

7. nasty piece of sun worthy muck spreading. She has a daughter who is grieving and this shows the lack of morality on this site. Cheap and nasty and tatchell is an opportunist . Yes peter everyone is gay

8. I have to agree with some of the comments here.

I wasn’t her biggest fan at all and I must admit I’m certainly not traumatised by her death. However, she was amazing for her time.

Peter, her daughter doesn’t need to hear this – neither does the world in general. There was no reason for you to even say what you’ve said.

It’s not about being gay being a bad thing or even the alleged push into marrying someone she didn’t want to marry (by the way, who are you to presume that the marriage wasn’t sincere)? It’s about common decency.

You’ve really misfired on this one.

1. vversatile 13 Feb 2012, 8:32pm

“Peter, her daughter doesn’t need to hear this – neither does the world in general.”
      While I obviously have sympathy for her daughter, the world in general does to need to hear this so that they can stop this from happening again.
      If you tell people that being gay is sinful then is this is what can happen.

There are an awful lot of people who dealt with professionally and socially who say the same as Peter Tatchell.

1. It is no-one’s business but hers. Was she hypocritical at any point? Not to my knowledge and he certainly doesn’t have a right to speak about her happiness because he met her an event…probably very, very briefly.

No-one is arguing against the point that we need to do all we can to stop others seeing being LGBT as a sin. That’s not the issue here at all.

What is an issue is that there was no need whatsoever for Peter Thatchell to state what he had stated. Would good would it possibly do? The cynic in me says that this is a Peter Thatchell media machine in action with “look everyone, look what I’ve said, come and pay attention or I’ll scream louder”. When sometimes what is needed is a little bit of common sense.

Also, I don’t give a flying fig about Whitney’s perceived sexuality. I couldn’t care if she was a lesbian, bisexual or pink with green stripes. It is no-one’s business but her own.

1. In addition, while I support hypocrites being called to answer for homophobia if they indeed happen to be gay or bi themselves I can’t condone an ill thought out and opportunistic assault on somone who clearly has done nothing to deserve it and whom can’t answer for herself.

9. It seems to me that Tatchell’s statement is an unnecessary personal opinion based on speculation. I’m not sure what Tatchell’s hoped to achieve, but if it was to undermine his worth by spreading gossip – mission accomplished.

10. My initial reaction to this was “Shut up Thatchell”. I wish he’d keep his mouth shut sometimes, she only just died. If Whitney had a female partner it’s her business. I notice he didn’t make this claim when she was alive to sue him, only now when she is unable respond.

1. GingerlyColors 13 Feb 2012, 8:49pm

Legally speaking, you cannot slander the dead. Many people are still making disgusting remarks about Michael Jackson who even though he was cleared by a court of law of abusing children.

11. GingerlyColors 13 Feb 2012, 8:44pm

Although Peter Tatchell has done a lot for gay rights, some of his methods have caused concern for some gays such as myself. It wasn’t until his confrontation with Robert Mugabe and his thugs that he gained wider respectability. There are times though when he needs to keep his opinions to himself such as now when Whitney Houston’s body isn’t even cold and the last thing that he friends, family and fans want is for people to speculate about her private life.
    Rest in peace, Whitney.

12. its not your place to comment or speculate on her private life, especially when she cannot reply. Shame on you Peter Tatchell and shame on you pink news for even thinking of publishing this!

13. de Villiers 13 Feb 2012, 10:24pm

Although I think that Peter Tatchell’s comments seem a bit unnecessary, why does everyone seem to think that suggesting someone has had a gay relationship is a bad thing or that it reflects badly on their life?

1. I don’t know what you’ve been reading de Villers but no one seems to be suggesting that to me.

What people are saying is that Tatchell is:
      a) not qualified to determine when Whitney Houston, (a person it seems he met once) was happiest in her life or whether she was ever even in a lesbian relationship.

b) should probably wait until later, if at all, to share his fascinating anecdote/fantasy.

and c) Is potentially seeking to benefit from her death with ridiculous attention seeking.

1. I think c) is the most applicable to him

1. Staircase2 18 Feb 2012, 1:46am

What a load of bollocks…

14. I wasn’t a Whitney fan, but I am a fellow human being who really finds this both distasteful and disrespectful of Peter to say the least. This really doesn’t feel like the time for such speculation. And as others say, she is sadly no longer in a position to answer back. Maybe Peter’s right in what he says, but to come out with it so soon after she has died really does smack of opportunistic exploitation of the dead and for that it undermines his own integrity.

15. Why is is soo upsetting for some lgbt pink news readers to read that she had lesbian relationships? If its an issue for you, then you must be very uncomfortable in your own skin.

1. I think it is more the insensitivity that Tatchel has shown that has us riled up not whether or not she has a lesbian relationship, at the end of the day most of us either think good for her or who cares if she did but the blood sucking jackal of the attention seeking media hore that is tatchel kinda gets up our nose (can you tell I am not a big fan of this guy lol)

2. What?

Tatchell makes an assumption based on a one off meeting. He knows he will be quoted and he didn’t take a minute to think about her daughter when he blamed Bobby Brown,her father for her mothers death.

What kind of cnut does that to another human being?

I have lost what little respect i had for him. He is the same man who said

Tatchell says the Stop Murder Music campaign has succeeded in provoking debate in Jamaica, but concedes that, in the short term at least, the debate may have made life more difficult for the country’s gay population. “There was a very similar effect produced by the black civil rights movement in the deep South. It provoked a backlash, the number of church burnings and lynchings went up. It was a tragic but necessary process to go through in order to vanquish white racism.”
      He was happy for LGBT Jamaicans to die. The difference between the civil rights movement was that they were in the deep south while he was at home in London

1. You are now speculating that her daughter did not know of her covert lesbian relationships and you also assume she would be as horrified as you appear to be , by that fact.. It has been well documented for years that whitney was on the down low , concerning her bisexuality.

3. Staircase2 14 Feb 2012, 8:44pm

@Rapture – Well said!

1. Yes, the wholly english gay shame theme is evident from some of the commentary here .

16. What business is it of his to comment on somthing like this? She denied it, that should be enough. You can tell by the way she conducted herself that she didnt care what people thought about her so im sure she would of been open, by the age of 48 about being a lesbian.

Let her rest in peace.

17. Can we get a day without a world according to Peter.

Hes done a lot of good for lgbt people and said some duboous stuff too but he seems to like the lime light a bit to much.

1. Quite right, Adam88.

Peter ‘Rent-A-Quote’ Tatchell would go to the opening of a letter if he thought he’d get a soundbite out of it. Outside of my ‘real’ job (the one which buys food) I’m a freelance journo for bisexual issues, and I have a special folder on my digital recorder reserved just for him at Press Conferences.

It’s called the ‘Recycle Bin’.

1. Staircase2 18 Feb 2012, 1:47am

…how very drole humphrey…

I do hope your writing is wittier than that when youre ‘writing about bisexual issues’ ‘outside of your ‘real’ job’…

2. well here’s an idea why don’t you get off your sorry arse and stand up for your own rights instead of letting people like Mr Tatchell do it for you – He is a spokes person who the press go to for comment – It is his point of view nothing more.

1. a self appointed and anointed harpr

18. DJ Sheepiesheep 14 Feb 2012, 12:52am

That bloody Kevin Costner, he had one job to do!

19. Can we get a different human rights activist, this one seems to be a bit broken and opportunistic. I heart and sympathy goes out to Whitneys daughter and all those close to her and Ihope that they ignore the fools and idiots like Tatchel who seem to have lost their morality and ability to empathise with people.

1. clearly you are one angry whitney fun, bur to make erratic calls makes you a silly one too

1. nah never really much of a Whitney fan just dislikes Tatchel more :P

BTW never claimed not to be silly lol

20. Guys, just out of respect, it’s cheap and kind of low to speculate on someone whose grave is just freshly dug.
    Have some respect for the deceased… there will be a time and place for this issue to come up.

1. Spanner1960 14 Feb 2012, 11:20pm

Um.. When? Sorry, who were we talking about? I’ve forgotten already.

21. Bobbi Brown wrote in his autobiography that he thought she was a lesbian. Peter’s not revealing some shameful thing – why shouldnt it be talked about. You lot are acting like it’s this disgusting secret she should take with her. RIP Whitney.

1. What Peter is doing is being a cheap stunt queen. He was quoted in the metro and it read like a churlish mean spirited comment.

The man is a fool and it’s not the first time he chose Malcolm x anniversary to say he was gay too. What is the point in trying to force people out after they’re dead?

1. Staircase2 18 Feb 2012, 1:53am

er
        its called ‘THE TRUTH’ you doughnut
        Just because you and so many other pea-brains on here think its ok for us to collude with oppression doesn’t actually MAKE IT SO…

Its NOT – we owe it to future young LGBT people in particular to let them know they are not alone, that they do not have to believe they are nobodys because of their sexuality – that LGBT people HAVE created HUGE contributions to the world historically…

How else we suppose to do that if we all adopt your bollocks attitude you think…?

22. You should be ashamed of yourself Peter…..just like almost every other day of the week!

23. What a pathetic famewh0re Peter Tatchell is portraying himself as here

How on EARTH would he know when Houston was at her happiest? Especially seeing as he met her briefly on 1 occasion.

1. well he’d know better than an ignorant fool like you -

1. Actually he wouldn’t.

He met her for about 10 seconds, over 20 years ago.

Yet he is making claims about when she was happiest in her life.

He’s either being delusional or a famewh0re.

I suspect the latter.

24. I suspect that Peter is not in a position to know ‘when she was happiest’ (most of us aren’t), but the signs are that her conservative religious family caused her a lot of pain and unhappiness about ther sexuality. Her marriage was certainly a disaster. The tragic and untimely death of a wonderful singer. RIP.

1. PS -
      Of course I meant ‘her’, not ‘ther’!!!

25. Pink News should tread carefully and not treat everything Peter Tatchell says as news worthy. Just because he has gained his position as a human rights activist shouldn’t mean that Pink News becomes some kind of subservient outpost to Peter’s personal blogging. This feels like an abuse of his position. Will this site be reporting on his every thought? Maybe then it should become more of a magazine site with an opinion page given over to Peter weekly under the heading, the gay Melanie Phillips! Of that part I’m joking!

26. shame on you for printing this. a little bit of respect lost here.

another attempt by peter tatchell to gain form another sad situation, horrible man.

1. That ‘horrible man’ as you call him has broken down barriers that make acceptance for lame arsed gays like you possible – It’s called an opinion, many intelligent people have them and are able to express them – go get an education and try it for yourself.

1. Anti Widdecombe 14 Feb 2012, 2:34pm

Wow JD, having read some of your comments here, you’re a pretty bigoted person. Good for Peter for his work. That doesn’t exempt him from criticism. When one makes such disrespectful comments of the dead, then be ready to take the heat of the flames one has ignited.

27. Anti Widdecombe 14 Feb 2012, 2:29pm

Peter Tatchell is a bit of a d1ck really. I hate the fact that this man is one of the prominent gay activists in the UK. Can we please have someone who isn’t a fame wh0re?

28. Media whore manages to inject himself into the story again, eh?

29. antigone savva 14 Feb 2012, 3:28pm

Why dont all the obvious misogynists f***Off
    Does the pink paper like to encourage this type of vitriole! Whitney loved women more than men get over it!

30. I am so bored by Peter Tatchell jumping on every passing wagon waving his flag. I appreciate a need for people to speak on behalf of gay rights, or Bi rights, or racial rights etc but is there a need to run to the press two days after someone has passed away and will have a close family grieving to start screaming ”she was gay, she was gay!” Not that having had an occasional ‘same sex’ relationship makes you gay Peter…

31. I had forgotten that Whitney Houston was rumoured to have been responsible for Jodie Foster arriving late (and needing make-up to cover bruises) to the set of “The Accused” – after a fight. Rumours about the two (and Kelly McGillis) were fairly rife at the time.

The internalised homophobia that Tatchell was pointing out might tend to account for some of her desperate crack-addict acting out while in her abusive marriage.

1. Kelly McGilllis (who came out in 2009) said in an interview last year that she was aware of the rumours surrounding her and Houston; but that in fact she never actually met Houston.

32. Anonymous Coward 14 Feb 2012, 8:09pm

Making a baseless accusation towards someone who cannot defend themselves is one thing but Peter may have lost the plot on this one. For someone who is “championing” the rights of the L and G people it is a shame that his claim shows a lack of awareness of the Bs in society. At most. A woman who loves men who has a relationship with a woman is having a “bisexual” relationship not a lesbian one, just having a same sex tryst does not make a person gay or lesbian. You would think he would appreciate that.

Of course Pink are notorious for bi-denial so who knows.

1. Staircase2 14 Feb 2012, 8:42pm

I dont think you’ll find anything that he said that denied that is there?
      As I read it, Peter said that she was with her female partner…and talking about same-sex relationship society pressure (thats not the same thing as somehow denying that ‘some’ people are bisexual…at ALL…)

33. Staircase2 14 Feb 2012, 8:39pm

RIP Whitney
    Bless ya – the voice of an angel x

34. Staircase2 14 Feb 2012, 8:47pm

I think all the Peter bashers on here should do themselves a favour and actually READ what was said for a change….

Knee-jerking is never attractive – and it certainly is never attractive when it CONSTANTLY rears its ugly head on here!…

READ IT PEOPLE…

1. I did read it, and Tatchell jumps to a LOT of conclusions that can only be based on speculation.

He may have wanted her to be gay; she may actually have been gay (or bi) but I know damned well that Peter Tatchell was not any type of friend or confidante of Houston, and that his ‘knowledge’ of her comes from rumours and newspapert articles.

Which begs the question – why did Pink News write this ridiculous article.

Is Pink News in trouble?

I can see no reason for the recent surge in US specific articles (articles which have zer relevance for a UK audience); or indeed articles so mind-crushingly STUPID as the ‘story’ about a gay guy in Israel who set up a Facebook page to ask the Israeli government not to attack Iran until after Madonna had done her gig. And now this pile of poo about Peter Tatchell’s ramblings on Whitney Houston?

Does Pink News no longer have an editor as these are appalling and embarrassing articles?

1. Staircase2 18 Feb 2012, 1:34am

Youre a complete dickhead

35. Jock S. Trap 15 Feb 2012, 1:08am

Peter Tatchell the new Jan Moir… who knew?!

36. Guys

Have a look at the google story loads of comments from new people probably sent by google.

This rubbsih commenting system by PN allows these trolls to skew debate

37. Suddenly Last Bummer 15 Feb 2012, 12:56pm

Is there anyone Tatchell doesn’t have an opinion on? He’s fast becoming a Stephen Fry rent-a-quote type. What are you saying Peter that Whitney was forced into a straight marriage and bore a child simply to keep up a facade?

1. “What are you saying Peter that Whitney was forced into a straight marriage and bore a child simply to keep up a facade?”

And are you seriously saying that that is not possible??

38. Well done Peter…80 comments in a few days….Thats kinna cool.
    For the haters;
    (1) this was first brought to our attention in 2006…thats 6 years ago!
    (2) it wasn’t Peter who stirred the pot…it was Bobby Browns Sister!
    (3) If Whitney was Bi or Gay then maybe thats one of the reasons she was so unhappy, and ya gotta be unhappy to do that amount of drugs.
    (4) Being Bi or Gay isn’t the problem…hiding it is.
    Whitney was the best and she was beautiful, rich, famous and talented but she made choices around her personal life and drug use, most of them not good ones.
    So lets not paint her as a saint…she was flawed, a drug addict who paid the ultimate cost. So, IF she had affairs with other women…so what, its not a crime last time I checked but I wish Whitney had felt free to accept herself and find some happiness in her life.
    Of course we could all pretend that being famous and DEAD means we can only say nice things about you, pretend that your life was perfect??

39. Well done Peter…80 comments in a few days….Thats kinna cool.
    For the haters;
    (1) this was first brought to our attention in 2006…thats 6 years ago!
    (2) it wasn’t Peter who stirred the pot…it was Bobby Browns Sister!
    (4) Being Bi or Gay isn’t the problem…hiding it is.

40. Peter Tatchell 15 Feb 2012, 1:51pm

Why would anyone object to me mentioning Whitney’s love for another woman? There is nothing bad about lesbian love. It is not a dirty, sordid thing that should be kept hidden.

I told the truth. Telling the truth does not besmirch Whitney’s memory. It honours the most important, loving relationship in her life (which many other people seem keen to ignore or deny).

I met Whitney and her partner. I know the truth. I shocks me that people want to write out of Whitney’s life the one relationship that made her truly happy.

I am not willing to be party to the cover up. Homophobia almost certainly contributed to Whitney’s demise and death. We need to acknowledge this, to spur society to reject homophobic prejudice. I don’t want to read about any more Whitney’s being pressured into marriages to deflect lesbian rumours or being driven to drink and drugs because they can’t accept and express their love for a person of the same sex.

1. Jock S. Trap 15 Feb 2012, 3:23pm

Peter, you’ve just used the tragic new of Whitney’s death to promote yourself, no-one else in the same vain that Jan Moir did over Stephen Gately. You are as bad but then you just can’t help yourself can you?
      There is no cover up, no-ones trying to hide anything it’s just you as usual Peter trying to grab headlines. It’s ridiclous and totally disrepectful. I mean they have even buried this poor woman yet but you had to get your two pennies worth it didn’t you, couldn’t wait.
      You are no better than Jan Moir. Both should be ashamed.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 15 Feb 2012, 3:50pm

But if we disagree with Peter then we’re somehow complicit in the apparent ‘cover-up’ re Whitney’s death.

1. Jock S. Trap 15 Feb 2012, 10:04pm

No we’re not. These ‘claims’ are nothing new. What was the harm in waiting til the poor woman had been buried before Peter Tatchell stated making headlines? nothing thats what.
          Just as we condemned Jan Moirs for her comments about Stephen Gately with inappropiate timing we can condemn Peter Tatchell for his.
          It’s about respect and Mr. Tatchell has shown he has none.

1. Suddenly Last Bummer 15 Feb 2012, 11:44pm

I hope you realise I was being facetious and am in total agreement with you. Peter’s initial twitter statement has now been back up by some rallying cry he has about Whitney’s death being the result of her being closeted and he seems to be suggesting that either we’re in agreement with him or we’re somehow in denial and not willing to consider she was gay or bi. I don’t even think about her sexuality when I heard of her death I considered her a great singer and millions of others do and don’t give a damn who she slept with. Peter the opportunist thinks otherwise.

2. Jock S. Trap 16 Feb 2012, 10:17am

I didn’t realise so I appologise for that. As for what you say I agree!

2. Staircase2 18 Feb 2012, 1:42am

Dont talk rubbish you daft bugger

The tone of what you’re saying now is exactly the same bloody tone you take on everything – and it bloody sucks

Peter Tatchell = Jan Moir my bloody arse!

Grow up, Strap!

1. Jock S. Trap 18 Feb 2012, 2:15pm

Yet his actions are no different to Jan Moirs.
          Oh and I would get that ‘bloody arse’ seen to if I were you.

2. “It honours the most important, loving relationship in her life”
      How do you know this?
      How many times did you meet her?
      How long did this meeting last?
      Why does bisexuality not not seem to have crossed your mind?

I have great respect for your LGBT and human rights work, I even agree with some of the points you are making outside of this context but this seems ill timed opportunistic and insensitive to her daughter especially.

1. Staircase2 18 Feb 2012, 1:37am

Whether the woman was bisexual or not – if she was in a sexual relationship with another woman it was, by definition, a LESBIAN relationship…

I find it really odd that so many posters on here feel that saying that someone is lesbian is somehow a slur –
        …BLOODY ODD!

Grow up, people…most of us on here are gay – GET OVER IT

3. Peter, would you do us all a favour and stop being such a tremendous attention seeker? Please?

When you do things like this, do you know what people think? I’ll tell you, because I keep seeing it — they think something along the lines of ‘damn, those gay people always want to make a big deal out of everything’ or ‘they always have to relate stuff to being gay’.

When you write stuff like this, you are NOT helping us.

4. The objections within the lgbt community can only be attributed to internalised gay shame, possibly from those with clandestine propensities concerning their sexuality. The reaction to your comment from certain , less assertive lgbt community is more insightful of them , than your factual statement.

41. Suddenly Last Bummer 15 Feb 2012, 2:19pm

Re: “Homophobia almost certainly contributed to Whitney’s demise and death”. You know more than L.A’s finest coroners then, they’re reserving judgement until all tests and toxicology results are returned in about 6 weeks time.

42. Sony records have apologised for hiking the price of Whitney’s cds since her death in an effort to profit from it. Will Peter T be issuing a similar apology in an attempt to garner himself headlines?

1. Oh hello there’s two of us now

1. Staircase2 18 Feb 2012, 1:38am

its the trolls I tell you…

43. As always, the minute someone dies there are rumours and muck spreading. Leave her alone and her family to grieve in peace

1. Staircase2 18 Feb 2012, 1:50am

Why is this ‘muck spreading’….

I’m now getting really annoyed by the troll-like and deliberate ‘misunderstanding’ (read ‘politically inspired character assassination’) of several of the posters on here..

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SAYING THAT SOMEONE WAS IN A LESBIAN RELATIONSHIP PEOPLE>>>>

44. Of all the things to speculate about less than a week after her death. Peter you should be ashamed of yourself, your just an attention seeking oppurtunist!!!

Have some respect, at least for her daughter and family.

If you want to comment on Whitney for anything then why dont you comment on all the charity work that she has done over the years without seeking glory for it (unlike some stars).

Just because you want everyone to know your gay doesnt meant that you hole any rights to discuss anyones elses sexuality…..

I have followed Whitney for 25yrs and her music has got me through some of the most difficult times i have ever faced so we dont wanna hear you speculating about her and if pinknews is gonna continue to allow stuff like this on their website then i personally wont be using them again

1. Whitney’s sexual orientation was her business and those close to her. If she chose to hide it that’s her choice, if so she will have had her reasons.
      In an interview she said she was her worst enemy.

She isn’t around to respond now and whatever the motivation it’s in bad taste and lacks compassion, respect and humanity.
      I don’t usually comment on these forums but amazed by what I have read…is it okay to victimise the dead now? What a world!!

1. Staircase2 18 Feb 2012, 1:40am

Since when did saying that someone was in a relationship with a woman equal ‘victimisation’ you daft sod!

45. Jock S. Trap 17 Feb 2012, 2:44pm

At last this man talks some sense. Religious people are not above the law after all they do choice to be in a religious lifestyle unlike the LGBTQI community.
    As much as they think they are above all laws they are not and should be treated just the same….ie equally and not as they choose it.

1. Jock S. Trap 17 Feb 2012, 2:46pm

Sorry I put this comment in the wrong post….don’t know how mind!! It was meant for the Trevor Phillips story.

2. Peter Tatchell is right – the truth does not dishonour Whitney Houston’s memory.

Everyone who admires Whitney’s great talent must also acknowledge that she struggled with deep inner conflicts.

Everyone who loves Whitney the artist will want to understand the private person behind the talent – a person who remains enigmatic, even after her extended interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Whitney Houston was incomparable. Her best recordings are sincere, passionate and beautiful. Let the story of Whitney Houston the woman be told the same way, with truth and dignity.

46. Peter Tatchell is right – the truth does not dishonour Whitney Houston’s memory.

Whitney Houston was an incomparable artist. Her best recordings are sincere, passionate and beautiful. Let the real story of Whitney Houston the woman be told the same way, with truth and dignity.

47. Vincent Loveall 20 May 2013, 12:34pm

Many exclusive pictures and the full story of Whitney with Robyn Crawford in London – the day they met human rights campaigner, Peter Tatchell – appear in the new book, God’s Other Children – A London Memoir, by Vernal W Scott (Amazon). The author reveals his own meeting with the two women.